Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,032
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#498639 Dec 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you a nickel the Christian folks here would be less offended by my use of the word jackass than the word you used. Btw, jackass is slang too...lol.
Actually Anthony that's,not what folks,are upset about ..though her answer to you was that her priest you told Dr to talk to said he whole thing not just initials ..

I asked her nicely this morning to ease,stop insulting and the "bedroom """ nasty innuendo she said about Sera,and Cowboy ...which I won t repeat ....I was surprised sed do that on THIS forum

And what she said yesterday ..And calling Sera a sociopath .

I asked nicely that in the Spirit of Advent she PLEASE keep her posts to non personal ..I'm used to it ...But bedroom talk is a,nice way of putting it ..

And yes as you noted she and I have a,history ..and I apologize it was brought here .angry as you might get at me ...I try being respectful
Personally .
Most of us have one thing in Common ..Love of our LORD ...I may disAgree with you But have no doubts on that ..

I have forgiven the slander TO ME..But it would be nice not to have smut here ...at least ..

So you can call it what you want ..But I asked nicely ..And meant it

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#498640 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Ma'am --- I'm a Baptist.
OH OH!

Fred Phelps incorporated!!!

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#498641 Dec 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol You ????never ..Lol
As,long as,we can't call You aging ..Lol...poor Nick HeHe
I am an aging raging bull..lol

Prince George, Canada

#498642 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE or WHEN did I ever make that claim?
You cherry-picked scriptures, rather than using your own brain to discuss religion.

Is this one also to be taken figuratively rather than literally?

Isaiah 45:7 ASV
American Standard Version

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
Liam

United States

#498643 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? What name was that?
The Church that Jesus started is simply called "the Church". As they expanded, the Church applied the adjective "Universal" to it. Universal means Catholic. As early as 100 AD, Christians were calling themselves the "Catholic Church." It wasn't a name that expressed a different Church. The Church never ceased to exist. There wasn't a coup or transfer of power to another "church". Its always been there. "Roman" describes the diocese of Rome and the Roman rite. But its not separate from the other Catholic Churches. Peter set the Church up in Rome. Its still there today and Pope Francis is the 266th Bishop of Rome.

in the 4th century, this Church compiled a Christian Bible at the councils of Rome, Carthidge and Hippo, eventually giving Protestantism something to beat them over the head with.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#498644 Dec 9, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I am an aging raging bull..lol
Oh well glad e didn't get in trouble for the slip. Lol .Sis it's your Latin fire ...I'm sure it's just gotten better with age :)

Prince George, Canada

#498645 Dec 9, 2013
truth wrote:
You believe in destruction not Creation.
Creator exist liked or not.
According to Christian-teaching the creator is supposed to come to DESTROY the earth.

I don't believe in such destruction.

I believe the earth AND all forms of life deserves BETTER treatment.

Prince George, Canada

#498646 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church that Jesus started is simply called "the Church".
I find it difficult to picture a Jewish Rabbi preaching Judaism in a Catholic church.

I'll bet it would be a first for the Rabbi AND for the Catholic congregation.

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#498647 Dec 9, 2013
When Jesus Christ become slender on Cross..o yee its judgment.
Is that nice and please after with full prayers?
yee
people please and pray too
shout with joy or shout with sorrow too

by
Liam

United States

#498648 Dec 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You already TOTALLY LOST this portion of the Biblical debate. Please move on and 'SIMPLY' answer the questions. The questions are yes or no questions.
I answered "No" then "Yes". You didn't say we couldn't add an explanation..
truth

Perth, Australia

#498649 Dec 9, 2013
Is destruction when you try destroy then renew?
You mean like that.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#498650 Dec 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well glad e didn't get in trouble for the slip. Lol .Sis it's your Latin fire ...I'm sure it's just gotten better with age :)
I have mellowed with age...lol
truth

Perth, Australia

#498651 Dec 9, 2013
I call that when someone try play, Masters or Gods.
No, there is a not place for ordinary person.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#498652 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are not Christian in the true sense of the word.
Hell is for unrepentant sinners, and according to Christianity I sin if I don't believe in Jesus. And I don't believe in Jesus, so therefore to a Christian I am an unrepentant sinner that will end up in hell.
You can't BE honest with others unless you are first honest with your self.
Oh get real.
I don't condemn anyone, as I am not their judge.
YOU admit to not believing in Jesus. Therefore, you have already condemned yourself.

Location hidden

#498653 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Another shape-shifter.
It's literal ONLY when you want it to be literal. Otherwise it's figurative, or based on metaphor or some other brand of inference.
Silly games played by silly people.
So you claim...

'the preacher'

Location hidden

#498654 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You cherry-picked scriptures, rather than using your own brain to discuss religion.
Is this one also to be taken figuratively rather than literally?
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
I still never made the claim you said I did.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#498655 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda brings a tear to your eye don't it June?
Liam

United States

#498656 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT Jesus was speaking figuratively, not literally ------ and Peter is not the cornerstone OR the foundation --- JESUS IS.
Jesus was speaking figuratively? Says who? Jesus never said that. He was giving us the Eucharist for spiritual nourishment. "The flesh is of no avail; the words I have spoken to you are spirit and life" John 6:63

The Eucharist isn't going to nourish us physically- like fruits and vegetables. Its food for our souls; His real presence. Its not for our flesh its for our souls.
(John 6:58, Cor 11:23)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#498657 Dec 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Working for the Lord
Peace
Since you have not responded to me in the past, I don't know why I should expect you to do so now...?
Who spoke to Saul on the road to Damscus, and when?
Who spoke to John in the Book of Revelation, and when?
There is nothing in the Bible that says Jesus will not verbally speak to people after his ascension. You are presuming God cannot do something....
Likewise, although there is no name under the heavens through which to speak to God, the Holy Spirit does impel human beings to have faith, hope, and love in God. Thus through the Holy Spirit, one can and does speak directly with God....
Peace
Saul and John were Apostles. The last person he talked to was his Apostle John, no other person after this can talk to God verbally or one on one. This is why you have a bible for, so he can talk to you and you can pray to him. Prove to me someone other than the Apostle who has talked to God after the Apostle John , but i would be happy to prove it which I mentioned to you earlier, now there dead and NO ONE CAN TALK TO GOD NOW but I like for you to prove it, which I know you can't, as this is why the bible is for, to take the physical absence of Jesus until we meet him again in heaven.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#498658 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just silly man. Nobody can trace you guys before 1850 AD. Protestants were fed up with the hundreds of denominations so some got together and wanted a more valid sounding church. Little did they know the name was already taken.
Try reading the New Testament and tell me how the Church of Chris worships and then tell me how the Catholics worships and then tell me how the bible tells how we are to worship according to the bible and then you will have the true church, and I can guarantee it wont be the Catholic church. The Church of Christ was established in 33 AD, the Catholic church in 606 AD, quite a difference in years don't you agree? Read Acts 2 and 3 and you will see how the church is to worship, if they don't worship according to God's way then how can they be the church of the bible, they can't. Read my post 498481 and this should help you understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min lil whispers 603,684
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 765,075
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Pegasus 263,608
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 38 min Prince Helmut von... 33,135
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min Remnant of 144000 39,165
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 52 min WasteWater 4,964
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Ayyan 1,187
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 7 hr truth 932

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE