Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,948
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#498334 Dec 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And GOD IS NOT IN ANY RELIGION
If you believe that "GOD" is not in any religion, then there is NO benefit for you to BE a Christian.

You might as well be a Muslim or an Atheist ... as that means that GOD loves everybody without any conditions put on the love whatsoever.

Silly people!

Prince George, Canada

#498335 Dec 9, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June OnDerMark
Correct. You have discovered the essence of the fallacy of OSAS(Once Saved Always Saved).
It is for this reason, one must live humbly....
To have confidence in God, resides in faith and hope in God, and not in one's own beliefs, which change. As one abides with God, the wisdom shared by God provides confidence in His Promises, including salvation in and through Jesus Christ....
Peace
P.S. Your not always wrong..., just most of the time.(smiles)
If you don't have COMPLETE faith that you are saved for belonging to the Catholic religion, then you might as well be an Atheist.

Your are a fraud Robert F.

You don't even believe that Jesus saves Protestants, as you admitted that you left the Protestant religion and went back to the Catholic religion because you studied the Christian religion back to its Catholic roots.

Prince George, Canada

#498336 Dec 9, 2013
Muslim ... "You will now have to remove your name Jehovah, as henceforth you will love ONLY Muslims, and that name Jehovah sounds too Jewish."

Jehovah ... "Well the Catholics already informed me that I no longer love the Jews and that they are now my enemies, so my name is simply GOD."

Muslim ... "But your love does NOT belong to Catholics. It now belongs totally to Muslims as WE own the only truth in the universe. We will now refer to you as Allah, which simply means GOD."

Jehovah ... "Well the Jews still call me Jehovah, and as that is my given title, I think I'll hang on to it, and you can just PRETEND that my name is plain old GOD."

Muslim ... "I guess as long as you don't let it be known that you still prefer the name Jehovah, people on earth won't know the difference."

Jehovah ... "That's right. They don't even know that I don't exist, except in their imaginations."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498337 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why do you not worship Bel? He answered: because I do not revere man made idols, but the living God when created Heaven and Earth and has dominion over all flesh"
Daniel 14:5
I believe if you understood how this verse was torn from your Bible, you wouldn't be so anti Catholic. The facts surrounding the Bible compilation destroys sola scripture and Protestantism in general.
They have failed the tests...."doubtful writings"....Apocrypha...

Prince George, Canada

#498338 Dec 9, 2013
Protestant ... "I know your name is God as I talk to you all the time.

Jehovah ... "And of course I love ONLY Protestants ... RIGHT."

Protestant ... "How did YOU KNOW I was going to insist on that emotion? OH SILLY ME, you know everything."

Jehovah ... "Did you know that my real title is Jehovah, and that I still ONLY love the Jews as my chosen few?"

Protestant ... "HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME BY INSINUATING THAT YOU DON'T LOVE ME???"

Jehovah ... "Now you know how YOU insult ME when you don't call ME by my given name."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498339 Dec 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus departed from the earth, there was "No Church" established on Earth.
This is a historical fact, why you ask people to close their eyes from truth?
Jesus never even uttered the word Church!!(He did not speak Greek or Latin!!).
How can you say that your Roman Catholic Church was "established" by Jesus Himself?
You wrote:

When Jesus departed from the earth, there was "No Church" established on Earth.

Jesus told His disciples that one of His purposes for coming was to "build my church!"

What is the church?

Thatís right - YOU ARE, the people...born again....obeying the Gospel of Jesus Christ....baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

And the people who accept His forgiveness on His terms make up.....the church.

If you DO NOT understand the physical.....how are you going to understand the SPIRITUAL???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498340 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, enough with this trash talking. And i know I'm more guilty of that than anyone. You served the Lord for a very long time and I respect that.
For me, this forum has run its course. On top of that, my phone was hacked while on here a couple weeks ago. Plus, the video adds often block my session. I have to log out and log on sometimes. Its getting to annoying. So just so you know - in case I don't make it back on for awhile- I'm sorry for being a jerk and I appreciate your sincere zeal for the scriptures and the Lord. I hope you'll reconsider some of your views on Catholicism someday.
Peace.
A teaching moment from Liam.

Liam says.......I'm sorry for being a jerk. Listen, enough with this trash talking. And i know I'm MORE guilty of that than anyone.

Michael says.....Thats a long time coming. Your conscience was bothering you wasn't it? Mine is calm and clear.

You will be back soon. Anthony told us the same thing. He came back.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498341 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus (who used to be faithful to Judaism) is still slaving away in the Catholic confessionals, forgiveness doesn't NEED to come from elsewhere.
:)
It's a pity that these people aren't able to make fun of their own theology.
June says;....If Jesus (who used to be faithful to Judaism)

Michael says.......but Judaism was not faithful to Jesus because Judaism does not believe in Jesus or sons of God.

Prince George, Canada

#498342 Dec 9, 2013
Those in polytheist religions at least had the decency to create their own images of gods.

Of course the gods still hated bad behavior in OTHERS ... but at least they didn't try to persuade other men's god-creations to love and serve them. They simply created gods as they needed them.

Back then, there was no shortage of gods, and in some religions, there still is no shortage of gods.

But when the Jews rationed their god to love only them ... god-theft seemed necessary to the Catholics, Muslims and Protestants. "He's MINE." No HE's NOT. HE's MINE, MINE, MINE!"

Stupid, stupid humans.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498343 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I did go to mass. I didn't apologize though. I don't know that I made up anything.
You already have a half dozen posts today about child sexual abuse.(at least 30 yesterday) By the end of next week you'll have over a hundred.
Its all you think about, all you Google, its all you seem to wanna discuss. To me, that raises a red flag.
And if there was a lie, so what? Atheists can't define what a lie is. You want me to say sorry to God? What God? You have no moral reasoning to declare I'm lying. Atheist can argue that a lie is a tactical move, but not something that is wrong.
Liam posted at 4:00 pm yesterday........."I did go to mass. I didn't apologize though". I don't know that I made up anything.

Michael says......Liam couldn't sleep last night worrying about the negative comments he made to Michael. So this morning groggy Liam reached way down inside feeling guilty and decided he cannot have another restless night so he admitted saying things he shouldn't have.

Prince George, Canada

#498344 Dec 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís right - YOU ARE, the people...born again....obeying the Gospel of Jesus Christ....baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
And now that you are born again ... YOU are obeying all the same thoughts and behavior as Jesus ... RIGHT ... and OTHERS will spend eternity in Christian hell ... RIGHT ... because Jesus is now a Christian just like you ... RIGHT???

Arrogant fool!!!

Prince George, Canada

#498345 Dec 9, 2013
Religious preachers are all of the same mindset. "I got it right, and you other slobs are too dumb to get it right. I am the wise one with the knowledge, so FOLLOW ME! I'll lead the way as I am enlightened!!!"

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#498346 Dec 9, 2013
Giving money is something you give according to your ability, sometimes it will be less than other times, but never give more than you can honestly afford to give, if you do you would be taking away from your family. There is no set amount you're to give because things have a tendency to change financially over time as why you simply always give according to your need.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498347 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't deny that the Lord has verbally communicated to people.(Padre Pio, Saint Faustina,)
I just don't believe he did to you. I'm not convinced you show enough holiness. And I'm positive you don't speak the same Christianity as the Apostles. You'd think the Lord would have set you straight on that while you two were rubbin elbows
Liam says.......I don't deny that the Lord has verbally communicated to people.(Padre Pio, Saint Faustina,)
I just don't believe he did to you attemcowboy. I'm not convinced you show enough holiness.

Michael says......Millions of people claim they communicate verbally all the time to the Lord. Why is God not communicating with you? Not enough holiness?

....See! all those negative comments towards Michael keep you from having a fire side chat with God.
Liam

United States

#498348 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam posted at 4:00 pm yesterday........."I did go to mass. I didn't apologize though". I don't know that I made up anything.
Michael says......Liam couldn't sleep last night worrying about the negative comments he made to Michael. So this morning groggy Liam reached way down inside feeling guilty and decided he cannot have another restless night so he admitted saying things he shouldn't have.
I'm back. unfortunately, I still suspect something is amiss with you and your rabid devotion to the subject of child sexual abuse. I don't believe its well intentioned. At the very least you're using that awful subject for personal reasons. To me that's disgusting.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498349 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus did verbally communicate with me, it would be a "private revelation" What Preston doesn't understand is that the "pubic revelation" of the Lord is already deposited. It was given to the Apostles for the world to hear. If Jesus did appear to Preston, it wouldn't be to contradict what the Apostles explained to Ignatius and Clement.
Liam says.....If Jesus did verbally communicate with me, it would be a "private revelation"

Michael says.......what would Jesus talk to you about? The football games on the weekend?

... First you have to stop confusing God with all your alias's. Clay, Will, Claypool, William, Liam.........what is God to think?

Prince George, Canada

#498350 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
June says;....If Jesus (who used to be faithful to Judaism)
Michael says.......but Judaism was not faithful to Jesus because Judaism does not believe in Jesus or sons of God.
If I was a Jew I wouldn't be faithful to a traitor that turned on me by indicating that rather than being one of his chosen few, I was now his enemy, while he chose to preach a religion totally foreign to Judaism.

I'd crucify him in defense of truth.

Tongue in cheek
Liam

United States

#498351 Dec 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They have failed the tests...."doubtful writings"....Apocrypha...
Who's test? Who was the authority to determine the authenticity of those chapters? Don't say the Jews because if your going with their canon, then you need to remove the 27 NT books. Btw, the Ethiopian Jews still have the missing
7 books ..You can't ignore that.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498352 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm back. unfortunately, I still suspect something is amiss with you and your rabid devotion to the subject of child sexual abuse. I don't believe its well intentioned. At the very least you're using that awful subject for personal reasons. To me that's disgusting.
Liam says;......I'm back unfortuantely.

Michael says. Back??!!!!! You never left!!

... WHAT? Today I am talking about God speaking to you. your personal revelation you call it.

PS.... The only personal reasons I discuss that topic is to make people more aware that there are a lot of bad people out there that shouldn't be trusted. The people you won't even mention. Where was God when all this was going on? Answer that.

Prince George, Canada

#498353 Dec 9, 2013
Wacky theology

Jesus deserved to be nailed to a cross and hung out to dry.

He came to earth to betray the god of the Jews, and in turn betray the Jews that the god swore were his chosen few.

Jesus is now a filthy traitor sucking up to Catholics and Protestants ... while the Jews are left with no love whatsoever from Jesus.

However ... at least the REAL GOD in the Abrahamic religion Jehovah is still faithful to ONLY the Jews, and THAT is a "blessing" for the Jews.

The Christians deserve the traitor Jesus, as the Christians were and are also traitors to Judaism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Happy Lesbo 739,931
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 7 min lisa 292
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min HipGnosis 173,776
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min hazem selawi 38,713
New iPhone software update sucks (Sep '12) 25 min ChristINSANITY is... 40
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Dr_Zorderz 259,636
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min ChristINSANITY is... 227,712
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Azphene 154

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••