Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,344
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#499710 Dec 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yes, I read it and wrote to her also. thanks
Great ..sometimes I send messages,and they don't say sent ..Lol..or I don't see,it

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#499711 Dec 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The bible commands us to sing, Ephesians 5;19 and Colossians 3;,then why would there be a need to tell us not to use instruments by putting that in the bible if the bible already tells us to sing. The logic is, it wouldn't. Do you think God lacks common sense, I don' t and that's the reason why it's not necessary to say that instruments are not authorized as singing is..
God doesn't hold us by a string, we are not puppets. Just as we don't need to place a rug towards mecca and pray every few hours, we don't need to be concerned about using an instrument to sing a song. Move out of the dark cult age, don't be stuck with living like that. Use your head. God judges the heart, not how you sing.

Psalm 150:3-5

Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!

That means the Church of Christ is saying God changed his mind and since the time of David, he now wants no instruments. THAT DON"T MAKE ANY SENSE! Pull your head out of that cult!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499712 Dec 13, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>God doesn't hold us by a string, we are not puppets. Just as we don't need to place a rug towards mecca and pray every few hours, we don't need to be concerned about using an instrument to sing a song. Move out of the dark cult age, don't be stuck with living like that. Use your head. God judges the heart, not how you sing.
Psalm 150:3-5
Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
That means the Church of Christ is saying God changed his mind and since the time of David, he now wants no instruments. THAT DON"T MAKE ANY SENSE! Pull your head out of that cult!
he like hank cant admit that instruments are allowed since he then has to realize that he has been lied to.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#499714 Dec 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yep, that verse shows how much of a weasel that you are. why would any reasonable person attack someone over a spelling error, of which I make many?
WHY?
I gave a testimony from my heart and gif agreed.
yet you attacked it over a lower case letter
Just stating facts...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499717 Dec 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Just stating facts...
what fact? I showed you and everyone that lord is correct.

the facts are this, you attack everyone over some little nuisance of yours. even a young 6th grader. and yes Jesus is God.
YTube

Marietta, GA

#499720 Dec 14, 2013

The Day the Lord showed me ANTICHRIST -----

http://youtu.be/jnTwx5LprHI

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#499721 Dec 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh - you mean Jehovah?
This text shows Jesus explaining his belief - the one he supposedly attempted to teach to others.
Thia intro does seem to have a Jewish Kabbalah influence.....
"Secret" this and "Secret" that ... has sentiments of silly male-oriented philosophy.

Whether it was Jewish influence, or Christian influence, those men that wrote the tales, all thought they were special to the same supposed "god."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The Apocryphon of John is commonly referenced by two other names: The Secret Book of John and The Secret Revelation of John,

Prince George, Canada

#499722 Dec 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh - you mean Jehovah?
And by the way, why are STUCK on Gnostic philosophy while you disregard the philosophy of all the other countless theologians in all the other religions?

Prince George, Canada

#499723 Dec 14, 2013
Wacky theology

John Chrysostom ... "I certainly feel better about my self now that I am fully aware Jehovah changed his name to plain God, and that he turned against those vile Jews. I have to get busy and convince the Jews that are still faithful to Judaism that God no longer loves them as HE loves ME. I can see that this massive job is not going to be easy, as we will have to kill many Jews who will refuse to join Catholicism. OH well, God's newly revised will must be followed. AMEN!"

Prince George, Canada

#499724 Dec 14, 2013
On the righteous path ... theology

Jehovah's Witness ... "We are the only real Christians. We refer to God by his given HOLY name 'JEHOVAH.' Why we are not Jews is a mystery to me ... but who am I to argue with those who write the pamphlets every month for our organization? I just accept the FACT that WE are the chosen of Jehovah and leave it at that. AMEN!"

Prince George, Canada

#499725 Dec 14, 2013
Self-proclaimed master of truth

"If I tell you that the deity loves me, I expect you to believe me and not ask any questions. Questions make me uncomfortable, and when I become uncomfortable I tend to become angry and I will kill you. I've done it before and I will do it again. Do you understand me?"

Silence of the "lambs."

Prince George, Canada

#499726 Dec 14, 2013
Who ... back in the day would dare ask questions of the doctrine of a pope, or a Martin Luther, or a John Calvin, and expect to live to see the next sunrise?"
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

In cooperation with the civil officers they enforced a strict observance of the Puritan Sabbath—a day of rest that began at six o-clock on Saturday evening and lasted until sunset on Sunday. All work, all trading, all amusement, and all worldly conversations were absolutely prohibited during those hours. A thoughtless maid servant who for some earthly reason smiled in church was in danger of being banished as a vagabond. Robert Pike, a devout Puritan, thinking the Sun had gone to rest, ventured forth on horseback one Sunday evening and was luckless enough to have a ray of light strike him through a rift in the clouds. The next day he was brought into court and fined for “his ungodly conduct.” With persons accused of witchcraft the Puritans were still more ruthless. When a mania of persecution swept over Massachusetts in 1692, eighteen people were hanged, one was pressed to death, many suffered imprisonment, and two died in jail.

Prince George, Canada

#499727 Dec 14, 2013
I suggest that the arrogant John Calvin was certain he could ORDER up salvation for his self ... no matter how horrible his own behavior.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.

John Calvin
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“A History of Christianity … volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

Through a consistory of six clergymen and twelve laymen, Calvin enforced piety and rules of conduct more in the spirit of the Old than the New Testament. His overall rule was “to glorify God and praise him forever,” and the practical means of achieving this was strict discipline. He could not tolerate anything that seemed to dishonor God of the elect, and he punished drunkenness, profanity and divergent views with severity.

(18) Fines were assessed for not attending church, adulterers were sentenced to death, dancing was punishable by imprisonment, a child was beheaded for striking his parents. And a critic was beheaded for placing a placard on Calvin’s pulpit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Forest G. Wood is the author of “The Arrogance of Faith.”

Calvin argued in Institutes of the Christian Religion (1559 edition); “but eternal life is foreordained for some and eternal damnation for others.”

Location hidden

#499729 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>mr weasel, it was a spelling error. but lets look at the Bible for our correction.
"The LORD said unto my[ lord], Sit thou at my right hand until
I make thine enemies thy footstool."
It is unfortunate that the translators of the KJV clouded the meaning of David's words by assigning an upper case "L" to that second "lord" in the verse. This "lapse" has unfortunate complications for those who are unable to read the Hebrew text themselves. It fails to follow the normally expected "translators' convention" which uses an upper case "L" to distinguish between two quite different Hebrew words, one of which always refers to God, and the other of which never refers to God. The error has been perpetuated by some later versions (NKJV, NASB, NIV), but has been recognised and corrected, by several others (RSV, NRSV, NEB). That upper case "L" has led many to misuse the verse as a Trinitarian "proof text." However, as we shall see, that is not the intention of the verse at all.
Ps 110:1 ¶ <<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Now you are saying the Sacred Infallible Word of God is a joke...it is fallible...wrong...it is in error....

Now I know whom your father is....he is a liar, and the father of it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499730 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then take water again(like hank does) and show us where the word [only] is in those two verses that you use. BTW, the devil uses Scripture to prove his point too and like you he adds or takes away from WHAT IS REALLY SAID.
glad that you had to admit that there are no Commandments forbidding musical instruments and that only comes from your cult.
Sir I was very happy to admit that there's no verses saying that there are no commandments forbidding instruments, because to do that would be to alter common English practice. The translators of the bible wrote it this way because it's improper to put a command to sing only and then say that there are no commandments forbidding instruments, because that's not the way you write proper English.

Prince George, Canada

#499731 Dec 14, 2013
Give an arrogant man,(and now an arrogant woman) a bible, and that man or woman will immediately start preaching AT you how you must believe and behave in order to be rewarded with eternal bliss.

Memory takes me back to the woman who informed me in no uncertain terms ... "Nobody comes between me and my GOD!"

I understood that had she been in power, I would have been silenced immediately for disagreeing with her self-perceived HOLY Christian doctrines.

Religion, more often than not ... created human monsters clothed in god-garbs.

Prince George, Canada

#499732 Dec 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ps 110:1 ¶ <<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Now you are saying the Sacred Infallible Word of God is a joke...it is fallible...wrong...it is in error....
Now I know whom your father is....he is a liar, and the father of it.
Those who are convinced that they see evil in other, always perceive their selves to be HOLY servants of gods.

We are not even close to being out of the dark ages.

Prince George, Canada

#499733 Dec 14, 2013
From the book “God’s Bullies,” by Perry Deanne Young comes the following

In the name of Jesus and God, they had perpetrated all kinds of little cruelties on others and had meanwhile fooled themselves into thinking they could do no wrong because they were always carrying out God’s will.

Location hidden

#499734 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
lord in Hebrew in that verse is adonee which means" my Master".
LORD in Hebrew is YHWH.
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt26b0.htm
you don't care if you are right or not, just another example of how wicked that you are
The truth:
Lord:'adown, aw-done' or (shortened) adon {aw-done'}; from an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, i.e. controller (human or divine):-- lord, master, owner. Compare also names beginning with "Adoni-".

Lord: Y@hovah, yeh-ho-vaw'(the) self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God:--Jehovah, the Lord.

Which meaning is proper depends on the context of the verse...no where do I find any Scripture that refers to God Almighty as "adown"....

Prince George, Canada

#499735 Dec 14, 2013
Those who perceive their selves as holy servants of gods are a danger to others. They create "witches" in their own minds as they look outward and spot evil in others. That mindset is not even close to being new.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book …Witch Hunts, by Robert Rapley …Published 2007 comes the following…

In times of great turmoil, there will always be witch hunters, always fearful accusers, and always witches – for witch hunting is a state of mind. You do not need to have a witch, only somebody whom everybody fears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Good-Evil 793,503
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 5 min SobieskiSavedEurope 449
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Ex_Irontonian 97,416
Scientific proof for God's existence 41 min HipGnosis 487
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Pegasus 267,254
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 55 min Johnny 2,951
Gay snapchat names 1 hr Adioz2020 323
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Black Thunder 42 607,041
More from around the web