Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665307 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#499284 Dec 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. GOD,truly blessed he young man and His,family ...WHAT IS THERE THAT GOD CANNOT DO??
He can't convince YOU to respect him enough to pray to his REAL title, which is Jewish in its religious nature.

Your religion, as were and are all religions, is based on nothing but philosophy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

phi·los·o·phy

/f&#601;&#712;läs& #601;f&#275;/

noun

noun: philosophy

the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, esp. when considered as an academic discipline.

•a particular system of philosophical thought.
plural noun: philosophies

"Schopenhauer’s philosophy"

•the study of the theoretical basis of a particular branch of knowledge or experience.
"the philosophy of science"

synonyms: thinking, thought, reasoning More
"the philosophy of Aristotle"

https://www.google.ca/#q=Philosophy+definitio...

•a theory or attitude held by a person or organization that acts as a
Liam

Warwick, RI

#499285 Dec 12, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Christianity is the one he favors, but God does not intervene in our lives anymore, as he did in the Old Testament, we have the bible for our guide in everything we need to know. 2 Timothy 3;16, New Living Translation
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
One of the reasons why I'm Catholic is because they don't require me to ignore facts in order to be Catholic. Your Church has prepared answers that amounts to skirting around the issue. They rely on their members to shrug their shoulders.

For example, you have no writings after the Bible to show how Christians believed as you do. The CC has volumes. if you point that out to your elder, they'll just say the first Christians read the Gospel wrong. If you say "but they didn't read it, they heard it from the mouths of the Apostles, then wrote about it". Then your elder will ask you to ignore all of that because the Catholic Church is the anti Christ. Why you people embrace that crap is beyond me.

Williams Lake, Canada

#499286 Dec 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree,.He wants,us,to be baptized ..no question.
If you would choose to ask questions of your dogmas, you would see the lies.

Claiming to be fortune-tellers was and is the witch-craft of all theologians, who I suggest were all simple-minded philosophers.

Williams Lake, Canada

#499287 Dec 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>June VanDerMark
I agree you have a false concept of who Jesus is, but with that said, I suggest you try to relax. Jesus was not here to start a religion, he was here to show He is the truth and life. Jesus said to follow Him, he never said to follow the Catholics or follow a religion. He came for lost souls like you.
Riccardo
If you choose to be fooled by master word-manipulators, you will continue on your mental path to be convinced that an ex-Jew, is anxiously waiting in "spirit-form" to take you off to a Christian heaven.

Williams Lake, Canada

#499288 Dec 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
This,is,an old one ..running through my head today
Can listen also
http://www.songlyrics.com/donny-hathaway/put-...
Donny Hathaway – Put Your Hand In The Hand Lyrics
Send "Put Your Hand In The Hand" Ringtone to your Cell
Songwriters: Mac Lellan, Gene
Put your hand in the hand of the man who stilled the water
Put your hand in the hand of the man who calmed the sea
Take a look at yourself, & you can look at others diff'rently
Put your hand in the hand of the man from Galilee
Every time I look into the Holy Book, I wanna tremble
When I read about the part where a carpenter cleared the temple
See those buyers and the sellers were no diff'rent fellas
Than what you & I profess to be
And it causes me shame to know that man is not what he should be
Take a look at yourself, & you can look at others diff'rently
Hey, my mama taught me how to pray, before I reached the age of seven
When I'm down on my knees, hey, I'm close to heaven."
My daddy lived his life with 2 kids & a wife
& you've got to do what you've got to do
But he showed me enough of what it takes to see you through
This is what he used to tell me...
Ya got'a take a good look at yourself, & you can look at others diff'rently
YEAH ... I used to sing that one way back when. Now I perceive that it's silly nonsense written by a died in the wool Christian.

Williams Lake, Canada

#499289 Dec 12, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<God does not intervene in our lives anymore, as he did in the Old Testament
Did he retire???

:)

Williams Lake, Canada

#499290 Dec 12, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>God doesn't have one favorite group in particular!!
Then according to your philosophy, he must not favor you over others ... RIGHT???

So why are you here preaching AT others?

Silly people.

Williams Lake, Canada

#499291 Dec 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the reasons why I'm Catholic is because
you believe that the ex-Jew Jesus favors Catholics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Athanasian Creed
Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Williams Lake, Canada

#499292 Dec 12, 2013
I used to believe that only lazy of thought humans follow the dogmas of their favorite theologians, but now I am convinced that every person that takes a bible as truth is CERTAIN that he/she IS a theologian of the most powerful mindset on earth.

The attitude seems to be "I read the words and GOD gives me their meanings, so I KNOW I CAN'T possibly get it WRONG."

As they continually squabble over the meanings of words they accuse each other of following the devil and accredit all the praise to their selves for following in the invisible footsteps of the MASTER.

The term "live and learn" doesn't seem to work on those in religious cults, as they choose to dig ever-deeper mental ruts with the turn of each biblical page.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499293 Dec 12, 2013
FATHER GOD ..though art great .
In every prayer answered you show your love ..
We thank you and Glorify your Holy Name .

Please touch the hearts of those who
Need you this Christmas Season and all year .

In Jesus precious name ..Amen

Williams Lake, Canada

#499294 Dec 12, 2013
I will probably never know "why" after decades of preaching that only Christians could be saved, Billy Graham changed his mental apparatus to preach that he now believes that those other than Christians WILL be saved. He even mentions Muslims as being allowed in what used to be (in his terminology) "Christian heaven."

He was and is an ignorant man who used his good looks and Charisma to charm gullible followers to bow to him as a fill-in for "GOD" on earth.

I suggest he will go to his death without ever so much as an apology for the decades of preaching that only Christians could be saved.

Williams Lake, Canada

#499295 Dec 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
FATHER GOD ..though art great .
In every prayer answered you show your love ..
We thank you and Glorify your Holy Name .
Please touch the hearts of those who
Need you this Christmas Season and all year .
In Jesus precious name ..Amen
The THRILL of believing that YOU are special to a MASTER of the universe, is what keeps you in mental chains, in the bondage of your cult.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#499296 Dec 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you choose to be fooled by master word-manipulators, you will continue on your mental path to be convinced that an ex-Jew, is anxiously waiting in "spirit-form" to take you off to a Christian heaven.
June VanDerMark
I agree with you June that many are fooled by the evil spirits or as you call it, the word-manipulators. That is surely one way of fooling those from looking at the true Word of God and Jesus Christ as the one and only Way. Thanks for bringing that into the conversation June.

Riccardo

Williams Lake, Canada

#499297 Dec 12, 2013
This idiot is certain that HE and those of like-mentality will meet the MASTER in the air.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

PLANET EARTH … the Final Chapter … Hal Lindsey

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

All the believers who have been raptured, or snatched away, will meet the Lord face to face, in the air.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#499298 Dec 12, 2013
Believer-in-GOD....

On the off-chance that you saw not my response, I will re post it...

Believer-in-GOD wrote:<quoted text>
No, I never said I was a preacher... another poster called me one and just for the fun of it, I signed several posts with 'the preacher' at the end.
And I have said all along that Jesus is the Son of God... God Incarnate. WHY are you so upset over this?
----------
Mah response:
I, unlike you, am concerned when I see Catholics, or others, expressing erroneous beliefs. Their words show they are on the road that is broad and leads to destruction.

When you say "God incarnate" are you saying, after reading the Scripture I posted, that Jesus Christ, while on earth, was God Almighty, that is, the Holy Trinity, and He is still God Almighty today and will be forever more??????

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#499299 Dec 12, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the reasons why I'm Catholic is because they don't require me to ignore facts in order to be Catholic. Your Church has prepared answers that amounts to skirting around the issue. They rely on their members to shrug their shoulders.
For example, you have no writings after the Bible to show how Christians believed as you do. The CC has volumes. if you point that out to your elder, they'll just say the first Christians read the Gospel wrong. If you say "but they didn't read it, they heard it from the mouths of the Apostles, then wrote about it". Then your elder will ask you to ignore all of that because the Catholic Church is the anti Christ. Why you people embrace that crap is beyond me.
Hey!, I really still wanna know why U acknowledge other gods like all those people that have been made saints...do U think that it's "unbecoming" to recognize any figure made on Earth as divine or worthy of praise?! I see that U are full of rhetoric and Bible quotes but U run like your ass is on fire when someone actually presents questions to U...questions that U should not be willing to avoid but stand there and defend your practice, especially when it is pointed out to U that it is inconsistent with traditional and historical practices of worship. U should have all answers, hands down, if U claim that your church is the "TRUE" church. I don't want U to be afraid of lil' ole me, I just want to understand if the RCC is the true church...then why aren't they acting like it!!!(Unless it is the "TRUE CHURCH" of the Holy Roman Empire)
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#499300 Dec 12, 2013
Ha! rose and sera should read this http://www.spiritdaily.com/Vaticancash.htm

Elk Grove, CA

#499301 Dec 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I will probably never know "why" after decades of preaching that only Christians could be saved, Billy Graham changed his mental apparatus to preach that he now believes that those other than Christians WILL be saved. He even mentions Muslims as being allowed in what used to be (in his terminology) "Christian heaven."
He was and is an ignorant man who used his good looks and Charisma to charm gullible followers to bow to him as a fill-in for "GOD" on earth.
I suggest he will go to his death without ever so much as an apology for the decades of preaching that only Christians could be saved.
June VanDerMark

June, I do know why you take what a person said out of context, it does work for the dumb and retarded. Billy Graham always and still believes to be saved, you must accept Jesus. But with that said, this forum is not about what Billy Graham says or does. I really believe you are pathetic to think Billy Graham stands for good looks in a man. I suggest you have a deep hatred for anyone that is not a puddle of crud believer as you.

Riccardo

Williams Lake, Canada

#499302 Dec 12, 2013
I suggest that Christians believe ... "If I FOLLOW the one and only master JESUS ... that means that 'I' have MASTERED all things in the same way as Jesus mastered them, and THAT is what makes me more special than those who were too dumb to follow the MASTER."

You can bet that the Muslims believe the same about their 12th Imam.

Religion is NOT GOOD!

Elk Grove, CA

#499303 Dec 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The THRILL of believing that YOU are special to a MASTER of the universe, is what keeps you in mental chains, in the bondage of your cult.
June VanDerMark

I agree this may be the reason you are here. Your master is Satan and yes you are pleasing him. Hope it works out for you at the end. Be careful what you wish for, bad things normally happen to people like you.

Riccardo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Aura Mytha 88,110
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 7 min USAUSAUSA 124
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 11 min Taco-smacko 2
The Future of Politics in America 14 min Buck Crick 222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min New Age Spiritual... 977,292
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min LAWEST100 184,720
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 30 min Buck Crick 551
More from around the web