Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692109 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497308 Dec 4, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Rocks have been around for a long time. There's no need to rename or reinvent them.(smiles)
I was referring to hymns ... not rocks.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#497309 Dec 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to theological nonsense, the creator created a realm where all animals had to suffer simply because humans fell from the creator's "grace."
Of all the stupidity humans believe, that theology has to about take the cake.
June

Do ALL animals suffer?
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#497310 Dec 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wacky theology
That is what makes Jesus a traitor to Judaism. He lead the people AWAY from Judaism into Christianity, and by so doing insinuated that Judaism was a vile and sinister religion.
Every time you post your Christians anti-Semitism, you AGAIN insult the Jews that stayed faithful to Judaism.
And you are certain that for committing such horror against the Jews ... you will be rewarded.
If people are rewarded for such lies, maybe there really is a god that chooses favorites to follow his sinister plots.
June

Perhaps the Jewish hierarchy stole Judaism from the Jewish people, and led them astray....?

Sounds like most politicians.(smile)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497311 Dec 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus to Peter: "I will give YOU the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven; whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven;
I suggest the above stemmed from thought of cunning Catholic theologian to pen and then to paper.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Jewish theologian ... "Jesus is a fake messiah. A real one would not abandon us Jews."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497312 Dec 4, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Do ALL animals suffer?
Well I suggest that when they are chewing on each other and blood is gushing out of their bodies and they are making horrible sounds ... they are in deed suffering.

If YOU think they are praying to a benevolent father ... then so be it.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#497313 Dec 4, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting this again:
TYPOLOGY AND THE NEW ISRAEL
According to the typological method, God’s promises to Abraham and his descendents were fulfilled through
Christ and His Church. One Orthodox scholar has written:“In Christ, then, the covenant with Israel was fulfilled, transformed, and transcended. After the coming of the Messiah—the Incarnation of God the Son—only those who are ‘built into Christ’ are counted among the people of God. In Christ, the old Israel is superseded by the Christian Church, the new Israel, the body of
Christ; the old covenant is completed in the new covenant in and through Jesus Christ”(George Cronk, The Message of the Bible; St. Vladimir Seminary
Press; 1982, p. 80).
http://www.antiochian.org/Orthodox_Church_Who ...
Morning Regina:)

I think we agree that people must born=anew, in Christ, to be a member of His church.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#497314 Dec 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to hymns ... not rocks.
June

I know..., "Rock of Ages cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee."

"On Christ the solid Rock I stand...."

(smiles)
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#497315 Dec 4, 2013
clever
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#497317 Dec 4, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
many writings of the early Church are in original form. The letters of Ignatius of Antioch were composed by his hand and preserved to this day in Rome.
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch
Very informative piece from this article (thanks);

He is also responsible for the first known use of the Greek word katholikos (&#954;&#945;&#952 ;&#959;&#955;&#953 ;&#954;&#972;&#962 ;), meaning "universal", "complete" and "whole" to describe the church, writing:

"Wherever the bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful to baptize or give communion without the consent of the bishop. On the other hand, whatever has his approval is pleasing to God. Thus, whatever is done will be safe and valid." — Letter to the Smyrnaeans 8, J.R. Willis translation.

It is from the word katholikos ("according to the whole") that the word catholic comes. When Ignatius wrote the Letter to the Smyrnaeans in about the year 107 and used the word catholic, he used it as if it were a word already in use to describe the Church. This has led many scholars to conclude that the appellation Catholic Church with its ecclesial connotation may have been in use as early as the last quarter of the 1st century.

On the Eucharist, he wrote in his letter to the Smyrnaeans:

Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God ... They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes.— Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2–7:1
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#497318 Dec 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I suggest that when they are chewing on each other and blood is gushing out of their bodies and they are making horrible sounds ... they are in deed suffering.
If YOU think they are praying to a benevolent father ... then so be it.
June

To be honest, I do not know....

For the most part it seems to me, that an animal goes into shock when it is in eminent death by its prey. The question of suffering is deeper than just pain. And it is hard to know to what degree an animal suffers(at least for me)....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497319 Dec 4, 2013
If a creator does exist, it's a beast, and has nothing in common with kindness or mercy whatsoever.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497320 Dec 4, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I know..., "Rock of Ages cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee."
"On Christ the solid Rock I stand...."
(smiles)
So, I suggest you go sing it to yourself as you picture your self in heaven and picture the majority of others in hell.

That ought to thrill you NO END!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#497321 Dec 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus himself would have been a vile traitor had he lived, as he would have been the one to LEAD the ex-Jews away from Judaism, rather than stating ... "I came to teach you to be better Jews."
Even within already wacky theology ... Christianity is based on lies.

~~~

you are so ignorant...

You sit there and pound out one lie after another..

when all around you is a vortex of evil...which is only held in check by the good and morals that come from Christian influence..

Don't you have the GUMPTION to understand that

if the kind of world you are fighting ...for .DID REALLY..exist..

THAT .you would have no CREATURE comforts ...no place to hide...no safe

place TO LAY YOU HEAD.. NO FOOD TO EAT...

YOU POST AS ONE THAT IS IN AN INSANE INSTITUTION.

~~~~~

Question..

If ever person were just as you are..

AND FOLLOWED YOUR MIND SET

OF AMORALITY, GODLESSNESS..

LIVING IN A MORASS OF UNLIMITED DEPRIVATION

AND DEBAUCHERY...NO HOLES BARRED SENSUALITY..

HOW LONG WOULD THIS WORLD LAST.

AS IT IS ...WITH PEOPLE SUCH AS YOU ARE

MURDER, RAPE, AIDS, DISEASE ANS SUFFERING (BROUGHT ON BY SADISTIC DEMONS ARE BAD ENOUGH CURRENTLY...

JUST WHAT KIND OF INDIVIDUAL ARE YOU?

YOU SAY WE ARE ANIMALS...AND PEOPLE ARE LIVING LIKE DOGS...

IS THAT THE WORLD OF YOU CHOICE...

AS YOU PREACH HERE IN THIS FORUM
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497322 Dec 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Regina:)
I think we agree that people must born=anew, in Christ, to be a member of His church.
You will always find people who agree with stupidity.
Catholic Girl

United States

#497323 Dec 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But ... you WARN ... if others don't follow Jesus as do YOU, they can expect the WORST in the "afterlife." .
Oh No, BeetleJuice scene. What would be the worst afterlife job? Civil Servant job. ha ha ha ha.
does anyone else remember this scene? Beetlejuice is a classic movie, much humor. The first 3 times I watched, picked up something new.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497324 Dec 4, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
To be honest, I do not know....
For the most part it seems to me, that an animal goes into shock when it is in eminent death by its prey. The question of suffering is deeper than just pain. And it is hard to know to what degree an animal suffers(at least for me)....
To believe you suffer and other animals might not suffer bespeaks of your insensitivity.

I've watched animals crying in pain.

You are quite the character.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497325 Dec 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus himself would have been a vile traitor had he lived, as he would have been the one to LEAD the ex-Jews away from Judaism, rather than stating ... "I came to teach you to be better Jews."
Even within already wacky theology ... Christianity is based on lies.
~~~
you are so ignorant...
You sit there and pound out one lie after another..
when all around you is a vortex of evil...which is only held in check by the good and morals that come from Christian influence..
Don't you have the GUMPTION to understand that
if the kind of world you are fighting ...for .DID REALLY..exist..
THAT .you would have no CREATURE comforts ...no place to hide...no safe
place TO LAY YOU HEAD.. NO FOOD TO EAT...
YOU POST AS ONE THAT IS IN AN INSANE INSTITUTION.
~~~~~
Question..
If ever person were just as you are..
AND FOLLOWED YOUR MIND SET
OF AMORALITY, GODLESSNESS..
LIVING IN A MORASS OF UNLIMITED DEPRIVATION
AND DEBAUCHERY...NO HOLES BARRED SENSUALITY..
HOW LONG WOULD THIS WORLD LAST.
AS IT IS ...WITH PEOPLE SUCH AS YOU ARE
MURDER, RAPE, AIDS, DISEASE ANS SUFFERING (BROUGHT ON BY SADISTIC DEMONS ARE BAD ENOUGH CURRENTLY...
JUST WHAT KIND OF INDIVIDUAL ARE YOU?
YOU SAY WE ARE ANIMALS...AND PEOPLE ARE LIVING LIKE DOGS...
IS THAT THE WORLD OF YOU CHOICE...
AS YOU PREACH HERE IN THIS FORUM
Yet you are the one who believes that homosexuals deserve hell for being evil.

You are the one who is certain that YOU deserve heaven and even Catholics deserve hell.

If you are trying to draw people TO your religion, I suggest you will have to count on fear of hell as your only hope.
Catholic Girl

United States

#497326 Dec 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If a creator does exist, it's a beast, and has nothing in common with kindness or mercy whatsoever.
Ot Oh, sounds like you may be seeing the light. "If a creator...."
We believe we are created in God's image.
Keep the faith...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497327 Dec 4, 2013
I remember when I first came on the forum how Christians claimed that homosexuals that acquired AIDS were evil and deserved to die.

They were furious when I stated that my place was to try to help them be in any way possible.

I learned once again that Christians can often be the most insensitive humans on earth, and are only concerned with their own supposed salvation.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#497328 Dec 4, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ot Oh, sounds like you may be seeing the light. "If a creator...."
We believe we are created in God's image.
Keep the faith...
"If" a creator exists, it is vicious, as are you!

To dis the Jews as having no god left to love them, because you believe the god now loves you ... bespeaks of you as a self-centered animal in deed! Vicious people serve vicious images of gods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 min Paul really is dead 462
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 47,058
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 28 min Exposing Devil Lies 619,845
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Tellthetruth 990,699
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 2 hr BEWARE_RAY_ROTOLO 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 445,850
LeBron James: Should he STAY or should he GO?? 4 hr Exposing Devil Lies 7
More from around the web