Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641648 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#499657 Dec 13, 2013
Secular apocalypticism[edit]

UFO Religions[edit]

A UFO Religion sometimes features an anticipated end-time in which extraterrestrial beings will bring about a radical change on Earth or lift the religious believers to a higher plane of existence. One such religious group's failed expectations of such an event served as the basis for the classic social psychology study When Prophecy Fails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypticism#A...
Liam

Detroit, MI

#499658 Dec 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So your Church uses,only candle light during services,.
No heating in winter from electricity .
AND,you are,not PREACHING on the internet ..
AND your bible verses,come from scrolls,. Not the internet ..
Jesus,said,NOTHING about a lot of things,. I'm sure,HE KNEW what services,would be like when He instructed the apostles,..he did NOT SAYDO NOT EVER USE AN INSTRUMENT WITH YOUR
SINGING ...or any of the,above I've mentioned ..
I am sure,He,knew,..would have said,NO ..HEal card The songs,off David . Good enough for me ...
He,wants,our voices,and mostly our hearts,in praise ...
Wow good point Rose. Does the coc use electricity? I know the Apostles didn't.

The way I see it, we're supposed to use all our talents for God. A person is obligated to play the pipe organ before the Lord if God gave him that gift. Right?

Terrace, Canada

#499659 Dec 13, 2013
Most modern eschatology and apocalypticism, both religious and secular, involve the violent disruption or destruction of the world; whereas Christian and Jewish eschatologies view the end times as the consummation or perfection of God's creation of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499660 Dec 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Sir the Churches of Christ hates no one and to say that is so childish. The bible tells us that if you are not a member of the true church of the bible and if you do not worship according to God's way then you are lost, it's as simple as that. Romans 16;16,Matthew 16;18, Acts 2;37-40, Ephesians 5;19,Colossians 3;16,Mark16;16 .
Working for the Lord

Peace

But what if Jesus says, "You don't have to be a member of a church of the Bible, and you don't have to worship God according to the Bible, you just need to believe in me, have faith, hope and love..." Then are we not found, and not lost?

It is one thing to depend on the Bible for guidance, but it is better to depend on the Holy Spirit for Guidance in the matters that are spiritual, and transcend our understanding.

When a person places more value on understanding the Bible, instead of having a personal relationship with God, through His Son, and guided by the Holy Spirit, it then begins a process of idolatry of the mind....

Your experience of "brotherhood" and "sisterhood" within the CoC may be bond which holds you, rather than helping you to a personal relationship with God. Most churches have to some degree that bonding. Apparently, to me, the CoC, due to its discipline, and rigorous interpretation of the Bible, has a rather strong bond....Am I right?

Do you see and hear what I am writing to you? I am not writing this to be offensive, but I know, it is rather intrusive to your belief system. Yet I think these are valid questions which bear scrutiny in the light of eternal consequences....

Peace

Terrace, Canada

#499661 Dec 13, 2013
There is no doubt that Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the world will be perfected for THEIR use after the "apocalypse" occurs.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#499662 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text> Sir the Churches of Christ hates no one and to say that is so childish. The bible tells us that if you are not a member of the true church of the bible and if you do not worship according to God's way then you are lost, it's as simple as that. Romans 16;16,Matthew 16;18, Acts 2;37-40, Ephesians 5;19,Colossians 3;16,Mark16;16 .
This might be one of the most ignorant posts I have recently read on this forum. The Bible tells you, according to "Working for the Lord", quote, "if you are not a member of the true church of the bible and if you do not worship according to God's way then you are lost," End quote.

Your statement is to be saved a person must be a member of "THE TRUE CHURCH OF THE BIBLE"? Are you completely out of your mind?

Church membership has absolute NOTHING to do with salvation. NOTHING!!!!!

Then you go on to quote the following verses as a defense for your ridiculous statement. What do these verses have to do with church membership?

Romans 16:16, "Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you."

Matthew 16:18, "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Acts 2:37-40, 37 "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."

Colossians 3:16, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Liam

Detroit, MI

#499663 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text> The Apostles never used instruments and neither has anyone in the New Testament for a reason, God authorized singing only so how does that have anything with isolating two verses for singing only. The problem is if you isolate it and ignore it you are adding to the bible and going against what God commands. This isn't some option by preference, it's a command from God. Listen, there's one true church that worships as God commands and that's the Church of Christ, and I'll be happy to prove it by any question you might have. God has told us how to baptize and what it means when we baptize, when to take the Lord's supper and when to give of our money which is every Lord's day. He has instructed us how to set up the church with the use of Elders, Deacons and what qualifications are required of them to fill these positions. Singing is authorized and instruments are not. Baptism is essential to one's salvation. This is what God commands in order to be the church of the bible, if your church doesn't do as God has commanded then your church is man made, teaching false doctrine and you and the rest of your members are lost. There is one church, just like one Lord,one faith and one baptism. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and then get baptized and know without a doubt you are saved.
Show me where God commands that we are NOT to use musical instruments. I know the Apostles didn't specifically talk about music.....I get that. When they were writing their epistles, Christians were scrambling for their lives. I'm sure putting an add in the paper for some harp players wasn't first on their minds.

And you are right, there is only one Church. The Universal Church of Christ with one faith and one fold as Christ can only have one bride.

Terrace, Canada

#499664 Dec 13, 2013
Eschatologies vary as to their degree of optimism or pessimism about the future. In some eschatologies, conditions are better for some and worse for others, e.g. "heaven and hell".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#499665 Dec 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So your Church uses,only candle light during services,.
No heating in winter from electricity .
AND,you are,not PREACHING on the internet ..
AND your bible verses,come from scrolls,. Not the internet ..
Jesus,said,NOTHING about a lot of things,. I'm sure,HE KNEW what services,would be like when He instructed the apostles,..he did NOT SAYDO NOT EVER USE AN INSTRUMENT WITH YOUR
SINGING ...or any of the,above I've mentioned ..
I am sure,He,knew,..would have said,NO ..HEal card The songs,off David . Good enough for me ...
He,wants,our voices,and mostly our hearts,in praise ...
We are not talking about comfort friend, we are talking about the most important part of why we go to church,which is worshipping our Heavenly Father his way, the way he commands. Let me ask you a question, are you saying that Ephesians 5;19 and Colossians 3;16 are not commands for singing in worship. The very reason for not using instruments is the fact is that God wants to hear the purest form of our soul possible, and that can only be accomplished without the use of man made instruments I can assure you that no heating and electricity will have the city building inspector wanting to know why your building isn't up to code,,so your reasons are terribly flawed. Jesus and the Apostles never used instruments and neither did the church,,so to now say it's ok is to say it without authorization from God. This is the New Testament era and how God commands us to worship him is for us to obey him.

Terrace, Canada

#499666 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Working for the Lord
Peace
But what if Jesus says, "You don't have to be a member of a church of the Bible, and you don't have to worship God according to the Bible, you just need to believe in me, have faith, hope and love..." Then are we not found, and not lost?
It is one thing to depend on the Bible for guidance, but it is better to depend on the Holy Spirit for Guidance in the matters that are spiritual, and transcend our understanding.
When a person places more value on understanding the Bible, instead of having a personal relationship with God, through His Son, and guided by the Holy Spirit, it then begins a process of idolatry of the mind....
Your experience of "brotherhood" and "sisterhood" within the CoC may be bond which holds you, rather than helping you to a personal relationship with God. Most churches have to some degree that bonding. Apparently, to me, the CoC, due to its discipline, and rigorous interpretation of the Bible, has a rather strong bond....Am I right?
Do you see and hear what I am writing to you? I am not writing this to be offensive, but I know, it is rather intrusive to your belief system. Yet I think these are valid questions which bear scrutiny in the light of eternal consequences....
Peace
Go lie to others for a change.

Terrace, Canada

#499667 Dec 13, 2013
Hindu eschatology

Main article: Hindu eschatology

Contemporary Hindu eschatology is linked in the Vaishnavite tradition to the figure of Kalki, the tenth and last avatar of Vishnu before the age draws to a close who will reincarnate as Shiva simultaneously dissolves and regenerates the universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology#Budd...

Terrace, Canada

#499668 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Working for the Lord
Peace
Peace
Begging your pardon. I guess you were lying to "Working for the Lord" rather than to me.

Thank you!

Sarcasm intended.

Terrace, Canada

#499669 Dec 13, 2013
66–70 CE Simon bar Giora, Essenes The Essene sect of Jewish ascetics saw the Jewish revolt against the Romans in 66–70 as the final end-time battle. By the authority of Simon, coins were minted declaring the redemption of Zion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_pr...

Terrace, Canada

#499670 Dec 13, 2013
375–400 CE Martin of Tours Stated that the world would end before 400, writing, "There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after reaching maturity, achieve supreme power."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_pr ...

Terrace, Canada

#499671 Dec 13, 2013
In case you are interested in what the terminology time-wise means, here is the explanation.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

B.C., which stands for "Before Christ," is used to date events before the birth of Jesus. A.D. is the abbreviation for the Latin phrase anno Domini, which means "in the year of our Lord," and is used for dates after Jesus's birth. This system of dating has been used for many years by Western archaeologists. Today, however, with a growing understanding that not all archaeologists are Christians, some archaeologists prefer to use the terms: Before the Common Era (B.C.E.) and the Common Era (C.E.), which are exactly the same as B.C. and A.D. but have nothing to do with Christianity.

http://www.digonsite.com/drdig/general/53.htm...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499672 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text> We are not talking about comfort friend, we are talking about the most important part of why we go to church,which is worshipping our Heavenly Father his way, the way he commands. Let me ask you a question, are you saying that Ephesians 5;19 and Colossians 3;16 are not commands for singing in worship. The very reason for not using instruments is the fact is that God wants to hear the purest form of our soul possible, and that can only be accomplished without the use of man made instruments I can assure you that no heating and electricity will have the city building inspector wanting to know why your building isn't up to code,,so your reasons are terribly flawed. Jesus and the Apostles never used instruments and neither did the church,,so to now say it's ok is to say it without authorization from God. This is the New Testament era and how God commands us to worship him is for us to obey him.
hate to break it to you but God says that we are to worship Him in Spirit and truth. there are NO commandments that we are not to use musical instruments in the Bible, yet you continue to show that you are a satanic follower.

Terrace, Canada

#499673 Dec 13, 2013
Past many, many predictions of the supposed apocalypse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_pr...

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#499674 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet if given a chance, you'd be willing to convert me to the "REAL TRUTH" in a flash ... wouldn't you???
:)
June VanDerMark

Thanks again for stating how confused you are on the subject. Being a believer in Christ, I'm not a hater of your religion, atheism. Be free to follow it freely and with your hate for others that don't buy into the puddle of crud theory. I can't convert anyone to the real Truth, Only God can do that. All I can do is pray that you will no longer be blind to the truth.

Riccardo

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#499675 Dec 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what I said on this post came from the heart and there is no lie in any of it.
atemcowboy wrote:
as a Ordained Minister called by God to preach His Word, I loved to Preach and see people respond and give their life to the lord.
saying that, I can say honestly, that I have seen people often come and give their life to the Lord after hearing Blessed singers, singing in the Spirit and God Blessing.
so naturally , you will see objections from people that belong to the cults like coc.the devil doesn't want to see people use the talents that God has given them to bring people to God.
the Christian that loves the Lord, wishes to see people come to the Lord, and it doesn't matter if it is me, gif, Blessed singers, or the testimonies of the Church, that God uses.
the ONLY important thing is that People get Saved, by whatever means. and there are no shortcuts. I saw someone speak of a person NOT having to walk the aisle up to the altar to get Saved and this is the Truth. I have seen people get Saved, before they got to the Altar, and they still are in church, the wife got saved. the daughter got saved, her BF got Saved and NOW Pastors a Church in our Denomination.
It is the heart, not your location in the building, nor some horse trough. the heart and the heart only ,that brings a person to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. ROMANS 10.10 proves that the coc is not a church approved by God, since their doctrine doesn't agree with what God says.
saw what you disapproved of. in my rush, I didn't capitalize the word Lord.
I would hate to be a miserable little weasel like you.
To call the Lord "lord" is not the act of a Christian...... it is despicable.

Thanks for bring the Word of God to life!!! Quote: Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#499676 Dec 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hate to break it to you but God says that we are to worship Him in Spirit and truth. there are NO commandments that we are not to use musical instruments in the Bible, yet you continue to show that you are a satanic follower.
I agree, how silly to think with everything going on today that the final judgement would be if we were involved in a musical instrument. It's laughable and pathetic at the same time. It shows the Church of Christ is really not that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 min ChromiuMan 6,057
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 6 min Porkchop911 24
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min It aint necessari... 38,314
Do you want to earn $0,00025 from each your web... 23 min Juara ads 9
girl whats your fetish (Jul '12) 1 hr Iva 12
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Just Think 104,725
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 618,409
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,405
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Aerobatty 969,985
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 3 hr Paul is dead 4,135
More from around the web