Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599636 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#501428 Dec 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"He that believeth "AND IS" baptized shall be saved, He that believeth not shall be damned." AND IS " means one with the other must be done in accordance, which means both are equally important and both must be done in order for this to be valid."
Right. The Catholic Church teaches, just as Jesus said, that you must have both faith and be baptized in order to be saved.
"The Catholic church from it's very beginning has never done what God commands, and this is the reason for them to be avoided at all cost, because being around them can cost you your soul."
What are you talking about? The Catholic Church teaches the necessity of baptism.
"For instance, the Catholic church tells it's members not to worry what the bible says as it's to hard for the average person to comprehend it ,so they tell them that's what the priests are for, to read it to you so you wont be bothered by trying to figure out what it says, which is an out right lie."
The out right lie is you saying this is what the Catholic Church tells it's members. Produce the evidence or consider it false witness.
Then your Bible is good only to replace the Sears catalog in the "you know what"..

The first two companion verses to your quote say no such thing.

Quote:
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Plus there are many more that contradict your erroneous statement that baptizm is a requirement for salvation...
Example: Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It is only a public testimony of one's salvation....

I have not spell check with this browser....may have misspelled words...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#501429 Dec 20, 2013
It must be rightfully understood that salvation -eternal life in Christ Jesus - is a free gift of God. However, the wages of sin is still damnation - spiritual death - since sin is opposed to God, the Source of life. Even though heaven is a gift, we can still earn hell.

Expressed in slightly different terms, salvation is a free gift that can be rejected or lost through our sins. Since salvation is a free gift, we cannot earn it through obedience, prayer, good works, love or even faith. However, like any gift, we have the free will to reject it. We can reject this gift through serious sin - willful disobedience to God.(2 Thess 1:8-9; 1 Cor 6:9-10; Gal 5:19-21; 2 Cor 5:10) As it is written in the New Testament:

For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain terrifying expectation of judgement,...[Hebrews 10:26-27; NASB]

These are sobering words! As a closing thought, my civil liberty is a gift earned by my forefathers. However, by committing a serious crime, I may lose it and earn jail.

As faithful baptized Christians, we can confidently hope in the redemption wrought by Jesus Christ, as long as we do not reject it through mortal (deadly) sin (1 John 5:16-17; Mark 16:16; 1 Peter 3:21; 2 Peter 2:20-22). As a result of Christ's redemptive act, God gives each of us enough grace to have faith, to do good works and to resist sinful disobedience; however, we can still willfully reject this grace (1 Cor 10:12-13; 2 Cor 12:9; Eph 2:8-10). Fortunately for Catholic Christians, we have the gift of the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) in which we can repent, confess and ask God for forgiveness and more grace, if we have fallen into sin (John 20:23; 2 Cor 5:18-21; Num 5:7; Lev 5:5; Acts 19:18; James 5:16). Jesus calls us to forgive one another without limit (Matt 18:21-22), but also promises to forgive us as we forgive others (Matt 6:12; Luke 11:4). Our Lord is a just but merciful God (Isa 45:21; Jer 3:12). As Christians, we must quit rejecting God through our sins and let Him save us by His grace until we finally reach heaven.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/a...

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501430 Dec 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
OSAS:
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
So let me get this straight ... you want me to believe that a Jewish Rabbi believes what was compiled by Catholics in a Catholic authorized bible???

I suggest that if Jesus had lived, that would have been news to him.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#501431 Dec 20, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>She admitted she is an atheist, she is only here to cause trouble with all her hate, she is not here to debate, I agree, pray for her, and let God heal her, you won't.
I have not the power to heal her....do you?????

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#501432 Dec 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If others disagree with your self-created doctrines, does mean that they must be wrong ... so that you can in turn believe you are right?
That is how the mentalities of those in religion work.
"My religion is right and holy and based on truth straight from GOD ... and yours is nothing but lies put in your head by the devil."
Ridiculous arrogant nonsense!
of course i believe that my doctrine is correct, June, otherwise i wouldn't believe it - DUH!

i have a right to put my beliefs out there just like you're asserting your right to bully them.

you gotta fascist problem with that?!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501433 Dec 20, 2013
Jesus would have been the only Jewish Rabbi in history to become a Catholic.

Within the theology, that would have meant, he worked his way all the way from an insignificant rab up the Jewish ladder to the prestigious TOP position of RABBONI in Judaism, to suddenly give up Judaism and willingly become a Catholic???

REALLY??? Are you SO stupefied by your religion as to believe THAT???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Rabbi

The titles were used with different degrees of honor; the lowest being rab, master; then rabbi, my master; next rabban, our master; and greatest of all, rabboni, my great master.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#501434 Dec 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not the power to heal her....do you?????
No you don't, fool.

You can't even heal yourself.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501435 Dec 20, 2013
I suggest that there is not even one Christian on earth, whether Catholic OR Protestant, that would believe the Pope would willingly start a religion that would offend Catholicism.

You all KNOW that is true.

Yet, you continue to belittle the Jews, by indicating that a Rabbi with a title of Rabboni chose to leave Judaism and in turn vilify Judaism.

By keeping on preaching such nonsense, you are not honest with your selves, and because you refuse to be honest with your selves ... you will not be able to be honest with others.

Honesty starts with YOU.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501436 Dec 20, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
of course i believe that my doctrine is correct, June, otherwise i wouldn't believe it - DUH!
That is my exact point!

You put your own ego up on a pedestal and worship it as knowing the only truth in the universe. And you don't perceive that you are at all arrogant.

All preachers are the same and that is why the theologians used religion as battle-grounds. They all wanted to be RIGHT and to preach at others that others were wrong.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501437 Dec 20, 2013
Once you become a preacher, you claim to know truth, and THAT is a BAD sign!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#501438 Dec 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Jesus would have been the only Jewish Rabbi in history to become a Catholic.
Not that it matters much, but you appear to be wrong:

"Israel Zolli (September 27, 1881, Brody, Galicia – March 2, 1956, Rome, Italy) was from 1939 to 1945 Chief Rabbi of Rome. After the war, he converted to Roman Catholicism, taking the name Eugenio in honor of Pope Pius XII."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Zolli
Chess

Columbus, OH

#501439 Dec 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Once you become a preacher, you claim to know truth, and THAT is a BAD sign!
Truly?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501440 Dec 20, 2013
Christians that used their bibles to vilify homosexuals have much for which to answer. However, if there is no creator, they won't have to answer in a hereafter.

But I suggest that in the near future, those who use their bibles to vilify homosexuals will NOT find it as easy as it used to be, as they are now starting to be perceived as the bullies that they are ... and not at all holy in any sense whatsoever.

Homosexuals that were tormented by Christians, were driven to insanity in the beliefs that they were evil offenders of a god ... many of them committing suicide because they were deprived of any semblance of LOVE.

Shame on YOU ... you VILE preaching idiots!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501441 Dec 20, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that it matters much, but you appear to be wrong:
"Israel Zolli (September 27, 1881, Brody, Galicia – March 2, 1956, Rome, Italy) was from 1939 to 1945 Chief Rabbi of Rome. After the war, he converted to Roman Catholicism, taking the name Eugenio in honor of Pope Pius XII."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Zolli
Then I was wrong. However, he was not a faithful Jew to Judaism. He sold out to what he believed was the highest bidder.

A man of solid character would not abandon faithful Jews to become a Catholic any more than your pope would become a Jewish Rabbi.

You KNOW that is true.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501442 Dec 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that there is not even one Christian on earth, whether Catholic OR Protestant, that would believe the Pope would willingly start a religion that would offend Catholicism.
You all KNOW that is true.
Yet, you continue to belittle the Jews, by indicating that a Rabbi with a title of Rabboni chose to leave Judaism and in turn vilify Judaism.
By keeping on preaching such nonsense, you are not honest with your selves, and because you refuse to be honest with your selves ... you will not be able to be honest with others.
Honesty starts with YOU.
June

Jesus did not vilify Judaism. That is just something you imagine, or desire to be true. Anyway, it goes to bias. Try reading the N.T. Jesus never said anything against Judaism, or the Law and the Prophets. It is apparent that the Jewish religious leaders plotted and sought Jesus' death.

Try reading about what you are condemning before you make a bigger mess....

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501443 Dec 20, 2013
Because of Christian bullying, many, many homosexuals committed suicide.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The father of the modern computer is being honoured, 50 years after he died in tragic circumstances.
Alan Turing was one of the pioneers of computer science, and his work helped make the modern PC a reality.
He was also one of the secret code breakers working at Bletchley Park during the Second World War.
He killed himself on 7 June 1954, by eating an apple he laced with cyanide. On Monday, a blue plaque will be erected outside his home in Cheshire.
Enigma buster
It was his idea of creating a machine to turn thought processes into binary numbers which was one of the key turning points in the history of the computer.
His revolutionary idea was for a machine that would read a series of ones and zeros from a tape. These described the steps needed to solve a problem or task.
Turing's experiments are credited with helping Britain win World War II by deciphering encrypted German communications, helping the Allies remain one step ahead.
Oestrogen injections
But his brilliance would not protect him from the social values of 1950s Britain, and he was taken to court because he was gay.
At the time, homosexuality was outlawed in the UK, and when Turing's relationship with a young Manchester man was discovered in 1952, he was threatened with jail.
Instead, he agreed to be injected with oestrogen for a year, in an attempt to curb his libido.
He was also denied work with GCHQ, the successor to Bletchley Park, because of his sexual orientation.
Two years after his conviction he ended his life by eating the poisoned apple.
He was discovered by his cleaner one day later.
His mother believed he had accidentally taken the cyanide after an experiment, but it is generally accepted he deliberately concocted the experiment so she could believe that.
Turing honoured
Turing may not be a household name, but his achievements have been recognised.
OldJG

Barrington, IL

#501444 Dec 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Salvation: Is Obedience to God Necessary?
So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead....You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. James 2:17,24
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> He that believeth "AND IS" baptized shall be saved, He that believeth not shall be damned." AND IS " means one with the other must be done in accordance, which means both are equally important and both must be done in order for this to be valid. The Catholic church from it's very beginning has never done what God commands, and this is the reason for them to be avoided at all cost, because being around them can cost you your soul. The Catholic church has deceived more people to lose there soul by how they deceive the people on understanding the bible, for instance, the Catholic church tells it's members not to worry what the bible says as it's to hard for the average person to comprehend it ,so they tell them that's what the priests are for, to read it to you so you wont be bothered by trying to figure out what it says, which is an out right lie. It is your duty to read it yourself and to never take what's being said to you without verifying what was said to be true. These are just a couple of ways the Catholic church deceives there members, so I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study your bible and then get baptized and know without a doubt that you are saved
Mark 16:16 "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Whoever BELIEVES and is baptized will be saved, but whoever DOES NOT BELIEVE will be condemned.(Capitalized by me)

Notice what the verse DOES NOT say.........NOT SAY

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever DOES NOT BELIEVE and is NOT BAPTIZED is condemned.

Condemnation is not for lack of getting wet via water baptism. The condemnation is for LACK OF BELIEF!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501445 Dec 20, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus did not vilify Judaism.
You idiot. The Catholics made up the myth of Jesus' existence, to in turn claim that he was the only Jew to turn away from Judaism as being vile and turning TO Catholicism.

You don't pay any attention to the words of John Chrysostom, who insisted that the Jews had not only offended Jesus, but had crucified him, and that is why Jesus (in spirit form) was the enemy OF the Jews.

Then those Catholic theologians took the image of Jesus and spread it into every Catholic confessional on earth ... with their ridiculous lies that YOU support.

READ for a change and get something new into that dense fog of yours.

Words of John Chrysostom ... Catholic anti-Semite.

This is why Christ said: "But as for these my enemies, who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and slay them".
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#501446 Dec 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
Salvation: Is Obedience to God Necessary?
So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead....You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. James 2:17,24
<quoted text>
Mark 16:16 "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."
Whoever BELIEVES and is baptized will be saved, but whoever DOES NOT BELIEVE will be condemned.(Capitalized by me)
Notice what the verse DOES NOT say.........NOT SAY
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever DOES NOT BELIEVE and is NOT BAPTIZED is condemned.
Condemnation is not for lack of getting wet via water baptism. The condemnation is for LACK OF BELIEF!
Salvation is both.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#501447 Dec 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I was wrong....
Well, there you go, goofy.

I bet it was the 72 virgins the Catholics promised him that made him sell out.

Wait. That's the Buddhists.

No. Don't tell me. I'll remember.

Hell, it was probably those great ham-on-rye sammiches they have in the the Vatican cafeteria that made him sell out, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 min andet1987 6,299
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 min GREAT DAY OF ARMA... 612,905
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,990
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 min gina 369
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Tide with Beach 864,608
Poll Gloop Gloop? Gloop! 1 min -TheExam- 15
*SEPT - OCT 2015 : --RAPTURE, TRIB 'start' ---- 1 min YTube 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min Burke Devlin 6,462
More from around the web