Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,046
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#501386 Dec 20, 2013
I EMPHATICALLY RENOUNCE ROME/BABYLON - but please have yourselves a great but empty pagan holiday season:-)

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501387 Dec 20, 2013
The theology states that the one and only Abrahamic deity Jehovah, or Adonai (depending on which scripture one reads) created both good and evil ... yet the cover of the bible only USES the word HOLY.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible

I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I, ADONAI, do all these things.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501388 Dec 20, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you aren't using it, I recommend Firefox:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
with appropriate security add-ons, Ghostery, Adblock, Adblock Plus, Flashblock, Better Privacy, and WOT:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/exte...
With Firefox and those add-ons, you will not have that issue, and your surfing will be considerably safer in general.
It doesn't do it on my home computer, it does it on my smart phone. Thanks for the info though.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501389 Dec 20, 2013
It's very plain when studying the varying religions, that men with totally different opinions were writing the doctrines.

They never agreed on anything, as they used their religions to spread blood across the lands in their quests to rule their kingdoms on earth.

If you don't wake up, others can't do it for you.

It's not me against you. It's you against those in other religions.

I'm simply trying to point out the scheme OF the theologians that also kept my mind in bondage until I was 70 years of age.

You can learn from me how to stop the divisions caused by the right-fighting theologians.

If I can escape their mental clutches ... so can YOU.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501390 Dec 20, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm.....Jesus IS the Sabbath Rest and Refreshing that everyone is looking for, but please have a great but empty roman/pagan holiday season anyway:-)
If others disagree with your self-created doctrines, does mean that they must be wrong ... so that you can in turn believe you are right?

That is how the mentalities of those in religion work.

"My religion is right and holy and based on truth straight from GOD ... and yours is nothing but lies put in your head by the devil."

Ridiculous arrogant nonsense!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#501392 Dec 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't do it on my home computer, it does it on my smart phone. Thanks for the info though.
I didn't catch the phone bit. Not sure there is a solution for that.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#501393 Dec 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignored my question in order to change the subject.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that your church fathers LOVED the Jews and Judaism as being based on truth???
Is that WHY they claimed that Jesus chose to leave Judaism for Catholicism???
Jesus didn't leave Judaism, He fulfilled it. He didn't start a new religion but a continuation of it. The goal was for the Jews to understand that. And tens of thousands did.
Keep it real June. If a Jew was on this forum preaching Judaism and warning you of Gods judgement, you'd blast them with a volley of posts sayin how silly their religion is.
That's why I find it ironic you act as their advocate.

And no I don't think the Church fathers hated Jews. They saw themselves as the continuity of them. They prayed for them and hoped they'd see the messiah Jesus in the scriptures.
And the fact is, the Jews treated Christians terribly. I mentioned last week about a massacre of 30,000 Catholics around the time of Saint Augustine. I don't think you should expect a letter from Augustine praising the Jews..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#501394 Dec 20, 2013
CONTINUED

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Joh_6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Joh_7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Joh_11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

1Pe_2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

JOHN WROTE

1Jn_5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1Jn_5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

TO BE BORN AGAIN

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501395 Dec 20, 2013
All of KNOW that a Jewish Rabbi would NOT leave his religion to start a religion foreign to Judaism.

You KNOW that, and until you admit it to your selves, you will be at war within your selves, as your conscience will not let you rest on such a lie.

When you didn't know better, you couldn't DO better. But now you have NO excuse.

Picture the pope leaving Catholicism to start a religion foreign TO Catholicism and that will make it plain to you, that had Jesus lived, he would NOT have started a religion foreign to Judaism. Not in this lifetime, or any other lifetime.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501396 Dec 20, 2013
I Loved the Rabbi Enough to Kill for Him

Len Jenoff now says he was always a hired hit man for Rabbi Fred Neulander

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Len...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501397 Dec 20, 2013
Christians put homosexuals to death for centuries, in the belief that "Jesus" was offended by homosexuality.

The bible is not responsible for the slaughter. The humans who took words in the literal sense FROM the bible were and ARE responsible.

They made that choice.

I never trusted the bible to give me truth. I believe I made the right choice.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501398 Dec 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
CONTINUED
CONTINUED ..........

You are one of those VILE preachers, who insinuates that "Jesus" is offended by homosexuality.

More than once I watched you preach words against those innocent humans, just to in turn make your SELF feel powerful.

YOU BULLY!!!

You should feel shame ... but instead you keep PREACHING!!! It seems that you don't CARE.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501399 Dec 20, 2013
Martin Luther also USED the bible to vilify homosexuals.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

And then in the same section of the Genesis lecturers, Luther refers to:

the heinous conduct of the people of Sodom ” as “extraordinary, inasmuch as they departed from the natural passion and longing of the male for the female, which is implanted into nature by God, and desired what is altogether contrary to nature. Whence comes this perversity? Undoubtedly from Satan, who after people have once turned away from the fear of God, so powerfully suppresses nature that he blots out the natural desire and stirs up a desire that is contrary to nature.(Luther’s Works, Vol. 3, 255)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501400 Dec 20, 2013
Assyrian clay tablet points to 'Sodom and Gomorrah' asteroid

A Cuneiform clay tablet which for over 150 years defied attempts at interpretation has now been revealed to describe an asteroid impact which in 3123 BC hit Köfels, Austria, leaving in its wake a trail of destruction which may acccount for the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/kofel ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501401 Dec 20, 2013
Scientists now comprehend that there are many animals that are homosexual by NATURE.

Theologians vilified ALL sex as being evil, unless it was for procreation ... as they needed more men for their armies and more women to supply the babies that would one day grow into soldiers.

The aim of all religion was to RULE ... PERIOD!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501402 Dec 20, 2013
Bullies, such as Fred Phelps idolize their supposed holy books ... as the USEFUL words give them permission to BE bullies.

If they harassed homosexuals without using words from those books ... it would be plain as day that it was just because they were in need of one of their "cruel"-fixes.

The urge to be cruel is a drug as potent and as addictive as any other addictive drug.

Cruelty is the bitter history of religion from the get-go, and it continues on its blood-lusting journey because humans are too greedy of salvation and other self-ingratiating notions (emotions) to set their nonsensical religious dogmas free.

As sure as he lives and breathes, Fred Phelps is a brute that is addicted to cruelty. And his bible is his insurance that his cruelty is "centered" on the "righteous" path.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501403 Dec 20, 2013
Many times I watched preachers on these threads state the words "Jesus rebukes you!"

Stupid people!!!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#501404 Dec 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not an atheist. She blames God for a horrific tragedy she caused......
Cut her some slack....pray to God, in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, that through His mercy, love and compassion, He will open her eyes and ears, and she will receive the gift of Salvation....
She admitted she is an atheist, she is only here to cause trouble with all her hate, she is not here to debate, I agree, pray for her, and let God heal her, you won't.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#501405 Dec 20, 2013
If by chance that Jew (Jesus) does live in spirit form, I suggest he is rebuking Christians for telling such lies about his character.

Tongue in cheek

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#501406 Dec 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you KNOW how many times our present Calendar was "Tweaked"?
NONE of the dates 29 Sept. or 25 Dec. match with what were the days and months when Jesus was born!!
All these days are fictitious and just fixed by humans as "most convenient"
who cares if it's not the exact date? What did mo say with his child wife?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 774,042
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Seraphima 604,834
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr Neelakaran 1,243
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr bmz 37,798
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,020
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 175,556
Moses never existed 2 hr Hidingfromyou 729
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr HipGnosis 441,755
More from around the web