Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667943 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#497017 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder where you believe your SELF's "knowledge" fits in the follow milieu?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following…….
The Gnostics blended with the faith of Christ many sublime but obscure tenets, which they derived from oriental philosophy, and even from the religion of Zoroaster, concerning the eternity of matter, the existence of the two principles, and the mysterious hierarchy of the invisible world. As soon as they launched out into the vast abyss, they delivered themselves to the guidance of disordered imagination; and as the paths of error are various and infinite, the Gnostics were imperceptibly divided into more than fifty particular sects, of whom the most celebrated appear to have been the Basilidians, the Valentinians, the Marcionites, and, in a still later period, the Manichaeaens. Each of these sects could boast of its bishops and congregations, of its doctors and martyrs; and, instead of the Four Gospels adopted by the church, the heretics produced a multitude of histories, in which the actions and discourses of Christ and his apostles were adapted to their respective tenets.
Not all Gnostics were Christians.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#497018 Dec 3, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, did you see it too?
I've seen pictures only.

Never been there.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#497019 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that many people are still in debt from last Christmas and plan to go even farther into debt this Christmas.
It seems they believe that that is "something" for which to be thankful.
Who did you suggest that to? Who would believe that being in debt would be something to be thankful for?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497020 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
Jesus rejects no one.
Well according to this specific sermons of yours ... everyone will be allowed in heaven ... so why are you continuing to PREACH about the dangers of hell???

Dimwit!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#497021 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christmas is based on the concept that Jesus loves ONLY Christians.
That's quite the egregious message to give to others in the world who have countless other systems of belief.
It's certainly not based on consideration of others.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy the season. God Bless.

Prince George, Canada

#497022 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
My Christian brothers and sisters were persecuted until 313 AD when your founder, Constantine declared his form and your form of "christianity" as the state religion of the Roman Empire.
I suggest you stop with your histrionics.

Your Christian brothers and sisters didn't exist in 313 AD, because you live NOW.

Any Christians that lived in the early centuries were break-away Jews, anxious to vilify, torture and murder faithful Jews as Christ-killers. They were nothing of which to be proud.

Prince George, Canada

#497023 Dec 3, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a child of my Mom adn Dad.
Nice dodge there, Gnostic persecutor of Jews.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#497024 Dec 3, 2013
who="Rosesz" <quoted text>
Exactly ..not easy ....believe it or not ..I delete a lot
----------
It will make you a better and happier person. Jesus held His tongue while they drove nails in His hands and feet. We must hold ours when sharp words pierce our heart. He showed us the way.
KayMarie
Exactly what I think every time confrinting launches another one of his tirades against me and my faith in Christ.

Prince George, Canada

#497025 Dec 3, 2013
Jesus held His tongue while they drove nails in His hands and feet.
What a silly story.

Had Jesus lived, he would have been murdered because the Jews knew he was a traitor to Judaism, and from their perception would have had every reason to drive nails into his hands.

I suggest he would have been pleading with the Jews ... "WAIT ... don't kill me for preaching a foreign religion. I've learned my lesson and from now on I'll be a good Jew, faithful to Judaism."

Prince George, Canada

#497026 Dec 3, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy the season. God Bless.
I don't believe in, or celebrate Christmas, and I don't even believe in the god created by the Jews, much less your warmed-over version of a god.

To me, Christmas is simply another day of the year, no more special than April Fools day which has been dubbed as Atheist's Day.

:)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#497027 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic church not the small "c" catholic (universal) church which is Christianity and serves Jesus Christ not a pope (vicar). Correct?
Small c used because it has no significant to me what so ever, in other words I have no respect for the catholic church. There's no such position authorized by God, again no respect or recognition do I give to the word pope or vicar. Catholics are not Christians, as they are lost, the catholic church is nothing more than a man made church with doctrine of pagans. The bible speaks nothing of the catholic church, can't you see that? The NT says nothing of Peter going to Rome so there goes your chances for a pope using Peter, besides Peter wouldn't degrade himself with a doctrine of pagans.

Prince George, Canada

#497028 Dec 3, 2013
Preachers that brag up their own religions tend to suffer from the blight of histrionics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

histrionic

noun

plural noun: histrionics

melodramatic behaviour designed to attract attention.

https://www.google.ca/#q=histrionics

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#497029 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking sincerely or will it predispose another "full of it" remark?
Guess

Prince George, Canada

#497030 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what I think every time confrinting launches another one of his tirades against me and my faith in Christ.
It works BOTH ways.

You both believe that Jesus is your servant who mops up Christian sins and waits for you in Christian heaven.

Dimwits

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#497031 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop with your histrionics.
Your Christian brothers and sisters didn't exist in 313 AD, because you live NOW.
Any Christians that lived in the early centuries were break-away Jews, anxious to vilify, torture and murder faithful Jews as Christ-killers. They were nothing of which to be proud.
WRONG, Christians came to be in the year 33 AD on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2 37-38, 313 AD is when the catholics came into existence, and their not Christians. The Church of Christ is the first church that came into existence in 33 AD. The church that the bible speaks of is the Church of Christ, the church of the bible.

Prince George, Canada

#497032 Dec 3, 2013
Those in all the many religions celebrate HOLY days, and I am left to celebrate April Fool's Day.

OH HAPPY DAYS!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#497033 Dec 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Now rose we have explained to you many times. Do you actually think someone would buy a piece of artwork that weighs a ton or a fresco? Do you know what a fresco is? It's not the name of a soft drink , by the way. We don't have to explain things to you multiple times. You are either slow or very anti-Catholic.
Again insults....... after your really vile post yesterday using smutty words and innuendo ..very inappropriate ...

... please do not post to me ..I though at least on a Christian forum you would refrain from talk like that ..I was wrong

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#497034 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying "New Jerusalem", I keep telling you "New Israel".
Now you're going on and on about the "cathedrals and Chair of Peter" nonsense. As I said, if you refuse to critically examine what it is you believe you're simply a bigot.
~~~

THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS NEW ISRAEL..

.AND ANY ONE THAT SAYS THERE IS IS A LIAR...

THE COVENANT THAT GOD MADE WITH ABRAHAM IN GENESIS...IS AN EVERLASTING COVENANT...

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT YOU NO ANY OTHER HEATHEN LIAR CAN SPIN IT AWAY.

Gen_17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for -->an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

Gen_17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an -->everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Gen_17:13 -->He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

Gen_17:19 And God said,

Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and

thou shalt call his name Isaac: and

--> I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Gen_21:33 And Abraham planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the everlasting God.

Gen_48:4 And said unto me, Behold, I will make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, and I will make of thee a multitude of people; and

-->will give this land to thy seed after thee for an everlasting possession.

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Prince George, Canada

#497035 Dec 3, 2013
Theology en masse!

Jesus ... "I don't know how it happened Dad. I was minding my business in a temple preaching Judaism, and before I knew what hit me I was in the river Jordon being baptized into the Catholic faith by a Catholic they told me was a saint named John."

God ... "That's okay son ... Catholic theologians with their pens also converted me to Catholicism and removed my previous name of Jehovah."

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497036 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking sincerely or will it predispose another "full of it" remark?
Ooops! Sorry, Anthony, I gave her a few *very* secular sources.
But, really, this isn't anything new, as you well know.

I guess I just don't like the games that are being played. Thought this was interesting:

"When 200 homeless people were received to dinner at the Vatican, some of the purveyors of odious comparisons were publicly in awe of Francis’ humility and charity. They had perhaps been too busy to notice that he was merely repeating a gesture his two immediate predecessors had made before him. Or not quite. In 2010, Benedict XVI received 250 homeless people to lunch, and passed in person at every table before sitting down at one of them to take his meal with his guests. Francis sent a cardinal to represent him. Let us not make odious comparisons in our turn, but the narrative of the humble new broom who is sweeping away the “Renaissance court” of the immediate past needs to be exposed as the manipulation it is."
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblo...

Anthony, I know I'm preaching to the choir, so thanks for bearing with me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Brian_G 286,095
American women are f..ked, they priced themselv... (Sep '10) 22 min Jim 12
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 59 min Neville Thompson 1,103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 979,465
MIELE SERVIS Merter (2I2) 2O2 62 35 ) 2O2 62 33... 1 hr birimariza 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Brian_G 619,222
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 92,742
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web