Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641856 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498892 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's our problem Chuck, we interpret scripture differently than you. I give you scripture as to how and why I'm saved and you tell me I'm wrong.
You've never given me scripture on how you were saved. You said it was by the faith of your parents when you were 3 months old.

I never said you were wrong, God's Word does.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498893 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith and baptism. Jesus said you have to have both. Catholics who are baptized and reject the faith later in life (Mike comes to mind), will be condemned. So, you're kind of right in that what you call "getting wet" didn't save them.
Yep you need faith and nope a 3 month old doesn't have it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498894 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a Catholic SAINT ... according to the Catholic church fathers.
ARE YOU KIDDING???
A Jewish SAINT-John??? I think NOT!!!
The Catholic fathers vilified the Jews, and they idolized Jesus because they wrote that he was the only WISE Jew who chose to be baptized by St. John the Baptist INTO Catholicism.
LIARS ... one and all!!!
You don't understand the relationship between Judaism and Catholicism. Catholicism came from Judaism, it's the end result, the fulfillment of it. So yes, all of the first Catholic Christians were Jews AND saints. The Jews who rejected Christ/Catholic Christianity (actually they were the ones who convinced Pilate to crucify Him) spent a lot of time persecuting the Catholic Christian Jews, so yes, the bad blood goes back a long time...

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#498895 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you SERIOUS???
The Catholics owned images of Jesus in THEIR imaginations long long before the horny ex-monk Martin Luther created Protestantism, and long long before you created images of Jesus into YOUR image of your self-perceived "HOLY" self.
All believers in Jesus, are certain they have title to Jesus as their own property RIGHTS. And they don't have any intentions of sharing those property rights with those who refuse to believe as THEY (and Jesus, of course) believes.
Humans in religion seem to be born to mock each other.
June VanDerMark
I agree an image being held as worship is blasphemy. Jesus died for all that believe in Him.

Riccardo
marge

Leesburg, GA

#498896 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith and baptism. Jesus said you have to have both. Catholics who are baptized and reject the faith later in life (Mike comes to mind), will be condemned. So, you're kind of right in that what you call "getting wet" didn't save them.
kinda right lol, so then you agree water-baptism never saved anyone.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498897 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Peter 1:19 And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, 20 knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. 21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
***Why do you ignore Peter's words about scripture Tony? Catholics don't need God's Word. Man-made doctrines are much better.
Of course Catholics need God's Word. St. Peter says "baptism now saves you".

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#498898 Dec 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion is based on GREED!
"God loves ME ... but YOU are not worthy of love as I AM. I know it and better yet, GOD knows it is TRUE."
Silly, silly humans.
June VanDerMark
I agree June, greed is a big part of religion, that is why Jesus was very disgusted at religion and knocked over the tables, do you remember that part? That's why we need to follow Jesus not a religion. Thanks again for making that point.

Riccardo
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498899 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never given me scripture on how you were saved. You said it was by the faith of your parents when you were 3 months old.
I never said you were wrong, God's Word does.
I never said "I was saved by my parents faith". Actually, you don't even believe in "gettin' saved" the way the apostles and the early Church did. That's the problem.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#498900 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Catholics need God's Word. St. Peter says "baptism now saves you".
you can't have it both ways.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#498901 Dec 10, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Vatican Bank Scandal #2, the first one was in 1985
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/3029390a-5c68-...
.....again! would you rather stand up for and DEFEND criminals in your church or stand up for law abiding citizens who want accountability, honesty, and integrity from your church leaders at the highest level who are freely using your collection money for illegal purposes than what was intended?
I already know your answer AGAIN!......... SILENCE!!!.......
UNBELIEVABLE!
Your hatred is showing.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498902 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said "I was saved by my parents faith". Actually, you don't even believe in "gettin' saved" the way the apostles and the early Church did. That's the problem.
Ok..I'll play along.

What happened when you were baptized at 3 months old?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498903 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep you need faith and nope a 3 month old doesn't have it.
Faith AND baptism. Jesus said it.

Where does He say in what order they have to be? Why are others baptized on the expression of faith of the head of the household? Why do all of the earliest Christians immediately following the completion of the bible think completely different about baptism than you?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#498904 Dec 10, 2013
Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498905 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Catholics need God's Word. St. Peter says "baptism now saves you".
When catholics use this verse, why do they leave out what the verse actually means????

21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

* Did you appeal to God when you were 3 months old Tony???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498906 Dec 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
kinda right lol, so then you agree water-baptism never saved anyone.
lol, no.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498907 Dec 10, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't have it both ways.
Ummm, yes I can. You need BOTH faith AND baptism to be saved.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498908 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith AND baptism. Jesus said it.
Where does He say in what order they have to be? Why are others baptized on the expression of faith of the head of the household? Why do all of the earliest Christians immediately following the completion of the bible think completely different about baptism than you?
Again...only opinions ...no proof.

Why would someone who has never put their faith in Christ get baptized?

This really isn't your argument is it Tony???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498909 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok..I'll play along.
What happened when you were baptized at 3 months old?
"Or are you unaware that we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might live in newness of life."

"You were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead."

"For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498910 Dec 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When catholics use this verse, why do they leave out what the verse actually means????
21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
* Did you appeal to God when you were 3 months old Tony???
The verse means that baptism DOESN'T save you?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498911 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said "I was saved by my parents faith". Actually, you don't even believe in "gettin' saved" the way the apostles and the early Church did. That's the problem.
Fromm catholic topics about infant baptism:

More detail is given in Luke’s account of this event, which reads: "Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them; and when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to him, saying,‘Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God’" (Luke 18:15–16).

**Couple things Tony. Baptism is never mention in this passage and there is no indication the children who came to Jesus in the passage were not baptized.

So why do you folks use this verse to support infant baptism?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Joe Fortuna 38,634
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min DENG 38,358
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 104,762
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Steve III 618,440
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min Brian_G 970,102
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 1 hr WifeofanIgboMan 81
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr good observation 44,453
More from around the web