Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675539 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#498477 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus was preaching other than Judaism, he WOULD deserve to be crucified by the faithful Jews.
Catholics and Protestants thought it was natural to crucify each other for preaching lies concerning the Christian religion.
Why wouldn't you think the faithful Jews should have had the right to kill Jesus for preaching lies against Judaism?
ENOUGH.
You ARE wallowing on thin ice here. Jesus DID NOT DESERVE TO BE CRUCIFIED.
Romanists here insist He created the romanist religion. I refuse to accept their lies, and I will also refuse to accept yours. I honestly cannot help but think you have crossed that fine line and insulted Him, as well as the Holy Spirit.
May God have mercy on you.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#498478 Dec 9, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Sera isn't nice. Esp to Catholics. She posts as an innsecure little girl who is very hatefilled. She doesn't represent her faith, I know Orthodox Christians and they are the opposite of sera. I really doubt she even knows whats what in her faith. Sera shows she has no faith in herself, she probably is very dependent so much that she doesn't know how to take care of herself or others.
The point is well said by June, that we need to follow Jesus, not religion.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#498479 Dec 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus now reconciles them both (Jews and Gentiles) to God in one body through the cross.
Then that means (according to your USE of scripture) that Christians have no favor from Jesus than do gentiles, and that Muslims and Hindus and Atheists and Buddhist will all be together as one big happy-ever-after family.

So why are you still PREACHING ... other than that it makes you feel a sense of POWER???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

gen┬Ětile

adjective

adjective: Gentile

not Jewish

Location hidden

#498480 Dec 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is just more of the (same old) bible only Protestant lies, deceit and distortion of the TRUTH that you "fundies" are so famous for... You (working for the Lord) know absolutely "NOTHING" about what you are taking about!!! The Universal Catholic Church is the "only" true Church that was established, formed and inititated by "JESUS CHRIST" HIMSELF over 2000 years ago
which is (biblically and historically PROVEN!) Every Protestant Church that is an offshoot of the Reformation was started by a "man" a "person" and "individual" beginning with Luther! They are "all" man-made!!!Every last one of them!!! They are ALL based upon "personal opinion" interpretation of the bible! All 42,100 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only denominations,(divided, splinterer and fractured) editorialized translations of the bible that are ALL based upon "relative truth" ---what each person or group of persons think!!! I lived this bible only half-truth, half-heresy (hodge-podge) contradicting translation for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant before coming the TRUTH of the TRUE SALVATION, the TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL and the TRUTH of the TRUE INTEPRETATION of the Bible that Our Early Church Fathers gave us Christians in 382, 393 and 397 AD when they formed the Canon of Scripture!! God never was, nor EVER will be the author of your Protestant confusion, chaos and division!!!
Ah yes, dear old HOHO --- still touting the romanist rhetoric, and insulting every real Christian who posts...
Got news for you... The person you are currently insulting is TELLING YOU THE TRUTH, and the romanist denomination IS lost.
Try reading Revelation chapters 17 & 18 without priestly interference.... open your eyes, and close your mouth for a change.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#498481 Dec 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is just more of the (same old!
Yes, we have said that that church of Christ is not a protestant denomination, and we have said that for very good reason. Christ established his church in the First Century A.D., beginning in the city of Jerusalem (Matthew 16:18; Acts 2:47). "The church ... is his body" (Ephesians 1:22,23), and "there is one body" (Ephesians 4:4), therefore, Christ built but one church.
After the passing of the apostles there was an apostasy -- a falling away from the faith (Acts 20:29,30; I Timothy 4:1-4; II Timothy 4:1-4), which ultimately came to be known as the Catholic Church, with doctrines and practices not authorized by Christ and his apostles. In 606 A.D. Boniface III, Bishop of Rome, became the first "universal Bishop", later known as the Pope. In the Eleventh Century the Catholic Church divided into two groups, Roman and Greek, with the Roman Catholic becoming the greater of the two.
Many were unhappy with the Catholic Church and began to lift up their voices against it, and the "sale of indulgence" (selling the right to sin without having to make confession to the priest) was just too much, and open protesting was strong. In 1517 Martin Luther, a Catholic Priest, wrote his famous thesis pointing out 95 things he thought to be wrong with the church, and was excommunicated by the Pope and would have been put to death, as so many others had been. But he had friends in high places who helped him. Many shared the views of Luther and within a few years there were many who had joined with him, thus the first Protestant Church was born - the Lutheran Church.(Although Luther pleaded with them "call not yourselves Lutheran ... but Christians", none the less the name stuck. In the 1530's John Calvin left the Catholic Church, starting the Presbyterian Church and in the same decade King Henry the Eighth broke away, starting the Church of England. These were the first three Protestant Churches.
That was the Sixteenth Century! The church of Christ was established in the First Century A.D., 1500 years before there was a "Protestant Church", therefore I think I am justified in saying that the church of Christ is not a "Protestant Church". Yes, the church does protest against Catholicism, but it is not a Protestant Church. It is the body of Christ to which saved people are added by the Lord day by day (Acts 2:47).
"But What Makes You Different From Others?"
The church of Christ is different from the Protestant Denominations in several points.
1.We have no organization larger than the local church. This in itself sets us apart from most Protestant Churches, who have district, State, National and international organizations. In the New Testament there was no organization larger than the local church, with bishops deacons and saints in those local churches (Philippians 1:1).
2. We have no creed but Christ and his word -- the New Testament. There is no Manual, Discipline, Catechism, etc. as is found in Protestant Churches. The early disciples were taught not to add to or take from the inspired scriptures (Revelation 22:18,19), or teach any other gospel (Galatians 1:6-9). We still follow this charge and have no other creed.
3. The name that we wear makes us different. Look at the Protestant Churches and see what they call themselves. They wear names that give honor to the man who started them, or to some particular practice. By what name were the early disciples called? They were called Christians (Acts 11:26) and were not to be ashamed to suffer as a Christian (I Peter 4: 16). That is the name we use today. As a collectivity, the early disciples were called the "church" (group of people), "church of God" (group of people that belongs to God), "churches of Christ" (groups that belong to Christ). There was no "specific" name for the local churches. Today, we refer to the church in the same manner. But we do not wear some name that gives honor to men or to practices.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#498482 Dec 9, 2013
Final part,
4. The worship we render to God is different. We eat the Lord's Supper "upon the first day of the week" (Acts 20:7), which necessarily infers a weekly observance. Most Protestant churches do not have the Lord's Supper each week. Our music in worship is a cappella, just as it was in the New Testament (Colossians 3:16; Ephesians 5:19). Most Protestant Churches use instrumental music in worship.
5.We teach the plan of salvation just as the apostles taught it: believe in Christ as the Son of God, repent of sins, and be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38; 8:36,37; Mark 16:16). Most Protestant Churches teach that one is saved "by faith only", before and without being baptized.
6. The concept we have of the church makes us different, for we believe that church consists of those who have been saved (Acts 2:47; Ephesians 1:22,23). The Protestant Churches teach that the church consists of all the Protestant Churches, that each is a part (denomination) of the body of Christ.

These are some of the things that make us different from Protestant Churches. The differences have to do with faith and practice. We plead for "speaking where the Bible speaks and being silent where the Bible is silent." The church of Christ of the New Testament was not a Protestant Denomination. You do have a choice. You can be just a Christian, a member of Christ's church.

Quesnel, Canada

#498483 Dec 9, 2013
Believer-in-GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
ENOUGH.
You ARE wallowing on thin ice here. Jesus DID NOT DESERVE TO BE CRUCIFIED.
If he betrayed the Jews by stating their religion was based on lies, he most certainly did deserve to die as a traitor TO the Jews.

That's the way religion has always worked it's "magic."

Catholics and Protestants killed "each other" in the belief that they were both telling lies against each other's religion.

Religion is vicious to its core.

Quesnel, Canada

#498484 Dec 9, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The point is well said by June, that we need to follow Jesus, not religion.
Are you practicing Judaism?

If not, I am NOT agreeing with you.

Within the theology Jesus can't be a servant to Christians by dissing his Judaism as trash. And that is what would have occurred if he had turned his back on his Jews that were faithful TO Judaism.

You can't PLAY it both ways.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#498485 Dec 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Anthony MN
Minneapolis, MN
Reply ┬╗
|Report Abuse |Judge it!
Judged:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And the word used in the Bible to describe Jesus's brothers was 'brother', no confusion left there.
Considering you and LTM have yet to master the english language, I'm not surprised you're confused about any other language. Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke had no word for cousin or step-brother. If someone was a cousin or step-brother they used the same word for brother. Get it now?
guess that you havent found out yet that the NT was written in Greek, so your post, like always doesn't make any sense
Luke 1:36 - Elizabeth is Mary's kinswoman. Some Bibles translate kinswoman as "cousin," but this is an improper translation because in Hebrew and Aramaic, there is no word for "cousin."

Luke 22:32 - Jesus tells Peter to strengthen his "brethren." In this case, we clearly see Jesus using "brethren" to refer to the other apostles, not his biological brothers.

Acts 1:12-15 - the gathering of Jesus' "brothers" amounts to about 120. That is a lot of "brothers." Brother means kinsmen in Hebrew.

Acts 7:26; 11:1; 13:15,38; 15:3,23,32; 28:17,21 - these are some of many other examples where "brethren" does not mean blood relations.

Rom. 9:3 - Paul uses "brethren" and "kinsmen" interchangeably. "Brothers" of Jesus does not prove Mary had other children.

Gen. 11:26-28 - Lot is Abraham's nephew ("anepsios")/ Gen. 13:8; 14:14,16 - Lot is still called Abraham's brother (adelphos"). This proves that, although a Greek word for cousin is "anepsios," Scripture also uses "adelphos" to describe a cousin.

Gen. 29:15 - Laban calls Jacob is "brother" even though Jacob is his nephew. Again, this proves that brother means kinsmen or cousin.

Deut. 23:7; 1 Chron. 15:5-18; Jer. 34:9; Neh. 5:7 -"brethren" means kinsmen. Hebrew and Aramaic have no word for "cousin."

2 Sam. 1:26; 1 Kings 9:13, 20:32 - here we see that "brethren" can even be one who is unrelated (no bloodline), such as a friend.

2 Kings 10:13-14 - King Ahaziah's 42 "brethren" were really his kinsmen.

1 Chron. 23:21-22 - Eleazar's daughters married their "brethren" who were really their cousins.

Neh. 4:14; 5:1,5,8,10,14 - these are more examples of "brothers" meaning "cousins" or "kinsmen."

Tobit 5:11 - Tobit asks Azarias to identify himself and his people, but still calls him "brother."

Amos 1: 9 - brotherhood can also mean an ally (where there is no bloodline).

http://www.johnsalza.com/p/scripturefathers.h...

Preston, I'm not sure you want to re-hash the use of cuss words on the board. I haven't forgotten your little 'oops'.

Quesnel, Canada

#498486 Dec 9, 2013
Religion should unite all humans to ONE solid truth.

And because it's unable to accomplish that mission, I suggest that it is based on lies ... PERIOD!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#498487 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you apply honesty to the bible???
Of course - that is why I don't accept much of it.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>By the way do you believe that Jesus would have favored Judaism, or Gnosticism on which to base his "sermons?"
Jesus was a Jew - and expanded upon that belief with his own philosophy of a human transformation beginning from within.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#498488 Dec 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your christmas message to her? Isn't that nice.
...... So much for "JOY TO THE WORLD"
I tell the truth. Sounds as if you are a bit hatefilled too.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498489 Dec 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YES! A winner of the TRUTH has already been declared from (over 2000 years ago) and it is Jesus Christ's biblically and historically PROVEN One True (Universal) Apostolic Catholic Church the ONLY authenticated and verifiable winner!..... Weekly Protestant "lottery denominational" tickets are being created and sold every week (as of December 7th it is 42,273 contradicting numbers) that are all "half-truth, half-counterfeit" ALL "man-made" ALL of which have(absolutely) no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth to back ANY of their "relative truth beliefs"!!!
...well then go and collect your prize!!

Location hidden

#498490 Dec 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said "my sheep know my voice and another they will not follow".
If you don't hear His voice, you are not one of His Sheep. which is why people like those who belong to cults NEVER hear His voice. people like you, hank and Les Claypool who [brag] about not hearing His Voice.
as far as seeing Jesus, Nothing is impossible with God and I know because around jan 30, 1965. I saw Him and live to tell about it.LOL
WHOA there, Cowboy .... you say 'around January 30th, 1965'.... something THAT incredulous, had it happened to me, I would never forget the exact date... and the Bible also clearly tells us that no one has seen GOD and lived.... you might do well in re-evaluating exactly what you saw ... after all, Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498491 Dec 9, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Being Catholic means you're lost. The Catholic church teaches nothing but false doctrine and have ever since they parted from the true church of the bible, that being the Church of Christ which was established in the year 33 AD on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2 37-40.Jesus said he would build his church, Matthew 16;18 and that church was open in the year 33 AD when God added 3,000 souls to it that day on Pentecost. The Catholic church came to be when some of the members enjoyed the attention they were getting from the Roman Dignitaries, which caused these members to do as they were told in making them believe things and go by things the bible clearly contradicts, such as infant baptism, purgatory and this caused some to leave the faith and start what you know as the Catholic Church which teaches false doctrine and worships contrary to the bible and this is why the Catholic to this day are lost.
Working says..... Being Catholic means you're lost.

Michael says. Well! I a guess I am not lost, I left catholicism over 14 years ago.

.... I am an independant observer.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498492 Dec 9, 2013
Where is GENED?

Location hidden

#498493 Dec 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, he is a campbellite cultist, he is new, having come on in the last few weeks.
Thanks, but actually, the one I refer to is a little over twenty years old ... not the preacher, but the sect.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498494 Dec 9, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I tell the truth. Sounds as if you are a bit hatefilled too.
Nope warm and fuzzy with happiness!!

I guess anyone not catholic is hatefull. Very sad.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498495 Dec 9, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
32 years wearing a "super glued diaper" makes it (permanently yours)!!!
thats fine I will wear it with pride! but its getting a little tight on me.

Location hidden

#498496 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the most reasonable theology, do you believe that Jesus' favorite religion was Judaism, Catholicism, Protestantism, or Gnosticism???
I'll bet you won't answer this question PREACHER.
I am more than happy to.
Jesus was a Jew. HE taught in the Jewish synagogues, and never did He rail or go against anyone, including Judas, who betrayed Him. He had no 'favorite religion'.
Jesus certainly was not a romanist, nor was He a Gnostic. He is GOD (the real Holy Father's SON)--- God Incarnate. OUR SAVIOR, who gave His precious life for us.

HE spoke only the truth, and always obeyed God the FATHER.
You're welcome!
Any other questions, please feel free to ask!
"The Preacher"
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min Buck Crick 110,155
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 38 min Doctor REALITY 1
News NFL warns Texas over bathroom bill 5 hr Ais4awesome 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Gabriel 982,283
News Hawaiians to Attorney General Sessions: We're n... 7 hr davy 14
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr Ancestry manager 6,221
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Jolly Roger 286,304
More from around the web