Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658431 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501867 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Perhaps your scientists will determine every murderer should not be in prison because they were born with the MURDER gene. Maybe every rapist and thief should be released from prison because they were born with the rapist and thief gene and what they did is not really their fault. Should society release Charles Manson and every serial killer and rapist that are in prison because what they did is not their fault. God made them a killer and a rapist. Right?
You are as dumb as a post. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Cly, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. Cheap. Are you interested?
FREE WILL------ever heard of FREE WILL?
Logic and reason? Your logic has no reason other than to justify your sin and promote the perversion your self professed church endorses. Put that is your logical pipe and smoke it OldCly.
<quoted text>
OldCly said, quote, "Is drug addiction or alcohol addiction a sin? " End quote.
Answer: YES
OldCly said, quote, "many people are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own." End quote.
Yes, many people, BABIES, are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own. Not adults idiot.
OldCly said, quote, " Its entirely reasonable to think SOME people are born attracted to the same sex. I don't believe all homosexuals were born that way." End quote.
Nobody, not ever, was born a homosexual. Just as nobody, not ever, was born a liar, murderer and a thief. Lying, murdering and stealing is a CHOICE. Again, have you ever heard of FREE WILL.
OldCly said, quote, "Some had daddy issues and something triggered this lifestyle." End quote.
Daddy issues? Something triggered this lifestyle? Ever heard of SIN. And to sin is a CHOICE. Every society that ever existed knew the difference between right and wrong. EVERY. Do you know the difference OldCly?
We're talking about two different things,'ol g. To have gay sex is wrong. Its a sin. But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin.

(this is why fundies need something more than their Bible interpretations. Jesus knew better than to have y'all running around with Bibles in your hands. He left us with a Church which is the pillar and foundation of truth, per scripture.

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#501868 Dec 22, 2013
When the Catholics and Protestants took up arms against each other, it took some of the heat off of the Jews.

But Catholics had long memories and they were not about to forgive the Jews for killing the "savior."

Crazy people and their crazed dogmas will never strive for peace.

Neo-Nazi is a word that should not exist. Nazi is the only term necessary to keep the movement of hate against the Jews alive and VERY UNWELL.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#501869 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics and Protestants are not on the same page of the same bible.
Pope Leo X hated Martin Luther, and Martin Luther hated the pope.
And they both preached that they knew how "Jesus" wanted them to behave.
And as we can witness on this forum among that Catholics and Protestants, nothing has changed.
I'm sure you think your post is relevant, June.

Canada

#501870 Dec 22, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Just coming in for a quick visit,and ran across this.June you have made an assessment here that is not far from the truth.That is why we have Protestantism!
Protestantism came to earth through the ex-Catholic-monk Martin Luther, who wanted to marry a nun, and so he felt an URGE to change the "mind" of god to suit his own penis and testicles.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501871 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Perhaps your scientists will determine every murderer should not be in prison because they were born with the MURDER gene. Maybe every rapist and thief should be released from prison because they were born with the rapist and thief gene and what they did is not really their fault. Should society release Charles Manson and every serial killer and rapist that are in prison because what they did is not their fault. God made them a killer and a rapist. Right?
You are as dumb as a post. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Cly, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. Cheap. Are you interested?
Logic and reason? Your logic has no reason other than to justify your sin and promote the perversion your self professed church endorses. Put that is your logical pipe and smoke it OldCly.
<quoted text>
OldCly said, quote, "many people are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own." End quote.
Yes, many people, BABIES, are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own. Not adults idiot.
OldCly said, quote, " Its entirely reasonable to think SOME people are born attracted to the same sex. I don't believe all homosexuals were born that way." End quote.
Nobody, not ever, was born a homosexual. Just as nobody, not ever, was born a liar, murderer and a thief. Lying, murdering and stealing is a CHOICE. Again, have you ever heard of FREE WILL.
OldCly said, quote, "Some had daddy issues and something triggered this lifestyle." End quote.
Daddy issues? Something triggered this lifestyle? Ever heard of SIN. And to sin is a CHOICE. Every society that ever existed knew the difference between right and wrong. EVERY. Do you know the difference OldCly?
Btw, oldjeep, people who are born addicted to drugs and alcohol grow up and become adults. This addiction doesn't go away and they'd do good to avoid drinking.
Just curious why you agree that people are born addicted to drugs and alcohol but not attraction to the same sex?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501872 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Breathe slowly, collect your thoughts, and put them in a cogent sentence or two.
You can do it.
I have confidence in you.
Take a breath. Collect your thoughts and put them in an easily understood sentence or two I can do it. CAN YOU? I have absolutely no confidence in you but give it the old college try.

Canada

#501873 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about two different things,'ol g. To have gay sex is wrong. Its a sin. But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin.
But for Catholics to kill homosexuals as sinner was NOT a sin ... according to your DIVINE mental intervention ... HUH???

You blathering IDIOT!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

AD

342: Christian Emperors Constans and Contantinus create a law against samesex
marriages.

390: homosexuality is declared a crime in several Christian empires&#894; those found guilty are sentenced to be burnt alive in public.

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/cbarre/global%20...

Canada

#501874 Dec 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you think your post is relevant, June.
Yes ... I do, or I wouldn't have posted it.

You wanted to make a big issue out of Ignatius supporting a Catholic dogma. What else would you expect from a Catholic theologian but TO support his own dogma???

Again ... it's adhering to a reflection in one's own "looking glass."

Columbus, OH

#501875 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Take a breath. Collect your thoughts and put them in an easily understood sentence or two I can do it. CAN YOU? I have absolutely no confidence in you but give it the old college try.
I'll take that for "no".

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501876 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as your arrogant will demands it to be true ... no Jewish Rabbi that went by the prestigious title of Rabboni would ever teach Catholicism as being based on truth. EVER!!!
Stomp your Catholicized feet in a tantrum if it so pleases you ... but you can't turn (within the theology) a king of the Jews into a Catholic pope, cardinal or a priest or even a supporter of Catholic nuns.
It just would NOT occur!!!
June

I can't be sure as to what you mean. Just to many things going on in such a short paragraph.

Since I doubt if Jesus considered himself a Jewish Rabbi, but was given the title Rabonni, meaning spiritual master, teacher, well-respected, by the Truth-seeking Jews about him. More or less by default, they considered him of higher authority, than the Jewish Rabbi's around....

He was there to offer a spiritual heaven to all, including Jew and Gentile.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501877 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut it Marge. You remind me of that fanatic lady in "The Mist",(a Stephen King film)
You have no clue what the scriptures are saying nor what Pope Francis was saying. I would explain what the Pope meant, but you'd ignore it because that's how fanatics function. They ignore truths. I'm thankful I'm young enough that I'll see this plague of fundamentalism come to an end. Catholics started the New Evangelization a few yrs ago. Its going to take at least a generation to turn the tide. Its your worst nightmare to have Catholics stand on street corners and go door to door. You guys have no answer to Catholicism. They'll make you ashamed to be using their Holy Book against them.
streetevangelization.com
Pad

Rockford, IL

#501878 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I was under the spell of religion, I never believed that a creator would find me more appealing than any other devout believer in any other religion ... or an Agnostic, or an Atheist. And for that, I am thankful.
your statement is so typical of a blind person leading the blind.Being under a spell leaves one in a fog like state,and often the person is unable to make a decision on their own.I do not find people of faith unable to make decisions for themselves,nor are they bewitched by the Savior,as He does not force Himself on any of us,and He gives LIFE to us,that includes a mind that is not seduced or coerced,but able to clearly see what He gives.Church people are capable of causing one to feel confined and even enslaved to an ideal.But the PERSON of Christ Himself does not inflict such ideals into His people.Therefore that is why each person must have a separate conversion,there must be a decision made that chooses Christ individually,not corporately.or because of what someone else implys,or persuades.

Christ is more than capable of leading us into all truth without the help of organizations.But He also allows for the organization to bring the opportunity for corporate Worship,that pleases God.You still hold on to your own understanding and that should have been challenged from the start when you were first spell-bound by the God-thing as it were. God is the Fount of all wisdom and Holiness,your negative assessments of Him in these posts really are the epitome of a mind that refuses to allow that which is greater to bless and give you insights into HIM.Actually it is quite disrespectful,at best,you might want to reconsider your stand June,because at the time when you must face HIM,(face to face)@ judgment,your arrogance will not be a problem to you.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501879 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Recognizing anti-Semitism in verse and chapter would be a start on your journey to free you from the lies implanted in your brain-cells by the Catholic theologians.
But first you have to desire to SEE the lies.
June

Perhaps you could find chapter and verse in the Bible that supports your overt anti-Semitic response. Otherwise, you might want to drop this line....

Canada

#501880 Dec 22, 2013
Preachers of religion are all certain that they have been called by a creator to use divine intervention between the creator and other humans.

They consider they are the middle-men with a divine duty.

There is no cure for such idiocy, unless they pop their own balloons of egoism and deflate the arrogant that they chose to incur on their own accounts.

Canada

#501881 Dec 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I can't be sure as to what you mean.
It is obvious you don't want to be sure of what I mean.

You want your Catholicism to be right on the mark of truth ... PERIOD!

I GET that!

Columbus, OH

#501882 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... I do, or I wouldn't have posted it.
You wanted to make a big issue out of Ignatius supporting a Catholic dogma. What else would you expect from a Catholic theologian but TO support his own dogma???
Again ... it's adhering to a reflection in one's own "looking glass."
You're confused, June.

Please identify a post where I mentioned Ignatius.

And please put the crack pipe down.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501883 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
(this is why fundies need something more than their Bible interpretations. Jesus knew better than to have y'all running around with Bibles in your hands. He left us with a Church which is the pillar and foundation of truth, per scripture.
You are talking about two different things!

OldCly said, quote, "But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin." End quote.

Really? What does the Bible tell us? Does the Bible agree with OldCly. Let's see.

Matthew 5:28, "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Oops! Busted again OldCly.

Canada

#501884 Dec 22, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>your statement is so typical of a blind person leading the blind.
And of course you believe it is YOUR duty to lead us all to the LIGHT.

According to you, if it was not for your divine intervention ... we would all end up in Christian hell ... rejected by "Jesus."

:)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501885 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Take a breath. Collect your thoughts and put them in an easily understood sentence or two/ I can do it. CAN YOU? I have absolutely no confidence in you but give it the old college try.
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that for "no".
Take it as you please.

Canada

#501886 Dec 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Perhaps you could find chapter and verse in the Bible that supports your overt anti-Semitic response. Otherwise, you might want to drop this line....
Your idol John Chrysostom KNEW that the Catholic new testament was based on anti-Semitism.

And the Jews knew and know that the new testament was based on anti-Semitism.

The fact that you ignore the scriptures that makes you uncomfortable, is not my problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Internet Reality 45,587
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Thinking 70,204
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min nanoanomaly 974,651
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 18 min ImFree2Choose 2,999
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Internet Reality 618,840
News Bush, First Lady Lay Wreaths At Ground Zero (Sep '06) 29 min Ole Miss Heroin 66
Breaking The KING JAMES BIBLE (KJV) CODE 38 min James 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Buck Crick 282,890
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 4 hr gundee123 4,940
More from around the web