Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
481,541 - 481,560 of 536,997 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is very clear
Every Christian theologian shape-shifted his theological image of Jesus the Jew to fit his own theological rhetoric. And you, as a theologian are committing the same atrocity.

You are manipulating words to suit your own agenda.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Your hatred is showing.
"Joy to the world", I love everyone........except criminals.

.....I am sure deep down inside you don't like criminals either but you are afraid to say so.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask them. Jesus is very clear that being born again in baptism is necessary for salvation without needing to cite that verse.
lol...ask them..

so is catholic answers right or wrong when they use Luke 18:15 to support infant baptism???

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice....but you can't prove you were ever baptized. If you can't prove you were baptized how do you know you received salvation?
Every Christian theologian shape-shifted his theological image of Jesus the Jew to fit his own theological rhetoric. And you, as a theologian are committing the same atrocity.

You are manipulating words to suit your own agenda.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

The first man that wrote the word theo-logical, no doubt meant that his own theology was logical.

I suggest he never intended those in other cults to steal his title OR his staged present.

He would have pointed at others and hung titles on them such as theo-stupids or theo-evils.

:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith AND baptism. Jesus said it.
Where does He say in what order they have to be?
From catechism on baptism:.27 Always, Baptism is seen as connected with faith:

If catechism says baptism is seen as connected with faith, where did your faith come from at 3 months old?

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

I wonder who of all the world's many, many Christian theologians stated the following word the most often???

"Jesus"

The word Jesus became a catch-phrase for those who felt power by name-throwing.

"YOU KNOW I HAVE THIS PERSONAL RELIGIONSHIP WITH JESUS, AND THAT'S HOW I KNOW HE BELIEVES JUST THE WAY I BELIEVE. HE IS A WISE MAN INDEED!"

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SPIRITUAL food ..
To a Muslim, your mental food is vile and is drawn from the spirit of evil.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

To the early church fathers, Judaism's spiritual food was evil and Catholic spiritual food was and still is HOLY.

In religion it always depends on which theologians were and are telling the story, as they all put different slants on their concepts of truth.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
did salvation start for you when you were three months old at baptism...if it did how without faith in Christ?
My parents faith brought me to the Church for my baptism. I was made a new person in Christ through water and the Spirit. I've renewed my baptismal vows at least a hundred times since then. I've professed, with my lips, my faith in Christ countless times.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice....but you can't prove you were ever baptized. If you can't prove you were baptized how do you know you received salvation?
Well Chuck, I can produce the photographs (black and white, I'm over 50, lol, the certificate, the Church records, etc). In other words, I have more evidence that I was baptized than you have that you are saved and guaranteed heaven.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...ask them..
so is catholic answers right or wrong when they use Luke 18:15 to support infant baptism???
No, I never said they were wrong, I just said Jesus and the apostles are clearer in other passages about the necessity of and salvific nature of baptism.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents faith brought me to the Church for my baptism. I was made a new person in Christ through water and the Spirit. I've renewed my baptismal vows at least a hundred times since then. I've professed, with my lips, my faith in Christ countless times.
Did you receive or start your salvation at your baptism?

Wow!! we can become a new person in Christ without even knowing Him. I'm afraid to ask but where do you get that from? Please don't say baptism again, you don't know Christ at 3 months old.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
From catechism on baptism:.27 Always, Baptism is seen as connected with faith:
If catechism says baptism is seen as connected with faith, where did your faith come from at 3 months old?
The Baptism of infants

1250 Born with a fallen human nature and tainted by original sin, children also have need of the new birth in Baptism to be freed from the power of darkness and brought into the realm of the freedom of the children of God, to which all men are called.50 The sheer gratuitousness of the grace of salvation is particularly manifest in infant Baptism. The Church and the parents would deny a child the priceless grace of becoming a child of God were they not to confer Baptism shortly after birth.51

1251 Christian parents will recognize that this practice also accords with their role as nurturers of the life that God has entrusted to them.52

1252 The practice of infant Baptism is an immemorial tradition of the Church. There is explicit testimony to this practice from the second century on, and it is quite possible that, from the beginning of the apostolic preaching, when whole "households" received baptism, infants may also have been baptized.53

Faith and Baptism

1253 Baptism is the sacrament of faith.54 But faith needs the community of believers. It is only within the faith of the Church that each of the faithful can believe. The faith required for Baptism is not a perfect and mature faith, but a beginning that is called to develop. The catechumen or the godparent is asked: "What do you ask of God's Church?" The response is: "Faith!"

1254 For all the baptized, children or adults, faith must grow after Baptism. For this reason the Church celebrates each year at the Easter Vigil the renewal of baptismal promises. Preparation for Baptism leads only to the threshold of new life. Baptism is the source of that new life in Christ from which the entire Christian life springs forth.

1255 For the grace of Baptism to unfold, the parents' help is important. So too is the role of the godfather and godmother, who must be firm believers, able and ready to help the newly baptized - child or adult on the road of Christian life.55 Their task is a truly ecclesial function (officium).56 The whole ecclesial community bears some responsibility for the development and safeguarding of the grace given at Baptism.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Chuck, I can produce the photographs (black and white, I'm over 50, lol, the certificate, the Church records, etc). In other words, I have more evidence that I was baptized than you have that you are saved and guaranteed heaven.
Ahh..forgot about photos. But you did not remember your baptism correct?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be scared. It won't hurt.
He might learn something.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you receive or start your salvation at your baptism?
Wow!! we can become a new person in Christ without even knowing Him. I'm afraid to ask but where do you get that from? Please don't say baptism again, you don't know Christ at 3 months old.
You don't properly understand scripture. You don't believe baptism does anything, that's why you don't understand it and why your beliefs are so different from the first Christians.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh..forgot about photos. But you did not remember your baptism correct?
The effects of my baptism aren't dependent on my cognizance of them.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith AND baptism. Jesus said it.
Where does He say in what order they have to be?
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.”

So there is no reason why Jesus said make disciples first and then baptize?

Really Tony...really?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>He might learn something.
Hey Husker!! Almost didn't recognize you. You have no cuss words in your post. How you been?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min Lol221 5,240
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Catcher1 729,911
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min ACME Rock Sales 117,769
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Dr_Zorderz 259,148
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 11 min Neelakaran 971
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Catcher1 172,894
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Thinking 225,612
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 18 hr Just 103
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 19 hr anonymous 143

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••