Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
484,041 - 484,060 of 538,575 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

We're going to have a huge fight about tis TILL THE END!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> LOL, it's not a sin to be homosexual,
Yes it is a huge sin against the body but you don't know what that is,...

Please think of the children, oh my did we all go into a stupor?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Certainly the Orthodox don't feel the same? I know the muslims don't in word, maybe not in deed.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

on previouse hose front of doors stay on sfalt nae of my killers as criminals funeral company
check with money gone 750 000 on canadian bank secretly
who organize subpoena against me

i been force give signature to corupt lawyer but i did not give my name to evil criminals they have honer to kill me and my family

wha a pity have holy killers authority

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

pray for your killers and false witnessess

i am not jehova witness
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my god died on CROSS INRI
there is a no any marcy
there is a no law
there is a suffering

pretenders as evil witness are simple evil develish satanic force

i don't have nohing with them
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

your law
law of killers and false witness with corupt evil lawyers is not my law
as never been

n

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yy
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> LOL, it's not a sin to be homosexual, but the act of homosexuality sure is. There are many gays and lesbians out there who live chaste lives and surely are closer to Christ than you are. Hello, Christ loves everyone, including you.
Come on people it's such an easy TELL

Is this what God wants for our children to follow?

Why would you not tell them about sin and suffering...

YOU CALL YOURSELF BELIEVERS AND WON'T EVEN TELL YOUR KIDS THE TRUTH!

HELLO?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

on asfalt stay deadly name
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

my killers

byyyyyyyyyyy evil people
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

do you support corupt killers within law
corupt evil lawyers killers
go there
on asfalt stay funeral company name
as subpoena force documents
is some cover up criminals

evil serve evilllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll

no i don't give signature to evil criminal lawyers no
killers serve killers

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
don't be scare i am not killer like you
i know who they are

never trust evil people law in wrong hand
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

abuse power
your law is not my law
i lived in deference systems all my life without any rights
i am some tell them who they are

right child don't need be scare of anything
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo
god not created us for suffering
no

more people suffering every day because of corupt abusers

don't trust law
its in within
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
good people can be inat in;at

yes
your jem o is da bi;jemo i uz;im'l;jemo
very sad
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

The morman church knows it's a sin.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree this is very false teaching and harms children, WOW.
Your stupidity harms everyone. Christ said to love your neighbor, didn't He. If you don't , you don't love Christ. You are not following Christ when you hate, Marge.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on people it's such an easy TELL
Is this what God wants for our children to follow?
Why would you not tell them about sin and suffering...
YOU CALL YOURSELF BELIEVERS AND WON'T EVEN TELL YOUR KIDS THE TRUTH!
HELLO?
Home
Faiths & Prayer
The Roman Catholic Church's Official Teaching on Homosexuality
Related Topics
Faiths, Act, Persons, Deep Seated Homosexual Tendencies, Official Teaching, Homosexual Condition, Sacramental Grace, Homosexual, Natural Law, Catholic, Homosexuality, Homosexual Acts

Advertisement

Advertisement

The Roman Catholic Church's Official Teaching on Homosexuality
Excerpted from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

95 3 24 1
For context and footnotes, click here.

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity [Cf. Gen 19:1-29; Rom 1:24-27; 1 Cor 6:10; 1 Tim 1:10], tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."[Cf.

Persona Humana
] They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection. And by the way, this is the same as what Phil Robertson believes. Deal with it marge, you hate, therefore you sin, your sin of hating is as bad as the homosexual acting out his or her desires.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are starting to annoy the adults..go back in your playpen...
You're pretending, fool.
Liam

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
The RCC's aren't standing with us that homosexuality is I sin.
We should try to get them to stand with us on this, don't the fundy think?
If not we are separated brethren for sure don't you think, that would be you changing the Truth.
Hello, if it aint a sin THEY all become pedophiles AND ALL THE CHILDREN SUFFER??? HELLO!!!
Many people are probably born attracted to the same sex (homosexuals). That's not a sin. The sin is when you put your sexual organ in someones digestive system or act in other sexual ways towards someone of the same sex. In this way, heterosexuals can be just as guilty as the homosexual. We can misuse our sexual gift too. If you divorced your husband because you were attracted to another man, you acted on an impure desire. You're just as guilty as a gay person as your stand before God.

This is why protestants never should have replaced the pillar and foundation of truth- which is the Church, with the bible only. Now you don't have the guarantee of truth. Basically, all you have is your private interpretations of the Bible, less the seven Books and few chapters you removed.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

marge wrote:
Certainly the Orthodox don't feel the same? I know the muslims don't in word, maybe not in deed.
Well Marge I will bite at your bait...lol yes the Orthodox feel the same. Sorry to disappoint you..

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
oh dear Junebug (mind if i call you?:), your agreement or not doesn't mean that i'm less right:-)
Right and wrong are matters of opinion. But if your conscience nudges you that you are right-fighting out of habit, and you don't pay heed to your conscience, then I suggest (as occurred with Mother Teresa)... you will not be at peace within. And that will make it your problem.

You KNOW now that you are putting other religious beliefs down to put your own UP on a pedestal in your own mind. You KNOW that is true, and only you can do something about the situation..........
sallymorg

New Kensington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

youtube.com/watch... The Spirits killed the Vaticans creditability

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
For your information, the Temple system Judaism ended around 70 AD. Before and during and after that time Judaism became fragmented, and the Law was and is no longer favored as a way to heaven, even by Jews. Its merely a system of works, which can promote righteousness.
Jesus came along and said I have something better than works, and it will get you to heaven, but it will be much more difficult. And for that the religious and political leaders who wanted status quo, wanted him done away with, as other Jews were interested, which undermined their status....
Simple story. I wonder why you can't catch on?
As usual, you are posting Catholic dogmatic gibberish. Whether a certain system of Judaism stayed the same to Jews or not, the Catholics didn't do away with Judaism, as it still exists today.

And of course Judaism was fragmented. It used to be based on polytheism and now a lot of it is based on monotheism.

You need to do more study out from under the umbrella of your church, and broaden your scope ... or you will learn nothing other than what they want you to learn to keep you dumbed-down in their preferential CULT!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Almost right....Murder is a mortal sin, except when necessitated by self-defense, or defense of others....
So murder in self-defense is ordained by god, but suicide is a mortal sin that will be the end of association with god???

That means that the god PREFERS you murdering another human or humans over you murdering your own self.

Your dogmas are wacky ... as usual ... and they gave the Catholics permission to burn innocent humans at the stake as a NECESSITY because the ones your hierarchy labeled as "heretics" supposedly offended a god.

If you don't wake up from your cultish brain-SET ... no one can do it for you.

Religion is BUNK!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
( I intend to go through the whole N.T. this year.)
Of course you will ... because it IS your WILL that you are determined to follow.

Robert says to self ... "I don't CARE if Catholics wrote lies about the Jews. I don't CARE if John Chrysostom and all the other church fathers were Jew-haters and lied about Judaism being based on lies. I don't CARE how many Jews the Catholics murdered in order to give the impression that the Jews were all VILE and Catholics were/are HOLY. I DON'T CARE. I WANT TO BE A CATHOLIC AND I "WILL" BE A CATHOLIC."

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>
"Split Personaity" is a psychiatric disorder ( Dissociative identity disorder (DID), or multiple personality disorder (MPD).
It is a. "Disruption of identity characterized by two or more distinct personality states.".
DSM5 includes the following categories of dissociative disorders:
Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
Dissociative Amnesia (DA) with or without Dissociative Fugue
Depersonalization/Derealizatio n Disorder
Other Specified Dissociative Disorder (OSDD)
Unspecified Dissociative Disorder (UDD)
According to the Fifth, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders some of the symptoms often include the following:
dissociative amnesia,
dissociative fugue and
depersonalization disorder
There is no indication that Chrysostom presented any of these symptoms.
==========
Secondly your quote re the road to hell being paved by priest's skull is Chrysostoms encouragement to the believer to not just go along with what the priest or bishop says if they are not aligned with Scripture.
So are you implying that John Chrysostom loved the Jews and that is why he wanted them SLAYED???

You are defending a rabid Jew-hating KILLER in order to in turn defend your Catholic cult.

Those Catholic theologians (philosophers) trained you WELL ... sarcasm intended!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min curiouslu 732,419
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Tuco Blondie 226,141
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min JudgeNJury 257,744
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 48 min Some1 Else 1,240
Jermain Taylor is EVIL 52 min Doctor REALITY 2
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 59 min Doctor REALITY 2,403
These Honorable Men 1 hr paul shykora arts 6
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 94,600
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr dirty white boy- 599,723
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 173,252
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE