Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690404 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498970 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I even have pictures.
Did you get saved for all eternity with no chance of ever loosing it when you professed Jesus? Can you post the pictures of heaven on your facebook page?
So one can have a relationship with Christ even if the individual does not have faith in Christ.

lol...sad Tony. Look what that church has done with your thinking.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498971 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The effects of my baptism aren't dependent on my cognizance of them.
Catholics use this verse to support infant baptism:
15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called them to him, saying,“Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. 17 Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

**Tony...why do you suppose Jesus didn't baptize these children if in fact baptism saves us?

**wait... I got the catholic answer, "it doesn't say He didn't baptize them".
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#498972 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents faith brought me to the Church for my baptism. I was made a new person in Christ through water and the Spirit.
That is what your parents and your Catholic theologians WANTED you to believe.

:)

The Jewish theologians taught their followers entirely different theology.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498973 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I never said they were wrong, I just said Jesus and the apostles are clearer in other passages about the necessity of and salvific nature of baptism.
Rabbi-Jesus teaching the ritual of Catholic baptism.

How funny!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498974 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...being baptized is what makes them disciples.
So it wasn't until after Peter was baptized, he became a disciple...interesting. That's not what my Bible says.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498975 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So one can have a relationship with Christ even if the individual does not have faith in Christ.
lol...sad Tony. Look what that church has done with your thinking.
?

Where can I find "relationship with Christ before being born again of water and the Spirit" in the bible?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498976 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
catholic way Tony...lets which gears to osas. you folks never let me down.
OSAS is one of the reasons you reject the Christian understanding of baptism.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498977 Dec 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok but the,first Generation had,babies,too..And I know,they thought HE,was,coming soon
A gist for us,in their realizing they should leave a,written word for the next generation
But also no talk in First Century??? of TransubstAntiation in this,work ..
Just SPIRITTUAL FOOD ''
How many generations of Christians are recorded in the bible Rose?

And if you don't mind, I'd prefer that we don't discuss transubstantiation because I think it's way beyond where I think you're capable of going at this time.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498978 Dec 10, 2013
If you can't spot the lies, you are blind-sighted.

The old and new testaments were written hundreds of years apart.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Signs & Symbols in Christian Art

The Saints

St. John the Baptist, the son of Elisabeth and Zacharias, is considered to be the last of the prophets of the Old testament and the first of the saints in the New testament.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498979 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So it wasn't until after Peter was baptized, he became a disciple...interesting. That's not what my Bible says.
When does your bible say St. Peter was baptized?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498981 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How many generations of Christians are recorded in the bible Rose?
And if you don't mind, I'd prefer that we don't discuss transubstantiation because I think it's way beyond where I think you're capable of going at this time.
You said,First Generation ..I was,using your words,..I'm quite capable of understanding it Anthony ..thank you ..
But ok we,won't discuss us ..those writers,did not either
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498982 Dec 10, 2013
The Catholic Jew-haters indicated that Jesus also became a hater of Jews.

Of course the Jews that were and are faithful to Judaism were and are INSULTED ... and I agree that they had every right to BE insulted.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Did Jesus' Words Inspire the Nazi Holocaust?

According to the Zionists and many Judaizers, the words of the New Testament were the inspiration for Hitler's Nazi holocaust and for persecution of the Jews throughout the centuries. Eliminate this hateful Christian book and, Presto!, anti-Semitism will vanish forever. Of course, if the New Testament goes off the world stage, Jesus' coming as Christ and Lord will also be gone forever, many Jews reason. "Even better," say the chief rabbis: "Be gone Jesus!"

http://www.texemarrs.com/012007/jews_target_c...
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498983 Dec 10, 2013
If I had been a faithful Jew to Judaism and the anti-Semitic Catholics were preaching that the new messiah turned against Judaism to which he previously had been faithful all his life ... you damned right I would be a steaming mad JEW.

To insinuate that Jehovah had sent his son to earth to lead a new religion would be enough to make me want to kill every Catholic in sight.

Indoctrination of Jews made them defensive and protective of Judaism as the REAL and ONLY truth straight from the one and only creator.

Whether Judaism, Catholicism, or any other ism on earth ... I suggest religious indoctrination is NOT good!!!
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498984 Dec 10, 2013
Within the theology, had Jesus been perceived by the Jews as faithful to Judaism, they would have had NO reason on earth to agree with his crucifixion. NONE. They would have said "DON'T KILL OUR MESSIAH. WE LOVE HIM."

The Jews were angry because the Catholics claimed that a Jew had BETRAYED Judaism, AND I don't blame them for being angry.

The Catholics LIED ... BIG TIME!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Revealed: Why Do They Hate the New Testament?

Foxman's complaints about the New Testament's truthful account of Jewish complicity in Jesus' crucifixion gives us insight into the real reason why the Jews so despise the Word of God.

http://www.texemarrs.com/012007/jews_target_c...

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498985 Dec 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You said,First Generation ..I was,using your words,..I'm quite capable of understanding it Anthony ..thank you ..
But ok we,won't discuss us ..those writers,did not either
I may have been a bit imprecise. Specifically, how many children being born and raised with Christian parents do you find recorded in the bible?

This may be helpful for you;

Acts 2:38 - Peter says to the multitude, "Repent and be baptized.." Protestants use this verse to prove one must be a believer (not an infant) to be baptized. But the Greek translation literally says, "If you repent, then each one who is a part of you and yours must each be baptized”(“Metanoesate kai bapistheto hekastos hymon.”) This, contrary to what Protestants argue, actually proves that babies are baptized based on their parents’ faith. This is confirmed in the next verse.

Acts 2:39 - Peter then says baptism is specifically given to children as well as adults.“Those far off” refers to those who were at their “homes”(primarily infants and children). God's covenant family includes children. The word "children" that Peter used comes from the Greek word "teknon" which also includes infants.

Luke 1:59 - this proves that "teknon" includes infants. Here, John as a "teknon" (infant) was circumcised. See also Acts 21:21 which uses “teknon” for eight-day old babies. So baptism is for infants as well as adults.

Acts 10:47-48 - Peter baptized the entire house of Cornelius, which generally included infants and young children. There is not one word in Scripture about baptism being limited to adults.

Acts 16:15 - Paul baptized Lydia and her entire household. The word "household" comes from the Greek word "oikos" which is a household that includes infants and children.

Acts 16:15 - further, Paul baptizes the household based on Lydia's faith, not the faith of the members of the household. This demonstrates that parents can present their children for baptism based on the parents' faith, not the children's faith.

Acts 16:30-33 - it was only the adults who were candidates for baptism that had to profess a belief in Jesus. This is consistent with the Church's practice of instructing catechumens before baptism. But this verse does not support a "believer's baptism" requirement for everyone. See Acts 16:15,33. The earlier one comes to baptism, the better. For those who come to baptism as adults, the Church has always required them to profess their belief in Christ. For babies who come to baptism, the Church has always required the parents to profess the belief in Christ on behalf of the baby. But there is nothing in the Scriptures about a requirement for ALL baptism candidates to profess their own belief in Christ (because the Church has baptized babies for 2,000 years).

Acts 16:33 - Paul baptized the jailer (an adult) and his entire household (which had to include children). Baptism is never limited to adults and those of the age of reason. See also Luke 19:9; John 4:53; Acts 11:14; 1 Cor. 1:16; and 1 Tim. 3:12; Gen. 31:41; 36:6; 41:51; Joshua 24:15; 2 Sam. 7:11, 1 Chron. 10:6 which shows “oikos” generally includes children.

http://www.johnsalza.com/

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#498986 Dec 10, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT 'contradiction'????
Jesus IS the Son .... God Incarnate, and HE DID give His life for us.

This contradiction:
You say Christ is God incarnate..
The Catholic Encyclopedia says the opposite: Jesus Christ the incarnate Son of God Redeemer of the Human Race..
God said the opposite: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Php 2:6 says the opposite: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Same question: Why the contradiction???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498987 Dec 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
One topic at a time. The real presense was dealt with in detail and the farce put forth by JG.
Jewish infants are cirumcised for a purpose. Jewish infant females obviously dont have cirumcision, but they are washed and blessed. They do not choose it. Their parents in faith perform it. Paul likens baptism to circumcision. They later in life can deny their faith and God. They have free will. In protestant gatherings children come forth at various ages some very young and they do so from pressure to please their parents and they dont really truly understand the teachings of the faith other than something are highly encouraged even pressured to do. To be fair a Catholic can go through the motions as well doing what they are expected to do.
It happens in all faiths. An emtional experience as an adult can also backslide. Who said in the bible, "It would have been better for them had they not known the truth?
There are more than a few protestants who go through the motions regardless of when they are baptized. Lets not forget that 2/3 of Protestant still practice infant baptism and its not just those who are saved in your style. There are more than a few Bible only type protestants who run around with foul mouths, drinking heavily often, doing drugs,(Which include pot for Marge and her buddies.) The baptists who can be found in the bar the next county over who beat people over the head with their bibles talking grape juice. But hey no matter what they do its all good. They dont need no stinking church, or preacher to be telling them whats what. They know because the bible told them so or others who say baptism isnt necessary at all.
Well it is performed in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It is not something seen but it is believed and Jesus asked that it be done. He didnt give an age. Just as many wanted to touch Christ or the Centurion who had faith a miracle took place. It is a gift for you and your children as Peter said. As St Faustina wrote in her diary. The water washes away our sin, and the blood washes our souls. For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and all of the world.
Amen. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
June VanDerMark

Kitwanga, Canada

#498988 Dec 10, 2013
"Within the theology," a REAL Jewish messiah would have said ... "I came to align you to the will of Jehovah. I came to make better Jews out of you, so that after you die in physical body and your soul has risen from the dead, Jehovah will accept you into Olam Haba and reward you with eternal bliss for being faithful to Judaism."

Religion shifts with the wind of each new group of theologians, that in turn are eager to start yet more new religions, as on and on and on they BLOW.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#498989 Dec 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
One topic at a time. The real presense was dealt with in detail and the farce put forth by JG.
Jewish infants are cirumcised for a purpose. Jewish infant females obviously dont have cirumcision, but they are washed and blessed. They do not choose it. Their parents in faith perform it. Paul likens baptism to circumcision. They later in life can deny their faith and God. They have free will. In protestant gatherings children come forth at various ages some very young and they do so from pressure to please their parents and they dont really truly understand the teachings of the faith other than something are highly encouraged even pressured to do. To be fair a Catholic can go through the motions as well doing what they are expected to do.
It happens in all faiths. An emtional experience as an adult can also backslide. Who said in the bible, "It would have been better for them had they not known the truth?
There are more than a few protestants who go through the motions regardless of when they are baptized. Lets not forget that 2/3 of Protestant still practice infant baptism and its not just those who are saved in your style. There are more than a few Bible only type protestants who run around with foul mouths, drinking heavily often, doing drugs,(Which include pot for Marge and her buddies.) The baptists who can be found in the bar the next county over who beat people over the head with their bibles talking grape juice. But hey no matter what they do its all good. They dont need no stinking church, or preacher to be telling them whats what. They know because the bible told them so or others who say baptism isnt necessary at all.
Well it is performed in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. It is not something seen but it is believed and Jesus asked that it be done. He didnt give an age. Just as many wanted to touch Christ or the Centurion who had faith a miracle took place. It is a gift for you and your children as Peter said. As St Faustina wrote in her diary. The water washes away our sin, and the blood washes our souls. For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and all of the world.
As,I Said I know,a,lot of others,do it ..fine by me,..just your confirmation is closer to what some believe of Baptism .
The,Baptists,I know,Don t go to bars..get drunk and,whatever ...
They are nice folks..

And none,say you can do what you Wang ..they preAch repentance for SIN..same,as you do ..just to GOD ..no priest

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#498990 Dec 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
And,some,Ororsestants,dedicate d the,baby ..Congregations,agree,to help.the child in his,Christian walk ...Baptism comes,with or after REAL profession of Faith ..not set words,..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 989,740
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 38 min Chilli J 41,866
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 5 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Would the world have been better off...without ... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 11
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr Tony 6,595
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 14 hr Big Al 565
our STORE is starting on politics 17 hr Kill Your Television 3
More from around the web