Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649848 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#498592 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are only sad because I won't join your "flavor" of religion. Yet you have no use whatsoever for other religions.
Religion does not UNITE humans. It's based on right-fighting division, and nothing is going to change that format unless people choose to leave ALL religion.
You don't SHARE beliefs with others and give others any credit whatsoever. It has to be all your way ... or you perceive it is WRONG ... or worse yet ... EVIL.
Religion is NOT good.
You said, quote, "Religion is NOT good." End quote.

For once I agree with you June Bug. Religion is horrible and it does separate us. Religion is what the Pharisees preached. Jesus came and destroyed religion. Jesus told us a personal relationship with Him as our Lord and Savior, not religion, provides salvation. Only Jesus saves. All other rhetoric is useless.

Thanks again June Bug!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#498593 Dec 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Campbell, JW's and Mormons all broke from main stream protestantism, and the protestants broke from the Catholic Church. Is your community a "false" church?
Based upon your analysis of the "break-ups", since the RCC broke away from Orthodoxy, that would disqualify the RCC as well - from being "true".

Is your community a "false" church?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#498594 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you leave that CALL up to Jehovah, who from all reports prefers Jewish temples as his mainstay.
:)
So June, you aren't "Christian" or Jewish, but believe in Jehovah.

What is your belief in Jehovah called? Why do you believe this to be true?

I know - you don't have one, huh?

With all your posts including Jehovah and telling others that they believe incorrectly, I've concluded that you are not an Atheist.

Otherwise, you wouldn't be so hung up on promoting Jehovah as your god.

Oh, I know - all your posts are make believe just to cause an arousal fo some of the poster's senses, huh?

IMO - it only shows you are still religious.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#498595 Dec 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The professor asked his students the following questions......
1. Do you believe everything you read in the newspaper?
2. Do you believe everything you read in the Bible?
Will those on the forum please answer these questions. Thank you, OldJG.
1. No.

2. Yes, including "This is my Body" and "You are Peter and upon this rock I'll build my Church".

Do you believe everything you read in the Bible?

How about Daniel and 14:5?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#498596 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Note the word "ALL" in the following explanation. Your no-name god is just one image among many many images of gods that exist in human fantasy all over the world.
Your fantasy is nothing special to others who also nurture their own fantasies as being REAL.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
pan·the·on
noun
noun: pantheon; plural noun: pantheons
all the gods of a people or religion collectively.
PA---thetic
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#498597 Dec 9, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony...just so folks on here know, have you every said anything to Husker (a fellow catholic) about her cussing on this forum?
Thanks
what cussing? Using the BS word? Laugh out loud, get a life.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#498598 Dec 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Being a Catholic does make a person lost, just as being an independent observer will. The only way to be saved is to be a Christian, and that means being a part of the true church of the bible, which is the Church of Christ. I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study with them and then be baptized so you will be saved and have a home in heaven. I also urge you to read all of my post 498481 and then you will know for sure that the Church of Christ is the church of the bible, please read it.
That's just silly man. Nobody can trace you guys before 1850 AD. Protestants were fed up with the hundreds of denominations so some got together and wanted a more valid sounding church. Little did they know the name was already taken.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498599 Dec 9, 2013
Oh I did get books,Barnes,and,Noble STORE ..

Location hidden

#498600 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As are YOU. I also read the bible and studied it, only to believe it was based on anti-Semitic LIES.
Madame, believe as you will... but I BELIEVE IN JESUS, TRUST HIM, and that is my final statement on this.

Location hidden

#498601 Dec 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Religion is NOT good." End quote.
For once I agree with you June Bug. Religion is horrible and it does separate us. Religion is what the Pharisees preached. Jesus came and destroyed religion. Jesus told us a personal relationship with Him as our Lord and Savior, not religion, provides salvation. Only Jesus saves. All other rhetoric is useless.
Thanks again June Bug!
RIGHT ON, OLDJG !!!!:) Bless ya!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498602 Dec 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Oh I did get books,Barnes,and,Noble STORE ..
Lol wrong thread
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498603 Dec 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I remember right before that psot that you call me a jxxxxxx. you and les are catholics and don't mind cussing, while I don't cuss.
so bring it on. it is slang, you know it and so do I.
I'll bet you a nickel the Christian folks here would be less offended by my use of the word jackass than the word you used. Btw, jackass is slang too...lol.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#498604 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT 'contradiction'????
Jesus IS the Son .... God Incarnate, and HE DID give His life for us.
This contradiction:

You say Christ is God incarnate..

]The Catholic Encyclopedia says the opposite: Jesus Christ the incarnate Son of God Redeemer of the Human Race..

God said the opposite: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Php 2:6 says the opposite: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Same question: Why the contradiction???
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#498605 Dec 9, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No.
2. Yes, including "This is my Body" and "You are Peter and upon this rock I'll build my Church".
Do you believe everything you read in the Bible?
How about Daniel and 14:5?
You already TOTALLY LOST this portion of the Biblical debate. Please move on and 'SIMPLY' answer the questions. The questions are yes or no questions.

Location hidden

#498606 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Coincidentally ... the Catholic theologians WROTE the anti-Semitic bible.
OTC, madam, the romanists only CLAIM they wrote the Bible. REAL Christians know they didn't. It's all the same old romanist 'self-supremacy' gobbledygook --- a big mouthful of nothing followed by a load of hot air..... or vice versa ...:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498607 Dec 9, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...so you regret rebuking her.
I regret doing it in a way that allows you fundamentalist hypocrites to bash her over the head every time cussing is discussed. Let's just be honest (Preston) and admit we all sometimes use language that doesn't glorify God.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#498608 Dec 9, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The professor asked his students the following questions......
1. Do you believe everything you read in the newspaper?
2. Do you believe everything you read in the Bible?
Will those on the forum please answer these questions. Thank you, OldJG.
1. No
2. Yes...in the proper literal sense.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498609 Dec 9, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony...just so folks on here know, have you every said anything to Husker (a fellow catholic) about her cussing on this forum?
Thanks
Yes, Catholics have told other Catholics on this board when they've stepped over the line. What's it to you? I mean, as far as you're concerned we're not even Christian.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498610 Dec 9, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it what you will. Every one of them is a false church started by men.
Mine was started by Jesus Christ.
Yeah well, thats what we all say. Can you give me the name of someone you would consider a good representative of your evangelical fundamentalist church in the second century? Or how 'bout the third?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#498611 Dec 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Based upon your analysis of the "break-ups", since the RCC broke away from Orthodoxy, that would disqualify the RCC as well - from being "true".
Is your community a "false" church?
The Church at Rome is in the bible. How much further back should one go?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min brandy trujillo 972,401
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Nohweh 56,236
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 6 min Jesus 47
hi guys mera lund bahut mota hai meri gf gaand... (Apr '12) 29 min babbar 47
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,298
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 2 hr pearlofagirl 16
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 3 hr EBMWCS 500
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web