Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653741 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#497896 Dec 7, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't put any more there than you already got.
You are correct. No theologians of any sort are any more allowed to anesthetize my brain with their mythological debris.

I finally woke up from my slumber and realized that they confused me more than enough with their right-fighting nonsense that they ALL claimed was based on truth.

It's common sense that if they knew truth, they would all tell the same story, and there would be nothing over which TO fight.

As an example of stupidity, observe the people leaving Christianity to join Wicca as the new FAD in the religious MARKET.

Religion is BUNK!
Human Being

Jena, LA

#497897 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the Wiccan goddess that lives in the moon will probably by a cheese-eater.
June

So you much be a cheese-eater.(smiles)

When were you last on the moon?

You know your sometimes way, way out there in your opinions....

Williams Lake, Canada

#497898 Dec 7, 2013
The payoff of investing in any religion, is the emotional thrill that gods or goddesses have an interest in humans.

It's silly stuff ... but emotions of humans are convinced that they can move literal mountains through such magick.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Christian Wicca

Christian Wicca is a term coined in reference to Trinitarian Wicca, established in 1999. Since then, Christian Wicca has become the umbrella term for a variety of magickal Christian sects that began evolving in the ChristoPagan movement. Trinitarian Wicca is based on the merging of (Alexandrian and Dianic) traditions, forming their pantheon from the Kabballah, Gnosticism, and Ancient Christianity. Working within traditional Wiccan ritual structure, they observe the 8 sabbats, 13 esbats, and the Wiccan Rede without any concern for the dogmatic trappings of patriarchal Christianity. They have a devout reclaiming approach to a Goddess-inclusive Trinity, best described as Tritheist or Social Trinitarians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and...

Williams Lake, Canada

#497899 Dec 7, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
So you much be a cheese-eater.(smiles)
When were you last on the moon?
You know your sometimes way, way out there in your opinions....
The reason you are so heavily invested in Catholicism is that you are fond of PLAYING GAMES that you find pleasing to your own emotions.

The idea that Catholicism was based from its beginnings and still IS based on anti-Semitism and that Jews were slaughtered for centuries because of your religion ... is simply a JOKE to you.

The idea that Catholicism teaches that most people of the world will spend eternity in hell ... also means nothing to you.

All that is important to you, is that you believe YOU are saved by an ex-Jew turned Catholic ... period. And that is YOUR game. And that is why I have not one bit of respect for you.

Williams Lake, Canada

#497900 Dec 7, 2013
For decades Billy Graham preached that only Christians could be saved. I often wondered how many people believed his words and lost all hope of being welcomed into Billy's figmented version of heaven.

Shame on him. To change his sermon before he died, and yet to never apologize for the many people he harmed with his earlier sermons of supposed "truth."

Even so, I hope that when he dies, he rests in peace.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Rev. Billy Graham's health is declining, son says

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/reve...

Williams Lake, Canada

#497901 Dec 7, 2013
If I die today, I will go to my death knowing that when I was under the spell of religion, I never put faith in words in a bible, and therefore never preached that another supposed "soul" would end up in hell in a hereafter for not believing as I believed ... and for that I am very, VERY thankful.

For the sake of preachers in religion, I hope that there is no real court of justice forthcoming.

Williams Lake, Canada

#497902 Dec 7, 2013
After centuries of slaughter against the Jews, some Christians are finally waking up to the fact that something is WRONG with what they have been taught. I already knew THAT when I was a small child, and that was why I didn't trust words in the bible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Church must repent of sin of anti-Semitism

The Reverend Simon Ponsonby speaking

An Anglican clergyman has called on the Church to repent of its anti-Semitism, which he described as a sin against the Holy Spirit.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/church....

Williams Lake, Canada

#497903 Dec 7, 2013
I suggest that what most Christians don't realize is that their supposed savior (had he lived,) was also a preacher of anti-Semitic messages.

"Within the theology," Jesus lead the people AWAY from Judaism.

Yet the ONLY god (by the various names of Adonai, or Jehovah, or Elohim, et cetera) in the Abrahamic religion, was created BY Jews, for Jewish USE ONLY.

Religion is ALL BUNK!

Williams Lake, Canada

#497904 Dec 7, 2013
I suggest that there is NO holy or evil spirit lurking anywhere to which I must obey, fear, or submit my emotions through groveling.

I've made my peace with me, and each moment of each new day, I can do no better than my best.
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497905 Dec 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael!! Your vindictiveness, hostility and hate against the Catholic Church is no different than the liberal "hack" news writer editorialist, who "over-exaggerate their(front-page)opinions when it comes to attacking priests. To begin with, yours and other anti-catholics are so "out of touch" with (what "todays definition" of sexual abuse is that "buffoons" like you attach the word "sexual rape" to every priest when accused. The definition of abuse in todays world is: 1) grabbing the arm of a
person2) striking a student on the rear end (or anywhere) with a ruler, 3) startling someone from behind) by placing a hand on each shoulder, 4) making a statement that offends a person 5)actual sexual contact (the least common) of all abuses that have been brought to trial for conviction (less that 1/2 of 1% of priests worldwide. No one is saying that ACTUAL SEXUAL ABUSIVE priests should not be behind bars, but lets get the "real facts" and the "real truth". Actual Protestant sexual abuse cases = or exceeds that of the Catholic Church and Public School Abuses (reported and unreported are 30-40% greater than in ANY Catholic or Protestant Church. Of course the mainstream media liberals wouldn't (dare) touch these Protestant or Public School abuse cases with "front page stories" because it would uncover a Nationwide outcry of anger for a full and complete investigation that would make undermine the entire Public School system.---Yes Michael---UNBELIEVABLE----but BELIEVABLE!!!!!!
HOJO says......Michael!! Your vindictiveness, hostility and hate against the Catholic Church.

Michael says.....Ever read any of your own posts you make towards protestants with your name calling and insults?

You live in a little bubble. You hate protestants, I read your posts, you hate liberal catholics, you hate the american catholic nuns because many of them have higher educations than their bishops and they spend too much time helping the poor and not speaking against abortions. You live in a tiny little bubble world.

Thats it! You are the bubble boy.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#497906 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A Muslim believes that the 12th Imam exists to love him/her. I suggest that YOU don't accept that the Muslim is telling truth, but rather that he/she is telling a lie. However you WILL believe that YOU are telling the truth when you claim that Jesus exists to in turn love YOU.
Religion always was ... and IS very tricky that way. It's selfish to its core.
NO JUNE ..if s,person says he believes whatever as Star and the others or a,Muslim believed,in..I WOULD NOT ACCUSE THEM OF LYING...as,I HSVE no way of knowing if a poser believes what they say they believe ..

A assume THEY are being truthful in what they believe ..I Don't have to
Believe the same .

If I say a, person imlieded something ..And they did ..that's,not lying .
Either .

I try not to impute wrong motives or dishonesty to people ..
Or call names or insult hem personally.

Again ...don't mean I think their belief is correct ..
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497907 Dec 7, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point. I suspect YOU of being attracted to children. I base this off your repetitive devotion to the subject. You don't seem to mind that statistics show you are attacking the wrong group. Statistics show there are more in your family than ours.
Our Church does have a zero tolerance policy. We lay people can't even go on a school field trip unless we get screened and attend a 3 hr class. Even if a Priest is accused (with or without evidence) he's immediately removed until its investigated by the police. Now if only other folks, like the Canadian school system could follow our lead. You understand there are more pedophiles in your school system don't you? Maybe you should devout your time to that!
I have no doubt in my mind who you are. I believe thats why you attack Church.

Michael says.....So anyone who supports victims of sexual abuse and most of them are grown men who have lived with this horror and agony for decades is attracted to children? The SNAP organization that is an avenue for those abused shouldn't be because they want justice from your church leaders? You are an A-hole.

Maybe one day you will grow the stones that are required to lose the FEAR in voicing your concern that your very own church leaders have lied, deceived and covered up the worst sins of all..........and you have the gall to deflect the issue because you don't want anyone saying anything bad about your church leaders who have made a fool out of you. Now I understand!

You don't like any media reporting stories about your church, because you are embarassed, but you will never give in and say 'WHAT THE HELL HAS BEEN GOING ON" its always someone elses fault.

UNBELIEVABLE!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#497908 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A Muslim believes that the 12th Imam exists to love him/her. I suggest that YOU don't accept that the Muslim is telling truth, but rather that he/she is telling a lie. However you WILL believe that YOU are telling the truth when you claim that Jesus exists to in turn love YOU.
Religion always was ... and IS very tricky that way. It's selfish to its core.
And BTW we exist to Love Him ..npt vice versa ..But it is our choice whether or not ..we do .
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497909 Dec 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a point. Let's examine a few facts. Did you give money to the Roman Catholic church over the past let's say 10 years? Did you know a portion of your offering was spent to defend the pedophile priests. StarC, when you said, quote "No one supports filthy dirty men, you are wrong." End quote. StarC, you are wrong. A portion of YOUR money did and does support filthy dirty men.
You are involved up to your ears! When you continue to support the Roman Catholic church and its cover-up of the perversion you are complicit in the crimes.
What is most disturbing is that the very church leaders in authority (the bishops) have lied, deceived, and covered up these crimes making complete fools out of the followers. This has played out right across america, canada and the rest of the world.

3 years ago Pope Benedict said we have to change. The church will be more transparent and have ZERO TOLERANCE for such criminal activity by clergy.

http://m.startribune.com/news/...

What do we have, the arch-diocese of St Paul Minnesota paying lobbyists $800,000 to vote against changing the law to bring the names forward of criminal clergy.

If catholics REALLY cared about human life, they would be just as vocal against sexual abusers as they are against women who have abortions..........but they are not!!

I support all victims of crime men, women, children, and I will ALWAYS speak out against those responsible. Catholics should be ashamed of themselves for their FEAR to speak out against there church leaders. DISGUSTING!

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#497910 Dec 7, 2013
Here is another fact about the early church. Not the Roman Catholic church....this is about the early church. Thanks, OldJG

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/sola-scrip...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#497911 Dec 7, 2013
Can a saved person become lost?

http://christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t006.ht...
Michael

Terrace Bay, Canada

#497912 Dec 7, 2013

Former catholic priest Herman Hegger, his life in a monastary.

MY EFFORTS IN THE MONASTERY

......During my childhood I often heard it said that one of the best ways to escape from eternal hell was to enter a monastery. I decided to follow that advice. Monastic life is meant to cultivate strong will power and make one capable of controlling all passions and lusts. In my monastery, various forms of bodily torture were employed to achieve such will power. We scourged ourselves several times a week, lashing our naked bodies with knotted cords. Despite the great pain, we were told that if we could endure such whipping calmly, we would receive strength to resist every kind of sensual and sexual urge. We were also told that by scourging ourselves we could atone for sins we had already committed and so shorten future punishment in Purgatory. Around our waists, thighs and arms we wore penitence chains on which were spikes which dug into our flesh. There were also many other kinds of "bodily chastisement."

......Along with self-inflicted punishments, we had other kinds of humbling exercises designed to extinguish our pride and vanity. In one of these routines a priest had to lie on the floor across a doorway so that other priests would tread on him as they went by. Whenever I did this I felt like a worm upon which people trod, but I thought that God must be very pleased with me for such a voluntary self-humiliation.

.....The worst humiliation included licking an area of the floor clean with our tongues. Doing this made me feel like an animal, like a pig wallowing in the mire or a dog sniffing around. Sometimes I even felt like an insect creeping in the dust.

....But however I punished and humiliated myself, I could not detect any change or improvement in my character or behavior. I only discovered that my weak and sinful nature was very much alive. For example, when I licked the floor clean with my tongue, it was just then that the strongest feelings of vanity and pride rose up in me. What a wonderful chap you are, I would think. What will power you must have. You inflict such painful humiliations upon yourself. How wonderful!

Catholics will say, well Michael whats wrong with that? You hate the church Michael.(lol)

UNBELIEVABLE!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#497913 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that there is NO holy or evil spirit lurking anywhere to which I must obey, fear, or submit my emotions through groveling.
I've made my peace with me, and each moment of each new day, I can do no better than my best.
Who did you suggest that to? Your Doctor? Plz stay on the meds. You sound very paranoid. Why are you so afraid?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#497914 Dec 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that what most Christians don't realize is that their supposed savior (had he lived,) was also a preacher of anti-Semitic messages.
"Within the theology," Jesus lead the people AWAY from Judaism.
Yet the ONLY god (by the various names of Adonai, or Jehovah, or Elohim, et cetera) in the Abrahamic religion, was created BY Jews, for Jewish USE ONLY.
Religion is ALL BUNK!
You have the freedom and right to follow your atheist religion. But your anti-religion is nothing more then hate. You are a hater, look in the mirror, you are worst then those in any religion.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#497915 Dec 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a point. Let's examine a few facts. Did you give money to the Roman Catholic church over the past let's say 10 years? Did you know a portion of your offering was spent to defend the pedophile priests. StarC, when you said, quote "No one supports filthy dirty men, you are wrong." End quote. StarC, you are wrong. A portion of YOUR money did and does support filthy dirty men.
You are involved up to your ears! When you continue to support the Roman Catholic church and its cover-up of the perversion you are complicit in the crimes.
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What is most disturbing is that the very church leaders in authority (the bishops) have lied, deceived, and covered up these crimes making complete fools out of the followers. This has played out right across america, canada and the rest of the world.
3 years ago Pope Benedict said we have to change. The church will be more transparent and have ZERO TOLERANCE for such criminal activity by clergy.
http://m.startribune.com/news/...
What do we have, the arch-diocese of St Paul Minnesota paying lobbyists $800,000 to vote against changing the law to bring the names forward of criminal clergy.
If catholics REALLY cared about human life, they would be just as vocal against sexual abusers as they are against women who have abortions..........but they are not!!
I support all victims of crime men, women, children, and I will ALWAYS speak out against those responsible. Catholics should be ashamed of themselves for their FEAR to speak out against there church leaders. DISGUSTING!
Well said. Thank you. OldJG.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 63,503
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min Peter Ross 445,462
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 41 min Classic 3,799
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 54 min RiccardoFire 45,230
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr ffj 973,686
Just chatt 1 hr Alone 17
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr lightbeamrider 106,474
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 281,845
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Steve III 618,728
More from around the web