Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703622 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#497151 Dec 3, 2013
marge wrote:
What Is Replacement Theology?
Replacement Theology was introduced to the Church shortly after Gentile leadership took over from Jewish leadership. What are its premises?
1.Israel (the Jewish people and the land) has been replaced by the Christian Church in the purposes of God, or, more precisely, the Church is the historic continuation of Israel to the exclusion of the former.
2.The Jewish people are now no longer a "chosen people." In fact, they are no different from any other group, such as the English, Spanish, or Africans.
3.Apart from repentance, the new birth, and incorporation into the Church, the Jewish people have no future, no hope, and no calling in the plan of God. The same is true for every other nation and group.
4.Since Pentecost of Acts 2, the term "Israel," as found in the Bible, now refers to the Church.
5.The promises, covenants and blessings ascribed to Israel in the Bible have been taken away from the Jews and given to the Church, which has superseded them. However, the Jews are subject to the curses found in the Bible, as a result of their rejection of Christ.
Which Church believes in Replacement Theology?

I think it went "out of date" in past 100 years.

Now the "Jews have been "restored back" to their Chosen state. All promised mentioned in Bible have been 'Given back" to them.

Now it is "duty" of every Christian to see that Jews get whatever they demand and no request is big enough.

How the pendulum swings from one extreme to another extreme in this "strange world of theology"!!

"Church" saying there is "Nothing wrong" in Sodomy and Lesbianism !!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#497152 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
My Christian brothers and sisters were persecuted until 313 AD when your founder, Constantine declared his form and your form of "christianity" as the state religion of the Roman Empire. From 313 AD to 1517 AD true Christianity became so corrupted by the Roman Empire Catholic church it no longer resembled the church Jesus Christ died for.
In January 313, Constantine legalized Christianity with an edict that read:
"let this be so in order that the divine grace which we have experienced in such manifold ways, may always remain loyal to us and continue to bless us in all we undertake, for the welfare of the empire."
"For the welfare of the empire". What does that mean AnthonyMN?
Christianity was tolerated and even supported by the Roman State where conflict was not apparent. However, it was only one of many acceptable religions. Constantine was so superstitious that he feared offending any god, he worshiped the sun as a deity, and was only accepted into the Christian Church on his death bed.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
SaaaaWING and a miss.
"for the welfare of the empire" refers to the conflicts occurring between the Catholic Christian Churches and the gnostic sects who were preaching heresy as well as the Arian heresy. Some hefty studying on your part may clear this up, although I doubt you have the attention span.
St. John completed Revelation around AD 90. Do you have anything from your "brothers and sisters" that remotely resembles your evangelical fundamentalist beliefs between then and AD 313? I can produce volumes of writings from Christians during that period who held the beliefs Catholics hold today. If your "brothers and sisters" held evangelical fundamentalist beliefs, where are the writings?
Also, did "Christianity" go into hiding after AD 313 for 1200 years? Is your argument that the lack of evidence means they were there all along? lol.
Virtually everything in Christianity from your date when the book of the Revelation was written and until 313 was written in VOLUMES by Christians.....not Romans. Do you comprende'. You are not CHRISTIAN.....you are a R O M A N ....get it!

Christianity.....true Christianity was put to death for 1,204 years until the Protestant Reformation set the captives free from the tyranny of Rome. Unfortunately you remain a captive to Rome.
truth

Perth, Australia

#497153 Dec 3, 2013
i am way and truth..

majko moje misli
prostri doli
ko kad molis ispod kriza
ko sveti plac..

in.tear.sant.io=n

zum zum zum zum zum zum zum

from every word you live
as you eat bread and drink water

majko prostri moje misli
na taj put
ko pod kriz moj i svoj plac

zum zum zum zum zum=inovation

svaki code svaki kroj
svaki broj je zbroj..
great number is great number..

majko prostri moje misli
na taj put
ko pod kriz moj i tvoj plac

put=way
i am way and truth

zum zum zum zum zum
you live from every words

majko
tears

prostri moje misli
na taj put
zum zum zum zum zum zum
ko svaku suzu
i sveti plac..

prostri moje misli
ucvrsti nasu ljubav
dok dijete vapi i moli
zum zum zum zum zum zum
za svaku suzu
i za svaku rijec
i za svaki plac
who not forget tears
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#497154 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All religious words were written by theologians, who were willing and ready to govern your thoughts FOR you.
You hit a nerve there June 'My thoughts for you.'

I was collecting for a certain charity organaztion this morning.
Anyway while I was ringing the bell this older man walked up and read the banner and looked me over and asked if THEY alowed me to say Merry Chistmas or God bless you.

Sure,I said Why wouldn't I thank someone for their donnation in that way? He said I was just asking,some people get in troluble or sued for such replies.

Being from Canada you don't know how dear freedom of speech is to most Americans June. You folks have everything desided for you.

I fear in a few years we will end up like you poor brain washed people doing and beliving as we are orderd without question.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#497155 Dec 3, 2013
The pope is on TV so much he should have his own sitcom. What he does is funny. He loves to glorify himself. He loves to have the world think of him as Mr. Wonderful when in reality all he is doing is trolling for little boys to supply his perversion. And the Romans call this man their god (vicar) here on earth. Totally sad.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#497156 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The pope is on TV so much he should have his own sitcom. What he does is funny. He loves to glorify himself. He loves to have the world think of him as Mr. Wonderful when in reality all he is doing is trolling for little boys to supply his perversion. And the Romans call this man their god (vicar) here on earth. Totally sad.
I'm not a but fan of the Catholics,but there's no proof of pilfiring young boys.

I wonder why so many of the clergy get off on somthing so disgusting?
truth

Perth, Australia

#497158 Dec 3, 2013
tv is target everyone who is on front
first chair
see
great speaker are great manipulator
politicians are some
manit=mental mean

see

pronaucment of words

see
zum zum zum muz muz muz
muz=krava mlikara=as cow milk

see

its not like that
as river
as water
as tears coming from emotions
cntrol 0.25 second zum zum fast blast
as opose
good verse evil see jesus cross and peter cross
as emotion as love
as tears as river as water
0.25=obey
see intercetion y =way
obey
control emotion 0.25 second fast blast zum

0=o 2=b 5=e
obe+y
obey=law=commandments
don't kill
don't cozy acident
observe my words parents say to chioldreens
obey respect oldest
truth

Perth, Australia

#497159 Dec 3, 2013
i stop celebrity cristmass 12 years ago

its stay just in my mind and my heart

serve your evil

not me
n
truth

Perth, Australia

#497160 Dec 3, 2013
it bis written
righteosness people don't have any rights

gesture is just who try rep[reasnt as act goodness

in reality since creation poor and and so many don't have nothing
film which others put trough tv not worthy for them just for tv media and rich
by

n
truth

Perth, Australia

#497161 Dec 3, 2013
your christ don't need nothing from you
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo
not comercial Christmass no

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#497162 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe everything he wrote as being based on fact because it IS fact, or simply because you WANT to believe it???
You pick YOUR history that pleases you, and I'll pick mine that pleases me ... and neither of us will know if any of it is based on truth.
I could write a story of my life and put it on the forum and maybe none of it actually occurred ... but you wouldn't know that I was lying ... would YOU?
It's the same with all happenings from history. Those who told the stories always flavored the stories to suit their own emotions.
For instance ... the Jews (faithful to Judaism) stated that Jesus was NOT the Jewish messiah ... but the Catholics stated that Jesus was and IS the messiah.
Christians believe the Christian version, and naturally the Jews believe the Jewish version. And I don't believe either version.
And so it goes.
You are outside of any stream of logic known to man. According to you the man was in 4 concentration camps, lost 3 family members, wrote a fictional account, developed a school of psychology out of this fictional account, and founded institutes across the world. I know you dont know what peer reviewd means, bur he has been peer reviewed and analyzed by Freud, Adler. I guess he didnt pass June's criteria.Where is your credibility or foundation of knowledge for just flippin out negative remarks.

Location hidden

#497163 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Man’s Search for meaning, by Victor E. Frankl.
The Meaning of Life
I doubt whether a doctor can answer this question in general terms. For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person’s life at a given moment.
good clip job.Dishonesty again

Location hidden

#497164 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Something to live for meant that they keep eating, albeit very low rations.
I've read many books concerning humans in such situations, and rest assured that they had to be determined if they wanted to live.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
On page number one of the book are the words …“This straightforward and unique diary of a 20-year-old Civil war soldier was written during his long, desperate months in Confederate prisons.”
From the book “John Ransom’s Diary,” comes the following.
There are some here who pray and try to preach. Very many too who have heretofore been religiously inclined, throw off all restraint and are about the worst. Tried and found wanting it seems to me.
And what school of psychology have you founded?
truth

Perth, Australia

#497165 Dec 3, 2013
many family trough generation and history have very sad life tragedy this or that..you are not first..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#497166 Dec 3, 2013
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.

KM

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#497167 Dec 3, 2013
1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God.
1Jn 4:8 He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.

KM

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#497168 Dec 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth shall set you free, but where you will find the truth?
In the logic of St. Paul, the "self claimed" apostle of Jesus?
Considering that the prophet Mohammed plagiarized the Bible,why don't I look to the Bible for the truth as opposed to something that was plagiarized from the Bible like the Qu'ran?

Evidently Muhammed was not above looking to the Bible as a source for his so called holy book given the fact that he plagiarized it? If the Bible was good enough for Muhammed to plagiarize then the Bible should be good for all Muslims.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#497169 Dec 4, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God.
1Jn 4:8 He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.
KM
Love is probably the most misused word in this world.

Every one uses this word in their own sense.

But to say that God is Love, is exceeding the limit. Love is an emotion and God is not an emotion.

God is Loving but God is not love.

This simple mistake has mislead millions, who keep on shouting God is Love, God is Love.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#497170 Dec 4, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
My Christian brothers and sisters were persecuted until 313 AD when your founder, Constantine declared his form and your form of "christianity" as the state religion of the Roman Empire. From 313 AD to 1517 AD true Christianity became so corrupted by the Roman Empire Catholic church it no longer resembled the church Jesus Christ died for.
In January 313, Constantine legalized Christianity with an edict that read:
"let this be so in order that the divine grace which we have experienced in such manifold ways, may always remain loyal to us and continue to bless us in all we undertake, for the welfare of the empire."
"For the welfare of the empire". What does that mean AnthonyMN?
Christianity was tolerated and even supported by the Roman State where conflict was not apparent. However, it was only one of many acceptable religions. Constantine was so superstitious that he feared offending any god, he worshiped the sun as a deity, and was only accepted into the Christian Church on his death bed.
<quoted text>
Virtually everything in Christianity from your date when the book of the Revelation was written and until 313 was written in VOLUMES by Christians.....not Romans. Do you comprende'. You are not CHRISTIAN.....you are a R O M A N ....get it!
Christianity.....true Christianity was put to death for 1,204 years until the Protestant Reformation set the captives free from the tyranny of Rome. Unfortunately you remain a captive to Rome.
Now THAT'S what a true conspiracy Christian looks like.
Where's your faith old gee? Thought Jesus promised to be with them til the end of age? I thought the gates of hell wouldn't prevail against His Church that Paul calls "the pillar and bulwark of truth"?
We compiled the Bible, then the Holy Spirit left until you were born to interpret it for us. Wow. No thanks, I'll pass on what your strange take.
truth

Perth, Australia

#497171 Dec 4, 2013
even suffering is not God..no
Why should be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Kwisatz Haderach 87,795
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Big Al 996,434
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,916
News Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million in Will (Aug '07) 3 hr LIKUD Sindrome 313
Making DEVILS Rich 5 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 3
Silence German Style 5 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 8 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,548