Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683812 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#499118 Dec 11, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Is the image of Jesus Christ a graven image?
Not to the Jews that are faithful to Judaism. They didn't allow the Jesus-myth to become a graven image in "their" thoughts, because they didn't believe he could possibly BE a Jewish messiah.

They are still stuck on the philosophy of the faithful Jews that are certain the Jewish messiah hasn't even come to earth for the first time ... much less the second time.

Philosophy might be fun to those who play the games ... but still, I suggest that religious philosophy is a frivolous and often trouble-making pastime.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499119 Dec 11, 2013
Do you see that the word "philosophy" doesn't have the same concept of POWER in your thoughts, as does the word "theology?"

Thomas Aquinas took Plato's philosophy and shape-shifted the philosophy into his own Catholic theology.

And that was a cunning MOVE on the part of Thomas, as the word "theology" implies in the minds of followers that (to those who are WISE) the religious truth can indeed BE known.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499120 Dec 11, 2013
If you squabbling Catholics and Protestants ever decide for CERTAIN what Jesus the Jew believes ... THAT would indeed convince me that miracles DO exist.

May you all end up in the hereafter together in one container ... and take your damned-able ever-conflicting philosophies with you, and that way, you indeed will get your just rewards.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499121 Dec 11, 2013
ON the other hand ... maybe Jerry Falwell's spirit will end up in the same "cell" as a Muslim Imam with an invisible sword in his holy hand.

That way the Irate Muslim-Imam will probably do my dirty work for me, and slice Jerry's evil spirit into little we, we, tidbits, to hang in the son and dry.

But don't me wrong now. I love Jerry no end. I just hate his "spiritual" sin.

:)
LTM

Canada

#499122 Dec 11, 2013
READ THIS , THIS MORNING THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE.

What Does Jesus Want for Christmas?

John Piper

What does Jesus want this Christmas? We can see the answer in his prayers. What does he ask God for? His longest prayer is John 17. Here is the climax of his desire:

Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am (v. 24).

Among all the undeserving sinners in the world, there are those whom God has "given to Jesus." These are those whom God has drawn to the Son (John 6:44, 65). These are Christians – people who have "received" Jesus as the crucified and risen Savior and Lord and Treasure of their lives (John 1:12; 10:11, 17-18; 20:28; 6:35; 3:17). Jesus says he wants them to be with him.

Sometimes we hear people say that God created man because he was lonely. So they say, "God created us so that we would be with him." Does Jesus agree with this? Well, he does say that he really wants us to be with him! Yes, but why? Consider the rest of the verse. Why does Jesus want us to be with him?

... to see my glory that you [Father] have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

That would be a strange way of expressing his loneliness. "I want them with me so they can see my glory." In fact it doesn't express his loneliness. It expresses his concern for the satisfaction of our longing, not his loneliness. Jesus is not lonely. He and the Father and the Spirit are profoundly satisfied in the fellowship of the Trinity. We, not he, are starving for something. And what Jesus wants for Christmas is for us to experience what we were really made for – seeing and savoring his glory.

Oh, that God would make this sink in to our souls! Jesus made us (John 1:3) to see his glory. Just before he goes to the cross he pleads his deepest desires with the Father: "Father, I desire – I desire!– that they... may be with me where I am, to see my glory."

But that is only half of what Jesus wants in these final, climactic verses of his prayer. I just said we were really made for seeing and savoring his glory. Is that what he wants – that we not only see his glory but savor it, relish it, delight in it, treasure it, love it? Consider verse 26, the very last verse:

I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.

That is the end of the prayer. What is Jesus' final goal for us? Not that we simply see his glory, but that we love him with the same love that the Father has for him: "that the love with which you [Father] have loved me may be in them." Jesus' longing and goal is that we see his glory and then that we be able to love what we see with the same love that the Father has for the Son. And he doesn't mean that we merely imitate the love of the Father for the Son. He means the Father's very love becomes our love for the Son – that we love the Son with the love of the Father for the Son. This is what the Spirit becomes and bestows in our lives: Love for the Son by the Father through the Spirit.

What Jesus wants most for Christmas is that his elect be gathered in and then get what they want most – to see his glory and then savor it with the very savoring of the Father for the Son.

What I want most for Christmas this year is to join you (and many others) in seeing Christ in all his fullness and that we together be able to love what we see with a love far beyond our own half-hearted human capacities.

This is what Jesus prays for us this Christmas: "Father, show them my glory and give them the very delight in me that you have in me." Oh, may we see Christ with the eyes of God and savor Christ with the heart of God. That is the essence of heaven. That is the gift Christ came to purchase for sinners at the cost of his death in our place.

----------

By John Piper.©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org

Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#499123 Dec 11, 2013
Pope Francis, Time magazines man of the year.

A good choice, "a man for the people". A no nonsense Pope. If another pope like Benedict had been elected pope the church would soon spiral out of control.

Congratulations Pope Francis. Keep up the good work.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499124 Dec 11, 2013
I suggest that all these different names for the one god relate to the fact that Jews were one time polytheists.

Otherwise they would all use one title for their imaginary one god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Tetragrammaton 1.1 Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh
1.2 Yah
1.3 Adonai
1.4 HaShem
1.5 Adoshem
1.6 YHWH Tzevaot

2 Other names and titles of God in Judaism 2.1 Adonai
2.2 Baali
2.3 El
2.4 Elah
2.5 Eloah
2.6 Elohim
2.7 El Roi
2.8 El Shaddai
2.9 Elyon
2.10 The Eternal One
2.11 Shalom
2.12 Shekhinah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_ ...
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499125 Dec 11, 2013
LTM wrote:
READ THIS , THIS MORNING THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE.
What Does Jesus Want for Christmas?
I suggest that if Jesus was real, he would want you to quit bragging that he supports your Christian dogmas.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499126 Dec 11, 2013
In the later centuries, it must have bugged the hell out of the popes that the law prevented them from using military power to silence the Jews.

If I had been a Jew faithful to Judaism back in the day when the new testament was published, I also would have despised the Christian bible. Why would I idolize a book that teaches hatred against me and my fellow Jews, and what I would have believed was my most sacred religion?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Jews who despise the New Testament hold as their own authority The Jewish Talmud. The Jewish Talmud is virulent in its despising of any and all Christian books. We read: "Jews must destroy the books of the Christians, especially the New Testament." (Shabbath 116a). This directive in the Talmud is over a millenium old, so the Jewish disdain for the New Testament is not new.

http://www.texemarrs.com/012007/jews_target_c...
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499127 Dec 11, 2013
I wish to make it plain that I am not siding with the Jews, as I fully understand that if the emperor Constantine had favored the Jews rather than the Catholics, the Jews would have also tried to rule the world with their one god religion.

And so, the Catholics broke the power of the Jews, just as later on in the scenario, the Muslims and the Protestants broke the power of the Catholics.

When people in any group are certain they know the supposed creator's will ... "truth" ... their aim is to rule all other people of the world and convert them to their own religion.

Religion is NOT GOOD!
truth

Perth, Australia

#499128 Dec 11, 2013
SEEyour deference
i liked who have to be with me where is father=i go where you can't go

liar
see

be good
you not explain
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499129 Dec 11, 2013
You can bet that pope Leo X tried his level best to put an end to all of Martin Luther's literature.

The fact that Luther used the same bible as the pope is the only thing that prevented yet another bible from being published for Luther's NEW religion.

Whether he was too lazy, or whether he thought a new bible wouldn't FLY with the ex-Catholic followers remains a mystery, but his aim was to imply that the same GOD used by the Jews and the Catholics had yet another new conflicting story to tell through GOD's HOLY spokesman, Martin Luther.

Religion is BUNK!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499130 Dec 11, 2013
If you want to find the arrogant notion that humans can speak on behalf of gods and get the messages absolutely RIGHT ... pay heed to all the preachers in all religions. They will tell you that without a doubt the creator desires them and supports all their messages as nothing but the truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499131 Dec 11, 2013
From the book "The Comfortable Pew," by Pierre Berton comes the following....... Published in 1965.

Regular contact with the various Christian denominations bred in me a feeling of dismay. Apart from everything else, I was to discover first hand how hopelessly fragmented the Christian Church appeared to be. The message that was delivered from one pulpit was at odds with the message delivered from another: yet in each instance I was given to understand that this was the only true message--others were false. By this time I was seriously examining the possibility that all were false, for I had rarely seen such a display of mass arrogance on the part of men who proclaimed, always in general terms, their own humility. When I was promoted from church editor, I ceased all church attendance. I had had enough."
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499132 Dec 11, 2013
This article is written by a disgruntled Christian, but even the present pope is caving to the notion that Catholicism was taught as anti-Semitism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

This book, distributed widely by the Jewish Book Club and endorsed by many so-called "Christian" theologians, demands that Christians apologize for their anti-Semitism and rewrite the New Testament to remove hundreds of passages that malign the Jews.

http://www.texemarrs.com/012007/jews_target_c...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#499133 Dec 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 4:5, "There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism."
How many baptisms?
Now, there is one baptism....baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....

There are other baptisms, OldJG.....everyone needs to study them and know what their purposes are for...
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499134 Dec 11, 2013
The fact that Martin Luther survived such an insult against the pope, indicates that the amount of disgruntled Catholics that supported Luther's new religion, was monumental. And I suggest that Luther was fully aware of that system of physical and emotional support.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

There, in October 1518, under questioning by papal legate Cardinal Cajetan Luther stated that he did not consider the papacy part of the biblical Church because historistical interpretation of Bible prophecy concluded that the papacy was the Antichrist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#499135 Dec 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 4:5, "There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism."
How many baptisms?
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, there is one baptism....baptized INTO the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.....
There are other baptisms, OldJG.....everyone needs to study them and know what their purposes are for...
Apparently you believe Paul was not telling us the truth in Ephesians 4:5, correct?
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#499136 Dec 11, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you get a HIGH, preaching FOR the one you believe is the MASTER of your own thoughts?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#499137 Dec 11, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong,do you think it's wrong to protect your family from terrorist, no and neither does God, and that's all he did, protect his people. Take your time and study and you'll see the true reason why God had to do what he did. What about when God ordered Joshua and his people to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan?14 What crime could be so great that entire populations of cities were designated for destruction? God told Moses that the nations that the Hebrew were replacing were wicked.15 How "wicked" were these people? The text tells us that they were burning their own sons and daughters in sacrifices to their gods.16 So we see that these people were not really innocent. For these reasons (and others17), God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed. Let God do what he knows to do better than we do and that's destroying evil people.
Pretty sure,everyone here has,been baptized,with water .or is,never going to get baptized .whatever you believe it does,..no one,here is going to go to your Church to get baptized,...really ..

Nothing against you or your Church ..happy you are,content and blessed .
Each of us,WHO BELIEVE in Christ ...has received the Baptism they believe in ...whatever role you feel it plays,..

Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 11 min Ms Sassy 16,459
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr andet1987 23
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 24
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr oldman 983,123
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 6 hr Awesome Facts 33,213
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 6 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 hr Born Again Past JW 619,696
More from around the web