Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 24,201)

Showing posts 484,001 - 484,020 of512,247
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you KNOW how many times our present Calendar was "Tweaked"?
NONE of the dates 29 Sept. or 25 Dec. match with what were the days and months when Jesus was born!!
All these days are fictitious and just fixed by humans as "most convenient"
We are well aware of the difference between our calendar and the Hebrew calendar. Hence we go by the Hebrew calendar date but compared to our calendar date. The Hebrew calendar month is actually shorter than our calendar month.

According to our calendar we say that it's 2013 but in reality acording to the Hebrew calendar it's later than that folks. A word to the wise is sufficient. ARE YOU WISE?
socci

Hermitage, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Do you KNOW how many times our present Calendar was "Tweaked"?
NONE of the dates 29 Sept. or 25 Dec. match with what were the days and months when Jesus was born!!
All these days are fictitious and just fixed by humans as "most convenient"
The Jews have been keeping the same sabbath since about 4000 years. The weekly cycle was maintained in the calendar switch whether Lunar or Gregorian. Then the Gregorian calendar was altered once in 1582, from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar. Thursday, October 4, was followed by Friday, October 15. This change did not affect the weekly sequence.

Can We Know What Day is the Sabbath?
www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...
socci

Hermitage, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
I'm gonna help you to see that in the book of Esther Gods sacred name is written in acrostics a total of five times when taken back to the Hebrew language. I post this link from Esther to reveal the acrostics as shown in Esther written in Hebrew.
http://www.theseason.org/esther/companion_bib...
As one can clearly see there is no letter J so Gods name cannot be pronounced or spelled JEHOVAH but rather it is pronounced and spelled YHVH pronounced Y a H o V a H.
Transliterated thru the Greek to English adds J -- there is no salvation in pronunciation. This Yah sectarian divisiveness has no wisdom to it. We know is behind sectarianism?

We know when Jesus was born. And then? It is important to then calculate when the 70 weeks of Dn ended, and the crucifixion. Then 2000 years from the crucifixion closes the 6000 years of the millennial week.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not an atheist. She blames God for a horrific tragedy she caused......
Cut her some slack....pray to God, in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, that through His mercy, love and compassion, He will open her eyes and ears, and she will receive the gift of Salvation....
Well if she's blaming God for some tragedy or something negative that happened in her life then I strongly advise her to read JEREMIAH 23:34-36. God will not accept being blamed for something that He did not do.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Transliterated thru the Greek to English adds J -- there is no salvation in pronunciation. This Yah sectarian divisiveness has no wisdom to it. We know is behind sectarianism?
We know when Jesus was born. And then? It is important to then calculate when the 70 weeks of Dn ended, and the crucifixion. Then 2000 years from the crucifixion closes the 6000 years of the millennial week.
About the name of the Lord. It is right to try and pronounce that most powerful name right. Why? We are told that we can cast out devils in that name and demon spirits are made subject to that name. Now if you try to cast out a devil in the Lords name and you use the wrong name and pronouciation then demons don't have to be subject to that name if you are pronouncing His name wrong. The power is in that name which when pronounced accurately makes demons impotent.

I prefer to to be right when it comes to Gods correct name.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
I see also that I need to give a lesson on the 70 weeks of Daniel which is one of the three generational periods. There is a 40 week generation....... a 70 week generation period and then there is guess what.......... A 120 WEEK GENERATION.PERIOD?
Think spiritually people. When the word week is used we're not talking about literal weeks.

Great lesson I would like to give you guys on the three generational periods.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews have been keeping the same sabbath since about 4000 years. The weekly cycle was maintained in the calendar switch whether Lunar or Gregorian. Then the Gregorian calendar was altered once in 1582, from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar. Thursday, October 4, was followed by Friday, October 15. This change did not affect the weekly sequence.
From friday sundown until saturday sundown is the correct sabbath as set by the Lord of Hosts,not by man.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
In my studies and observances I have discovered that the "JEWS" don't know how to accurately set certain dates and days. For example we are shown from Gods word how to set the date for the observance of the Passover. However if you notice every year when the Jews observe the Passover, the date that they set the date for it's observance falls on a different day than it should be if they set the date by following the instructions as given by the Lord God in His word. If one has eyes to see it should make you go..Hmmmmmmm.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Many high ranking and supposedly educated "experts" in the field of Theology that pass themselves off as scholars are instead nothing more than "DECEIVERS?

A word to the wise is sufficient.
wee

Warner, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

wee
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Liam wrote:
As much as I enjoy topix, I don't think I can hang much longer with these advertisements. They smother my page. I can't read anyone's posts half the time because some perfume add won't allow me to see.
Its probably a blessing in disguise..
That sucks because I really thought I was finally reaching oldjg and Preston. Lol.
If you aren't using it, I recommend Firefox:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

with appropriate security add-ons, Ghostery, Adblock, Adblock Plus, Flashblock, Better Privacy, and WOT:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/exte...

With Firefox and those add-ons, you will not have that issue, and your surfing will be considerably safer in general.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you aren't using it, I recommend Firefox:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
with appropriate security add-ons, Ghostery, Adblock, Adblock Plus, Flashblock, Better Privacy, and WOT:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/exte...
With Firefox and those add-ons, you will not have that issue, and your surfing will be considerably safer in general.
I think. Clay uses a phone ..

I agree Firefox on the computer is much better than Explorer ..
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think. Clay uses a phone ..
I agree Firefox on the computer is much better than Explorer ..
I don't have an answer for a phone.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I clearly remember my joy after being born again....satan would never again tempt me.
I was dead wrong!!!!! His attacks intensified......he hated to lose me...I was one of his favorite sinners!!!!!
He hasn't lost you, fool.

Were he real, he'd be well please with you.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Earl Scruggs, Steve Martin, and several greats (as well as Paul Shaffer, who I assume paid to get in the room with the real talent), along with Chewbacca on organ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Good stuff.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You learn to spell it. I'll even help you out. Go to the book of Esther and research the acrostics of Gods name as given in the Hebrew. A person that has eyes to see will discover that the acrostics of Gods name given in Hebrew in the book of Esther is YHVH which is pronounced Ya H o V a H. There is no letter J so His correct name cannot be spelled Jehovah. Sweetheart there is much I could teach you if God had given you eyes to see and ears to hear.
And the so called Biblical History "scholars" you place so much store by,I could teach them a thing or two about a thing or two when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.
I was joking with you about spelling the supposed god's name.

As you are fully aware, I don't believe in the existence of a deity, and even when I did, I didn't believe that an all-knowing deity would be concerned about who used which title to address its majesty.

Humans in mindsets of religious hyperbole get all "carried away" by imagination and in turn make big issues out of who has the most interesting fantasies.

Non-human animals don't suffer such blights.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now see if these so called scholars knew anything about the course of Abia and when it was supposed to be performed and when Elizabeths ( Mary's cousin,mother of John) husband left home to keep the course of Abia,one with eyes to see would be able to follow Gods word and discover in detail when Elizabeth conceived John and when Mary was found with child when she went and met Elizabeth and the babe John.lept in her womb, etc, etc, etc. One can figure out exactly when Christ was conceived from certain events given in the scriptures.
I believe all religion was and is based on myth, compiled by men who were about as intelligent as goats, and who in turn wanted to impress each other with the nonsense about knowing the mentalities of the gods.

I don't believe that Jesus ever existed at all. That story was re-warmed in many religions, Christianity being the last on the list.

A proud Jewish Rabbi would rather die than willing convert to a foreign religion. If you don't see that, you don't want to see. Within any common sense theology whatsoever, a Jewish Rabbi would say "I came to make BETTER Jews out of you, so that you will be welcomed by my father Elohim after you pass from the physical realm into spirit where 'if you follow my teachings' you will suffer no more.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't lost you, fool.
Were he real, he'd be well please with you.
Good observation. The dark side owns this board.

I am here to save these wretched souls.

My God is the only One who is backed by irrefutable proof.

Ramen.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not an atheist. She blames God for a horrific tragedy she caused......
I believe there is no creator TO blame.

All animals suffer.

You disregard that other forms of life suffer extreme pain day and night ... because you don't WANT to think about a creator making such a wretched PLAN.

I suggest suffering exists because of natural causes, and it won't go away for humans simply because of the hyperbole known as religion.

If we want suffering to cease in humans, we must stop reproducing humans. The only other alternative to cease the suffering of humans is that we become extinct.

There is no religious philosophy in that assessment. And I suggest that is why you don't appreciate that philosophy as being worthy of consideration. You count on your religious philosophy for your emotional thrills.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was joking with you about spelling the supposed god's name.
As you are fully aware, I don't believe in the existence of a deity, and even when I did, I didn't believe that an all-knowing deity would be concerned about who used which title to address its majesty.
Humans in mindsets of religious hyperbole get all "carried away" by imagination and in turn make big issues out of who has the most interesting fantasies.
Non-human animals don't suffer such blights.
I understand your skepticism. They argue about a violent, angry, immoral god. Their god condones slavery, murder, and torture.

What kind of god is so immoral?

A delusional, man-made god - that's what kind. hey worship immorality.

Mine is the only true and moral God.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 484,001 - 484,020 of512,247
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

496 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Real Advocate Fake Devil 217,106
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min ocxz 109,726
Gay Snapchat Names 8 min abe2013 1,354
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 20 min Civan 366
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Double Fine 680,570
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 26 min Emilyhills 134
Ray Nunez PMG Studios Designer for Jordin Spark... 27 min PMG STUDIO RIP OFF 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 58 min Aura Mytha 596,593
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr zack 264
•••
•••
•••