Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658362 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496994 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. He's freaking out the guards because they worry he'll be hurt or even killed (you'd be thrilled I'm sure), so they're telling people.
Now, will you answer my question that's been left hanging out there for days?
Do you have any written evidence of the existence of protestant evangelical fundamentalists from the period immediately following the completion of the book of Revelation until the reformation 1300+ years later? Did Christianity not exist for 1300 years?
My Christian brothers and sisters were persecuted until 313 AD when your founder, Constantine declared his form and your form of "christianity" as the state religion of the Roman Empire. From 313 AD to 1517 AD true Christianity became so corrupted by the Roman Empire Catholic church it no longer resembled the church Jesus Christ died for.

In January 313, Constantine legalized Christianity with an edict that read:

"let this be so in order that the divine grace which we have experienced in such manifold ways, may always remain loyal to us and continue to bless us in all we undertake, for the welfare of the empire."

"For the welfare of the empire". What does that mean AnthonyMN?

Christianity was tolerated and even supported by the Roman State where conflict was not apparent. However, it was only one of many acceptable religions. Constantine was so superstitious that he feared offending any god, he worshiped the sun as a deity, and was only accepted into the Christian Church on his death bed.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#496995 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And as usual you missed the point ..That YOUR POPE seems to get ...appearances at ODDS with EHAT HE is telling the WORLD THEY SHOULD DO ..You don't see THAT????
I know it's,all for Jesus,...And protecting treasures ...
And when Jesus comes HE WILL be able to take or Destroy what HE CHOOSES ..HE can protect any art work HE WANTS,TO ...or let the original artists recreate them .......
Can you not see no matter how much charity the Church does ..it's the palace people see when the Pope calls for Charity ..
Peter would not sit in That CHair ..
I'm not saying give away religious treAsures to have them spit on ..at his point I do not know the answer ...if I see it ..AND I DON'T HAE HE CHURCH . despite what you think ....But if I see it ..he world and YOUR POPE sees it ...But you choose to think every statement as bigotry ..
So be it ...
Now rose we have explained to you many times. Do you actually think someone would buy a piece of artwork that weighs a ton or a fresco? Do you know what a fresco is? It's not the name of a soft drink , by the way. We don't have to explain things to you multiple times. You are either slow or very anti-Catholic.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#496996 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Did he Francis ... make that clear ...so voters here are not more confused : an hey were last time ..some even on this board ..as they enjoy their lives ..talk liberal ..just saying ..
I haven't listened to Rush in a,while ..But used to a lot

New Age wrote:
"so voters here are not more confused"

- Voters?

Votes are only tabulated at the Vatican when men have to decide who will be "God's Vicar on Earth".

Please tell me the last time you were able to "Vote" on doctrine or eschatology.

More pointedly - when was the last time you chose to believe in a doctrine that was presented to you? You know - the moment you got to choose what you wanted to believe or not?
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh ..not the point ......
I know WHAT I believe in MYSELF.....And I vote that way ...
Don't say I hate something then vote for those responsible ..or help their party ...yes,self ...only I can use the logic God allows,me ..
What exactly is your point?

And this "God logic" - where is that written down? And when did "God" specifically give you this so-called "logic"?

Honesty Rose - honesty. I'm not feelin' it.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#496997 Dec 3, 2013
Or instead of of and rose i won't explain why anymore to you. google it or go to a legitimate Catholic web site like EWTN. book mark it so you can go back and back and back.

Albuquerque, NM

#496998 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a child of Jehovah, or of the OTHER god created in Gnostic imagination???
:)
I'm a child of my Mom adn Dad.

....but you already knew this. You are just trying to change up the story, because you have a hard time believing humans were born of other humans, huh?

Albuquerque, NM

#496999 Dec 3, 2013
You aren't being honesty June.

Tsk-tsk..
Rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#497000 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"I really don't need more ..as I think it's,wrong ....totally"
Well Rose, you've got it all figured out, you don't have to listen to or learn about any of the things you've formed an opinion on. Did you know that's almost the precise definition of a bigot?
Israel is,exactly where it always,was ..And,where Jesus,will return and claim.His,people Jew and,GENTILES ..the,TEMPLE will be HIS temple ...not in Rome ..in the New Jerusalem ..Not tHE VATICAN ..
Sorry but of all the info you have given ...That site,made the least sense..IMO .
There,might well be another EARTHLy temple built on the Mount ..we shall see,...
Rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#497001 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Rosesz" <quoted text>
You too dear KAY ...
I really think our LORD would sort us out and WILL BY what is in our hearts ...not our Church affiliation .or ritual ......
I don't run from debate but have an aversion to calling an individual
My enemy ...that's,me ..But I have to work harder on not getting angry
On here by personal nonsense ..IMO
----------
True. It is a real challenge, the enemy uses the works of the flesh to destroy us. The really good work that the Bible requires of us, is that of disciplining ourselves...obeying Jesus, rather than our 'feelings'.(You have to have faith to do that.)
KayMarie
Exactly ..not easy ....believe it or not ..I delete a lot

Albuquerque, NM

#497002 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
More wacky "Gnostic" theology
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
The Sumerian tradition
It is the Sumerian tradition as an interpretation of the oldest remaining texts of humanity and continued through the gnostic tradition of christianity that Earth was the site for a prison of the very worst and evil beings of a higher order race from the a nearby star system.
http://one-heaven.org/content/about_evil.html
a. The Sumerian texts are actual tablets that are also considered the first languange written down on this planet. History validates this, at this point in time.

b. one-heaven.org
- WOW JUne - really reaching, huh? This is not a Gnostic site, but I would call it Unitariarian by nature, if one were to read their "covenant".

http://one-heaven.org/covenant/

*hands you a handful of straws*

There, I've helped you. Now you don't have to keep reaching for them.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#497003 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that he goes out at night with some of the Swiss Guards dressed in plain priest clothes and sits with the poor and homeless, buys them food, gives them money for clothing, etc? Did you know there are no cameras or media?
Really I didn't know this....who told this and to whom

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#497004 Dec 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Or instead of of and rose i won't explain why anymore to you. google it or go to a legitimate Catholic web site like EWTN. book mark it so you can go back and back and back.
why go back when you can go forward into the future..

Albuquerque, NM

#497005 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
You too dear KAY ...
I really think our LORD would sort us out and WILL BY what is in our hearts ...not our Church affiliation .or ritual ......
I don't run from debate but have an aversion to calling an individual
My enemy ...that's,me ..But I have to work harder on not getting angry
On here by personal nonsense ..IMO
----------
True. It is a real challenge, the enemy uses the works of the flesh to destroy us. The really good work that the Bible requires of us, is that of disciplining ourselves...obeying Jesus, rather than our 'feelings'.(You have to have faith to do that.)
KayMarie
More Self KM?

If you are not going to promote it, don't you think it would be better to not mention actions realted to it.

Yeah - maybe you should just post actions that shows Jesus helping you in every way conceivable, in order for you to show how much YOU didn't do squat when you compiled your belief.

Yep - I think you should.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497006 Dec 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Really I didn't know this....who told this and to whom
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/02/is...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#497007 Dec 3, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The catholic religion is not only a hoax, but those who call themselves a catholic are lost eternally, their also lost because of the doctrine they go by which is simply made up by a few members who decided to please the Roman dignitaries and thus you have the pitiful man made catholic church in all it's sin. The catholic church is nothing more than an excuse of a church with no morals and care for anybody but itself, it's a diseased infested money maker who preys on the poor. The catholic church is an abomination unto the Lord and the Lord will have his vengeance on the catholic church.
That I do not BELIEVE as,no one knows,the state of anyone's,SOUL ..

Jesus,judges,..We do not know WHO is,or is,not saved ...it's,not up to us,thank God
An atheist on his,deathbed cries out to the,Lord in sorrow ..never baptized But the message,he heard someplace sunk in .

Who are you to say who.the Father sends,the Spirit to call to HIS,SON

Many Catholics love Jesus,as much or more than others ..many others,also .

Jesus will sort it all out ...who did what ...ritual or baptized when or not...it's,each person and our relationship to Him.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497008 Dec 3, 2013
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497009 Dec 3, 2013
Benedict XVI’s Plea: Put the Poor at the Heart of Catholic Life

March 25, 2008

Pope Benedict XVI clearly puts care for the poor at the heart of the Catholic Church. In his first encyclical, Deus Caritas Est (God is Love), he said three things make the Church the Church: Proclaiming the Gospel, celebrating the Sacraments and caring for the poor. This love of the poor is an essential and defining activity of the Church. Benedict declares,“Love for widows and orphans, prisoners, and the sick and needy of every kind is as essential to her [the Church] as the ministry of the sacraments and preaching of the Gospel. The church cannot neglect the service of charity anymore than she can neglect the sacraments and the word”
http://usccb.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/benedic...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#497010 Dec 3, 2013
Exactly ..not easy ....believe it or not ..I delete a lot

----------
It will make you a better and happier person. Jesus held His tongue while they drove nails in His hands and feet. We must hold ours when sharp words pierce our heart. He showed us the way.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#497011 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
My Christian brothers and sisters were persecuted until 313 AD when your founder, Constantine declared his form and your form of "christianity" as the state religion of the Roman Empire. From 313 AD to 1517 AD true Christianity became so corrupted by the Roman Empire Catholic church it no longer resembled the church Jesus Christ died for.
In January 313, Constantine legalized Christianity with an edict that read:
"let this be so in order that the divine grace which we have experienced in such manifold ways, may always remain loyal to us and continue to bless us in all we undertake, for the welfare of the empire."
"For the welfare of the empire". What does that mean AnthonyMN?
Christianity was tolerated and even supported by the Roman State where conflict was not apparent. However, it was only one of many acceptable religions. Constantine was so superstitious that he feared offending any god, he worshiped the sun as a deity, and was only accepted into the Christian Church on his death bed.
SaaaaWING and a miss.

"for the welfare of the empire" refers to the conflicts occurring between the Catholic Christian Churches and the gnostic sects who were preaching heresy as well as the Arian heresy. Some hefty studying on your part may clear this up, although I doubt you have the attention span.

St. John completed Revelation around AD 90. Do you have anything from your "brothers and sisters" that remotely resembles your evangelical fundamentalist beliefs between then and AD 313? I can produce volumes of writings from Christians during that period who held the beliefs Catholics hold today. If your "brothers and sisters" held evangelical fundamentalist beliefs, where are the writings?

Also, did "Christianity" go into hiding after AD 313 for 1200 years? Is your argument that the lack of evidence means they were there all along? lol.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#497012 Dec 3, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is,exactly where it always,was ..And,where Jesus,will return and claim.His,people Jew and,GENTILES ..the,TEMPLE will be HIS temple ...not in Rome ..in the New Jerusalem ..Not tHE VATICAN ..
Sorry but of all the info you have given ...That site,made the least sense..IMO .
There,might well be another EARTHLy temple built on the Mount ..we shall see,...
You keep saying "New Jerusalem", I keep telling you "New Israel".

Now you're going on and on about the "cathedrals and Chair of Peter" nonsense. As I said, if you refuse to critically examine what it is you believe you're simply a bigot.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497013 Dec 3, 2013
Whoever calls himself a Christian, Benedict [XVI] said, must be “the last in the opinion of the world.”

He continued: "Those who in this world and throughout history are perhaps driven ahead and arrive in first place, must be aware of the danger they are in; they must look ever more to the Lord… they must measure up their responsibility for others, become those who serve, who in reality place themselves at the feet of others, who bless and are in turn blessed.”

He added:“I think all of this must pass through the heart, if we look to the One who is the firstborn of creation, born in a manger and died on the Cross. The place before him [is] the right place, the place from which history is always assigned to us. Critically, responsibility is to Him, responsibility for love, justice and for the truth."

In history, the Cross of Jesus was proven to be “the last place," Benedict XVI continued. But John the Evangelist painted this “extreme humiliation” of the Cross as “the true exaltation.”
http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 22 min Student 45,566
Will Barack Obama be the Biblical anti-Christ? 25 min Juan Two Three Four 7
the twin towers: symbols of godless greed 30 min Lipz156 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 33 min ATHEOI 70,038
Forex Robot Traders - The Big Fat Lie About For... 34 min Tango8776 2
why do atheists have to be so stupid! (May '12) 44 min Kizzes9121 810
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 55 min Raspberry2129 87
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 282,865
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Hottie1582 4,931
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Mints376 974,607
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... (Mar '16) 15 hr pantylover2112 34
More from around the web