Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675486 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#499606 Dec 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still inserting the word Catholic (anywhere and everywhere) in the bible (especially in the book of Revelations) and "where-ever and when-ever" it fits your anti-catholic bible only distorted and perverted agenda!....... False prophets (as you say) began over 2000 years ago and have reached its highest level now in the 21st century, which mostly is attributed to the Protestant Reformation and all of the "self-appointed (contradicting) Protestant bible only "fundies" now at (42,100 inconsistent "relative truth" denominations)!!..... ALL of who claim to possess the Truth and ALL of which cannot agree on "anything" when it comes to the TRUE interpretation of the bible ---ACCEPT attacking, and condemning the ONE PROVEN AND AUTHENTICATED TRUTH that Jesus Christ Himself gave us over 2000 years, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church. There is ONLY One Truth---not 42,100+ bible only hodge-podge of personal opinonated truths.------Paul in his letter to Timothy confirms the TRUTH in I Timothy 3:15 where he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.!!!
The definition of "church" per Scripture dooes not define any denomination/s, the Catholic being the largest denomination in the USA:

a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

#499607 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods R Delusions
Peace
Facts....You need to elucidate your religious beliefs in so called "facts".
Facts are subject to bias, and fallacy. Most modern theories are for the sake of professors keeping the jobs and money flowing in....What part of the spectrum of facts do you believe?
Peace
Facts can be tested. Religion cannot be tested.

Events can be predicted based on facts. Religion has never predicted events (except in hindsight which is always 20/20)

Facts can be proven in a court of law. There is no proof of any religion accepted in any Western court of law. Islamic courts if you prefer, but not in our society.

Hello?

What modern theories do you believe are for the benefit of professors keeping their jobs?

The theory of Gravity maybe?

How about modern medicine. 10 to 1 you use those facts instead of prayer only when you are sick.

Not THAT's a fact you can't deny.

Peace.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499608 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. You just stated that he was one of your "favorite" authors. However, you are convinced that he IS a saint ... deserving of sainthood ... aren't you Robert???
After all, in your fuzzy brain, he did lead the Catholic revolution against Judaism, that in turn put an end to the lives of many, many Jews.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?
The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
June

Generally speaking, most early Christians, were Jews, and then it spread in the Roman Empire to the pagans.

A couple hundred years is not a long time, in terms of communicating back in those times.

Consider Protestantism is still trying to call Christians out of the RCC. But of course, Antioch of old times, was a different time and place. I am not one for profaning another person's worship space. But having a dual identity, of being Jewish and Christian, that is attending both the Synagogue, and Church, probably had complexities we don't face today. And John Chrysostom probably felt it better to make a break between them. That is looking with historically rose colored glasses back to their times and events....

Orlando, FL

#499609 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
And if you had studied theology, you wouldn't think the way you do.(smiles)
It is just a little to bizarre....
Consider that even faithful Jews, could relate to Jesus, if they were searching for the Truth. Nicodemus comes to mind, when he came after dark, not to be seen by others. And of course Gamaliel, in the book of Acts, was among the more intelligent, and understanding(though he did not give up his roots, was in sympathy with the Apostles in their pursuit of Truth).
One becomes a traitor by default, in religion, when they stop seeking Truth, or stop others from seeking Truth.
So don't stop people from seeking Truth, dear June.... I enjoy your persistence, though sometimes misplaced.
You know nothing about the faith of Jews. I doubt if you have ever spoken with a Jew about their faith. You obviously haven't attempted any serious study, outside what others say Jews believed then and now.

You make things up to fit your delusions and bias.

Creepy.

Orlando, FL

#499610 Dec 13, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a follower of the word of God- given both orally and written from the Apostles. I'm not interested in your interpretations of sacred scripture. Its the word of Hank not the word of God. Its not authoritative sir. I'm sorry, I know you truly mean well, but I can't entertain it. I'm a bit troubled that you'd say its a sin to play an organ before God... as if God gets mad at that?? Bizarre your 'church of Christ' is.
What does god say about those who harm the little children who come to him?
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499611 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot.
The mother of Jesus (within your own Catholic theology) was of the Jewish faith. And that is how she raised her son ... to be faithful TO JUDAISM.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
From the book Signs & Symbols in Christian Art
The Purification
Mary, the mother of Christ , being of the Israelite faith, obeyed the law.
June

Mary, the mother of Jesus was indeed a practicing Israelite, but she was faithful to her Son....

I am slow. What is your excuse?(smiles)

Do you think I am looking for an American Messiah, or are you looking for a Canadian Messiah?
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#499612 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The hair-flipping, dim-witted Protestant, Ann Coulter, preaches in mega-churches that she has the fast-track to heaven ... while the Unfortunate Jews that NEED "perfecting" still have to live under "God's" law.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2wnPHFSdrMEXX
June.After you admitted last night that you are a self-confessed Atheist,I thought the whole over.My head didn't hit the pillow till 2am.before I figured it out.

You have absolutely no idea of what the meaning of religion or anything you are talking about.

Ann Coulter is 'hot' and sexy so her views are ok.

But at your age you should know better than putting down people's belifes.

Sure,you quote all the great men and women of history.Many of them were very wise and nodoubt some of the best minds the human race ever knew.

But one thing they all had in common is that they are all dead.
And they may find a reality quite different than they expected.

I belive in a living Christ in Heaven at the seat of God about to return.

You belive in the dust of history's grave.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#499613 Dec 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I must share this with you...
I can't say that god gave a revelation in this event but recently at a ROMAN CATHOLIC
CHURCH near by..... This happened..
One of the congregants received a message that effected the whole church
I am not sure what was transpiring at the time, but a man there received a definite revelation. I realty don't believe it was divinely instigated though...
The sound of the braying of a donkey...was heard.... loudly resounding across the edifice
breaking the solicitude pomp and pride of the whole ritualistic scene......
I guess the parishioners thought for an sec..... that ST JENNY
THE DONKEY ....
THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE CARRIED MARY
TO BETHLEHEM ,...HAD FINALLY SPOKEN...
The revelation was...
that a farmer had forgotten to turn OFF his cell phone ...
I have that sound on my cell phone.lol. but as far as clay is concerned, I was looking for something and saw a couple of post to him/
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499614 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Jews with their one-god dogma believed that by correcting the Jews that believed in multiple gods, they reformed Judaism.
Catholics believed that they "reformed" all of Judaism.
Martin Luther believed he "reformed" Catholicism.
And Wicca believes it reformed all other religions by pretending it is an inclusive religion.
And so it goes.
With all this reforming going on century after century, everybody should now BE totally reformed ... but it just AIN'T SO!
As long as religion exists, the reformation in one form or another will continue on and on and on with it's intentions to always reform and never learn that religion is simply based on mythical self-induced apparitions.
June

Let them all believe whatever they want and desire, the Truth is not changing, and not based on cognitive or memory biases, nor on fallacy. Modern science is more akin to magic, and slight of hand, than to reality.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#499615 Dec 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn it....those are sure alot of efforts by a person to do.
You must mean Self, huh?
Maybe you should post the statements by Jesus that reflects what you state above to keep you and others honest enough to admit you are following Jesus and not some "false teacher".
Whatcha got?
He's got your Gnostic indoctrinated self to LEAD him on Jesus' anti-Jewish path.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#499616 Dec 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
as a Ordained Minister called by God to preach His Word, I loved to Preach and see people respond and give their life to the lord.
saying that, I can say honestly, that I have seen people often come and give their life to the Lord after hearing Blessed singers, singing in the Spirit and God Blessing.
so naturally , you will see objections from people that belong to the cults like coc.the devil doesn't want to see people use the talents that God has given them to bring people to God.
the Christian that loves the Lord, wishes to see people come to the Lord, and it doesn't matter if it is me, gif, Blessed singers, or the testimonies of the Church, that God uses.
the ONLY important thing is that People get Saved, by whatever means. and there are no shortcuts. I saw someone speak of a person NOT having to walk the aisle up to the altar to get Saved and this is the Truth. I have seen people get Saved, before they got to the Altar, and they still are in church, the wife got saved. the daughter got saved, her BF got Saved and NOW Pastors a Church in our Denomination.
It is the heart, not your location in the building, nor some horse trough. the heart and the heart only ,that brings a person to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. ROMANS 10.10 proves that the coc is not a church approved by God, since their doctrine doesn't agree with what God says.

~~~

YOU ARE RIGHT...

IN THE FIRST ICE BOX CHURCH WHERE MANY ARE COLD AND FEW ARE FROZEN...

THEIR PREACHERS SPENDS MORE TIME ON THE GOLF COURSE THAT THEY SPENDS IN THE WORD,,

THEY SPEND MORE TIME SIMONIZING THAN SERMONIZING.

ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW GOOD THEY ARE..

THEY WONT PREACH THE TRUTH ....CAUSE IT WILL CUT THEIR
SALARY AND CAUSE THEM TO LOSE THEIR MANSE AND EXPENSIVE AUTOMOBILES.

I wouldn't give a plug nickle for a sermon that doesn't tell me what I need and can do to get closer to God..

I have no use for and cut and dried sermons...
~~~~

I heard a about a preacher ...ONCE

His sermon was so dry ..when a wisp of wind

blew his notes out the window ..

into the adjacent cow pasture.. and the farmers cow ate them

old Bossy went dry...as a chip...no more milk and butter...

A real move of God might help in some ways...
For some it just might just scare the devil out of them...

For others ...they are so dead..that they would have to ring the

church bell at the close of the service to see which one has died.

If these "mossy backs" ever make it to heaven, they will spend eternity trying to find a place where they can throw their cigarette butt
or spit out their chewing tobacco ..
Liam

Detroit, MI

#499617 Dec 13, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> No my friend, he isn't right on the instrument use.I want you to truly listen to what you just said as authorization for the use of instruments over scripture, such as, Ephesians 5;19,Colossians 3;16 ,you have just told someone that it's ok to add instruments over the word of God, and here's what you said[,You're right on musical instruments and he's recklessly wrong. Its a sin NOT to use ones musical ability for worship. God gave musicians the talent, they are obligated to use it for worship.] What right do you have over scripture that authorizes singing only for you to blatantly tell someone that it's ok to use instruments , you actually have NONE. It's people like you on why we have thousands and thousands of man made churches come about, because what ever feels good is ok, friend you and others are the cause for false doctrine being used and have caused many, including yourself to be eternally lost by playing God instead of going according to scripture. I gave you scripture, you gave me your feelings ,which one do you really believe to be correct in the eyes of God?
Use some common sense for once. Doesn't the coc allow for common sense?
You don't know how to read sacred scripture. You don't know what sacred scripture is. I urge you to go to the nearest Universal Church of Christ to get Baptized and leave that cult your in, that ironically calls itself the church of Christ?? That's like Canada renaming itself the United States and taking our constitution and calling it their own.

Terrace, Canada

#499618 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Let them all believe whatever they want and desire, the Truth is not changing.
Why are YOU doing on the forum Robert F???

You want me to believe that you studied other religions, before you decided that Catholicism had the best offer.

Fraud!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499619 Dec 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Expert is a silly word. I simply wanted to learn why theologians didn't agree, and that is why I went beyond my own religious beliefs to try to comprehend the many religious beliefs of those in other religions.
You, on the other hand, swallowed what the Catholic fathers taught and you chose to stay right there and not move any further in your thoughts. Either you were too lazy, or too comfortable with Catholicism to ask questions of how your religion began.
June

I plead guilty.

Though I have differences in opinion with clergy, living and dead, as well as other saints and theologians(in all religions). But I prefer to find what is in common, rather than the differences.

I still read dissenting opinions, and consider them worthy of my time, and perspective.

Traditions in religion, are generally cultural biases, but begin as searches for the Truth.

I would feel just about the same, if today I were to walk away from my local RCC, and attended the local Baptist Church. What counts is on the inside, not the exterior....

Terrace, Canada

#499620 Dec 13, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>June.After you admitted last night that you are a self-confessed Atheist,I thought the whole over.My head didn't hit the pillow till 2am.before I figured it out.
You have absolutely no idea of what the meaning of religion or anything you are talking about.
Ann Coulter is 'hot' and sexy so her views are ok.
But at your age you should know better than putting down people's belifes.
Sure,you quote all the great men and women of history.Many of them were very wise and nodoubt some of the best minds the human race ever knew.
But one thing they all had in common is that they are all dead.
And they may find a reality quite different than they expected.
I belive in a living Christ in Heaven at the seat of God about to return.
You belive in the dust of history's grave.
WOW ... nor THAT was a powerful sermon!

:)

Terrace, Canada

#499621 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Mary, the mother of Jesus was indeed a practicing Israelite, but she was faithful to her Son....
I suggest that all Jews were faithful to Judaism.

You suggest that it is common-sense theology that Jesus and his mother and the apostles and Peter the first Jewish-Catholic pope all rushed into a new religion, as they just couldn't handle the lies of Judaism ANY MORE!

You are a stupid man indeed!

Terrace, Canada

#499622 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Generally speaking, most early Christians, were Jews,....
Christians were EX-Jews.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#499623 Dec 13, 2013
I'm sorry man, I knew the coc didn't use instruments, but I had no idea they preach that we are sinning for it. Next time I go to the Community center near my house (they rent a room there for their 'church') I'm going to have a word with their supposed elder.

Terrace, Canada

#499624 Dec 13, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I plead guilty.
Though I have differences in opinion with clergy, living and dead, as well as other saints and theologians(in all religions). But I prefer to find what is in common, rather than the differences.
I still read dissenting opinions, and consider them worthy of my time, and perspective.
Traditions in religion, are generally cultural biases, but begin as searches for the Truth.
I would feel just about the same, if today I were to walk away from my local RCC, and attended the local Baptist Church. What counts is on the inside, not the exterior....
I suggest you go play in your bible that you don't take literally, except for the part of Jehovah saving only Catholics as his newly adopted chosen few.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#499625 Dec 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I must share this with you...
I can't say that god gave a revelation in this event but recently at a ROMAN CATHOLIC
CHURCH near by..... This happened..
One of the congregants received a message that effected the whole church
I am not sure what was transpiring at the time, but a man there received a definite revelation. I realty don't believe it was divinely instigated though...
The sound of the braying of a donkey...was heard.... loudly resounding across the edifice
breaking the solicitude pomp and pride of the whole ritualistic scene......
I guess the parishioners thought for an sec..... that ST JENNY
THE DONKEY ....
THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE CARRIED MARY
TO BETHLEHEM ,...HAD FINALLY SPOKEN...
The revelation was...
that a farmer had forgotten to turn OFF his cell phone ...
confrInting

lol.... That's why they have to remind us before every Mass to turn off the cell-phones. Those thick headed Catholics, just can't seem to remember to do it....

Which brings up a point though, why are Catholics always so quick to think things have spiritual triggers in this world?

To me, it is both a curse and a blessing. It is a cause of much mistaken superstition, but also, could it be that they are "programmed" to think in spiritual terms. The opposite seems true outside of the RCC, where skeptics abound....

I wonder if God prefers the gullible or the skeptic more....(smile)?

Loved the joke!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min ROCCO 110,136
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min New Age Spiritual... 982,196
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,307
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Yidfellas v USA 184,726
Finish This Liberal Political Sentence.. 1 hr USS LIBERTY 3
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 9 hr bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 9 hr andet1987 69
More from around the web