Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685768 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#501660 Dec 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> no surprise...lol
How long do you believe you can con an imaginary god into vilifying homosexuals because you want YOUR will to be the law???
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501661 Dec 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
That's a misperception by you(or slander). I do not belittle Protestants or their doctrines.
If you hadn't belittled Protestant doctrines, to believe that Catholicism was aligned to the real truth ... you would still BE a Protestant ... you conniving double-talker!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501662 Dec 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
You are giving up uniqueness for common goals in religions.
Nonsensical blather.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501663 Dec 21, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't throw away reasoning
So according to you, Catholicism is based on reasoning and Protestantism is NOT based on reasoning???

You are a fraud by ANY standards.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#501664 Dec 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point. It is on the top of your head.
Husker Du said, quote, "LOL, it's not a sin to be homosexual, but the act of homosexuality sure is. There are many gays and lesbians out there who live chaste lives and surely are closer to Christ than you are. Hello, Christ loves everyone, including you." End quote.
Let me see. Apparently ignorance is bliss for you.
This is your statement, quote, "it's not a sin to be homosexual, but the act of homosexuality sure is." End quote.
According to Roman Catholic theology the same can be said for the following, correct?
1. "It is not a sin to be a thief, but the act of thievery sure is."
2. "It is not a sin to be a murderer, but the act of murder sure is."
3. "It is not a sin to be a liar, but the act of lying sure is."
Leviticus 18:22, "“Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." (NLT)
Leviticus 20:13, "“If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT)
I Corinthians 6:9-10, 9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."
Apparently it is a sin to be homosexual. Notice this verse tells us, "homosexuals" not the act of homosexuality.
I Timothy 1:8-11, 8 "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c040.ht ...
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Sounds like the bible condemns homosexual behaviour." End quote.
The Bible, the inspired word of God condemns homosexuals. Not just a book. The inspired word of God.
To be a homosexual requires homosexual behavior. To be a thief requires thievery behavior. To be a murderer requires the act of murder.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "Again, you're just a much a sinner in God's eye as any sodomizer, murderer or thief." End quote.
Yes, but is there a difference? Let's see......read slowly so it sinks in.
I Corinthians 6:11, "And such WERE some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."
And such "were". What do you think this word means AnthonyMN?
Of course you're wrong OldJawBone. It's undeniable you have lustful thoughts. That's makes you an adulterer (or fornicator as I find it unimaginable you could find a woman to marry you). Either you think you're no longer a sinner 'cause you got saved, or you think your sins don't matter after gettin' saved. When one considers the kind of language and suggestive comments you make on the board here, I believe a celibate homosexual who refrains from impure thoughts is a lot closer to the Kingdom than you are.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501665 Dec 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you June Bug for this opportunity of sharing our Lord. Actually June Bug you are partly right. Here is what must happen......
Romans 14:11, "For the Scriptures say,“‘As surely as I live,’ says the LORD,‘every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God."
Philippians 2:9-11, 9 "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
One day June Bug your knees will bow and your tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. This is His promise to you.
June Bug, don't let this be you.....
I ran to the rocks to hide my face
The rocks said there's no hiding place
When Jesus returns there will be no hiding place.
As did those in all religions, Muslims also use male-created scriptures to thrown out at others as mental feed, to in turn PROVE that what they preach is RIGHT.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501666 Dec 21, 2013
marge wrote:
Be not deceived.
All theology (which is simple-minded philosophy) taught in all religion ... deceives.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#501667 Dec 21, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, what about a straight person who has sexual thoughts but does their best to banish them and does not act on them? It's the same for homosexuals. As long as they don't entertain impure thoughts nor act on them, there is no sin. The fact that they're attracted to those of the same sex is disordered, but not sinful in and of itself.
It says 'they use to be' that means they are no longer adulterees or homosexuals, no?

I think the most harmful sin is telling children they can be male or female or both and it's not sin because they were born that way.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501668 Dec 21, 2013
Homosexuals are now becoming "ordained" preachers ... USING the same bible that was used by others, to in turn preach that homosexuality is EVIL.

Black preachers that were once thought by white Christians to not even have souls are now USING the same bible to preach that homosexuality (according to "God") is EVIL.

Martin Luther, who once was a faithful Catholic turned Protestant, USED the same bible to later preach that the pope was EVIL.

Watch every preacher and you will see that he/she only places value on the images cast back from the mirrors.

Religion is BUNK.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#501669 Dec 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It says 'they use to be' that means they are no longer adulterees or homosexuals, no?
I think the most harmful sin is telling children they can be male or female or both and it's not sin because they were born that way.
Ah, but don't forget, Marge, I said that same-sex attraction is disordered. The Church does not encourage it, or gloss over it. Here's the Church's teaching from the Catechism, hopefully it will help:

Chastity and homosexuality

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501670 Dec 21, 2013
IMAGINATION

You can find in a text whatever you bring, if you will stand between it and the mirror of your imagination. You may not see your ears, but they will be there.
- "A Fable"

Mark Twain
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#501671 Dec 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't your pope make a statement in support of Phil Robertson? Could it be his "buddies" are sodomites? Just wondering.
<quoted text>
I did not say your pope should support a reality show. I said make a statement in support of Phil Robertson position on homosexuality not his show. This is your popes opportunity to make a statement against homosexuality. Do you get it now.
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN said, quote, "No, you made a vulgar comment about his "buddies". Something most of us are used to hearing from you, the so-called protestant evangelical fundamentalist non-denominational "deacon"." End quote.
Vulgar? What you call vulgar is an historic fact not fiction. FACT! Yes, I am a Protestant Evangelical Fundamentalist Non-denominational deacon. This too is a historical fact.
AnthonyMN said, quote, "I think you're jealous and resentful of the attention the pope gets." End quote.
You make the dumbest statements. Why?
Maybe the resident vulgar protestant evangelical fundamentalist non-denominational "deacon" could post some of the historical facts that Pope Francis's "buddies" are sodomites.

The facts are OldJawBone, based on your behavior here, you are no more likely a deacon than you are some 50 year old mouth breathing troglodyte Christian wannabe who's living in his 80 year old mom's basement. If you want to assert "facts", you'll have to identify your protestant community, show some sort of verification of your ordination (which would be phony in it's own right because there are no valid protestant "ordinations" ), maybe a nice picture of yourself and your fellow congregants as they fawn over you, date of ordination, location, etc. Until such time, you're nothing more to most Christians here than an anonymous poster who's a dirty old man and can't prove a thing.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501672 Dec 21, 2013
Have you EVER heard a preacher say "I am evil, and those in other religions are holy???

"NO" you say???

Gee ... I wonder WHY???

Sarcasm intended.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#501673 Dec 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the bible condemns homosexual behaviour.
Phil Roberston:“We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ‘em, give ‘em the good news about Jesus — whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ‘em out later, you see what I’m saying?”
Pope Francis:“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?”
Again, you're just a much a sinner in God's eye as any sodomizer, murderer or thief.
~~~
"Anthony MN"]

JESUS SAID

Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Luk_9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

IT IS QUITE EVIDENT THAT YOU ARE NOT A FOLLOWER OF JESUS...

2Ti_2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

YOUR POPE IS GRAVITATING INTO THE POSITION OF AN ANTICHRIST....

AND YOU ARE TOO.

AND EVIDENTLY (for you) THE POPES WORDS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE WORD OF GOD

BUT

WITH GOD IS HOLINESS OR HELL....EVIDENTLY YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE YOUR CHOICE...

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Mat_24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

THERE WILL BE ETERNITY WITH OUT END FOR YOU TO REMEMBER...

THIS WARNING...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#501674 Dec 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
"Anthony MN"]
JESUS SAID
Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Luk_9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
AND YOU ARE TOO.
BUT
THE BIBLE SAYS...
Mat_24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
THIS WARNING...
And it's quite evident you're a liar, a deceiver and bearer of false witness. No man of God behaves as you do, therefore, it's quite evident you are no a follower of Jesus.

Proverbs 6:16-19

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Proverbs 19:9

A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.

Proverbs 12:22

Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.

1 John 2:4

Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,

John 8:44

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

#501675 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
"Anthony MN"]
JESUS SAID
AND YOU ARE TOO.
BUT
THE BIBLE SAYS...
THIS WARNING...
~~~

THE BIBLE

1Co_6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

Be not... deceived:

neither fornicators,

nor idolaters,

nor adulterers,

nor effeminate,

note
nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501676 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hadn't belittled Protestant doctrines, to believe that Catholicism was aligned to the real truth ... you would still BE a Protestant ... you conniving double-talker!!!
June

That's the difference....I can walk into either a Catholic or Protestant worship space and feel comfortable. Its no big deal, and I do not hold a prejudice either for or against either one of them. The same is true of Christian followers, and their beliefs.

It is you who are double-minded, or you seek to divide, where there is no division....

#501677 Dec 21, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's quite evident you're a liar, a deceiver and bearer of false witness. No man of God behaves as you do, therefore, it's quite evident you are no a follower of Jesus.
Proverbs 6:16-19
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
Proverbs 19:9
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.
Proverbs 12:22
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.
1 John 2:4
Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,
John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
~~~~
Eternity will prove whom the liar is...

and you have been warned...

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

with out question THIS describes CATHOLICISM

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

YOUR OPINION OF ME IS INCONSEQUENTIAL...

I AM WHOM GOD SAYS I AM...and you carry no weight with Him....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#501678 Dec 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to you, Catholicism is based on reasoning and Protestantism is NOT based on reasoning???
You are a fraud by ANY standards.
June

You have faulty reasoning. Trying to make sense out your opinions would be a fulltime job for either a logician or psychologist to untangle....

You have this basic need to tell others what they reason, according to your opinions. It is unnerving sometimes your devotion to this need to implant others with your opinions.

I pretty much take most people as being able to reason rather well. Just the presumptions and biases are sometimes not to clear. But they come out in the end....
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#501679 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
"Anthony MN"]
JESUS SAID
AND YOU ARE TOO.
BUT
THE BIBLE SAYS...
THIS WARNING...
It's a peculiar habit of the creator to deprive all others in all other religions of truth and through words written in the King James' version of the bible, to give his one and ONLY truth to you.

You must REALLY be something special to the creator.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Sojurner D Truth 26,282
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Gabriel 985,703
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 1 hr nanoanomaly 5
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 6 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 7 hr YTube 1st 1
More from around the web