Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641965 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#500548 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> You are very wrong. Christ founded the Holy Catholic Church . Saint Peter was the first pope. It's in the bible and history books.
I went to our men's Bible study last night. We are studying Samuel and we came across this verse. It's a prayer from Hannah 1 Sam 2:

There is none holy like the Lord
for there is none besides you;
there is no rock like our God.

**I thought of catholics with their claim about Peter being the rock and now you post the samething...funny stuff.

Hannah gets it...why don't catholics

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#500549 Dec 17, 2013
This sermon smacks of "religion" to me.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Gnostic Gospel of Truth

Gnostic Theology is based on the duality between the transcendent Absolute Spiritual Reality (which includes the manifest and unmanifest) and the imperfect psychic and physical reality, the "Cosmos". The cosmos is considered a lower or imperfect reflection or copy of the higher perfect order of the Pleroma which contains the Absolute Realms. This is consistent with the Hindu concept of Brahman, the ineffable ALL.

http://reluctant-messenger.com/gospel-of-trut...

Williams Lake, Canada

#500550 Dec 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to our men's Bible study last night. We are studying Samuel and we came across this verse. It's a prayer from Hannah 1 Sam 2:
There is none holy like the Lord
for there is none besides you;
there is no rock like our God.
**I thought of catholics with their claim about Peter being the rock and now you post the samething...funny stuff.
Hannah gets it...why don't catholics
Have you been god-smacked by the right god today???

If not ... I suggest you find out who has, and follow them!

:)
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#500551 Dec 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is still not providing any proof that peter was in Roma nor that he was your first pope.
go visit the catacombs, you can take a virtual tour on the Internet. You actually do not bwelieve what the bible is saying? LOL. Open your eyes.
Liam

Brooklyn, NY

#500553 Dec 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR, LIAR, LIAR.
there is no evidence in the BIBLE that peter even went to Roma, and Pauls writing confirm my words..
when Paul got to roma, the leading citizens went to greet him, no mention of your [first] pope. Paul said that he did not build on another mans work in Roma, so Peter couldn't have been in Roma. Paul spoke of other men coming to visit him, no mention of Peter the Pastor visiting his sheep.
the only place that peter is mentioned is with your false irreligious system, and that has nothing to do with the Bible and Church History
Why are you only going by Pauls letters to determine if Peter was in Rome? There are historic writings of the second generation that speaks of it. They would have learned this info from eyewitness accounts of previous Christians.

Look, the Church had nothing to gain by saying Peter lived and died in Rome. Who would ever have thunk back then, that Rome would be converted 200 yrs later? It doesn't make sense. If the man died in Antioch, people would have wrote about it. If he'd died in Jerusalem, somebody would have known. I mean, he was popular guy. People in Rome knew him and knew how he was arrested and executed. They told people about it. Nobody had any reason to lie.

The Bible says nothing about him NOT being in Rome. You are connecting dots because you need him to not be in Rome. Even the Orthodox know he was in Rome and founded the Church there. And they don't argue that Pope Francis is his successor as Bishop either. They dispute his primacy over them, but not his episcopal office.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500554 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>If she is a good married Christian woman, why does she post hate filled posts? You get after me and others , but never her. She has said some very nasty things and so have you. You use words that really sting, and you act real innocent along with sera. Exoect a little noise when you attack people , yes you have. Sera protected a poster that is infatuated with the subject of pedophilia, sera agreeing with him, makes me wonder. YOU insult my Church, You are only on this forum to push hatred towards the Church.. l.
YOU'RE,WRONG again..I DO NOT hate your Church..You all will not admit things,have changed,..I do not hate any one,..nor HAVE I EVER insulted nor slandered..nor changed people's posts any one on a personal level ..even you ..

This is,a DEBATE FORUM...PEOPLE DISAGREE ..
maybe some people hate your CHURCH I do not .
They do MUCH good in the,world,

It is,NOT required we AGREE WITH YOU . SERA DIES NOT MAKE HER living in the nasty way you said..hat is,slander ..libelous ...

Your Church has,believed or now,believes,some,doctrine,I do not agree,with...so what ..

Sera,was standing up for MICHAEL. ONLY because of what was said about Him..And to clad,credit HE apologized. They are ok..yet you persist in insinuations personally about both of them ..
This, IS,NOT A PLACE For personal insults ..or gutter talk.. not only is that not What WE should do ITS,AGAIBST TOPix TOS,to infer what you did .....And no matter how many times you are told ...it's,AGAINST THE RULES you keep on
No.One herd goes to the gutter in a regular basis..I'm sorry . But it does,not reflect well...on what you say you have learned
.for the last time ..It's,advent almost Christmas ..please get your mind and posting out of teacher gutter ...please knit.....'ve seen you post normal ..star your opinion.....please go hack o that ...

..disagreement is,allowed..gutter is not ...
And I do not hate the Roman Catholic church ...

Williams Lake, Canada

#500555 Dec 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to our men's Bible study last night.
And did you complain about god not sending a female savior to earth for a CHANGE???

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#500556 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>
Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome
Some Non-Catholics will say anything in order to try and "prove" that Saint Peter, the first "Bishop of Rome" was never in Rome. By doing this they hope to discredit Peter as having the primacy, and thus by so doing they attempt to deny that he was the first Pope, and therefore the Catholic claim of Apostolic Succession would fall apart. If Peter had said he was writing from Rome, then no doubt, the Romans would have begun an intensive search for him.
lol, they didn't have any problem finding Paul, did they? and if he was the first Pastor, they could have found him preaching his sermons on Sunday. strawmans argument with no merit.

Peter was Chosen by God to be an Apostle, the Highest office for any man, it would be a tragic stepdown if he assumed the leadership of your church. In fact, God would have disowned him.

naming a building after him is not proof of anything. look at the Lincoln Memorial, Abe isn't buried there, so your point is misleading.

the claim of Apostolic Sucession is debunked for one reason, the office of an Apostle is NOT handed down by man to a man. that person is chosen by God, and only those who have seen the Resurrected Christ can claim that office, It aint for sale, you cant earn it, you receive it by being Chosen by God, no other way.

Peter(the Apostle to the Jewish people) said he was writing from Babylon and every historian knows that the jewish people were still congregating in that area, and were up until the formation of the Renewed state of Israel when many of them were forced out of their homes.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500557 Dec 17, 2013
It seems from what I've studied, that Gnostics don't believe that Jesus was a savior ... but rather that if the Gnostics follow the teachings of Jesus that they can save their selves.

It's a satisfying way of making a savior out of self, rather than having to worship an "outsider."

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#500558 Dec 17, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
"AUSCP is a forum where priests across the U.S. relate to one another; foster dialogue with clergy, bishops, religious, laity, and with their organizations. AUSCP continues to celebrate and implement the visionary concepts of the Second Vatican Council; to be servant leaders in a servant Church; to minister with humility, mercy, and faithfulness; to revitalize the Body of Christ through contemplation and witness to the goodness among fellow pilgrims; to be a voice of hope; and to preach and act prophetically."
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/assoc...
http://www.uscatholicpriests.org/
Are you saying that it is a terrible thing for clergy to be servant leaders, ministering with humility, mercy, and faithfulness, to revitalize the Body of Christ through contemplation and witness to the goodness among fellow pilgrims, to be a voice of hope, etc...?
The AUSCP as are the many others that have sprung up in the past 3 years. The ACP in Ireland, Wales, Australia, England are reform groups of catholic priests expressing their views of the direction of the catholic church. One issue is, they want reform in the Papal office. They also support and standbye the more than 40,000 nuns in america who are under investigation by the Vatican.

http://www.praytellblog.com/index.php/2013/03...

These roman catholic priest REFORM groups have caught on very quickly. Time will tell how many more countries will adapt to their causes and concerns.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#500559 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> Thankyou1 I see a lot of bigotry being posted on this forum from many protestants and the only reason they are on here is to sway Catholics away from the Holy Catholic Church. Rose, sera all of them are guilty.
Your kidding right? I have no desire to sway any catholic from their church. I want you all to stay where you are...We don't need you and your twisted thinking..

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#500560 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:

So you are NOT religious, yet because of your Gnostic belief, which IS religion, you believe you can speak on behalf of "Jesus???"

New Age wrote:

Why do you think the things you believe in your world are - or should be that way - for others?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason you believe that your belief in SELF is suitable for others.
Isn't it FUN though???
And what reason is that?

I for one don't believe Self is suitable for others, as it is already part of others - they, like you, just don't recognise it. So they continue to banter and post like you do - ignorance of it.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500561 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text> go visit the catacombs, you can take a virtual tour on the Internet. You actually do not bwelieve what the bible is saying? LOL. Open your eyes.
I believe what the bible is saying to me. It's saying ... "I was created by humans, and I feed lies to other greed-filled humans eager to believe they are special to a god."

Albuquerque, NM

#500562 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it obvious to you YET, that I'm extremely jealous of your KNOWLEDGE???
Of course.

Do you think that refusing to do your own study will change that?

Albuquerque, NM

#500563 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Gnostic "texts."
Wrong. Nothing there either.

Wanna try again?

Williams Lake, Canada

#500564 Dec 17, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The AUSCP as are the many others that have sprung up in the past 3 years. The ACP in Ireland, Wales, Australia, England are reform groups of catholic priests expressing their views of the direction of the catholic church. One issue is, they want reform in the Papal office. They also support and standbye the more than 40,000 nuns in america who are under investigation by the Vatican.
http://www.praytellblog.com/index.php/2013/03...
These roman catholic priest REFORM groups have caught on very quickly. Time will tell how many more countries will adapt to their causes and concerns.
Do you support the idea that if they change their opinions, they are serving a god ... or simply supporting their own emotional needs?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#500565 Dec 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AN ENGLISH CLASS....
If you hand were in the condition that Preston's are ...You would be glad that you could type at all...
i don't believe You would not want to walk the miles that he has, in the armed service for his country..
We should thank God for his sacrifice ....that he ....and others like him
that have put their lives on the line ...have been spared...
IT' IS by
God's grace they are able to post here in this forum..
Amen

No one knows,all of the things,any of us go through ...we may ask for prayer for something ..But we are to try to remember we are not in their shoes ...

Most of the posts herd reflect we love the Lord ....most any way ...we should remember ..despite our differences we have Christ in common

Me too...And empathize more with others ..NIT picking ..

You know,I lived hose WWJD bracelets and key chains,.

Weird thing HERE...we,May had an angry THOUGT but we had to really MEAN to be
Uncivil or mean to write it down ..I erase a lot ..km sure MOST of us do ..

Albuquerque, NM

#500566 Dec 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been god-smacked by the right god today???
If not ... I suggest you find out who has, and follow them!
Godsmack - "Prayer"

Maybe you should change the way you pray.

Williams Lake, Canada

#500567 Dec 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
So you are NOT religious, yet because of your Gnostic belief, which IS religion, you believe you can speak on behalf of "Jesus???"
New Age wrote:
Why do you think the things you believe in your world are - or should be that way - for others?
<quoted text>
I suggest you check with your Gnostic creator and that will make all things clear to you. But make sure you don't call what you preach religion. It has to fall under "spirituality."

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#500568 Dec 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Not only read what the Pope has said, but read the Catechism of the Catholic Church on that subject. The Pope actually said the same as what the Catechism had said.
Man...that's deep...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min RiversideRedneck 38,750
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 11 min Paul is dead 4,166
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min MUQ2 44,470
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr spider1954 970,122
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 104,771
Supporting Trump like the fallen angels support... 3 hr Johnny 32
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 3 hr Johnny 204
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr Ricky F 38,443
More from around the web