Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699309 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#501880 Dec 22, 2013
Preachers of religion are all certain that they have been called by a creator to use divine intervention between the creator and other humans.

They consider they are the middle-men with a divine duty.

There is no cure for such idiocy, unless they pop their own balloons of egoism and deflate the arrogant that they chose to incur on their own accounts.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501881 Dec 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I can't be sure as to what you mean.
It is obvious you don't want to be sure of what I mean.

You want your Catholicism to be right on the mark of truth ... PERIOD!

I GET that!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#501882 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... I do, or I wouldn't have posted it.
You wanted to make a big issue out of Ignatius supporting a Catholic dogma. What else would you expect from a Catholic theologian but TO support his own dogma???
Again ... it's adhering to a reflection in one's own "looking glass."
You're confused, June.

Please identify a post where I mentioned Ignatius.

And please put the crack pipe down.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501883 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Perhaps your scientists will determine every murderer should not be in prison because they were born with the MURDER gene. Maybe every rapist and thief should be released from prison because they were born with the rapist and thief gene and what they did is not really their fault. Should society release Charles Manson and every serial killer and rapist that are in prison because what they did is not their fault. God made them a killer and a rapist. Right?
You are as dumb as a post. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Cly, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. Cheap. Are you interested?
FREE WILL------ever heard of FREE WILL?
Logic and reason? Your logic has no reason other than to justify your sin and promote the perversion your self professed church endorses. Put that is your logical pipe and smoke it OldCly.
<quoted text>
OldCly said, quote, "Is drug addiction or alcohol addiction a sin? " End quote.
Answer: YES
OldCly said, quote, "many people are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own." End quote.
Yes, many people, BABIES, are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own. Not adults idiot.
OldCly said, quote, " Its entirely reasonable to think SOME people are born attracted to the same sex. I don't believe all homosexuals were born that way." End quote.
Nobody, not ever, was born a homosexual. Just as nobody, not ever, was born a liar, murderer and a thief. Lying, murdering and stealing is a CHOICE. Again, have you ever heard of FREE WILL.
OldCly said, quote, "Some had daddy issues and something triggered this lifestyle." End quote.
Daddy issues? Something triggered this lifestyle? Ever heard of SIN. And to sin is a CHOICE. Every society that ever existed knew the difference between right and wrong. EVERY. Do you know the difference OldCly?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about two different things,'ol g. To have gay sex is wrong. Its a sin. But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin.
(this is why fundies need something more than their Bible interpretations. Jesus knew better than to have y'all running around with Bibles in your hands. He left us with a Church which is the pillar and foundation of truth, per scripture.
You are talking about two different things!

OldCly said, quote, "But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin." End quote.

Really? What does the Bible tell us? Does the Bible agree with OldCly. Let's see.

Matthew 5:28, "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Oops! Busted again OldCly.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501884 Dec 22, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>your statement is so typical of a blind person leading the blind.
And of course you believe it is YOUR duty to lead us all to the LIGHT.

According to you, if it was not for your divine intervention ... we would all end up in Christian hell ... rejected by "Jesus."

:)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501885 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Perhaps your scientists will determine every murderer should not be in prison because they were born with the MURDER gene. Maybe every rapist and thief should be released from prison because they were born with the rapist and thief gene and what they did is not really their fault. Should society release Charles Manson and every serial killer and rapist that are in prison because what they did is not their fault. God made them a killer and a rapist. Right?
You are as dumb as a post. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Cly, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. Cheap. Are you interested?
FREE WILL------ever heard of FREE WILL?
Logic and reason? Your logic has no reason other than to justify your sin and promote the perversion your self professed church endorses. Put that is your logical pipe and smoke it OldCly.
<quoted text>
OldCly said, quote, "Is drug addiction or alcohol addiction a sin? " End quote.
Answer: YES
OldCly said, quote, "many people are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own." End quote.
Yes, many people, BABIES, are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own. Not adults idiot.
OldCly said, quote, " Its entirely reasonable to think SOME people are born attracted to the same sex. I don't believe all homosexuals were born that way." End quote.
Nobody, not ever, was born a homosexual. Just as nobody, not ever, was born a liar, murderer and a thief. Lying, murdering and stealing is a CHOICE. Again, have you ever heard of FREE WILL.
OldCly said, quote, "Some had daddy issues and something triggered this lifestyle." End quote.
Daddy issues? Something triggered this lifestyle? Ever heard of SIN. And to sin is a CHOICE. Every society that ever existed knew the difference between right and wrong. EVERY. Do you know the difference OldCly?
<quoted text>
Take a breath. Collect your thoughts and put them in an easily understood sentence or two/ I can do it. CAN YOU? I have absolutely no confidence in you but give it the old college try.
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that for "no".
Take it as you please.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501886 Dec 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Perhaps you could find chapter and verse in the Bible that supports your overt anti-Semitic response. Otherwise, you might want to drop this line....
Your idol John Chrysostom KNEW that the Catholic new testament was based on anti-Semitism.

And the Jews knew and know that the new testament was based on anti-Semitism.

The fact that you ignore the scriptures that makes you uncomfortable, is not my problem.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501887 Dec 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused, June.
Please identify a post where I mentioned Ignatius.
Sorry. I must have mixed you up with another arrogant Christian.

Columbus, OH

#501888 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Take it as you please.
I do.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501889 Dec 22, 2013
The whole theme of the new testament is that a Jewish messiah came to earth to lead the Jews away from Judaism and into Catholicism.

THAT is Catholic anti-Semitic hate literature.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501890 Dec 22, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Just coming in for a quick visit,and ran across this.June you have made an assessment here that is not far from the truth.That is why we have Protestantism! The Political ventures of Early Roman Catholicism was especially ruthless,and we know that the INQUISITION evidenced more than people wanted to admit,the horrible treatment of non-Catholics,targeting the Prots and Jews.
The Jews were the first to experience the political might of ROME,(RCCh).It is quite obvious that the RCCh changed the whole atmosphere of the Simplicity of Christianity that remained soley commited to Jesus Christ, to a greedy quest for land,kingdoms and Nations.It is a blemish that the whole of the Christian Church will have to carry till Christ Returns.His Nature,and all He taught never gave the license for His followers to rule nations with an iron fist,throwing people in prisons,and torturing them till they confessed to trumped up charges.Many of those poor souls were burned to a stake(Auto-Fe)..If you read the New Testament with an open mind you will see that the character and nature of Jesus could never condone the death of one human being by means of torture,in order to convert their soul to HIM.
A forced conversion is not what the Creator wants,He wants a person to choose Him from their hearts,using their will to make that most wonderful decision to take Jesus as one's Savior and Lord.
Pad

Peace

Nice to see you.

The territory of Israel was occupied by Egyptians, Persians, Rome, and has been a crossroads for war. So it is no doubt that Jews were the target, and some resisted by faith, while others became zealots.

If some used the RCC for personal power, or some ideal, then it is upon their shoulders the burden rests, and not for Christianity.

It is easy to generalize sometimes, but I don't conflate Christ and religion. Some do, and the line is blurred. I notice some people on here tend to confabulate the two, as a sort of self-justification....

Columbus, OH

#501891 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I must have mixed you up with another arrogant Christian.
Another Christian?

I'm a Christian now?

Please provide the evidence.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#501892 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestantism came to earth through the ex-Catholic-monk Martin Luther, who wanted to marry a nun, and so he felt an URGE to change the "mind" of god to suit his own penis and testicles.
Oh June,you are definitely getting worse,perhaps you should go to a physician to check your present condition.The Protestant Reformation was at best the greatest move of human conscience to finally challenge a ruthless religious tyrannical system.Sorry if the present day RCs do not agree,if they lived under such a system,they would have rebelled as well.Look at many Catholics today,so many of them moan and groan over some of the strong stands the church takes on many issues,even to the point that they threaten to leave the church over it.How much more back in the day that the Reformers challenged the Roman See,and its selfish intent to subjugate all of Europe,to the narrow confines of religious canon as they saw it.totally denying the Grace of God that came through Christ,that which the Apostles KNEW and practiced.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501893 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Perhaps your scientists will determine every murderer should not be in prison because they were born with the MURDER gene.
If scientists do come to that conclusion, it would excuse the warriors that killed in the name of gods, as it would mean that the killing gene was in them and they had to kill because it was in their natures TO kill and the killing didn't have anything in common with wills of gods.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501894 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idol John Chrysostom KNEW that the Catholic new testament was based on anti-Semitism.
And the Jews knew and know that the new testament was based on anti-Semitism.
The fact that you ignore the scriptures that makes you uncomfortable, is not my problem.
June

It is a stretch to call the NT anti-Semitic. Rather it is unbiased, and neutral. Some people need to have an opponent in order to argue, or they feel usurped.

So if treating others as equals offends you, then we know the reason you don't like the N.T. Right?
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501895 Dec 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I can't be sure as to what you mean.
The whole theme of the new testament is that a Jewish messiah came to earth to lead the Jews away from Judaism and into Catholicism.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501896 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
You are talking about two different things!
OldCly said, quote, "But to have attraction and not act on it, is not a sin." End quote.
Really? What does the Bible tell us? Does the Bible agree with OldCly. Let's see.
Matthew 5:28, "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
Oops! Busted again OldCly.
Read the verses before you shove em in peoples faces, OldGJ.

Mathew 5:28 is correct. Do you know what lustful INTENT is? I doubt gay people are walking around all day lusting after each other. I mean, I'm attracted to woman but i don't walk around the mall lusting after them.
Crack!! walk off home run for cly! take that oldjg!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#501897 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I get a little misty eyed thinking Christmas at the VanDerMarks cabin surrounded by your motherly charm and the glow of the fireplace.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501898 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, oldjeep, people who are born addicted to drugs and alcohol grow up and become adults. This addiction doesn't go away and they'd do good to avoid drinking.
Just curious why you agree that people are born addicted to drugs and alcohol but not attraction to the same sex?
Your ignorance has no limits. OldCly said, quote, " people who are born addicted to drugs and alcohol grow up and become adults. This addiction doesn't go away and they'd do good to avoid drinking." End quote.

And then OldCly said, quote, "Just curious why you agree that people are born addicted to drugs and alcohol but not attraction to the same sex?" End quote.

Read these sentences. Just read them. Your so pathetically ignorant I am speechless.

New born babies are not born addicted to drugs and or alcohol of their own FREE WILL. New born babies can be born addicted to drugs and or alcohol only because the mother was addicted to drugs and or alcohol.

Using your moronic Roman Catholic logic if and expectant mother consumes a "homosexual" her new born baby would be born a "homosexual".LOL LOL LOL

OldCly, you are DUMB. You would be better served to shut up and go away.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#501899 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course you believe it is YOUR duty to lead us all to the LIGHT.
According to you, if it was not for your divine intervention ... we would all end up in Christian hell ... rejected by "Jesus."
:)
Actually I could take that as a compliment,but you know yourself deep down that life is too short to remain so stubborn,and to speak about great things with such disdain.I cannot let you go without some reply of defense for that which is eternal,wholesome and good,seeing your attitude to debunk all that which has survived every sort of rejection.Not that all you say has any affect on those sacred things.I have never condemned you to any hell,and I will refrain from using that kind of tactic.Nevertheless June,you are the one who creates your own space,and that is your choice,but when it comes to tearing down that which is beyond your comprehension,I myself will try to give you reason to change the course you are on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 17 min Big Al 37
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 18 min Bear Claw 71,158
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 24 min Peter Ross 447,274
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min Dang Jersey Piney 994,966
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 2 hr Ricky F 1,837
After 2 years of being together, we broke up. 7 hr lookforlove23 4
Simpson made morgue's embalmer's job......"easy" 10 hr Doctor REALITY 1