Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653868 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#499680 Dec 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The Apostles never used instruments and neither has anyone in the New Testament for a reason, God authorized singing only so how does that have anything with isolating two verses for singing only. The problem is if you isolate it and ignore it you are adding to the bible and going against what God commands. This isn't some option by preference, it's a command from God. Listen, there's one true church that worships as God commands and that's the Church of Christ, and I'll be happy to prove it by any question you might have. God has told us how to baptize and what it means when we baptize, when to take the Lord's supper and when to give of our money which is every Lord's day. He has instructed us how to set up the church with the use of Elders, Deacons and what qualifications are required of them to fill these positions. Singing is authorized and instruments are not. Baptism is essential to one's salvation. This is what God commands in order to be the church of the bible, if your church doesn't do as God has commanded then your church is man made, teaching false doctrine and you and the rest of your members are lost. There is one church, just like one Lord,one faith and one baptism. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and then get baptized and know without a doubt you are saved.
Do you actually read the crap you post? You are in a cult, google it. Maybe the Apostles didn't have any instruments, are we suppose to do as the apostles did? Why did God change his mind from the old to the new about music? Are we not a Christian or saved if we play or hear an instrument? Is that what God cares about? Salvation is a free gift (Romans 5:15). A "gift" has no strings attached.

Seek out a support group of ex-members of the Church of Christ cult.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#499681 Dec 13, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
"Profitable" does not mean "sufficient".
You know the definition of "profitable" as used in the NT???

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499682 Dec 13, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To call the Lord "lord" is not the act of a Christian...... it is despicable.
Thanks for bring the Word of God to life!!! Quote: Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
mr weasel, it was a spelling error. but lets look at the Bible for our correction.

"The LORD said unto my[ lord], Sit thou at my right hand until
I make thine enemies thy footstool."

This Old Testament verse, from Psalm 110:1, is quoted in the New Testament no less than 22 times!(1)The Messianic significance attached to it by the New Testament writers demands our attention.
It is unfortunate that the translators of the KJV clouded the meaning of David's words by assigning an upper case "L" to that second "lord" in the verse. This "lapse" has unfortunate complications for those who are unable to read the Hebrew text themselves. It fails to follow the normally expected "translators' convention" which uses an upper case "L" to distinguish between two quite different Hebrew words, one of which always refers to God, and the other of which never refers to God. The error has been perpetuated by some later versions (NKJV, NASB, NIV), but has been recognised and corrected, by several others (RSV, NRSV, NEB). That upper case "L" has led many to misuse the verse as a Trinitarian "proof text." However, as we shall see, that is not the intention of the verse at all.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#499683 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Begging your pardon. I guess you were lying to "Working for the Lord" rather than to me.
Thank you!
Sarcasm intended.
June

Either/or....Maybe both, maybe neither....

Suppose and guess all you want....

Your welcome!

I listen to you. Do you ever listen to me?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499684 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text> We are not talking about comfort friend, we are talking about the most important part of why we go to church,which is worshipping our Heavenly Father his way, the way he commands. Let me ask you a question, are you saying that Ephesians 5;19 and Colossians 3;16 are not commands for singing in worship. The very reason for not using instruments is the fact is that God wants to hear the purest form of our soul possible, and that can only be accomplished without the use of man made instruments I can assure you that no heating and electricity will have the city building inspector wanting to know why your building isn't up to code,,so your reasons are terribly flawed. Jesus and the Apostles never used instruments and neither did the church,,so to now say it's ok is to say it without authorization from God. This is the New Testament era and how God commands us to worship him is for us to obey him.
No you missed the,point ...MAKE A,JOYFUL NOISE,..

You honestly think God cannot hear your voice if there,is,music??

Limiting God to using only one Church. Only one way of praise,ISlimiting God's,ability to spread HIS,word through us,..by the,leading of the,HOLY Spirit

He knows the hairs,on your head ...

You do what you want ..I'm.just saying ..of all the possible ways,we,offend,God ..Instrumentation is,NOT mentioned,..in fact GOD seemed to approve of David and,HIS,HARP..
And to tell people,first off they have to join your Church..And,that we offend God with instruments is,in my opinion preaching ..in error ..And you ate,on the internet which Jesus,never spoke,of either ..if it's,forbidden we,ars,all in trouble,

God,also said Eat ..But he didn't mention swallowing either ....

He,actually never said,o build ANY BUILDINGS,FOR WORSHIP as,far as,I know ....

Sacramento, CA

#499685 Dec 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No you missed the,point ...MAKE A,JOYFUL NOISE,..
You honestly think God cannot hear your voice if there,is,music??
Limiting God to using only one Church. Only one way of praise,ISlimiting God's,ability to spread HIS,word through us,..by the,leading of the,HOLY Spirit
He knows the hairs,on your head ...
You do what you want ..I'm.just saying ..of all the possible ways,we,offend,God ..Instrumentation is,NOT mentioned,..in fact GOD seemed to approve of David and,HIS,HARP..
And to tell people,first off they have to join your Church..And,that we offend God with instruments is,in my opinion preaching ..in error ..And you ate,on the internet which Jesus,never spoke,of either ..if it's,forbidden we,ars,all in trouble,
God,also said Eat ..But he didn't mention swallowing either ....
He,actually never said,o build ANY BUILDINGS,FOR WORSHIP as,far as,I know ....
Well said, are we suppose to eat what the apostles ate? And are we suppose to eat and not talk? And the apostles had unpleasant endings in their lives, are we suppose to die as a martyr to? What did they eat? Ocassionaly they probably ate insects, goats and sheep. No thanks. LOL
Liam

Detroit, MI

#499686 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text> We are not talking about comfort friend, we are talking about the most important part of why we go to church,which is worshipping our Heavenly Father his way, the way he commands. Let me ask you a question, are you saying that Ephesians 5;19 and Colossians 3;16 are not commands for singing in worship. The very reason for not using instruments is the fact is that God wants to hear the purest form of our soul possible, and that can only be accomplished without the use of man made instruments I can assure you that no heating and electricity will have the city building inspector wanting to know why your building isn't up to code,,so your reasons are terribly flawed. Jesus and the Apostles never used instruments and neither did the church,,so to now say it's ok is to say it without authorization from God. This is the New Testament era and how God commands us to worship him is for us to obey him.
How do you know Jesus and the Apostles didn't use musical instruments? I know its not recorded in the Bible, but we know they were devout Jews and familiar with Psalm 150, so its not entirely unreasonable to think they at least accepted instruments. I don't think the point of Ephesians and Colossians was to ban musical instruments anyway.

And singing capella doesn't guarantee its from 'the purest part of your soul'. How much you wanna bet half your congregation is day dreaming through it?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#499687 Dec 13, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Do you actually read the crap you post? You are in a cult, google it. Maybe the Apostles didn't have any instruments, are we suppose to do as the apostles did? Why did God change his mind from the old to the new about music? Are we not a Christian or saved if we play or hear an instrument? Is that what God cares about? Salvation is a free gift (Romans 5:15). A "gift" has no strings attached.
Seek out a support group of ex-members of the Church of Christ cult.
But no prohibition against string instruments!!!:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#499688 Dec 13, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Well said, are we suppose to eat what the apostles ate? And are we suppose to eat and not talk? And the apostles had unpleasant endings in their lives, are we suppose to die as a martyr to? What did they eat? Ocassionaly they probably ate insects, goats and sheep. No thanks. LOL
What heart we,worship.with matters,more than laws,..rituals,..instruments,o r not ..dogma,building we are,in ..name on the building ..past or ...no church ..wherever whenever we worship GOD,LOOKS,AT US,'''our belief ..our relationship WITH HIM.

is,my voice singing to the,hymn on tv any less,flat ..no ..if is,from.my heart ...ITS,MY ANTHEM TO HIM.

Location hidden

#499689 Dec 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>mr weasel, it was a spelling error. but lets look at the Bible for our correction.
It is unfortunate that the translators of the KJV clouded the meaning of David's words by assigning an upper case "L" to that second "lord" in the verse. This "lapse" has unfortunate complications for those who are unable to read the Hebrew text themselves. It fails to follow the normally expected "translators' convention" which uses an upper case "L" to distinguish between two quite different Hebrew words, one of which always refers to God, and the other of which never refers to God. The error has been perpetuated by some later versions (NKJV, NASB, NIV), but has been recognised and corrected, by several others (RSV, NRSV, NEB). That upper case "L" has led many to misuse the verse as a Trinitarian "proof text." However, as we shall see, that is not the intention of the verse at all.
now I wonder why it is correct for David to call Him, "adonee" translated to mean "my Master. and don't confuse this word to mean Adonai. they are to different words.

so Legally and Biblically, I can use the word [lord ]as He is my Master.

I remember how much of a weasel you were when my granddaughter didn't use a Capital God when she testified to her friends

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#499690 Dec 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>now I wonder why it is correct for David to call Him, "adonee" translated to mean "my Master. and don't confuse this word to mean Adonai. they are to different words.
so Legally and Biblically, I can use the word [lord ]as He is my Master.
I remember how much of a weasel you were when my granddaughter didn't use a Capital God when she testified to her friends
Got my message??

Sacramento, CA

#499691 Dec 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What heart we,worship.with matters,more than laws,..rituals,..instruments,o r not ..dogma,building we are,in ..name on the building ..past or ...no church ..wherever whenever we worship GOD,LOOKS,AT US,'''our belief ..our relationship WITH HIM.
is,my voice singing to the,hymn on tv any less,flat ..no ..if is,from.my heart ...ITS,MY ANTHEM TO HIM.
Amen RoSesz
Yes God looks at our heart, Jesus came to set us free. Thank you Riccardo

Location hidden

#499692 Dec 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Got my message??
yes, I read it and wrote to her also. thanks

Location hidden

#499693 Dec 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>mr weasel, it was a spelling error. but lets look at the Bible for our correction.
according to the Jewish Masoretic text, the verse translates exactly the same as I posted, using the lower case letter l as in lord..

so mr weasel, squirm a little, you couldn't find anything wrong with my post except that spelling error which actually isn't an error.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499694 Dec 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hate to break it to you but God says that we are to worship Him in Spirit and truth. there are NO commandments that we are not to use musical instruments in the Bible, yet you continue to show that you are a satanic follower.
Sir ,there are no commandments that we are not to use instruments because WE HAVE VERSES TELLING US TO SING ONLY ,so why would there be verses to that. fact. Sir do you believe in miracles, and exactly what is your definition of a miracle.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#499695 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Secular apocalypticism[edit]
UFO Religions[edit]
A UFO Religion sometimes features an anticipated end-time in which extraterrestrial beings will bring about a radical change on Earth or lift the religious believers to a higher plane of existence. One such religious group's failed expectations of such an event served as the basis for the classic social psychology study When Prophecy Fails.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypticism#A...
What time are they coming back for you?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499696 Dec 13, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, how silly to think with everything going on today that the final judgement would be if we were involved in a musical instrument. It's laughable and pathetic at the same time. It shows the Church of Christ is really not that.
The bible commands us to sing, Ephesians 5;19 and Colossians 3;,then why would there be a need to tell us not to use instruments by putting that in the bible if the bible already tells us to sing. The logic is, it wouldn't. Do you think God lacks common sense, I don' t and that's the reason why it's not necessary to say that instruments are not authorized as singing is..

Location hidden

#499697 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text> Sir ,there are no commandments that we are not to use instruments because WE HAVE VERSES TELLING US TO SING ONLY ,so why would there be verses to that. fact. Sir do you believe in miracles, and exactly what is your definition of a miracle.
then take water again(like hank does) and show us where the word [only] is in those two verses that you use. BTW, the devil uses Scripture to prove his point too and like you he adds or takes away from WHAT IS REALLY SAID.

glad that you had to admit that there are no Commandments forbidding musical instruments and that only comes from your cult.

Location hidden

#499698 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text> Sir ,there are no commandments that we are not to use instruments because WE HAVE VERSES TELLING US TO SING ONLY ,so why would there be verses to that. fact. Sir do you believe in miracles, and exactly what is your definition of a miracle.
Of course, I believe in miracles. the Biggest is when god Saves a person and changes their live around. my neighbor went to church one night with his wife and he was as drunk as could be. and he went to the altar that night drunk, and stood up sober and never drank again. I gave this testimony a few weeks ago as I had just been Saved a few weeks and I pulled out and a mustang ran the red light and was about to hit me, and I said Lord help us, the car stopped a few feet from me, and I wish YOU could have seen the look on that mans face. as he was wondering what kept him from killing me but I knew what Happened. the Lord saved my life that rainy day.PS< hadn't been baptized in water yet either, even tho I had Been Baptized by the Holy Ghost.

people like you and Hank will never see any miracles in your lives or others. you need to get Saved first.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#499699 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He's got your Gnostic indoctrinated self to LEAD him on Jesus' anti-Jewish path.
:)
Oh - you mean Jehovah?

This text shows Jesus explaining his belief - the one he supposedly attempted to teach to others.

Thia intro does seem to have a Jewish Kabbalah influence.....

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...

1 The teaching [of the Savi]or and the re[vel]ation of the mysteries [together with the things] hidden in silence a[nd those (things) w]hich he taught to Joh[n, his dis]ciple.

2 [Now] it happened one [d]ay when John [the brother] of James, the so[n]s of Ze[bed]ee, was going up to the temple, a [Pha]risee named Arimanios [appr]oached him. And he said to him, "Where is your teacher, the one whom you used to follow?"

I [said] to him, "He returned to the pla[ce] from which he came." The Pharisee [said to me, "This Nazorene] deceived you (pl.) with error. He filled [your (pl.) ears with lies], and he shut [your hearts. He turned you (pl.)] from the tradi[tions of your fathers."

When I, John,] heard] these things,[I turned] from the temp[le to a mountainous and desert place] and I grieved [greatly in my heart, asking] "How [was the Savior appointed?"] and "Why was he sent [into the world] by h[is father? Who is his] father who [sent him? And of what sort] is [that] aeon [to which we will go?] For what did he slay about it? He told us] that the aeon to which [we will go is mo]deled on the [indestructible] aeon,[but he did not tea]ch us abou[t what sort] the latter is.]"

3 Just th[en, while I was thinking these things, behold the [heavens opened, and] the [whole] crea[tion] below the heaven [was] illumi­nated. And [the world] quaked.

[I] was [afraid and behold] in the light [I] saw [a child stand]ing by me. When I sa[w him, he becam] e like an old person and he shifted hi]s semblance, becoming like a servant. These (semblances) before me were not multiple beings but there was only a (single)[li]keness [having] many forms in the lig[ht]. And the [semblances] appeared through each other, a[nd] the [semblan]ce had three forms.

[He] said to me, "John, Jo[h]n, why do you doubt and why [are you] fearful? Are [you] are a stranger to this likeness?—This is to say, do not [be] faint[hea]rted! I am the one who [dwells with you (pl.)] al­ways. I [am the Father. I am] the Mother. I am the So[n]. I am the one who is undefiled and unpolluted.

[Now I have come to teach] you what exists [and what has come into being an]d what must [come into being so that you will under­stand the] things which are not apparent [and those which are appar­ent, and to teach] you about the [immovable] genera[tion of] the perfe[ct Human.

N]ow [then lift up] your [face so that] you will [receive] the things that [I will teach you] today [and you will tell them to your fellow] spirits who c[ome from the immovable] generation of the perfect Hu­man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 63,641
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 973,736
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 281,849
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 21 min Jess 728
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min New Age Spiritual... 618,733
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 53 min Annaleigh 106,488
Romantic Sensual Touch Massage & Prostate Massage 1 hr RUBY Abudhabi 6
More from around the web