Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695512 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#501836 Dec 22, 2013
marge wrote:
"Who am I to judge" Pope
Expel the Immoral Brother
…11But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one. 12For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES. 1 Cor 5
Shut it Marge. You remind me of that fanatic lady in "The Mist",(a Stephen King film)

You have no clue what the scriptures are saying nor what Pope Francis was saying. I would explain what the Pope meant, but you'd ignore it because that's how fanatics function. They ignore truths. I'm thankful I'm young enough that I'll see this plague of fundamentalism come to an end. Catholics started the New Evangelization a few yrs ago. Its going to take at least a generation to turn the tide. Its your worst nightmare to have Catholics stand on street corners and go door to door. You guys have no answer to Catholicism. They'll make you ashamed to be using their Holy Book against them.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501837 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Scriptures are simply words USED by VAIN people.
If you believed that a creator loved everybody without scriptural strings attached, you would not WANT to USE those scriptures.
It's your GREEDY NEED to believe you are special that holds you in religious bondage.
June

Scriptures can be USED by vain, greedy, and malicious people.

The point is don't use them that way!

And don't say things against the scriptures, nor anyone else. Instead be humble, contrite, and meek. If you aren't learning that from scripture, then your on the wrong road.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#501838 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck yeah I'll buy some ocean front property in Arizona. How much?
Is drug addiction or alcohol addiction a sin? many people are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own. Its entirely reasonable to think SOME people are born attracted to the same sex. I don't believe all homosexuals were born that way. Some had daddy issues and something triggered this lifestyle.
`````

sa 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

Isa 57:2 He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

Isa 57:3 But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress,

the seed of the adulterer and the whore.

Isa 57:4 Against whom do ye sport yourselves? against whom make ye a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue? are ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood,

Isa 57:5 Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?

Isa 57:6 Among the smooth stones of the stream is thy portion; they, they are thy lot: even to them hast thou poured a drink offering, thou hast offered a meat offering. Should I receive comfort in these?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Canada

#501839 Dec 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow it must be terrible to be inside your head. what a horrible way to be thinking.
Having been caught under the spell of religion, I fully understand that it brings a sense of security in the idea that a creator exists as a pal when in need of comfort.

But I never understood the mindset of people in religion who could believe that a creator would love them and reject others.

That was a thought I was "thankfully" never willing to entertain.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501840 Dec 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Scriptures can be USED by vain, greedy, and malicious people.
The point is don't use them that way!
And don't say things against the scriptures, nor anyone else. Instead be humble, contrite, and meek. If you aren't learning that from scripture, then your on the wrong road.
Are you claiming that you Catholics were and are humble, contrite and meek???

:)

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
Liam

Detroit, MI

#501841 Dec 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you find Lent in the Bible?
Give BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE.....
YOU give me book, chapter and verse where Christ gives us the list of Books.

Kind of odd that the Lord willed for us to have the Bible as the foundation of His Ministry, but only a few of His Apostles wrote, and nothing was compiled into a Bible until almost 400 yrs after He rose.
Then it was another 1,000 yrs before the Catholic Church broke the Bible into chapter/verses. Now people like you demand book, chapter and verse for the Church to explain themselves??
You'd have no clue about the Bible in the first place, and no clue on where to place Chapters and verses.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501842 Dec 22, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus taught in the synagogues. Synagogues had various purposes, mostly they were dedications, studying, and communing areas.
As much as your arrogant will demands it to be true ... no Jewish Rabbi that went by the prestigious title of Rabboni would ever teach Catholicism as being based on truth. EVER!!!

Stomp your Catholicized feet in a tantrum if it so pleases you ... but you can't turn (within the theology) a king of the Jews into a Catholic pope, cardinal or a priest or even a supporter of Catholic nuns.

It just would NOT occur!!!
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501843 Dec 22, 2013
<quoted text>
People such as you, did and DO, find whatever pleases emotions in the supposed HOLY gospel ...while in turn you take your bony fingers to point at others as EVIL.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Mardi Gras is French for "Fat Tuesday"—that is, the final day before the penitential season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday. While Mardi Gras has no official status in the Catholic Church, it is a custom in many Catholic countries to mark the day with parties and feasting, in particular eating those foods from which one will fast during Lent.

http://catholicism.about.com/od/Catholic-Dict...
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501844 Dec 22, 2013
It's not by chance that preachers of religion find plenty of evil in their supposed HOLY BOOKS ... and that the supposed evil is always thrown at others.

Preachers of religion are greedy CLOWNS ... self- fashioned in the guises of gods!
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501845 Dec 22, 2013
Ex-Jew Catholics changed doctrines at every turn in order to distance their new religion from Judaism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Do Jews celebrate lent?

I may not be Jewish, but suffice it to say, the answer is no. Lent is a Christian based event

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_Jews_celebrate_L...
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501846 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have no clue about the Bible in the first place, and no clue on where to place Chapters and verses.
Recognizing anti-Semitism in verse and chapter would be a start on your journey to free you from the lies implanted in your brain-cells by the Catholic theologians.

But first you have to desire to SEE the lies.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501847 Dec 22, 2013
The New Testament and Christian antisemitism

1.The Jews are culpable for crucifying Jesus - as such they are guilty of deicide
2.The tribulations of the Jewish people throughout history constitute God's punishment of them for killing Jesus
3.Jesus originally came to preach only to the Jews, but when they rejected him, he abandoned them for gentiles instead
4.The Children of Israel were God's original chosen people by virtue of an ancient covenant, but by rejecting Jesus they forfeited their chosenness - and now, by virtue of a New Covenant (or "testament"), Christians have replaced the Jews as God's chosen people, the Church having become the "People of God."
5.The Jewish Bible (the so-called "Old Testament") repeatedly portrays the opaqueness and stubbornness of the Jewish people and their disloyalty to God.
6.The Jewish Bible contains many predictions of the coming of Jesus as the Messiah (or "Christ"), yet the Jews are blind to the meaning of their own Bible.
7.By the time of Jesus' ministry, Judaism had ceased to be a living faith.
8.Judaism's essence is a restrictive and burdensome legalism.
9.Christianity emphasizes excessive love, while Judaism maintains a balance of justice, God of wrath and love of peace.[5]
10.Judaism's oppressiveness reflects the disposition of Jesus' opponents called "Pharisees" (predecessors of the "rabbis"), who in their teachings and behavior were hypocrites (see Woes of the Pharisees).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_and...
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501848 Dec 22, 2013
People in every new religion felt a need to vilify the believers that had faith in the old religion, the purpose being to lure new devotees into the new religion and away from the old one.

It was common practice, and still continues to this day.

Religion is all about preachers blabbing nonsense here and there all over the earth ... "FOLLOW ME ... I KNOW THE ONE AND ONLY TRUTH that guarantees eternal bliss in THE afterlife."

BUNK!!!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#501849 Dec 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Mathew 9: 14-15 "then came to Him the disciples of John, saying "why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but thy disciples fast not?" And Jesus said to them, "can the children of the bridechamber as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them, and then they shall fast"

Lent is a period of fasting and prayer for Catholics that lasts 40 days. The reason that Lent lasts 40 days is that 40 is the traditional number of judgement and spiritual testing in the Bible (Gal 7:4, Ex 24:18, 34:28, Nm13:25,14:33, Jn 3:4)
Lent bears particular relationships to the 40 days Christ spent fasting in the desert before entering into His public ministry (Mt 4:1-11) Catholics imitate Christ by spending 40 days in spiritual discipline before celebrating Christ's triumph over sin and death.

Fasting is a biblical discipline that can be defended from both the OT and NT. Christ expected His disciples to fast (mt 9: 14-15) and issued instuctions for how how they should do so (Mt 6: 16-18)

Abstinence from certain foods is also a biblical discipline. In Daniel 10: 2-3 we read "in those days I, Daniel, was mourning for three weeks. I ate no delicacies, no meat or wine entered my mouth, nor did i anoint myself at all, for three full weeks"
Catholics use a practice similar to Daniel's when, as a way of commemorating Christ's crucifixion on a Friday, they abstain from eating meat on that day of the week during Lent. The only kind of flesh they eat on Friday is fish, which is a symbol of Christ.

Putting ashes on ones forehead (ash Wednesday kicks off 40 days of fasting until Easter) has a Biblical parallel.
( 1sam 13:19, esth 4:1, Isa 61:3, Mt 11:21, Lk 10:13

www.catholic.com/quickquestions/why-do-cathol...
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501851 Dec 22, 2013
The Jews using their one-god dogma, vilified the Jews that earlier believed in multiple gods ... and so it went all the way back through time, as the new theologians vilified the old ones as preaching lies, and prided their selves in preaching nothing but the TRUTH.

You will see the lies, but only when you want to recognize them AS lies.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501852 Dec 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Mathew 9: 14-15 "then came to Him the disciples of John, saying "why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but thy disciples fast not?" And Jesus said to them, "can the children of the bridechamber as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them, and then they shall fast"
Lent is a period of fasting and prayer for Catholics that lasts 40 days. The reason that Lent lasts 40 days is that 40 is the traditional number of judgement and spiritual testing in the Bible (Gal 7:4, Ex 24:18, 34:28, Nm13:25,14:33, Jn 3:4)
Lent bears particular relationships to the 40 days Christ spent fasting in the desert before entering into His public ministry (Mt 4:1-11) Catholics imitate Christ by spending 40 days in spiritual discipline before celebrating Christ's triumph over sin and death.
Fasting is a biblical discipline that can be defended from both the OT and NT. Christ expected His disciples to fast (mt 9: 14-15) and issued instuctions for how how they should do so (Mt 6: 16-18)
Abstinence from certain foods is also a biblical discipline. In Daniel 10: 2-3 we read "in those days I, Daniel, was mourning for three weeks. I ate no delicacies, no meat or wine entered my mouth, nor did i anoint myself at all, for three full weeks"
Catholics use a practice similar to Daniel's when, as a way of commemorating Christ's crucifixion on a Friday, they abstain from eating meat on that day of the week during Lent. The only kind of flesh they eat on Friday is fish, which is a symbol of Christ.
Putting ashes on ones forehead (ash Wednesday kicks off 40 days of fasting until Easter) has a Biblical parallel.
( 1sam 13:19, esth 4:1, Isa 61:3, Mt 11:21, Lk 10:13
www.catholic.com/quickquestions/why-do-cathol...
This one is adamant in preaching Catholicism as TRUTH. And he won't change unless he first and foremost chooses to change his self-righteous attitude.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#501856 Dec 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:

Perhaps your scientists will determine every murderer should not be in prison because they were born with the MURDER gene. Maybe every rapist and thief should be released from prison because they were born with the rapist and thief gene and what they did is not really their fault. Should society release Charles Manson and every serial killer and rapist that are in prison because what they did is not their fault. God made them a killer and a rapist. Right?
You are as dumb as a post. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Cly, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale. Cheap. Are you interested?
FREE WILL------ever heard of FREE WILL?
Logic and reason? Your logic has no reason other than to justify your sin and promote the perversion your self professed church endorses. Put that is your logical pipe and smoke it OldCly.
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck yeah I'll buy some ocean front property in Arizona. How much?
Is drug addiction or alcohol addiction a sin? many people are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own. Its entirely reasonable to think SOME people are born attracted to the same sex. I don't believe all homosexuals were born that way. Some had daddy issues and something triggered this lifestyle.
OldCly said, quote, "Is drug addiction or alcohol addiction a sin? " End quote.

Answer: YES

OldCly said, quote, "many people are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own." End quote.

Yes, many people, BABIES, are born addicted to drugs through no fault of their own. Not adults idiot.

OldCly said, quote, " Its entirely reasonable to think SOME people are born attracted to the same sex. I don't believe all homosexuals were born that way." End quote.

Nobody, not ever, was born a homosexual. Just as nobody, not ever, was born a liar, murderer and a thief. Lying, murdering and stealing is a CHOICE. Again, have you ever heard of FREE WILL.

OldCly said, quote, "Some had daddy issues and something triggered this lifestyle." End quote.

Daddy issues? Something triggered this lifestyle? Ever heard of SIN. And to sin is a CHOICE. Every society that ever existed knew the difference between right and wrong. EVERY. Do you know the difference OldCly?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#501857 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignatius was a Catholic theologian who was paid to write lies.
All theologians were paid to write lies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Ignatius Bishop of Antioch (98-117A.D.)– Epistle to the Magnesians
For if we are still practicing Judaism, we admit that we have not received God’s favor…it is wrong to talk about Jesus Christ and live like Jews.
I'm sure this comment had something to do with the Secret Gospel of Mark in your mind.
June VanDerMark

Canada

#501858 Dec 22, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure this comment had something to do with the Secret Gospel of Mark in your mind.
In your mind is where it originated for YOU. I don't believe any theology whatsoever was based on truth.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#501859 Dec 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In your mind is where it originated for YOU. I don't believe any theology whatsoever was based on truth.
Doesn't matter.

What matters is from whence the modern Christian theology arises.

It likely arises through Secret Mark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min EditorAtLarge 59,652
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr MOGADORE 994,029
Why did O.J. criminal trial jurors IGNORE cuts ... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Crazy Horse 619,877
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Crazy Horse 446,253
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 9 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,497
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 10 hr razz58 7
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web