Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646785 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#498310 Dec 8, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>My Church is the One True Church
People like you mistakenly think that there is an earthly organization that is the one true church as if a collection of people, church structures, and "authority" designates that it is the "one true church" on earth. But, this is a wrong assumtion. The true church is not an earthly organization. It is not a series of buildings and ceremonies rooted in ancient tradition. Instead, the church is the body of true believers. The true church consists of those who are regenerate; that is, it consists of those who are "the called", the true Christians.

Rom. 1:6, "among whom you also are the called (klaytos) of Jesus Christ."
1 Cor. 1:24, "but to those who are the called (klaytos), both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God."
Jude 1, "Jude, a bond-servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to those who are the called (klaytos), beloved in God the Father, and kept for Jesus Christ."
Rev. 17:14, "These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called (klaytos) and chosen (eklektos) and faithful."

The one true church is the universal body of believers everywhere who have given their hearts to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. That is the only true church (see Ephesians 1:22-23, Colossians 1:18).
truth

Forrestfield, Australia

#498311 Dec 8, 2013
you liked say to me
'thanks God I am good thinker'

see wind words
windscreen=just find pro.n.au.c.me.nt corecttion
car air water and so on
cleaning wind.screen right left right left

please tell me in geo.me.tric way
geo=earth
see
this planet will reverse herself in right position
humanity rebuild life as they wish into materialistic way..
truth

Forrestfield, Australia

#498312 Dec 8, 2013
see universal map
see wind=altar
4 horns

my enemy with great envy

o yee they against me

i know who they are
law of them is not my law
i don't respect corupt law with set up corupt documents

righteousness people don't have any rights
noooooooooooooo
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#498313 Dec 8, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Is your conscience bothering you? I think you need to say you are sorry to a few Catholics.
Roman Catholics, capital "C". Not catholic, small "c" universal. When you use the word "Catholic" with a capital "C" it needs to be made clear you are referring to the rite of ROMAN CATHOLIC. Or perhaps you are ashamed to call yourself ROMAN? Is that the case?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#498314 Dec 8, 2013
Good nite,all ..busy tomorrow ..God bless

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#498315 Dec 8, 2013
from john just after he unloaded on Anthony agreeing with dust storm.

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you said that, Anthony. I was also stung and surprised. But I got a few surprises yesterday from places I didn't expect, although I should have known better from past experience. Just more things to offer up during Lent I guess, but it's not easy.

john.
Then you are buying into or are afraid of the Roman Catholic bigot.

Too bad.

Truth does hurt but it remains the truth.

I find bigotry from Roman Catholics as repulsive as I do when it comes from a Protestant.

Too bad you don't share those feeling.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#498316 Dec 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOGWASH!! You know absolutely "NOTHING" about what you are taking about!!! The Universal Catholic Church is the "only" true Church since it was established, formed and inititated by "JESUS CHRIST"
HIMSELF over 2000 years ago (biblically and historically PROVEN!) Every Protestant Church that is an offshoot of the Reformation was started by a "man" a "person" and "individual" beginning with Luther! They are "all" man-made!!!Every last one of them!!! All 42,100 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only denominations,(divided, splinterer and fractured) interpretations of the bible that are ALL based upon "relative truth" ---what each person or group of persons think!!! I lived this bible only half-truth, half-heresy editorialized deception for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant before coming the TRUTH of the TRUE SALVATION, the TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL and the TRUTH of the TRUE INTEPRETATION of the Bible that Our Early Church Fathers gave us Christians in 382, 393 and 397 AD when they formed the Canon of Scripture!! God never was, nor EVER will be the author of your Protestant confusion, chaos and division!!!
A lie proven a lie by Scripture.."The Universal Catholic Church is the "only" true Church since it was established, formed and inititated by "JESUS CHRIST" HIMSELF over 2000 years ago (biblically and historically PROVEN!)

Why did He not refer to the Universal Catholic Church in Rev.???? Did He forget He established it?????!!! Or, no one told Him He had so established it??????? Which is it??????
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#498317 Dec 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that apply to Muslims???
Why should Muslims be "excluded" from defending their faith?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#498318 Dec 8, 2013
clay, you ought to be ashamed with this filth that came out of you mouth on this post.

Judged:
Les Claypool wrote:
<quoted text>Hey I gotta an idea, Im atheist and its monday morning, I think I'll wake up and make fun of Christians all day.
You sick fxxx. lol get a life.
Regina, the HYPOCRIT, here is your chance to show how offended your are by name calling and offensive laungage. Where r u Reggei? Has anybody seen the resident hypocrit?
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#498319 Dec 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A lie proven a lie by Scripture.."The Universal Catholic Church is the "only" true Church since it was established, formed and inititated by "JESUS CHRIST" HIMSELF over 2000 years ago (biblically and historically PROVEN!)
Why did He not refer to the Universal Catholic Church in Rev.???? Did He forget He established it?????!!! Or, no one told Him He had so established it??????? Which is it??????
When Jesus departed from the earth, there was "No Church" established on Earth.

This is a historical fact, why you ask people to close their eyes from truth?

Jesus never even uttered the word Church!!(He did not speak Greek or Latin!!).

How can you say that your Roman Catholic Church was "established" by Jesus Himself?
truth

Forrestfield, Australia

#498320 Dec 9, 2013

tayping
tay

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

i fill that fire over myself today
horible

liberty
river trebizat=small place where i born

liberty for my people

if i go from this place
i am not coming back
truth

Forrestfield, Australia

#498321 Dec 9, 2013
truth

Forrestfield, Australia

#498322 Dec 9, 2013

Did I see you?
yes
why you come here?
please tell me why you sing that song good by Argetina!

I drove over map..i see i drove from that side..i know whats will be happen..i know secrets..shoes i have shose today you been there..
please tell me
give me answer why you sing that song..

i drove yes i drove over map some secrets

please tell me why you sing this song..

i drove over map

I drove secrets over map as very short notice others did not know why as well what?

Please tell me why you sing that song good by Argentina!

Sara if you see this
please tell me why you sing this song ..Sara if you see this please tell me why you sing this song..Sara please tell me why you sing this song Sara please tell me if you see read help me..did you do by yourself..who wrote that words..Sara ..i drove over map i don't listen music Sara..sara i drove secrets over map..Sara i see whats will be happen you are singer Sara..you not say that words who wrote that words..
Sara please tell me please tell me who wrote this words..
Sara if you see this please help me what i drove

Sara i see i drove over map..you sing nice..
Sara why you sing this song..
Sara i liked know why you liked good by Argentina..

Sara i drove over Map secrets
Sara i know whats will be happen Sara i can drove that secrets is not good Sara help me if you read why sing this song did you know.

Sara you sing
yes you are
Sara i drove map as direction
huge map Sara map is pure and clear direction of secrets..
Sara why you sing this song
good by Argentina.

Sara its secrets.
Liam

East Hartford, CT

#498323 Dec 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
clay, you ought to be ashamed with this filth that came out of you mouth on this post.
Judged:
Les Claypool wrote:
<quoted text>Hey I gotta an idea, Im atheist and its monday morning, I think I'll wake up and make fun of Christians all day.
You sick fxxx. lol get a life.
Regina, the HYPOCRIT, here is your chance to show how offended your are by name calling and offensive laungage. Where r u Reggei? Has anybody seen the resident hypocrit?
I don't appreciate you combing thru 3 yr old posts, searching for one to smear me with. I feel like I'm being stalked. How many good posts did you pass by before you found one where I swore?
And no I'm not proud of the language I used. You accomplished what you set out to do. You shamed me in front of the other posters. Do feel good now?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#498324 Dec 9, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I asked you in that other post if you kissed your own children with that filthy mouth or yours. You should be ashamed of your self as a mother and a catholic to talk this way.And not only that, but to excuse your behavior as defending your church..Thats what is unbelievable!
Actually i am a very good mother, my children are all grown and successful. I don't have a filthy mouth at all. I find you a little bizarre and mentally unstable after evaluating what you post and how you post. I abhore people like you , you seem to have poor self esteem. You are very small minded and need to be more positive and make more positive choices. I bet your husband tells you what to do and how to do it.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#498325 Dec 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Good nite,all ..busy tomorrow ..God bless
So you believe that Jesus was a traitor to Judaism ... and in spite of him turning away from his Jewish father that you can STILL manipulate the mentality of his Jewish father Jehovah to "bless" you and other Christians ... that are also traitors to Judaism???

You must believe that you are as POWERFUL in you own right as the Wiccan witches believe THEY are powerful enough to manipulate the goddess in the moon.

Witchcraft in Christianity and Wicca is alive and unwell.

Religion is BUNK.

Quesnel, Canada

#498326 Dec 9, 2013
Muslims, Catholics and Protestants all believe they can force the god of the Jews to not only accept them into "heaven" "paradise" of all things, but force HIM into whichever state of emotion they want the god to FEEL.

Within the theology, a god that loved only the Jews, would NOT love the Christians and Muslims that are NOT Jews.

The fact that Catholics, then Muslims, then Protestants didn't have the decency (within their own theologies) to create their own gods, became a HUGE problem for the Jews. These interlopers all suggested that Jehovah no longer loved Jews, but instead loved THEM.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#498327 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that Jesus was a traitor to Judaism ... and in spite of him turning away from his Jewish father that you can STILL manipulate the mentality of his Jewish father Jehovah to "bless" you and other Christians ... that are also traitors to Judaism???
You must believe that you are as POWERFUL in you own right as the Wiccan witches believe THEY are powerful enough to manipulate the goddess in the moon.
Religion is BUNK.
As I've said before,..June ..this,would be seen as,sincere if you believed in Jehovah ..the God of the Jews .You don't
.why you want to
Pit one religion against another ..I have no idea ...since you say you believe in no God .

If this is how you get enjoyment ..mazel tov
Still seems,to me you'd be happier in having Faith in God ...You stay mighty close to believers .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#498328 Dec 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is BUNK.
And GOD IS NOT IN ANY RELIGION..as,you also know ..religion a worship
HIM. Not vice versa

I pray Jesus,Christ come into your heart ...

Quesnel, Canada

#498329 Dec 9, 2013
Catholic ... "Jehovah, I order you to drop your name. You belong to Catholics now and your name is too Jewish to keep as your own."

Jehovah ... "But the Jews gave me this name and I am still their God."

Catholic ... "NO, you are no longer their God. Your devotion is now to be focused ONLY on Catholics, and the Jews are your enemies."

Jehovah ... "Don't 'I' have any say in this matter?"

Catholic ... "NO you don't. From now henceforth, your title will be simply 'God.'"

Jehovah ... "Well, as you are my new masters, I guess I have no choice but to obey."

Catholic ... "You got THAT right!!!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 12 min Truthiness 12
Choosing the best candidate 39 min Kamal Hussain 10
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,711
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 1 hr Shawn091 720
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr It aint necessari... 49,240
Antwan Carter 1 hr SnowBunny1 4
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 2 hr John 8
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 105,649
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr VIKING 971,782
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 11 hr taylorr 25
More from around the web