Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675587 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Catholic Religion

Allentown, PA

#498759 Dec 10, 2013
I can tell you for a fact that there is a God, only one God and he does exist.
GOD.... that's it, nothing else (period). Plain and simple, the creator, Lord, The Great Spirit (as referred to by the Native American Indians), or the Supreme Being, Lord, The creator, are all the same.

I don't follow religions, or their complicated teachings or beliefs, I really do not share my experiences with anyone, what is between God and me is private and nobody else's business. I get what I get out of the bible and interpret what I read all by myself, without influence or suggestion from anyone else. I don't have to get holy sacraments that some churches provide, or have to confess my sins to a man in a booth to feel better about myself, or to be “saved” in order to be able to go to heaven. I can make mistakes on my own, and I don't need anybody's help or blind faith anymore, thank you.

I was born and raised a Catholic, when I was about 7 or 8 years old I was forced to go to “Catechism” on Saturdays and or Sundays to learn more about and become indoctrinated into the Catholic religion. I saw my classmates who didn’t believe and objected to the Catholic teachings, and they were called “heathens”, manipulated and humiliated until they finally gave in.
The indoctrination of children is much easier when they are young and open to new things, and easily fooled, however, if you really look back to your religious teachings you will find the classic tell tale signs of brainwashing. The instilled fear, you are going to burn in hell!!! That really gets your attention as a child and scares the crap out of you. The repeated prayers, remember this?…The Creed that was repeated like a thousand times!!! I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the Resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
You need to be saved!!! Save from what? Your own acceptance of the confusing information that you were taught and you knew was incorrect, unbelievable, far-fetched, but you went along with it anyways, also, you were probably told you are not trying hard enough, that you are lacking something, maybe deficient, or that you are not worshipping correctly, maybe, a lack of faith, or that you were reading the Bible wrong. Regardless, you bought it, or like myself, after numerous debates, questions, and pointing out everything that stunk, I finally just went along with it to appease my parents and not to create anymore dissention because it was easier that way.
Catholic Religion

Allentown, PA

#498760 Dec 10, 2013
I realized from the start that it was a bunch of bull crap. When I asked questions when I was a child about my religion that I was forced into like so many other kids, I realized even at such a young age that it was all bull crap. I was ridiculed, manipulated, intimidated, controlled, embarrassed, ashamed, and repeatedly told that I was a heathen, a non-beleiver, and that I would go to hell. Come on -really? I was 10 years old. So, I decided when I was a teenager, a realist, that I can not count on others to make my important decisions for me and allow others to do my thinking when it came to God, so I decided to reach out all by myself to seek the answers, find solutions, and uncover the truth. I found it, the answer is, "GOD", who is all knowing, all powerful, and who has the ability to do anything at any given time.

The Bible reads, Exodus 20:3, You shall gave no other God's before me.
Isaiah 44:6 - There is no other God beside me.

Some religious teachings obviously worship many false prophets, false idols, false beliefs, the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Ghost), and some pray to Saints, the Virgin Mary, the Pope, Haley-Bop Comet, Sun worship, or other mysterious charlatans, etc. This is all wrong and absolutely ridiculous, so far fetched and untrue. If you believe in the devil, the great deceiver, he could have created these entities and other confusing religious stumbling block components in order to lead you astray to worship him. So in other words, people think they are worshipping God, are surreptitiously worshipping Satan. "...just because you don't bow on your knees and worship an idol or an invisible being, does not mean you are not a Satan worshiper. The worship of any other god (s) is the same thing. There are no other gods. They are demons and Satan is in control of them.

Just worship God, and you'll be okay...

God has always existed, he wasn't born a man to die.

Catholics and other Christian based faiths refer to God as Jesus and visa versa.

The Old and New Testament, Jesus never said he was God, and he never wanted to be worshipped.

God is God, but Catholics incorporate God (the Father), Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit all as one entity known as the "Trinity".

"True religion is not about possessing the truth. No religion does that. It is rather an invitation into a journey that leads one toward the mystery of God. Idolatry is religion pretending that it has all the answers."

Here's a very controversial interesting video regarding the origins of religion and the similarities to modern religions of today.

Catholic Religion

Allentown, PA

#498761 Dec 10, 2013
I've studied and researched all different kinds of religions and I came to my own conclusion to seek answers to find the truth.
Isn't that what people should be after? The truth. The corroborating truth in your own mind to know what God is, and more importantly what God isn't instead of just being a follower?

I think the single most important question to human beings is why am I here?
I've inquired with fast talking slick priests, pastors, etc., as to their take about the meaning of life and God, I always was bombarded with bullshit as they let on to me that they know. The most simple answer should be is "I don't know", because nobody really know the definitive truth.

Life on earth has existed for millions of years, so why now in the last 2000 years or so have we been given the idea that someone "a savior" will come back to earth to save all of us. And, save us from what? I think that religion is all about "control".

Religion is basically "organized thinking" in a certain belief system, however, when groups of people think alike, they stop thinking and they do not think for themselves. That's what you call classic reinforced "brainwashing". For example, the Catholics teach that God died on the cross for our sins, they repeat this sympathetic phrase over and over again instilling it into the minds of people until they believe it. God died on the cross for our sins. Huhhh?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498762 Dec 10, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>that's right. We are all human. Not one of the posters on here are sinless.
So you acknowledge you have a filthy mouth and you said you didn't. I guess you're now a liar with a filthy mouth. Now say 10 Hail Marys and all will be forgotten. thanks

It's the classic...I'm caught in a lie so let me take the focus off me and say we are all human and no one is sinless....lol pricelss!!!!

Since: Sep 09

Kitwanga, Canada

#498765 Dec 10, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda brings a tear to your eye don't it June?
Yeah ... it for sure does.

Robert F, a.k.a. tried to claim that the part about Jehovah creating "evil" was not meant to be "understood" in the literal sense of the word. But he never mentioned that the part about Jehovah creating "good" meant anything other than its literal interpretation.

Word manipulation begins ... and continues, in imagination.
Catholic Religion

Allentown, PA

#498766 Dec 10, 2013
I can tell you for a fact that there is a God, only one God and he does exist.
GOD.... that's it, nothing else (period). Plain and simple, the creator, Lord, The Great Spirit (as referred to by the Native American Indians), or the Supreme Being, Lord, The creator, are all the same.
I don't follow religions, or their complicated teachings or beliefs, I really do not share my experiences with anyone, what is between God and me is private and nobody else's business. I get what I get out of the bible and interpret what I read all by myself, without influence or suggestion from anyone else. I don't have to get holy sacraments that some churches provide, or have to confess my sins to a man in a booth to feel better about myself, or to be “saved” in order to be able to go to heaven. I can make mistakes on my own, and I don't need anybody's help or blind faith anymore, thank you.
I was born and raised a Catholic, when I was about 7 or 8 years old I was forced to go to “Catechism” on Saturdays and or Sundays to learn more about and become indoctrinated into the Catholic religion. I saw my classmates who didn’t believe and objected to the Catholic teachings, and they were called “heathens”, manipulated and humiliated until they finally gave in.
The indoctrination of children is much easier when they are young and open to new things, and easily fooled, however, if you really look back to your religious teachings you will find the classic tell tale signs of brainwashing. The instilled fear, you are going to burn in hell!!! That really gets your attention as a child and scares the crap out of you. The repeated prayers, remember this?…The Creed that was repeated like a thousand times!!! I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the Resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
You need to be saved!!! Save from what? Your own acceptance of the confusing information that you were taught and you knew was incorrect, unbelievable, far-fetched, but you went along with it anyways, also, you were probably told you are not trying hard enough, that you are lacking something, maybe deficient, or that you are not worshipping correctly, maybe, a lack of faith, or that you were reading the Bible wrong. Regardless, you bought it, or like myself, after numerous debates, questions, and pointing out everything that stunk, I finally just went along with it to appease my parents and not to create anymore dissention because it was easier that way.
I realized from the start that it was a bunch of bull crap. When I asked questions when I was a child about my religion that I was forced into like so many other kids, I realized even at such a young age that it was all bull crap. I was ridiculed, manipulated, intimidated, controlled, embarrassed, ashamed, and repeatedly told that I was a heathen, a non-beleiver, and that I would go to hell. Come on -really? I was 10 years old. So, I decided when I was a teenager, a realist, that I can not count on others to make my important decisions for me and allow others to do my thinking when it came to God, so I decided to reach out all by myself to seek the answers, find solutions, and uncover the truth. I found it, the answer is, "GOD", who is all knowing, all powerful, and who has the ability to do anything at any given time.
The Bible reads, Exodus 20:3, You shall gave no other God's before me.
Isaiah 44:6 - There is no other God beside me.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498767 Dec 10, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church was founded by the Emperor...in about 380...it is based on Paganism...
Christ referred to seven churches in Rev...none of which He referred to as Catholic and/or catholic...
The original New Testament church was corrupted and replaced by a new church with strange religious doctrines and unscriptural forms of worship.

Kitwanga, Canada

#498768 Dec 10, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, Jesus is for all of us, and distanced himself from the religious people.
So now are in you insinuating that Jesus' self was not religious?

Do you believe that Jesus was sent to earth to preach philosophy rather than theology?

How funny.

So, I'll rephrase the question.

Do you believe that Jesus was sent to earth to preach Jewish philosophy, Catholic philosophy ... or Protestant philosophy?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#498769 Dec 10, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you are right, Peter was never in Rome. I would love for the Catholics to prove to us that we're wrong, but I know they can't. Peter was never a Pope and would love to see them prove that also, but again, they can't. People are finally seeing the truth of the Catholic church, that being they are nothing more than a man made church teaching false doctrine, finally they are exposed for the sin of teaching false doctrine and sadly all that believed in their doctrine are lost.I urge all those who are currently members of the Catholic church to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and be baptized and know for sure you are saved.
Show me a Bible verse that says Peter was never in Rome. I'm not interested in an opinion on a particular verse where you have to draw a conclusion, like "if Peter was in Rome, then Paul would have addressed him in a letter". That means nothing. When Paul wrote to the Romans, things were rather chaotic within Christendom. He probably had no idea if Peter was dead or in prison. The Church was scattered and a bit unorganized. That's all the more proof of its Divine guidance. Most organizations would never have made it through persecution like that.

You need to examine writings outside of sacred scripture. There you can see that Peter was in Rome and died there. There is absolutely no reason for the second generation of Christians to make it up. There was nothing glamorous about Peter dying there. And there is no way the second generation could have foreseen the future conversion of the Roman Empire and the very future opinion of fanatics calling the Roman Catholic Church the Whore of Babylon. No reason they'd falsely say he was in Rome vs Jerusalem or Antioch.

Its a shame you say Peters life and adventurers is spelled out in the 27 Books of the NT.

Kitwanga, Canada

#498770 Dec 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't prove any religion is true - as there are many unknowns.
Stop back-peddling "Christian".
You are just mad I am more content in my belief than you are.
You must be living a grumpy life and jealous of me, huh?
I'm content, happy, cheerful, smart, giddy, and all-around fun loving.
Bummer for you.
Your post is comparable to that of a 5 years of age child.

Some "LEADER" you would make.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#498771 Dec 10, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Catholics have told other Catholics on this board when they've stepped over the line. What's it to you? I mean, as far as you're concerned we're not even Christian.
You have said you are not a Christian by your testimony. You said you were saved at baptism when you were 3 months old because of the faith of your parents.

I can't find anywhere that this kind of doctrine is truth. This is a doctrine of men not God. So tell me, how can you convince me you're a Christian?

Is it because you eat wafers and do good deeds

Kitwanga, Canada

#498772 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text> That's what I said, we have prayer to talk to him and he listens to us and answers our prayers.
I suggest that from the beginning of religion, humans believed that gods and goddesses were listening in on conversation of humans and answering prayers.

Your religion is simply one more among many, many religions.

Saviors in religions were and are ... a dime a dozen ... metaphorically stating.
truth

Brookdale, Australia

#498773 Dec 10, 2013
don't put shame over yourself..
a de l.id.e r
a tako
to od lida
a tako
olovo ili lid
negrizi olovku
who bite pen its from ne.r.vosze
who
a tako you wait voz
e pa koliko neko zove
a tako vi ste neki zovac
jeste
jelto prevodioc
prividioc
ili ili ili
don't be sily
dico ko zedne priko vode

Kitwanga, Canada

#498774 Dec 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah loves those who walk in His ways.
Why should He favor one over the other? Why should He be biased?
Is He not who created every one on this earth?
Why should He favor one group, irrespective of what acts they are doing?
Because the Jewish theologians WROTE Jehovah into their dogmas, and so it follows that they believe they OWN all his favors, as he in turn vilifies others who don't practice pure, unadulterated Judaism.

Each group mentally created, and therefore owns (or SHOULD own)their own god. That is why it was such a nasty trick for Catholics, Muslims and Protestants to claim that Jehovah betrayed the Jews to give THEM (individually) all of his favors.

I suggest that (within the realm of theologies) each group instead should have created their own gods.
truth

Brookdale, Australia

#498775 Dec 10, 2013
a aiiiii ko neka utvarina zovko
ko vozi
nothing nothing nothing 000
jelto neko zuri
au auuuuu mamicu mu
ko bi to mogo biti
jelto neki zlatni
u swici
to je oni bez zdjice
nezjicaj jerkoh ti
shut up
auuuuuuuuu mamicu mu

rekoh ti lako ces prepoznati pasa
jel to oni sa pasa od we at bel ta
molim prevodioc
ili milom ili silom..e kome sije a kome nije
no no dot come home

a gdje ce svicha da bude
kome svijecha a kom.e pro.$c.vat
auuuuuuuuuu mamicu mu

Kitwanga, Canada

#498776 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text> God has one church
Humans have been creating gods to serve them since religion began.

Before humans created gods in their imaginations, other animals existed and carried on reproducing and multiplying ... some going extinct and the strong ones surviving and morphing into other animal forms.

Humans are nothing special. And from my perspective, we don't deserve to BE special.

Kitwanga, Canada

#498777 Dec 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One can Blaspheme only against GOD
Not if any of those human-manufactured gods don't exist.

Kitwanga, Canada

#498778 Dec 10, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is God, or did you forget that too?
Does this Christ of your imagination serve the Jews as his chosen few???

If he doesn't, then I suggest he's a fraud created in the imaginations of the church-father-Catholics!
Exposing The Antichrist

Clearlake, CA

#498779 Dec 10, 2013
Most people are familiar with the torture and murder of an estimated eleven million people branded as heretics by the Roman Catholic Church that happened over a nine century period.

But it wasn't just in Europe that this slaughter occurred in an effort to force people to accept the authority of the Roman Catholic church.

In the Americas the genocide far exceeded the murders done by the Christians in Europe.

Whole civilizations were destroyed!

The methods of execution of men, women, and children by these good Christians were unbelievably grotesque!

Today it's obvious that a different strategy has to be worked out to continue to prove to humanity that the Roman Catholic church is the only true church.

What kind of strategy do you suppose can explain the murder of over 60 million people that occurred to protect a church that claims to worship the Prince of Peace, calling him a god?

What kind of explanation for these horrible crimes against humanity would be acceptable to a person today of average intelligence?

Do you think anyone in their right mind still buys the idea that this murderous group with so much blood on it's hands represents the GOD that the historical Jesus taught is LOVE?

Now that we no longer have to be worried about being burned alive for our views, let us speak out and bring an end to this monstrous insanity that calls itself the only true church!

Kitwanga, Canada

#498780 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text> When you are water baptized you are given the holy spirit
Do you believe that before the ritual of baptism, all humans would be deprived of favors from the gods of their worship?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 46,194
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 184,746
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 40 min Catcher1 110,267
snapchat dirty pics shemale (May '14) 58 min Cali4real12 30
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Bongo 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 982,210
immigrant muslims in new jersey are destroying ... 6 hr Sethlong 5
More from around the web