Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692162 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Manitouwadge, Canada

#496859 Dec 3, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
I agree education is an integral part of the solution. But the fact is the poor you will have with you always.(As Jesus said).
Educating a poor person to live a good peaceable life requires a moral base, and that comes from religion. As we have drifted away from religion in this country isn't it obvious that the government educational system has failed....The problem is its all around us, and one cannot see the trees from the forest. I see a lot of unhappy people pursuing pleasures, and addictions(cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, tv, sex). Its only getting worse out there.
The solution is get back to God.
Peace

My parents said the same things 60 years ago, and my grandparents probably said the same things 90 years ago.

If we took all the wealth from those that are worth more than 1 million dollars and gave it to the poor, within a short time the poor, the ones who were given the money would be poor again and the ones who gave up their wealth would have it back.

The rich become wealthy, MOSTLY because they are smart and handle their money properly. Many poor people are poor because they have habits of waste that rich people wouldn't do. Now we do know that there are genuinely people in need, but a lot of poor people need to pull up their boot straps and get out of bed and do something with their lives.

I also see a lot of happy people who are successful who enjoy their lives very much.

Michael

Manitouwadge, Canada

#496860 Dec 3, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell what changes you've advocated that the Pope make.
Please make a list...
Can't wait to see it.
:D
[repost I know you saw it before]
Still waiting.
Pope Francis has only been in charge for a few months but on December 1 2013 he issued this statement..

..1)Pope Francis Issues Manifesto About Church’s "NEW" Direction.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/12/01/pope...

2) Pope Francis calls for powers to be stripped from Vatican.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...

3) Pope Francis vows to change Vatican thinking. December 2, 2013

Pope Francis indicated he briefly thought about not accepting his position as Pope.

4) http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pope-francis-vow...

I will give you more when I get back from the dentist.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#496861 Dec 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a single place in OT where the name Jesus occurs!!
So NONE of the prophets KNEW the name Jesus unless he was born.
Why "our sins" have to "Mix" with God?
Humans remain humans with sin or without sin, they do not "mix" with God.
You do not understand what you say, just repeating parrot like what you hear from Paul.
Read the Book of Isaiah 53.....

Who is the "Suffering Servant?"

Philip began at Isaiah Chapter 53 and "preached Jesus to him."

Acts 8:34

34 The eunuch asked Philip,“Tell me, please, who is the prophet (Isaiah) talking about, himself or someone else (Jesus?”)

Acts 8:35

35 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Isaiah 42:1-4

1 “Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will bring justice to the nations.

2 He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.

3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;

4 he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
In his teaching the islands will put their hope.”

Who is the prophet Isaiah talking about?

Jesus Christ, the son of the Living God....
Westside Willy

Bardstown, KY

#496862 Dec 3, 2013
truth wrote:
can be slaban if not para-evil=money
slaban=$laban aeiou
s=$
now
you liked play game
see everything come from words
i remind you
everything have image
you can't escape
no
in bigining is nothing
nothing +nothing is 2 nothing 00
kuchu kuchi
what ever you say
5 eeee huge mirrors
see
in midle ?
down ?
do you liked be hole holy holich ich where
hi hi bi bi bi ci ci ci di di di fi fi fi gi gi gi hi hi hi ji ji ji ki ki ki li li li mi mi mi ni ni ni pi pi pi qi qi qi ri ri ri si si si ti ti ti vi vi vi wi wi wi xi xi xi yi yi yi zi zi zi
9 seeds
yep
all deference for your new tehnology
bum bum bum
Could you guys please translate? I don't speak Aussie. LOL!
Westside Willy

Bardstown, KY

#496863 Dec 3, 2013
marge wrote:
The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we are not contending against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the equipment of the gospel of peace; 16 besides all these, taking the shield of faith, with which you can quench all the flaming darts of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 Pray at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that utterance may be given me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak
.GOD AIN'T ARMOR!!!!! Get yourself to a shrink. Tell him you're suffering from paranoia.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#496864 Dec 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Quran uses the Arabic word "AULIA" which people "commonly" translate as "Friends".
But it is not correct, the Arabic word is used for "taking some one as your Protector, your Bosom Friend and your ally".
A believer should never take Jews or Christians (and their Govt.) as their Protectors and their Bosom Friends.
This was the advise given to Muslims 1400 years ago and past history of 1400 years have shown that Jews and Christians have never been "friends" of Muslims in any real sense.
They always ditched Muslims at the most critical junctures and never took them as "reliable friends".
Look at what they did to Turkey and EEU membership?
Look the way that "abandoned" Shah of Iran when he needed help.
See the way US vetoes every move in UN Security Council condemning Israel?
There are endless incidents like that.
But it is our "fools of leaders of so called Muslim countries" who "hope" that US and EU would help "solve" the Palestine problem and other issues.
These are the nations who "created" these problems, how can they "solve" it?
Wish the Muslims leaders would heed to this Quranic advice.
Love one another....

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples,(follower of Jesus Christ) if you love one another."

Loving one another reflects Christ.....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#496865 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need for you to be jealous, as you can always buy one of those Gnostic halos at almost any corner store.
:)
Oh, I'm not jealous. In fact, I reject jealousy - because it only brings bad things.

Again, please stop projecting.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#496866 Dec 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Jesus was "born", no one knew that every thing was created by him and thru him.
No one takes any one else' sin on their shoulder. This is Paul's teachings and not Jesus'.
You must believe, what is truth and not you "think should be true".
We do praise God alone and do not make any partners with Him. You should do likewise, because that is what Jesus himslef did.
He prayed to the "Same God" we are also praying!!
Correct: no one inherits another one's sin....

Sin is an act COMMITTED by the individual person.

Do you understand that God is speaking through Paul and the other apostles?

1 Corinthians 2:7-13

7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.

8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has REVEALED to US by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

12 What we have received is NOT the spirit of the world, but ~~~~~the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.~~~~~

13 This is what we speak, NOT in words taught us by HUMAN wisdom but <<<<<in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.>>>>>

***do you understand this?

NOT in words taught us by HUMAN wisdom BUT in words taught by the SPIRIT (Spirit of God,) explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.....

What was passed on were God’s words through the apostles.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#496867 Dec 3, 2013
Westside Willy wrote:
<quoted text>.GOD AIN'T ARMOR!!!!! Get yourself to a shrink. Tell him you're suffering from paranoia.
Read it again....you have misunderstood what was posted....
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#496868 Dec 3, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Santa.
Getting presents under a decorated pine tree sure beats gnawing on a dead 1st century Jew in the middle of winter.
As long as you don't mention the Jew's name, they won't care how many lost and vile-evil-sinning Jews you gnaw on. But if they catch on that you mean that "holy" Jew that they believe came to save them ... you'd better start running for your life.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#496869 Dec 3, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Believing God will provide means that you believe God will open the doors of opportunity for you. But if you don't walk through those doors or even look for them then you'll get no where.
Back when I was under the spell of religion, I figured that a god that wouldn't care enough to keep the door open for all others, wouldn't care to keep the door open for me.

I suggest you keep in mind that "WITHIN THE SILLY THEOLOGY" the god that you now trust, turned his back on the Jews that he FIRST promised were his chosen few.

Religion is BUNK!
Human Being

Jena, LA

#496870 Dec 3, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents said the same things 60 years ago, and my grandparents probably said the same things 90 years ago.
If we took all the wealth from those that are worth more than 1 million dollars and gave it to the poor, within a short time the poor, the ones who were given the money would be poor again and the ones who gave up their wealth would have it back.
The rich become wealthy, MOSTLY because they are smart and handle their money properly. Many poor people are poor because they have habits of waste that rich people wouldn't do. Now we do know that there are genuinely people in need, but a lot of poor people need to pull up their boot straps and get out of bed and do something with their lives.
I also see a lot of happy people who are successful who enjoy their lives very much.
Michael

Peace

I don't disagree, that there are some poor who remain poor because of wasteful habits. But that is probably more the exception than the rule.

As of late, I have noticed that it is not the "smart" people that have become richer, rather it is tunnel vision of pure greed that makes them richer. I have a neighbor with an IQ of maybe 80, who is very greedy, and cannot stop himself from making money, legally and immorally. He is rich in earthly terms....

I find morality is a hindrance to earthly wealth....

But managing one's own finances is part of good stewardship of one's lifestyle. I find in my own life, it is a decision on what priority one has of the value of money in one's life and circumstance which determines their true wealth....

Peace
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#496871 Dec 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I need not your denomination to study...I am perfectly happy with the Infallible Sacred Word of God....
All people that believe a god is giving loving messages to them are HAPPY.

You don't want to bring thoughts into your mind that make you believe that YOU are going to hell. Those nasty left-overs are always meant for others.

Silly self-centered dim-witted humans.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#496872 Dec 3, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
But in your defense, you got Jesus ogling the Earth as your avatar.
Tad creepy.
I suggest that if Jesus actually lived, he would perceive his self as being not only creepy ... but completely insane.

Jesus spying from spirit-world ... "OH my goodness ... look at those heterosexuals having sex while using birth control. I'll have to write that one down in my book to report to the no-name god on behalf of the Catholics, as that requires hell in the first degree. Let's see now, the Protestants don't care who uses birth control, so I'll write that on the saved side of my slate. I also have to keep track of who has asked me for forgiveness lately and make a mark on my slate about THAT. Those believers sure do keep me busy ... and completely confused about human behavior."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#496873 Dec 3, 2013
marge wrote:
And Kay Marie said she won't post anymore because all of it and she has the best posts, my big big sister.
Kay Marie has the best posts??? That means that YOU are a Protestant and a follower of the Jew-hater Martin Luther who along with the popes labeled all Jews as "Christ-killers."

I suggest that you and your big sister need to find a better pastime.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#496874 Dec 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Only through Jesus, all things were created through Him and for Him.
Then why do you need Kay Marie or Martin Luther to preach to you?

When you find your own FULL worth in YOU, you won't need a bible OR any other nonsense preached by religion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#496875 Dec 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Before Jesus was "born", no one knew that every thing was created by him and thru him.
They won't even acknowledge that all religions other than their own also have saviors written into the dogmas.

Religion is all based on salvation in one form or another for SELF. Others will just have to either reincarnate countless times to reach "Nirvana" ... or spend eternity in hells.

Religion is mental JUNK-food for the gullible.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#496877 Dec 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----------
We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread.
They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity—even under the most difficult circumstances—to add a deeper meaning to his life
And there were always choices to make. Every day, every hour, offered the opportunity to make a decision, a decision which determined whether you would or would not submit to those powers which threatened to rob you of your very self, your inner freedom; which determined whether or not you would become the plaything of circumstance, renouncing freedom and dignity to become molded into the form of the typical inmate.
Seen from this point of view, the mental reactions of the inmates of a concentration camp must seem more to us than the mere expression of certain physical and sociological conditions. Even though conditions such as lack of sleep, insufficient food and various mental stresses may suggest that the inmates were bound to react in certain ways, in the final analysis it becomes clear that the sort of person the prisoner became was the result of an inner decision, and not the result of camp influences alone. Fundamentally, therefore, any man can, even under such circumstances, decide what shall become of him—mentally and spiritually. He may retain his human dignity even in a concentration camp. Victor Frankl
I read his words before.

I suggest that the Jews who gave their last slice of bread away knew they were dying anyway, and wanted Jehovah to see them as good humans rather than being selfish.

Those Jews all tried their best to keep living as long as possible.

You and I don't give OUR last slices of bread to the poor. You know it and I know it ... so I suggest you be real and don't play the HOLY GAME with me.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#496878 Dec 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anyone who has said Jesus,will forsake us,....most here give testimony to His love ..
Then you haven't paid any attention to what the faithful Jews to Judaism were saying.

They said that Jesus was NOT their messiah, as their messiah would NOT forsake them.

Do you GET that message???

Because of the Christian religion Jews were tortured and put to death century after century after century and all you Christians can yammer about is how Jesus came to save YOU.

Shame on you ... you vultures.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#496879 Dec 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't even acknowledge that all religions other than their own also have saviors written into the dogmas.
Religion is all based on salvation in one form or another for SELF. Others will just have to either reincarnate countless times to reach "Nirvana" ... or spend eternity in hells.
Religion is mental JUNK-food for the gullible.
~~~

SO IF CHRISTIANITY IS JUNK FOOD...YOU CLAIM TO BE AND EXPERT

YOU MUST BE RANSACKING A GARBAGE BIN. YOUR A ( A TRASH BIN DIVER)...

RIGHT

YA BEST BE CAREFUL...YA JEST MITE GIT SOM OF IT ON YA..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Chilli J 47,262
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Paul really is dead 473
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 990,714
Crackdown On Liberal Safe Space 5 hr HalloChristmasWeen 1
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 8 hr Just curious 78
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 11 hr Doctor REALITY 13
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 11 hr Trace 79
More from around the web