Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 579,300
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#498353 Dec 9, 2013
Wacky theology

Jesus deserved to be nailed to a cross and hung out to dry.

He came to earth to betray the god of the Jews, and in turn betray the Jews that the god swore were his chosen few.

Jesus is now a filthy traitor sucking up to Catholics and Protestants ... while the Jews are left with no love whatsoever from Jesus.

However ... at least the REAL GOD in the Abrahamic religion Jehovah is still faithful to ONLY the Jews, and THAT is a "blessing" for the Jews.

The Christians deserve the traitor Jesus, as the Christians were and are also traitors to Judaism.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498354 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a Jew I wouldn't be faithful to a traitor that turned on me by indicating that rather than being one of his chosen few, I was now his enemy, while he chose to preach a religion totally foreign to Judaism.
I'd crucify him in defense of truth.
Tongue in cheek
Not to offend people but the whole Jesus story makes no common sense.

The crucifixion, only described in the bible, no where else in our history is there a mention of this act. The story was that a man became a rebel within his own religious belief that he loved so much. Bible says he worshipped in the temple regularily.

.... The jews/romans at the time were known as peaceful people and to crucify someone it would have to be for an extremely heinous crime and if they did crucify him for committing such a terrible crime is that how the new religion was to start by the leader committing terrible crimes against others in the religion you belonged to?

No different than today. If you don't follow the rules or laws of the land you will be persecuted.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498355 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a Jew I wouldn't be faithful to a traitor that turned on me by indicating that rather than being one of his chosen few, I was now his enemy, while he chose to preach a religion totally foreign to Judaism.
I'd crucify him in defense of truth.
Tongue in cheek
as the story goes. A baby born claimed to be the son of God. Born into a religion THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE IN SONS OF GOD, yet this family of Jesus practices this monotheistic system that does not believe in them..........and did this for 33 long years.

....makes no common sense.

....Cutting through all the baloney, if there is a God wouldn't it have been much easier to just appear to everyone in our world the exact same way, and if you still didn't believe let the chips fall where they may. He could do this if he was God.

....that nonsense of standing at the top of a mountain talking to the world doesn't make scientific common sense. Because the world is a sphere everyone knows the farthest one can see is about 80 miles., yet we know there were people living all over the planet.

Prince George, Canada

#498356 Dec 9, 2013
I suggest that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only Christians that still have favor with Jehovah. After all, even THOUGH they claim they are Christians, they, with PRIDE use his real name.

And just as occurs with the Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses don't recognize Jesus as their savior.

I suggest that has to account for at least relative faithfulness TO Jehovah.

Tongue in cheek

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498357 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm back. unfortunately, I still suspect something is amiss with you and your rabid devotion to the subject of child sexual abuse. I don't believe its well intentioned. At the very least you're using that awful subject for personal reasons. To me that's disgusting.
Where is your support team? Where is Anthony, ReginaM. Catholic Girl, GENED, Sophie?

They might secretly give you the odd positive judgie but I don't see them standing up with you.

.........OH! I shouldn't have said that, I am sure now they will come out of hiding and standbye you.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#498358 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Wacky theology
Jesus deserved to be nailed to a cross and hung out to dry.
He came to earth to betray the god of the Jews, and in turn betray the Jews that the god swore were his chosen few.
Jesus is now a filthy traitor sucking up to Catholics and Protestants ... while the Jews are left with no love whatsoever from Jesus.
However ... at least the REAL GOD in the Abrahamic religion Jehovah is still faithful to ONLY the Jews, and THAT is a "blessing" for the Jews.
The Christians deserve the traitor Jesus, as the Christians were and are also traitors to Judaism.
......I always like to get two sides to a story. Evidentally there are no two sides to this story. The bible is the only side and source, and we all know the stories were written by unknown people decades long after this man supposedly died. No one knows that men named Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote these stories and if they did, we can't verify who they really were. Over the centuries there has been a lot of fiction and poetry written to make characters come alive. Look at Shakespeare as people in the audience imagine that these people in the plays actually existed, because they allow their immagination do that. Its comforting, but only illusional.

Was there a man named Yeshua who tripped around Judea like a street person with a dozen merrymen? Quite possibly.

Was he the son of God? For many centuries before there have been many claimed to have been God or sons of God or even Goddesses.

Prince George, Canada

#498359 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to offend people but the whole Jesus story makes no common sense.
I admit that I AM here to offend people. I've never pretended otherwise.

I'm respectful of people in my community who go to church, but on the forum it is an entirely different matter.

If they don't agree with what I post, they can debate from their perspectives, or they can leave and go back to church where they find their COMFORTS with those of like-mind.

I'm not here to mollycoddle anybody.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#498360 Dec 9, 2013
I'm back after a long break! Looks like not much has changed since I last posted ... how is everyone?

Prince George, Canada

#498361 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
as the story goes. A baby born claimed to be the son of God. Born into a religion THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE IN SONS OF GOD, yet this family of Jesus practices this monotheistic system that does not believe in them..........and did this for 33 long years.
....makes no common sense.
....Cutting through all the baloney, if there is a God wouldn't it have been much easier to just appear to everyone in our world the exact same way, and if you still didn't believe let the chips fall where they may. He could do this if he was God.
....that nonsense of standing at the top of a mountain talking to the world doesn't make scientific common sense. Because the world is a sphere everyone knows the farthest one can see is about 80 miles., yet we know there were people living all over the planet.
If a creator exists, it enjoys observing the suffering of all forms of life. Otherwise it would have created a plan that didn't involve suffering.

It's as simple as that.

Religion is bunk!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#498362 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's test? Who was the authority to determine the authenticity of those chapters? Don't say the Jews because if your going with their canon, then you need to remove the 27 NT books. Btw, the Ethiopian Jews still have the missing
7 books ..You can't ignore that.
Clay,

What were the Jews responsible for?????

Romans 3:2

2 Much in every way! First of all, the Jews have been entrusted with the very words of God.

The Jews were responsible for keeping ALIVE the Word of God.
Liam

United States

#498363 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says;......I'm back unfortuantely.
Michael says. Back??!!!!! You never left!!
... WHAT? Today I am talking about God speaking to you. your personal revelation you call it.
PS.... The only personal reasons I discuss that topic is to make people more aware that there are a lot of bad people out there that shouldn't be trusted. The people you won't even mention. Where was God when all this was going on? Answer that.
God never spoke to me in a audible voice, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Prince George, Canada

#498364 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......I always like to get two sides to a story. Evidentally there are no two sides to this story. The bible is the only side and source, and we all know the stories were written by unknown people decades long after this man supposedly died. No one knows that men named Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote these stories and if they did, we can't verify who they really were. Over the centuries there has been a lot of fiction and poetry written to make characters come alive. Look at Shakespeare as people in the audience imagine that these people in the plays actually existed, because they allow their immagination do that. Its comforting, but only illusional.
Was there a man named Yeshua who tripped around Judea like a street person with a dozen merrymen? Quite possibly.
Was he the son of God? For many centuries before there have been many claimed to have been God or sons of God or even Goddesses.
If a man named Jesus existed, he would have been a wanna-be leader of a new cult. "Only through ME can you be saved." NO Jews allowed as I new detest Judaism being preached as truth anywhere on earth!!!"

Stupid stuff in deed.

Prince George, Canada

#498365 Dec 9, 2013
As I now detest Judaism........
Liam

United States

#498366 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your support team? Where is Anthony, ReginaM. Catholic Girl, GENED, Sophie?
They might secretly give you the odd positive judgie but I don't see them standing up with you.
.........OH! I shouldn't have said that, I am sure now they will come out of hiding and standbye you.
I'm pretty sure they have a life outside of topix. Today I'm going to mass at 2 pm to see the newest successor to the Apostles get ordained. Bishop Andrew Cuzzins.. I'll say a heartfelt prayer for you. How does that sound?

Prince George, Canada

#498367 Dec 9, 2013
Junk theology

Jesus ... "Anyone henceforth caught preaching Judaism will be put to death by the truth-telling Catholics. I want people of earth to know where I stand on this issue. I might have been raised as a Jew faithful to Judaism, and I might have preached Judaism ... but the Catholics showed me the REAL truth, and so now I hate Judaism AND the Jews."
Liam

United States

#498368 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says.......I don't deny that the Lord has verbally communicated to people.(Padre Pio, Saint Faustina,)
I just don't believe he did to you attemcowboy. I'm not convinced you show enough holiness.
Michael says......Millions of people claim they communicate verbally all the time to the Lord. Why is God not communicating with you? Not enough holiness?
....See! all those negative comments towards Michael keep you from having a fire side chat with God.
- I don't give judgies nor can I see them from my phone.

- I don't need God to verbally communicate with me. Besides, I'm not worthy of it anyway.

Prince George, Canada

#498369 Dec 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews at one time were polytheists, believing in many gods.

Do you believe in many gods, and if not, WHY not??? After all ... that dogma came first and foremost BEFORE the one-god dogma of the monotheistic Jews???

And I suggest you will ignore this post to carry on with your usual sermons.
Liam

United States

#498370 Dec 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
What were the Jews responsible for?????
Romans 3:2
2 Much in every way! First of all, the Jews have been entrusted with the very words of God.
Jews wrote two chapters of Daniel and every Book of the Sept. that was removed by protestants.

Prince George, Canada

#498371 Dec 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Myths and Myth-Makers Old Tales And Superstitions By Comparative Mythology John Fiske

According to the ancient Jew, the sky was a solid plate, hammered out by the gods, and spread over the earth in order to keep up the ocean overhead: but the plate was full of little windows, which were opened whenever it became necessary to let the rain come through.

Prince George, Canada

#498372 Dec 9, 2013
Keep in mind that this theology was compiled by Jewish theologians. They "created" Abram to disbelieve his father who was a polytheist and thus Abram created the one-god dogma of the Jews.

That is how easy it was for male theologians to change the stories from one track to another track and claim that the new track was nothing but the truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

At that time, the Mesopotamians were still highly polytheistic, worshiping idols. Abram was the son of Terach, an idol merchant, but from his early childhood, Abram questioned the faith of his father and sought "the truth". Abram came to believe that the entire universe was the work of a single creator, and he began to teach this belief to others.

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-polytheism-was-re...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Pegasus 270,191
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min BenAdam 818,096
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 2,024
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min trifecta1 609,921
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 min theswamiji 5,931
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 52 min WelbyMD 128
mom 1 hr rajevas 4
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 39,985
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr uknaked 98,013
More from around the web