Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650210 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#499746 Dec 14, 2013
Century after century, homosexuals were imprisoned, tortured and put to death ... by men of the "cloth."

If you don't wake up, others can't do it for you!!!

Prince George, Canada

#499747 Dec 14, 2013
Observe the idiocy of this female philosophizing "theologian" who spent far too much time in her bible. Of course any time spent in the bible will result in mental damage to the individual in the short OR long run.

Anita ended up later as a divorcee.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Book …“Playboy Interview … edited by G. Barry Golson …
Anita Bryant … anti-gay activist……

June, 1978…………..

Playboy: In some jurisdictions, homosexual behavior is now prosecuted as a misdemeanor. Are you in favor of returning it to a felony status?

Bryant: Yes, I think so. Any time you water down the law, it just makes it easier for immorality to become tolerated.

Playboy: Let’s say two adult men are caught in bed, fornicating. Under felony provisions, they could be sent to jail for 20 years. Do you think 20 years in prison would rehabilitate them?

Bryant: Why make it easy for them? I think it only helps to condone it and make it easier for kids who wouldn’t be so concerned if it were just a misdemeanor, whereas a felony might make them think twice, especially the younger ones.

Playboy: What if it doesn’t? Boys should spend 20 years in jail for one act?

Bryant: If they’re on good behavior and everything, and they really—

Playboy: What are you saying—that someone will be rehabilitated and turned away from homosexuality in prison? Surely, you know that prisoners are gang-raped routinely. Someone jailed on a homosexual charge is particularly vulnerable. You must know that.

Bryant: They’ll have plenty of time to think. Just because prisons are corrupt and not doing the right job in rehabilitation because they don’t have enough spiritual emphasis doesn’t mean that there should not be a strong punishment for that.

Playboy: Does punishment lead to redemption?

Bryant: It’s in the Bible.

Playboy: So for one sin, the sin of one man making love to another man, you would send them to jail? That’s the Christian approach?

Bryant: As a Christian, I know the only answer is the Gospel.

Playboy: If Bob told you to do something right now that was against the grain of your thought, would you simply submit to him?

Bryant: I might rebel against it—and I have many times—but, Biblically, I would submit, yes.

Playboy: You’ve gone against your own better judgment?

Bryant: Oh yes. For me to learn to submit was one of the most difficult things in the world, because from time to time I was a little child, I was a very hardheaded, independent human being.

Prince George, Canada

#499749 Dec 14, 2013
The Jews believe that Catholics lied. Catholics believe the Jews lied. Protestants believe the Jews and Catholics lied. You all refer to each other as liars.

Yet when I believe that with their right-fighting claims of all of them knowing truth, yet ever disagreeing with each other, that ALL theologians lied ... I am labeled as an evil-doer that offends a supposed "Creator."

If you don't see the blatant ignorance of your claims ... it's because you don't WANT to see.

Prince George, Canada

#499750 Dec 14, 2013
Rather than praying to a mythical god for favors, I suggest humans should step out of religion and ask forgiveness of each other for being so blatantly stupid.

Catholic ..."I'm sorry for claiming that my religion is the only one pleasing to a god. I was wrong to be so arrogant."

Protestant ..." I suggest we were both arrogant and wrong, so shall we shake hands on that issue and go have a cup of coffee at Aim-ease Cafeteria.

Catholic ... "Good idea ... Hey, did you catch the boxing match the other night?"

Protestant ... "Yeah ... wasn't that something, how those guys pounded each other to a bloody mess?"

Catholic ... "Uh huh. I can hardly wait to see who wins the next match."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499751 Dec 14, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Sir, that's not a definition of a miracle. A miracle is one that Jesus and the Apostles did, like raising the dead, making somebody that has never been able to speak or hear to suddenly hear, these are miracles. The bible tells you that miracles have ceased because we now have the bible, so there's no need for miracles. Miracles were used to helo promote the ministry of Jesus, as miracles can get people's attention better and then these people would spread the word of a miracle being performed and that would help bring people to Jesus, because the bible hadn't been completed yet. So why are you believing in miracles when the bible tells us that miracles ceased when the last apostle died, 1. Miraculous gifts will cease, but faith, hope, and love will abide ( 1 Cor. 13:8,13).
2. Miraculous gifts will cease when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 13:10).
3. Faith, hope, and love will continue when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 10:13).
4. Hope can’t continue when Jesus comes because hope that is seen is not hope and Jesus will be seen (Romans 8:24).
5. So, that which is perfect can’t be Jesus’ coming because then hope would not abide.
6. Therefore, that which is perfect must come after the time Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
7. Therefore, miracles must cease sometime after Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
8. This was going to happen when the “unity of the faith” came ( Eph. 4:13).
9. The “unity of the faith” came after John wrote the book of Revelation ( Rev. 22:18,19).
10. Miraculous gifts ended after John wrote the book of Revelation. Now that you see that miracles have ceased and the fact that you didn'tknow the true definition of a miracle and now you do, my next question is what does speaking in tongues mean to you? I'm curious if you know what speaking in tongues really means.
Your Church seems,to want to limit God's work in the world or call it less,than it is,...

Thinking is,if you believe Jesus,died for your Sin and has,been Resurrected .Good for you..
But your teachings,are,like nothing I've heard in any Church ..or the,bible ..

But them I'm not Amish either ..I guess,they do feel they have to live like,the Way did ..

It's,our hearts,that God,lives,in
And,we have been blessed,by the,Sacrifice of the,Lamb on the,Cross..
If you think things,that happen in the,lives,of believers are,not miraculous,..I feel sorry for you ..

But enjoy your Church and your worship

GOD,BLESS YOU

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#499752 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> We have free will and we are not predestined and God does not intervene in our lives. Armageddon is a war between good and evil, not a literal war with weapons. The 1000 Year Millennium is nothing more than false doctrine. When Jesus comes back he will meet us in the air, clouds, he will never step foot on this earth again,1 Thessalonians 4;17, New Living Translation
Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.
HE,WILL RETURN AS,HE, LEFT .. on earth ...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499753 Dec 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Century after century, homosexuals were imprisoned, tortured and put to death ... by men of the "cloth."
If you don't wake up, others can't do it for you!!!
Homosexuality is such a terrible sin, God calls it an abomination. Homosexuals should be treated just like the second commandment says, love thy neighbor as thyself. As far as the sin it is we are to do everything we can to stop it from being spread by educating all people on how it destroys the true way God has made us.,. One on one, city, state, and federally we need to attack this at all levels. Being gay and gay marriage brings such a mass amount of new problems because of gay marriage is totally made the government not prepared to handle new problems that are brought on simply by gay marriage. The court systems have already had problems dealing with gay divorces because the system wasn't set up for gay marriages, so changes at all levels have to be made to accommodate these sinners for their choice on living a life contrary to God and man.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#499754 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> We have free will and we are not predestined and God does not intervene in our lives. Armageddon is a war between good and evil, not a literal war with weapons. The 1000 Year Millennium is nothing more than false doctrine. When Jesus comes back he will meet us in the air, clouds, he will never step foot on this earth again,1 Thessalonians 4;17, New Living Translation
Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.
HE will return FROM HEAVEN .
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Has,this,happened yet ???
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Note,I used the,NLT

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499755 Dec 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Church seems,to want to limit God's work in the world or call it less,than it is,...
Thinking is,if you believe Jesus,died for your Sin and has,been Resurrected .Good for you..
But your teachings,are,like nothing I've heard in any Church ..or the,bible ..
But them I'm not Amish either ..I guess,they do feel they have to live like,the Way did ..
It's,our hearts,that God,lives,in
And,we have been blessed,by the,Sacrifice of the,Lamb on the,Cross..
If you think things,that happen in the,lives,of believers are,not miraculous,..I feel sorry for you ..
But enjoy your Church and your worship
GOD,BLESS YOU
When you say miraculous you are not really defining what you are actually saying because I am talking about miracles as defined by the bible and the dictionary, which states a miracle is something like for instance, raising the dead or healing someone from an illness or disease right in front of your eyes ,meaning instantaneous, like the apostles and God did. I believe and feel free to correct me that what you are implying are things that are similar to miracles such as someone who is clinically dead and is resuscitated back ,that's what I think you are referring to, and if so that's not define as a miracle because we have the medical capability to resuscitate someone that is clinically dead, but we do not have the ability to resuscitate someone that is biologically dead , meaning no brain activity at all ,these people cannot be resuscitated back. So what I am saying is some people may think that a person who was resuscitated back from a clinical state may think of that as a miracle, and they would be wrong. As I said miracles are when people who have been dead like Lazarus and brought back, that's a miracle. As the bible clearly says, miracles have ceased, and they ceased when John the last apostle died.

Prince George, Canada

#499756 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> Sir, that's not a definition of a miracle. A miracle is one that Jesus and the Apostles did, like raising the dead, making somebody that has never been able to speak or hear to suddenly hear, these are miracles. The bible tells you that miracles have ceased because we now have the bible, so there's no need for miracles. Miracles were used to helo promote the ministry of Jesus, as miracles can get people's attention better and then these people would spread the word of a miracle being performed and that would help bring people to Jesus, because the bible hadn't been completed yet. So why are you believing in miracles when the bible tells us that miracles ceased when the last apostle died, 1. Miraculous gifts will cease, but faith, hope, and love will abide ( 1 Cor. 13:8,13).
2. Miraculous gifts will cease when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 13:10).
3. Faith, hope, and love will continue when that which is perfect comes ( 1 Cor. 10:13).
4. Hope can’t continue when Jesus comes because hope that is seen is not hope and Jesus will be seen (Romans 8:24).
5. So, that which is perfect can’t be Jesus’ coming because then hope would not abide.
6. Therefore, that which is perfect must come after the time Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
7. Therefore, miracles must cease sometime after Paul writes and before Jesus comes again.
8. This was going to happen when the “unity of the faith” came ( Eph. 4:13).
9. The “unity of the faith” came after John wrote the book of Revelation ( Rev. 22:18,19).
10. Miraculous gifts ended after John wrote the book of Revelation. Now that you see that miracles have ceased and the fact that you didn'tknow the true definition of a miracle and now you do, my next question is what does speaking in tongues mean to you? I'm curious if you know what speaking in tongues really means.
You have FEAR of a devil.

Live and learn from history ... or NOT.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book …Witch Hunts, by Robert Rapley …Published 2007 comes the following…

What went wrong in Bamberg? Underlying everything that happened was a desperate fear of the power of the Devil, combined with a general belief that this power was being exercised through the witches. Without this fear, the overriding impulse to stamp out the contagion would not have been present. What triggered a fear of the Devil in this case seems to have been a crop failure, a local disaster during a period of disasters.

Prince George, Canada

#499757 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> Homosexuality is such a terrible sin,
People with your mindset were the reason homosexuals were imprisoned, tortured and put to death.

You have NO remorse for such behavior because you are still in a mindset to DEFEND the behavior as ordained by a god.

What a shame!!!

Prince George, Canada

#499758 Dec 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HE will return FROM HEAVEN .
"Within the stupidity of theology" Jews faithful to Judaism, don't GO to the illusory Christian heaven ... so they have no way of returning from heaven ... even though your imagination creates such illusion to please YOU.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499759 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text> Sir, that's not a definition of a miracle. A miracle is one that Jesus and the Apostles did, like raising the dead, making somebody that has never been able to speak or hear to suddenly hear, these are miracles..
A miracle, as the term is used in the Bible, is an act of God superseding or suspending a natural law. It must not be confused with a work of nature, which is an effect resulting from a natural law of God; neither should it be confused with a work of providence, which is an effect produced by a special act of God through natural means.- See more at: http://www.scripturessay.com/have-miracles-ce...

so of course that example that I gave was a miracle. the mustang was hydroplaning out of control, and would not have stopped until it hit something.

THE POWER OF PRAYER STOPPED THAT CAR FROM KILLING US.

Prince George, Canada

#499760 Dec 14, 2013
I suggest that the wealthy televangelist, Joyce Meyer is not watching her children starve to death.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Worry and worship are exact opposites, and we'd all be much happier if we learned to become worshippers instead of worriers. Worry opens the door for the devil

Joyce Meyer

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499761 Dec 14, 2013
So why are you believing in miracles when the bible tells us that miracles ceased when the last apostle died, 1. Miraculous gifts will cease, but faith, hope, and love will abide ( 1 Cor. 13:8,13).

why are you coc cultists changing the Word of God. this verse is futuristic, not in the past tense, since He has come once, and still to return as that verse indicates.

you are like hank, don't know much , do you?

and since the Bible says that God will and has placed Apostles in the Church and the Church is still here, then there are Apostles even today. I know that 4 a fact since the Lord told me that I am one.lol. the main requirement is that a person has to have seen the Resurrected Christ. I met that requirement in Jan 1965. then He has to be chosen, and I met that Requirement in March 1955

Prince George, Canada

#499762 Dec 14, 2013
“You know something? I liked myself before I had started studying on this because that’s something God had just worked in me the last seven years. And I didn’t start out liking myself. I didn’t like myself at all. But I’m telling you after I’ve studied this message, I’m so excited about me that I hardly know what to do.”

Joyce Meyer

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#499763 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>A miracle, as the term is used in the Bible, is an act of God superseding or suspending a natural law. It must not be confused with a work of nature, which is an effect resulting from a natural law of God; neither should it be confused with a work of providence, which is an effect produced by a special act of God through natural means.- See more at: http://www.scripturessay.com/have-miracles-ce...
so of course that example that I gave was a miracle. the mustang was hydroplaning out of control, and would not have stopped until it hit something.
THE POWER OF PRAYER STOPPED THAT CAR FROM KILLING US.
The truth:

miracle: force (literally or figuratively); specially, miraculous power (usually by implication, a miracle itself):--ability, abundance, meaning, might(-ily,-y,-y deed),(worker of) miracle(-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.

Prince George, Canada

#499764 Dec 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<THE POWER OF PRAYER STOPPED THAT CAR FROM KILLING US.
So those who don't pray have offended god and he allows the cars to kill them???

You are an idiot!

Prince George, Canada

#499765 Dec 14, 2013
I find it puzzling that so many people put Joyce Meyer on a pedestal as a preacher of truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

“Several years ago I found myself completely worn out from trying to fight the devil. I learned many ‘methods’ of spiritual warfare; however, they did not seem to be working ... I had fallen into the trap that many Christians fall into. I had the right teaching, but the wrong order ... I was feverishly applying methods I had learned — like fasting and prayer ... rebuking and resisting evil spirits ... empty formulas which wear us out and produce no results except maybe a sore throat”(The Word, The Name, The Blood, pp. 28, 32, 33).

Prince George, Canada

#499766 Dec 14, 2013
In order to believe that the self is fighting a devil, one has to first be a worshipper OF a devil.

Exorcisms in Protestant churches are becoming very popular. They caught the blight from the Catholics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Dr Banonator 56,175
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min DebraE 106,068
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 min ChromiuMan 6,080
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min RiccardoFire 44,958
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 20 min Al Capone 2,324
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min Buck Crick 445,906
I LOVE "Swing out Sister" lead singer Corinne D... 1 hr andet1987 3
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 9 hr akon mason 70
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr another viewer 971,759
More from around the web