Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683714 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#498156 Dec 8, 2013
My nephew was gay. Before he came out as gay, he was already badly damaged by those telling jokes about gays, and putting them down as perverts, et cetera. He learned that in church he would have been treated as a pervert even according to "GOD" that he was there to worship.

I tried for years to encourage him to find his own worth ... but he couldn't seem to rise above his pain-filled conditioning.

He ended his life with a shot to his brain ... and I so miss his phone calls, that always started with ... "Well ... hello Auntie" and ended with "I love you auntie."
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498157 Dec 8, 2013
You want me to wish Christians a "Merry Christmas" for teaching my sensitive nephew that a god believed he was "evil" for being homosexual???"

I think I'll pass on that one!
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498158 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said molester.
If someone posted about Orthodox Saints 8 times a day for a year, would you safely assume they like Orthodoxy?
If someone quoted Led Zepplin songs 8 times a day for a year, would you safely assume they like the band?
What if they bring up child sexual abuse 8 times a day for a year?
That's all I'm getting at. Its way too lopsided on his part to ever believe he's doing it out of justice for victims.
I hear americans all the time saying "I support our troops" over and over. I support our troops! Would you assume that people don't really mean what they say that they support the troops? Is that lopsided talk?

You are just afraid to step forward with other catholics and demand answers from your church leaders. Its that FEAR thing, what else could it be?

You name call and insult protestants on this forum. You call liberal catholics hackers, you don't like the american nuns who are doing as they were allowed to do through vatican II policies and you don't like anyone who questions your church leaders when answers are needed.

That puts you in a tiny bubble.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498159 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Seraphima says......."you all stick together"
Michael says......Not always! Catholics boast that their church is universal. "All for one and one for all", yet when it comes to finances each diocese is like a little bank. There are 195 dioceses across america and one would believe that if a diocese was hit by hard times that other dioceses and the vatican would automatically jump in and financially assist the one in trouble, after all a small slice of every dollar put on the collection plate heads to Rome's Vatican Bank for safe keeping.
....November 2013 the diocese of New Mexico became the 9th american catholic diocese to file for bankruptcy. Where is the help from the other 186 dioceses? Am I wrong? How could 9 dioceses consisting of over 1500 parishes be left to fend for themselves within the UNIVERSAL church structure? Where is the love?
http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines...
Why doesn't the vatican financially help dioceses in financial trouble? Is there never a payback when help is needed? Evidentally not.
....While the universal church's hierarchical structure can mean direct and sometimes swift Vatican intervention in pastoral and dogmatic affairs to dioceses, when it comes to FINANCIAL aid, problems are left to the local church to resolve. Too bad for you attitude!
....A Latin American archbishop says: "I can do more with one dollar than the pope can do with Michelangelo's 'Pieta.'" ... OUCH!!
If people would study history, they would see that for centuries it was Catholics killing Catholics ... each time the Catholics tried to start a new religion that was not aligned to the beliefs of the current popes.

Martin Luther was but one minute example. He and his new followers used the same bible to take its supposed meanings off in another direction from the meanings taken by pope Leo X and his followers.

Religion is BUNK.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498160 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
That puts you in a tiny bubble.
All people in all religions create their own tiny bubbles ... and they don't want their tiny bubbles to burst.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#498161 Dec 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The very idea that Jews can't go to "heaven" unless they convert to Christianity is about as ludicrous as theology can be without being brain-dead ... as Jesus wouldn't be allowed to enter heaven without claiming that he was either a Catholic or a Protestant.
And imagine ADONAI's surprise when Jesus comes home to daddy and he no longer preaches Judaism, but is forced by the pens and sermons of Christian theologians to preach either Catholicism or Protestantism ... and he's not even sure which one is the right one.
:)
Our world will always remain divided as long as each religious group claims to be superior over the others.

Catholics often scoff at jahova witnesses for going door to door selling their belief, but during the past 150 years catholic church leaders have done EXACTLY the same thing with the north american Indians and now the poor countries in Africa and Asia promising fresh water wells and schools..........but only if they believe.

Like fishing in a barrel.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498162 Dec 8, 2013
People in all religions are willing and ABLE to question and insult other people's religious dogmas ... but the attitude ALWAYS is ... "Don't question MY religious dogmas, and DON'T ask ME to question my OWN religious dogmas ... because 'I' am RIGHT and YOU are WRONG!"

I suggest such ignorance is NOT bliss.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#498163 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
here john from Nj is calling clay a bigot.
Claypool
Saint Paul, MN
Preston, please don't do that. Its creepy. I can't imagine how many hours of time you put in. I sort of feel violated. To think, I almost revealed my last name a couple weeks ago. Yikes. I hope you're not scouring facebook to find me.

(btw, for the record, my Moms side is from Limerick and Dads from Galway. not sure how that was written 3 yrs ago. They themselves aren't from Ireland. just thought I would clarify that. lol)
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498164 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....A Latin American archbishop says: "I can do more with one dollar than the pope can do with Michelangelo's 'Pieta.'" ... OUCH!!
Mutiny on the "bounty."
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498165 Dec 8, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Like fishing in a barrel.
The fish are rotten.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#498166 Dec 8, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow I was way off. I wanted everyone to believe you held the KJV up to someones forehead. Turns out you put one hand on the KJV and the other on their forehead. What a mistake. I'll try not to lie like that again.
NEVER EVER SAID I PUT MY HAND ON HIS FOREHEAD EITHER.

WHY didn't john from nj dislike you so?

was it because you make up stories and lies?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498167 Dec 8, 2013
I was so fed up with the lies of theologians, that it made it very easy for me to leave religion behind, and at last find my own self-worth outside of religion.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#498168 Dec 8, 2013
oops my bad.

should have typed these words.

WHY did john from nj dislike you so?

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498169 Dec 8, 2013
Wacky theology

Jesus might not know whether he's now a Catholic or a Protestant, but he knows he's definitely not a Muslim ... as the Muslims have their own savior "lined-up" as the 12th Imam.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498170 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498171 Dec 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
oops my bad.
should have typed these words.
WHY did john from nj dislike you so?
Now you KNOW full well that you don't believe YOUR theologians were capable of lying.

From your perspective, it's just other theologians that tell all the lies.

I really don't want a "helping" of whatever you are "serving."
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498172 Dec 8, 2013
Before the word pope meant leader of the whole Catholic organization ... there were many bishops ruling in their own separate areas.

The pope is still recognized as the bishop of Rome.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book,“A History of Christianity”… volume 2 Clyde L. Manschreck, Editor, comes the following………

The bishop represents God. Deference to the bishop is deference to God. The bishop is administrator, liturgist, and prophet.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498173 Dec 8, 2013
Peter the Jew that supposedly became the first pope, seems to be nowhere in "sight."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

At the first ecumenical councils, only certain representatives of the “Pope” participated. That title was adopted by Siricius (384—99), who thus proclaimed himself the “father” and not the “brother” of the other bishops.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498174 Dec 8, 2013
With so many different Catholic theologians writing up storms, the personalized stories were bound to conflict with other personalized stories.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#498175 Dec 8, 2013
So the word pope came to mean FATHER, and the word bishop came to mean brother.

That was how the early Catholic theologians worked their "magic."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min bad bob 15,882
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 26 min Doctor REALITY 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 29 min Aerobatty 983,116
I'm very saddened by Kryie wanting away from Le... 54 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min Born Again Past JW 46,265
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Devoted Child Prayer 619,691
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 2 hr George Justapose 23
More from around the web