Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650195 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497116 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID...
:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#497117 Dec 3, 2013
Don't cozy accident its not nice kill mother of children?!
-don't kill
-don't be fal$y Christians

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#497118 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is the Kingdom of God on earth, the new Israel (Jesus said in Matthew 21:43 that he was taking the Kingdom away from Israel, and giving it to a nation that will produce the fruits of it - namely, the Catholic Church), and is modeled after David's Kingdom, with a huge temple (the Vatican), a prime minister (our Pope), a sacred tabernacle containing the Ark of the Covenant (our tabernacle containing the Eucharist), officers who take care of the kingdom (our Cardinals and bishops), high priests (our priests), a Passover Meal (our Eucharist), and a Queen Mother (The Blessed Virgin Mary).
http://www.catholicbible101.com/thechurchthen...
God Bless.
That's,the,link I was,referring too ...yes,we Gentiles have profited from.Israel's,loss,in our time ..But we are still adopted of Israel ..the,descendant of Abraham ..Israel is,the land of the,Covenant and God has,NOT forgotten her ...nor them.
DAVID'S,THRONE AND KINGDOM IS ISRAEL ..AND,Christ will sit on that throne no he POPE ...

As I said his,I'd,the worst I've read of the church's beliefs ..

We have ONE HIGH PRIEST JESUS CHRIST ..One only
.no prime minister
..no throne ..no temple ..yet

Prince George, Canada

#497119 Dec 3, 2013
Excommunication frightened those people so terribly...and the 'punishment' is just unthinkable.
Martin Luther used the bible to encourage the princes to kill the starving peasants for rebelling against Martin's ORDERS.

You are a fool by CHOICE.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#497120 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
(Note to self, Confrinting calls the written Word of God a "broken record". Remember this the next time he says Catholics reject the bible.)
I suppose this "broken record" should be ignored as well?
14 So much I tell thee by letter, although I hope to pay thee a visit before long; 15 so that, if I am slow in coming, thou mayest be in no doubt over the conduct that is expected of thee in God’s household. By that I mean the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation upon which the truth rests.
Their behavior should have matched what we today have Written, that's why it was Written for us.
truth

Perth, Australia

#497121 Dec 3, 2013
humans have many things what wicket design or rich people want..ordinary people never think what others know or prepare
- for you
- your love-ones
- your tribe
-your nations
-your place
-your city..

yee
find your leaders who liked that
find your oldest with wisdom why i am wrong
each person must be responsible..
truth

Perth, Australia

#497122 Dec 3, 2013
as revolt
how many died as rule as noble as authority

peasant food is nice
i think not always

even today wicket as seed as good and very bad seed

on action reaction

Prince George, Canada

#497123 Dec 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really that knowledgeable about Frankl
Do you believe everything he wrote as being based on fact because it IS fact, or simply because you WANT to believe it???

You pick YOUR history that pleases you, and I'll pick mine that pleases me ... and neither of us will know if any of it is based on truth.

I could write a story of my life and put it on the forum and maybe none of it actually occurred ... but you wouldn't know that I was lying ... would YOU?

It's the same with all happenings from history. Those who told the stories always flavored the stories to suit their own emotions.

For instance ... the Jews (faithful to Judaism) stated that Jesus was NOT the Jewish messiah ... but the Catholics stated that Jesus was and IS the messiah.

Christians believe the Christian version, and naturally the Jews believe the Jewish version. And I don't believe either version.

And so it goes.
truth

Perth, Australia

#497124 Dec 3, 2013
How you call order of high priest..M?

Prince George, Canada

#497125 Dec 3, 2013
<quoted text>
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
Watch out a Catholic doesn't shoot you off that rock!

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#497126 Dec 3, 2013
thats allright
paul $aulupez;why you prosecuted me'..

Everything will past not my words!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497127 Dec 3, 2013
who="ReginaM" <quoted text>
For one thing, Kay, it isn't that easy to be excommunicated. Either these individuals didn't understand the nature of the action or they simply never existed to begin with.
There is no excommunication that cannot be lifted. It is a remedial action and often only requires that one go to confession. It does not separate one from the love of God nor is meant to.
I really wish you would stop this kind of thing. It's not fruitful and certainly not Christian in nature.
----------
Excommunication frightened those people so terribly...and the 'punishment' is just unthinkable.
I had a friend (he is dead now) whose wife died. He remarried to a Protestant woman. He continued with the CC all of his life. He sent his children to CC school.
When he was old and near death, he was visited by a CC priest who told him that, due to his Protestant wife, he could not be buried by the CC.
I'm not telling you a fable. We knew this man and his family well.
I have no personal vendetta against Catholics; I've known a lot of very good ones...but there are 'traditions' in the CC that are detrimental to people.
KayMarie
He was not excommunicated. You say he remained a Catholic after his wife died (I don't know why he wouldn't!). Therefore, he most assuredly would have remarried in the Church, at which time it would have been known that his future wife was Protestant and the proper steps would have been taken in order for them to have a Catholic wedding. It's a very easy process. Catholics are allowed to marry Protestants, you know. Something is very fishy here. A big part of this story is missing.

As I said, it's not that easy to be excommunicated and it can be lifted. If one claims to be Catholic, then they should be just that and not pick and choose what they will and won't believe or follow. It's not a cafeteria.

Prince George, Canada

#497128 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We have ONE HIGH PRIEST JESUS CHRIST
A Jewish priest in a Christian temple.

How funny.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497129 Dec 3, 2013
CONTINUED
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye ( THE GENTILES ) who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
JESUS ABOLISHED THE LAW...HE DID NOT ABOLISH THE ABRAHAMIC COVENANT
NOTE
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
JESUS
Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me/BOTH THE JEWS AND THE GENTILES free from the law of sin and death.
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God
in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace
to you which were afar off, and
to them that were nigh.
NOTE
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
BOTH THE JEW AND THE GENTILES-->
Eph 2:20 And -->are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together
for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
Though He knew,what would happen to His people ..I would think a great deal.of Jesus,weeping is,over His,Chosen and how,they've been treated.
Every Jew,mistreated was related by blood to Our Lord in His,incarnation..AND RELATED BY BLOOD TO HIS MOTHER ...if you think on it TO PETER TOO ..just bought of it that way .

Peter was always,Jewish ...so was,Mary and her Son ...And yet anti Semitism flourished ...during the middle,ages ruled by RCC domination.

But now,to think the,RCC really sees,itself as A replacement for the,APPLE of His,eyes ..just floors,me ...really ..

There,has,been NO permanent Replacement ..we were grafted in ...same tree ...

Yes the blood of our Lord replaced the blood of Calves,...But God never goes back on His,promise
And it was to Abraham ..the Aposles will HAVR horned over ISRAEL.And her Sons ...And it won't be in Rome ..

Prince George, Canada

#497130 Dec 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really that knowledgeable about Frankl, The Search for meaning, and Logotherapy?
Man’s Search for meaning, by Victor E. Frankl.

The Meaning of Life

I doubt whether a doctor can answer this question in general terms. For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person’s life at a given moment.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497131 Dec 3, 2013
Thrones over ISRAEL ...for each of the twelve tribes .

The number of Apostles was NOT arbitrary or coincidence .

It was ordained by God ...

Prince George, Canada

#497132 Dec 3, 2013
I've never had an abortion, so from my perspective, I have no right to judge women when THEY have abortions. Maybe if I were in their shoes, I would do the same.

As I am heterosexual, I have no right to judge what homosexuals do, as without being them, I can't possibly understand them.

But for seventy years of my life I was in religion, so I believe I do have a right to make plenty of comments about religion.

Whether you agree with me or not ... is your choice.

Prince George, Canada

#497133 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Thrones over ISRAEL ...for each of the twelve tribes .
The number of Apostles was NOT arbitrary or coincidence .
It was ordained by God ...
Would that be by the god when he favored Jews, or when he favored Catholics, or when he favored Muslims, or when he favored Protestants. What MOOD was he in THAT minute of his "life?"

You have to be more specific, or you could mislead those who are not as wise as are you.

Sarcasm intended.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#497134 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is the Kingdom of God on earth, the new Israel (Jesus said in Matthew 21:43 that he was taking the Kingdom away from Israel, and giving it to a nation that will produce the fruits of it - namely, the Catholic Church), and is modeled after David's Kingdom, with a huge temple (the Vatican), a prime minister (our Pope), a sacred tabernacle containing the Ark of the Covenant (our tabernacle containing the Eucharist), officers who take care of the kingdom (our Cardinals and bishops), high priests (our priests), a Passover Meal (our Eucharist), and a Queen Mother (The Blessed Virgin Mary).
http://www.catholicbible101.com/thechurchthen...
God Bless.
IS,THIS,DOGMA,..or theory ..

Have to wonder if he,POPE,told,this,to Netanyahu the other day .

We,are the,New,Israel of God,and the,Vatican is,the,New,Temple,.

GreAt conversation if he did .

is,it dogma,???

Prince George, Canada

#497135 Dec 3, 2013
Man’s Search for meaning, by Victor E. Frankl.

The Meaning of Life

To put the question in general terms would be comparable to the question posed to a chess champion:“Tell me Master, what is the best move in the world?” There simply is no such thing as the best or ever a good move apart from a particular situation in a game and the particular personality of one’s opponent. The same holds for human existence. One should not search for an abstract meaning of life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 56,149
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min ChristineM 445,900
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 19 min RiccardoFire 44,956
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 57 min andet1987 6,079
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,323
Ayurveda oil massage 1 hr rahul 2
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 7 hr akon mason 70
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 hr another viewer 971,759
More from around the web