Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690621 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#497003 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that he goes out at night with some of the Swiss Guards dressed in plain priest clothes and sits with the poor and homeless, buys them food, gives them money for clothing, etc? Did you know there are no cameras or media?
Really I didn't know this....who told this and to whom

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#497004 Dec 3, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Or instead of of and rose i won't explain why anymore to you. google it or go to a legitimate Catholic web site like EWTN. book mark it so you can go back and back and back.
why go back when you can go forward into the future..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#497005 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Rosesz" <quoted text>
You too dear KAY ...
I really think our LORD would sort us out and WILL BY what is in our hearts ...not our Church affiliation .or ritual ......
I don't run from debate but have an aversion to calling an individual
My enemy ...that's,me ..But I have to work harder on not getting angry
On here by personal nonsense ..IMO
----------
True. It is a real challenge, the enemy uses the works of the flesh to destroy us. The really good work that the Bible requires of us, is that of disciplining ourselves...obeying Jesus, rather than our 'feelings'.(You have to have faith to do that.)
KayMarie
More Self KM?

If you are not going to promote it, don't you think it would be better to not mention actions realted to it.

Yeah - maybe you should just post actions that shows Jesus helping you in every way conceivable, in order for you to show how much YOU didn't do squat when you compiled your belief.

Yep - I think you should.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497006 Dec 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Really I didn't know this....who told this and to whom
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/02/is...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#497007 Dec 3, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The catholic religion is not only a hoax, but those who call themselves a catholic are lost eternally, their also lost because of the doctrine they go by which is simply made up by a few members who decided to please the Roman dignitaries and thus you have the pitiful man made catholic church in all it's sin. The catholic church is nothing more than an excuse of a church with no morals and care for anybody but itself, it's a diseased infested money maker who preys on the poor. The catholic church is an abomination unto the Lord and the Lord will have his vengeance on the catholic church.
That I do not BELIEVE as,no one knows,the state of anyone's,SOUL ..

Jesus,judges,..We do not know WHO is,or is,not saved ...it's,not up to us,thank God
An atheist on his,deathbed cries out to the,Lord in sorrow ..never baptized But the message,he heard someplace sunk in .

Who are you to say who.the Father sends,the Spirit to call to HIS,SON

Many Catholics love Jesus,as much or more than others ..many others,also .

Jesus will sort it all out ...who did what ...ritual or baptized when or not...it's,each person and our relationship to Him.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497008 Dec 3, 2013
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497009 Dec 3, 2013
Benedict XVI’s Plea: Put the Poor at the Heart of Catholic Life

March 25, 2008

Pope Benedict XVI clearly puts care for the poor at the heart of the Catholic Church. In his first encyclical, Deus Caritas Est (God is Love), he said three things make the Church the Church: Proclaiming the Gospel, celebrating the Sacraments and caring for the poor. This love of the poor is an essential and defining activity of the Church. Benedict declares,“Love for widows and orphans, prisoners, and the sick and needy of every kind is as essential to her [the Church] as the ministry of the sacraments and preaching of the Gospel. The church cannot neglect the service of charity anymore than she can neglect the sacraments and the word”
http://usccb.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/benedic...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#497010 Dec 3, 2013
who="Rosesz" <quoted text>
Exactly ..not easy ....believe it or not ..I delete a lot

----------
It will make you a better and happier person. Jesus held His tongue while they drove nails in His hands and feet. We must hold ours when sharp words pierce our heart. He showed us the way.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#497011 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
My Christian brothers and sisters were persecuted until 313 AD when your founder, Constantine declared his form and your form of "christianity" as the state religion of the Roman Empire. From 313 AD to 1517 AD true Christianity became so corrupted by the Roman Empire Catholic church it no longer resembled the church Jesus Christ died for.
In January 313, Constantine legalized Christianity with an edict that read:
"let this be so in order that the divine grace which we have experienced in such manifold ways, may always remain loyal to us and continue to bless us in all we undertake, for the welfare of the empire."
"For the welfare of the empire". What does that mean AnthonyMN?
Christianity was tolerated and even supported by the Roman State where conflict was not apparent. However, it was only one of many acceptable religions. Constantine was so superstitious that he feared offending any god, he worshiped the sun as a deity, and was only accepted into the Christian Church on his death bed.
SaaaaWING and a miss.

"for the welfare of the empire" refers to the conflicts occurring between the Catholic Christian Churches and the gnostic sects who were preaching heresy as well as the Arian heresy. Some hefty studying on your part may clear this up, although I doubt you have the attention span.

St. John completed Revelation around AD 90. Do you have anything from your "brothers and sisters" that remotely resembles your evangelical fundamentalist beliefs between then and AD 313? I can produce volumes of writings from Christians during that period who held the beliefs Catholics hold today. If your "brothers and sisters" held evangelical fundamentalist beliefs, where are the writings?

Also, did "Christianity" go into hiding after AD 313 for 1200 years? Is your argument that the lack of evidence means they were there all along? lol.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#497012 Dec 3, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is,exactly where it always,was ..And,where Jesus,will return and claim.His,people Jew and,GENTILES ..the,TEMPLE will be HIS temple ...not in Rome ..in the New Jerusalem ..Not tHE VATICAN ..
Sorry but of all the info you have given ...That site,made the least sense..IMO .
There,might well be another EARTHLy temple built on the Mount ..we shall see,...
You keep saying "New Jerusalem", I keep telling you "New Israel".

Now you're going on and on about the "cathedrals and Chair of Peter" nonsense. As I said, if you refuse to critically examine what it is you believe you're simply a bigot.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497013 Dec 3, 2013
Whoever calls himself a Christian, Benedict [XVI] said, must be “the last in the opinion of the world.”

He continued: "Those who in this world and throughout history are perhaps driven ahead and arrive in first place, must be aware of the danger they are in; they must look ever more to the Lord… they must measure up their responsibility for others, become those who serve, who in reality place themselves at the feet of others, who bless and are in turn blessed.”

He added:“I think all of this must pass through the heart, if we look to the One who is the firstborn of creation, born in a manger and died on the Cross. The place before him [is] the right place, the place from which history is always assigned to us. Critically, responsibility is to Him, responsibility for love, justice and for the truth."

In history, the Cross of Jesus was proven to be “the last place," Benedict XVI continued. But John the Evangelist painted this “extreme humiliation” of the Cross as “the true exaltation.”
http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#497014 Dec 3, 2013
Benedict XVI’s Plea: Put the Poor at the Heart of Catholic Life

March 25, 2008

Pope Benedict XVI clearly puts care for the poor at the heart of the Catholic Church. In his first encyclical, Deus Caritas Est (God is Love), he said three things make the Church the Church: Proclaiming the Gospel, celebrating the Sacraments and caring for the poor. This love of the poor is an essential and defining activity of the Church. Benedict declares,“Love for widows and orphans, prisoners, and the sick and needy of every kind is as essential to her [the Church] as the ministry of the sacraments and preaching of the Gospel. The church cannot neglect the service of charity anymore than she can neglect the sacraments and the word”
http://usccb.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/benedic ...
Chess

Columbus, OH

#497015 Dec 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
....St. John completed Revelation around AD 90....
If you mean the apostle, you'd be incorrect.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#497016 Dec 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Really I didn't know this....who told this and to whom
Are you asking sincerely or will it predispose another "full of it" remark?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#497017 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder where you believe your SELF's "knowledge" fits in the follow milieu?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following…….
The Gnostics blended with the faith of Christ many sublime but obscure tenets, which they derived from oriental philosophy, and even from the religion of Zoroaster, concerning the eternity of matter, the existence of the two principles, and the mysterious hierarchy of the invisible world. As soon as they launched out into the vast abyss, they delivered themselves to the guidance of disordered imagination; and as the paths of error are various and infinite, the Gnostics were imperceptibly divided into more than fifty particular sects, of whom the most celebrated appear to have been the Basilidians, the Valentinians, the Marcionites, and, in a still later period, the Manichaeaens. Each of these sects could boast of its bishops and congregations, of its doctors and martyrs; and, instead of the Four Gospels adopted by the church, the heretics produced a multitude of histories, in which the actions and discourses of Christ and his apostles were adapted to their respective tenets.
Not all Gnostics were Christians.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#497018 Dec 3, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, did you see it too?
I've seen pictures only.

Never been there.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#497019 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that many people are still in debt from last Christmas and plan to go even farther into debt this Christmas.
It seems they believe that that is "something" for which to be thankful.
Who did you suggest that to? Who would believe that being in debt would be something to be thankful for?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497020 Dec 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
Jesus rejects no one.
Well according to this specific sermons of yours ... everyone will be allowed in heaven ... so why are you continuing to PREACH about the dangers of hell???

Dimwit!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#497021 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christmas is based on the concept that Jesus loves ONLY Christians.
That's quite the egregious message to give to others in the world who have countless other systems of belief.
It's certainly not based on consideration of others.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy the season. God Bless.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#497022 Dec 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
My Christian brothers and sisters were persecuted until 313 AD when your founder, Constantine declared his form and your form of "christianity" as the state religion of the Roman Empire.
I suggest you stop with your histrionics.

Your Christian brothers and sisters didn't exist in 313 AD, because you live NOW.

Any Christians that lived in the early centuries were break-away Jews, anxious to vilify, torture and murder faithful Jews as Christ-killers. They were nothing of which to be proud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 49 min Paul McCartney is... 659
Poll What's the most exotic/hottest mixed race group? (Jan '13) 1 hr Doctor REALITY 23
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Quirky 42,522
Are your Topix comments helping...or hurting ot... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 65
Am I Starting To Like My Step-Cousin? 2 hr IDontWantThis 1
HOLLYWOOD striving to delete prayer from scripts 3 hr haha 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr Aura Mytha 989,879
More from around the web