Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,868
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501593 Dec 21, 2013
When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said,'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?

Quentin Crisp

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501594 Dec 21, 2013
The very purpose of existence is to reconcile the glowing opinion we hold of ourselves with the appalling things that other people think about us.

Quentin Crisp
>>>>>>> >>>>

Quentin Crisp was a homosexual.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501595 Dec 21, 2013
Hahahahahahaha
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters)- Oklahoma has put a halt to new monuments at its Capitol after groups petitioned to have markers for Satan, a monkey god and a spaghetti monster erected near a large stone tablet inscribed with the Ten Commandments.

The Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission voted on Thursday to ban new monuments on statehouse grounds until a court battle is settled with the American Civil Liberties Union, which is seeking the removal of the Ten Commandments, local media reported.

Commission officials were not immediately available for comment on Friday.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501596 Dec 21, 2013
"Satan, a monkey god, and a spaghetti monster!!!"

That is the funniest theology EVER!

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501597 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So murder in self-defense is ordained by god, but suicide is a mortal sin that will be the end of association with god???
That means that the god PREFERS you murdering another human or humans over you murdering your own self.
Your dogmas are wacky ... as usual ... and they gave the Catholics permission to burn innocent humans at the stake as a NECESSITY because the ones your hierarchy labeled as "heretics" supposedly offended a god.
If you don't wake up from your cultish brain-SET ... no one can do it for you.
Religion is BUNK!
June

As usual, you missed the point, that is OffDerMark..., suicide has mitigating circumstances, as does killing.

Location hidden

#501599 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you will ... because it IS your WILL that you are determined to follow.
Robert says to self ... "I don't CARE if Catholics wrote lies about the Jews. I don't CARE if John Chrysostom and all the other church fathers were Jew-haters and lied about Judaism being based on lies. I don't CARE how many Jews the Catholics murdered in order to give the impression that the Jews were all VILE and Catholics were/are HOLY. I DON'T CARE. I WANT TO BE A CATHOLIC AND I "WILL" BE A CATHOLIC."
June

Does it matter what happened in the past? Is there anything I can do now, to change the past?

By the way, you might say, NASL talks to Self/self, I merely think about things, and if so moved try and get a reasonable explanation.

By the way, you stated a few days ago, or at least implied, that John the Baptist came after Jesus....Its time for you to go back and do some studying girl.

Location hidden

#501600 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I realized that I first had to take my self out from under the umbrella of my own religious indoctrination as having any merit whatsoever ... in order to see that what I had been taught as truth was simply based on perception.
Once I learned that issue, it was a short step to seeing that all religion was and is based on "perception" ... and perception is nothing other than opinion.
Mythology is philosophy ... PERIOD!
You can make a savior-myth of HUGE importance in your own mind ... but what good comes of it when you fight with others and put down their savior-myths as false?
I suggest you think about it ... and you will see that your right-fighting ways are sadly lacking in any credibility whatsoever.
June

And the perception of reality is not reality.

But you bring up a good point. Pride, and false humility discredit the practice of both the religious, and irreligious person or group....
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#501601 Dec 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
As usual, you missed the point, that is OffDerMark..., suicide has mitigating circumstances, as does killing.
What doesn't.

Criminals are often mentally ill.

Socio-economic factors play a huge role in what a child becomes later in life.

Nearly every form of sin has mitigating circumstances.

Your religion is nothing but irrational, unprovable delusion.

Mine is the only proven God.

Ramen

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501602 Dec 21, 2013
If a Protestant believes that a Catholic is evil ... does that mean that the Catholic IS evil ... or simply that the Protestant BELIEVES that the Catholic is evil???

I suggest you think about the silliness of such an attitude.

Only if you think about it, can you choose to go beyond those type of thoughts.

I don't believe that humans ARE evil ... period! From my perception ... we are all messed up in our mentalities, by others putting their messed-up thoughts into our thoughts and adding their messes to our messes.

If you aren't confused ... I suggest you aren't one of us!
marge

Ames, IA

#501603 Dec 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Well Marge I will bite at your bait...lol yes the Orthodox feel the same. Sorry to disappoint you..
It does disappoint me, can you explain what the Scripture means then, ;

9 Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, 10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And this is what some of you used to be. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501604 Dec 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Does it matter what happened in the past? Is there anything I can do now, to change the past?
You can learn that your Catholic doctrines are no more based on truth than are the doctrines in other religions ... but you refuse to learn that valuable lesson.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501605 Dec 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
And the perception of reality is not reality.
You are certain that your perception of a heaven for you and hell for others IS based on reality.

If that were not so, you would not put such adoring faith in your Catholic doctrines as being based on truth, while belittling the doctrines of the Protestants ... for instance.

You vacated your Protestant religion to become Catholic, because you trusted that your perception spotted TRUTH IN Catholicism.

You are such a double-talker, you become all tangled up in your double-talk.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#501606 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you implying that John Chrysostom loved the Jews and that is why he wanted them SLAYED???
You are defending a rabid Jew-hating KILLER in order to in turn defend your Catholic cult.
Those Catholic theologians (philosophers) trained you WELL ... sarcasm intended!
1 Using "schizo" showed you use terms without knowing what they mean
2 Using the Chrysostom quote demonstrated you use quotes without knowing what the quote is referring to

3 You still dont know the basics- ie I am not Catholic

4. You never read a theologian

5 accusing someone of antisemitism will not cover up your lack of knowledge and blinders
marge

Ames, IA

#501607 Dec 21, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> Your stupidity harms everyone. Christ said to love your neighbor, didn't He. If you don't , you don't love Christ. You are not following Christ when you hate, Marge.
So you love your children by telling them these things are not sin???

Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people--none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God.
marge

Ames, IA

#501608 Dec 21, 2013
6:9-11 The Corinthians are warned against many great evils, of which they had formerly been guilty. There is much force in these inquiries, when we consider that they were addressed to a people puffed up with a fancy of their being above others in wisdom and knowledge. All unrighteousness is sin; all reigning sin, nay, every actual sin, committed with design, and not repented of, shuts out of the kingdom of heaven. Be not deceived. Men are very much inclined to flatter themselves that they may live in sin, yet die in Christ, and go to heaven. But we cannot hope to sow to the flesh, and reap everlasting life. They are reminded what a change the gospel and grace of God had made in them. The blood of Christ, and the washing of regeneration, can take away all guilt. Our justification is owing to the suffering and merit of Christ; our sanctification to the working of the Holy Spirit; but both go together. All who are made righteous in the sight of God, are made holy by the grace of God. MH

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#501609 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I realized that I first had to take my self out from under the umbrella of my own religious indoctrination as having any merit whatsoever ... in order to see that what I had been taught as truth was simply based on perception.
Once I learned that issue, it was a short step to seeing that all religion was and is based on "perception" ... and perception is nothing other than opinion.
Mythology is philosophy ... PERIOD!
You can make a savior-myth of HUGE importance in your own mind ... but what good comes of it when you fight with others and put down their savior-myths as false?
I suggest you think about it ... and you will see that your right-fighting ways are sadly lacking in any credibility whatsoever.
==========

Who indoctrinated you- the Smurfs????

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501610 Dec 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
The Catholic hierarchy taught that (ACCORDING TO THE CREATOR) killing others in defense of Catholicism and the Catholic church was HOLY ... and that suicide was EVIL.

If you don't see it Robert ... you CHOOSE to stay blind-sighted.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#501611 Dec 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It does disappoint me, can you explain what the Scripture means then, ;
9 Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, 10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers—none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And this is what some of you used to be. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
I will if you can you explain why you think the Catholic and Orthodox Churches support homosexual behavior.
marge

Ames, IA

#501612 Dec 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Well Marge I will bite at your bait...lol yes the Orthodox feel the same. Sorry to disappoint you..
So to you the text does not say they use to be thieves homosexuals etc? What does it mean that they were washed?
wildbill

Meridian, ID

#501613 Dec 21, 2013
Blasphemers...The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the ONE TRUE CHURCH. The FSM has never been found in the pants of choir boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Dally Mama 764,455
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min truth 603,604
Moses never existed 28 min truth 555
Dog Food Secrets 56 min Jack dog training 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr leyan sha 1,180
(Last Update) All grand theft auto cheats for P... 1 hr gta cheats 1
Secrets To Dog Training: Stop Your Dog's Behavi... 1 hr Jack Miller 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 263,441
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Catcher1 175,040

Top Stories People Search