Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703889 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#500589 Dec 17, 2013
I never did understand people who were certain they could (with flattering words) charm a god into loving them, while rejecting others.

I find it humorous indeed!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500590 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry no ..
http://www.bible-history.com/maps/galilee_nor...
You may pas through SAMARIA as,Jesus,did .going from.Galilee . To The rest of Judea...many Jews,did not
What are your plans after arriving in heaven???

Do you believe that Jehovah will be there with bells on to welcome you???

:)
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500591 Dec 17, 2013
People that believe the universe has to follow their beliefs as they dictate TO the universe ... are amusing ... albeit I suggest very deluded.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#500592 Dec 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
You honestly think I am just going say "oh, ok, atem is right, Jesus' Church is a satanic cult, yup, time to leave it."
Which "church" would you recommend I attend instead?
since I differ from the campbellite church member, I would never venture to tell a devil worshipper like you where to go.LOL
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#500593 Dec 17, 2013
I suggest non-human animals don't dwell in fantasy, as they are by nature ... grounded.

The arrogance of fantasy is not their lot in life.
StarC

United States

#500594 Dec 17, 2013
Did the Emperor Constantine found the Catholic Church

by Jimmy Akin
in Apologetics, Video

You sometimes hear people claim that the Catholic Church was founded by the Emperor Constantine, who reigned in the early 300s.

If so, the Catholic Church could not be the original Church founded by Jesus.

That’s precisely why this claim is made.

But it’s a false claim.

As I reveal in this video, the Catholic Church existed long before Constantine came on the scene.

What about the related claim that Constantine made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire?

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#500595 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop stealing words from other religions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
Amon, or Amen (the mysterious), an Egyptian divinity, whose name occurs in that of No-amon. Nah 3:8. Amen was one of the eight gods of the first order, and chief of the triad of Thebes. He was worshipped at that city as Amen-Ra, or “Amen the Sun.”
I suggest you just stop plagiazising other peoples work and posting it on here.
Nothing you post comes from your only thoughts but what others have written.
Its not anyone elses fault but your own that you have become a bottom feeder, feasting on garbage rather sitting at the Lord's table and feast on the banquet He has set before us .
You made your choice June, you can still change your mind, we serve a loving forgiving God.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#500596 Dec 17, 2013
StarC wrote:
Did the Emperor Constantine found the Catholic Church
by Jimmy Akin
in Apologetics, Video
You sometimes hear people claim that the Catholic Church was founded by the Emperor Constantine, who reigned in the early 300s.
If so, the Catholic Church could not be the original Church founded by Jesus.
That’s precisely why this claim is made.
But it’s a false claim.
As I reveal in this video, the Catholic Church existed long before Constantine came on the scene.
What about the related claim that Constantine made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire?
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
More importantly, where'd I leave my bottle of scotch?

Columbus, OH

#500597 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest non-human animals don't dwell in fantasy, as they are by nature ... grounded.
The arrogance of fantasy is not their lot in life.
But it is yours.

How's it going so far?

Chicken wing?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#500598 Dec 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The second generations writings do not supersede Paul. Paul never said Peter wasn't in Rome. You are saying that.
The names "Simon and Jonah" were way too common to consider that this ossuary is thee Simon.
Besides, did you forget that Simon's name was changed to Peter around 33 AD? Was he ever called Simon again? The tomb in Rome says "Peter" not Simon.
~~~

You Roman Catholics are always attempting....

to assume conjecture into the word of God...

You refuse to accept the penalty of adding to...or deleting from the will of God..

you can dance all you please...but there will be a day when YOU WILL FACE THE MUSIC.

Jesus is the testator that lived out the will/covenant/and testament ...

he arose to become the executor...

you Roman Catholics attempt to change his living will...

you refuse to be born again.. IN OBEDIENCE TO THE WORDS OF JESUS

HE SAID

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

.SO SINCE YOU ARE NOT SONS,...

YOU HAVE NO INHERITANCE

..ALL YOU HAVE IS THE KINGDOM OF ROME ITALY...

ONLY SONS ARE HEIRS....

SONS ARE BORN INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD BY SPIRITUAL BIRTH...

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#500599 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your plans after arriving in heaven???
Do you believe that Jehovah will be there with bells on to welcome you???
what are you planning after you depart time, for a eternity in hell June.you should be working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
You seem pretty determined to get people to join you, in your religious beliefs.
It takes a lot of faith to believe in nothing JUNE.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#500600 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe what the bible is saying to me. It's saying ... "I was created by humans, and I feed lies to other greed-filled humans eager to believe they are special to a god."
No you don't - please stop misleading others.

You are just as bad as the so-called "Christians".
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500601 Dec 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>anyhow, if you heard me saying the word [ridiculous] instead of spelling it wrong, you wouldn't know how it is misspelled. so again, if that is all that you can indict me for, you lost your case before the opening arguments.
and if you had any brains, you wouldn't be a catholic.
lol
Evidently I have enough brains to spell correctly.
lol
It seems to me that someone who hasn't learned how to spell doesn't read much, and that leaves them ill-equipped to seriously discuss the topic of this thread.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500602 Dec 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU'RE,WRONG again..I DO NOT hate your Church..You all will not admit things,have changed,..I do not hate any one,..nor HAVE I EVER insulted nor slandered..nor changed people's posts any one on a personal level ..even you ..
This is,a DEBATE FORUM...PEOPLE DISAGREE ..
maybe some people hate your CHURCH I do not .
They do MUCH good in the,world,
It is,NOT required we AGREE WITH YOU . SERA DIES NOT MAKE HER living in the nasty way you said..hat is,slander ..libelous ...
Your Church has,believed or now,believes,some,doctrine,I do not agree,with...so what ..
Sera,was standing up for MICHAEL. ONLY because of what was said about Him..And to clad,credit HE apologized. They are ok..yet you persist in insinuations personally about both of them ..
This, IS,NOT A PLACE For personal insults ..or gutter talk.. not only is that not What WE should do ITS,AGAIBST TOPix TOS,to infer what you did .....And no matter how many times you are told ...it's,AGAINST THE RULES you keep on
No.One herd goes to the gutter in a regular basis..I'm sorry . But it does,not reflect well...on what you say you have learned
.for the last time ..It's,advent almost Christmas ..please get your mind and posting out of teacher gutter ...please knit.....'ve seen you post normal ..star your opinion.....please go hack o that ...
..disagreement is,allowed..gutter is not ...
And I do not hate the Roman Catholic church ...
You do hate the Church or you would not post like you do. Sera is not all there, and its not slander, its my own oppinion. deal with it. The Church has not changed, where do you get your lies from? Vatican II was about communicating to the the masses, not changing doctrine. or anything else. You left the Church because you wanted to be on the pill, you said so yourself. The pill is an aboertifacient and nothing will change that either. You need to keep your hatred in check because of Advent. I don't think ypu understand even what Advent is. I am not going to hack into anything, what are you posting about, hacking is wrong and saying i do that is slanderous anf libalous. You just may hear from my lawyer.

Albuquerque, NM

#500603 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you check with your Gnostic creator and that will make all things clear to you. But make sure you don't call what you preach religion. It has to fall under "spirituality."
I suggest you to worry about yourself and not worry about me. I can handle myself i n this world.

Your suggestions are all bullshite. When you start doing what you suggest, then we will talk more - but until then, you are all over the board without any stability in what you believe.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#500604 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to lead me away from my self AGAIN?
What do you mean by "again"?

I can't lead you anywhere, nor have led you anywhere.

Please stop making up things about me. Lately, that is all you have seemed to do.

Columbus, OH

#500605 Dec 17, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you just stop plagiazising other peoples work and posting it on here.
Nothing you post comes from your only thoughts but what others have written.
Its not anyone elses fault but your own that you have become a bottom feeder, feasting on garbage rather sitting at the Lord's table and feast on the banquet He has set before us .
You made your choice June, you can still change your mind, we serve a loving forgiving God.
Bam!.

Well,'ceptin' for that loving god stuff.

Have you seen my bottle of scotch?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#500606 Dec 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN ENGLISH CLASS....
If you hand were in the condition that Preston's are ...You would be glad that you could type at all...
i don't believe You would not want to walk the miles that he has, in the armed service for his country..
We should thank God for his sacrifice ....that he ....and others like him
that have put their lives on the line ...have been spared...
IT' IS by
God's grace they are able to post here in this forum..
Well, that's fine. Good for all our service people.
However, last I checked, the Bible that most people in America read is written in English. How can one read and understand it without a good grip on the English language?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#500607 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your self-serving Christian philosophy makes claims of truth as does the philosophy of all preachers in various religions.
If you were a Muslim, you'd be preaching Islam as the only truth on earth.
It's unfortunate that you don't want to see that issue from the outside in.
June VanDerMark

Since you are an atheist, you are preaching it as the only truth on earth.
It's unfortunate that you don't want to see that issue from the outside in.

Riccardo

Albuquerque, NM

#500608 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference IS, I am joking and YOU are serious.
You honestly believe that you and "Jesus" had and have the same beliefs.
How funny.
The truth is - I could care less what you think others believe.

IMO it is because of your own insecurities within your own life.

From my perspective - I don't believe a life-long "Christian" can't just automatically jump the train and believe like you do, because we all already know, you don't even have any proof to what you say or believe.

And being a "Christian" for so long as you have, I highly doubt it would take more than just a post saying "I am an Atheist". In fact far from it.

IMO - your ruse is all for yourself. When you can start being honest that you don't know what is to become of us, then I will begin to drop my speculations about you still being a so-called "Christian".

Until then.....go and push your mantra and love for Jehovah to some unsuspecting apologist - as your tactic doesn't work on me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min Tiny Trump 88,738
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 31 min Grunt56 223,086
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Redeemed Jersey P... 996,591
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 6 hr chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 6 hr Bernie fan 1
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 6 hr Jimbo 2
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 6 hr Kimbo 10