Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679393 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#496710 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And dwell in your hypnotic trance about the rewards of your own eternal bliss, while your imaginary Christianized slave Jesus wipes up every new sin from your ongoing holy slate.
Silly self-indoctrinated fool.
And u dwell in your old rat hole with all your 20 cats,

While you sit all alone in your pitiful chair spewing hatred.

Ms Wicked, poor old soul. LOL

Now we know.... lol

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/30/to...

[Sorry could not resist for those that do not believe God made them]

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#496711 Dec 2, 2013
Michael wrote:
Pope Francis MUST be reading my posts. Pope calls for sweeping! changes giving more power to the people.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-251027...
... He is initiating changes that I have been calling for and prophecizing the past 4 years on topix.
...If you are reading today your excellency you might be enlightened by many of my proposals.
thanking you in advance MICHAEL
Do tell what changes you've advocated that the Pope make.

Please make a list...
Can't wait to see it.
:D
[repost I know you saw it before]

Still waiting.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#496712 Dec 2, 2013

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#496713 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How arrogant you are, in your gaudy self-image of holiness.
lol, did

I touch an old

nerve?

Ms Wicked.

My dear husband does call me his lovely little angel.\o/

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#496714 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I was the one who said it. I said it because your husband, in the midst of yet another bombastic tirade of slurs and condemnations directed at he Catholic Church, demanded I give him some evidence of Catholic charity. I'm sorry if the revelation that it was by the efforts of a Catholic hospital that your life was saved has caused embarrassment to him and possibly you. Might I suggest you spend your time away from here praying with your husband that God will grant him peace and comfort and help in shedding the hatred and bigotry he's so consumed with. Merry Christmas.
I have no hatred nor bigotry for the people in the Roman Catholic Church. The thing that consumes me is the HYPOCRISY AND nasty actions of those that claim to be Christians...those here that claim they are a part of the vine (Jesus Christ) but are as phoney as a three dollar bill their fruits show them to be parasites.

CHRISTAN... IS ...AS HE WALKS IN CHRIST...

THE BIBLE SAYS

Col_2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

THE BOTTOM LINE IS

JESUS IS SUN RETURNING...WILL YOU GO UP WITH HIM?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

YOU WONT BE JUDGED BY A ROMAN CATHOLIC CATECHISM ...WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD...

Rev_20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#496715 Dec 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Speaking of being responsible
I did not say the ST NICHOLAS was responsible
I SAID THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS...
YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY ,,, IS THE ONE THAT CREATED/SPAWNED SANTA CLAUSE...
Santa Clause is protestant folklore. The CC had nothing to do with the creation of that figure (other than our own St. Nick was the basis for their idea). Nobody on the Catholic side was telling stories about a fat jolly guy coming down a chimney named St. Nick before that.

However.....
The Catholic Church is responsible for the celebration observance of Christmas. It means CHRIST'S MASS. We go to MASS to receive the Eucharist which is Jesus CHRIST.. See, Christ's Mass, Ger it? Christmas. It's the sacrifice of the Mass....Christ's MASS, get it now? lol sorry. wikipedia.org/christmas

Merry Christmas.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#496716 Dec 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no hatred nor bigotry for the people in the Roman Catholic Church. The thing that consumes me is the HYPOCRISY AND nasty actions of those that claim to be Christians...those here that claim they are a part of the vine (Jesus Christ) but are as phoney as a three dollar bill their fruits show them to be parasites.
CHRISTAN... IS ...AS HE WALKS IN CHRIST...
THE BIBLE SAYS
Col_2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
THE BOTTOM LINE IS
JESUS IS SUN RETURNING...WILL YOU GO UP WITH HIM?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
YOU WONT BE JUDGED BY A ROMAN CATHOLIC CATECHISM ...WHEN YOU STAND BEFORE GOD...
Rev_20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
shame on YOU. you are tar and feathering every Christian on this forum with your words.

[The thing that consumes me is the HYPOCRISY AND nasty actions of those that claim to be Christians].

if you feel that way, take a stand. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE RIGHT.

AS FOR ME, I AINT AFRAID TO CALL SOMEONE(singular) OUT IF THEY HAVE DONE WRONG.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#496717 Dec 2, 2013
St Nicholas plus a few cartoons.

Listers, St. Nicholas was born in AD 270 and became the Bishop of Myra in Lycia (modern day Turkey). He died on December 6, 343 leaving a legacy that would grow into a strong and multifaceted cult. He had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, and thus became the model for Santa Claus, whose modern name comes from the Dutch Sinterklaas, itself from a series of elisions and corruptions of the transliteration of “Saint Nikolaos”. Although he is usually referred to as Sinterklaas, he is also known as De Goedheiligman (The Good Holy Man), Sint Nicolaas (Saint Nicholas) or simply as De Sint (The Saint). His reputation evolved among the faithful, as was common for early Christian saints. The actual feast day of St. Nicholas is December 6th.

http://www.stpeterslist.com/11939/when-santa-...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#496718 Dec 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly.
The CHURCH where I was Baptized shared space with 3different Congregations ..had to merge with a home CHURCH just to make repairs,.
Some of he,evangelistic ministries,..who broadcast and do internet going all over the world ..yes need support.
I like a,lot of Christian TV ..And,think even.the movies,bring a,message that individuals can't convey to certain people,..That takes,money ...to do Gods,work
Ministers,ate entitled to make a living for self and family ..
But big mega churches touting wealth ..I just don't get ..
Internally the,Vatican bank or the,wealth of Rome ..I st the impression the New pope doesn't either ..
Art ..buildings,..all beautiful ..treasures awesome ..But is,this,EHAT JESUS talked about ....NO
Would ST Peter live in the Vatican??? Sit on His,chair ..Wear a,ring to be kissed??? I really don't think.so ...
amen to that sista!!lol

Location hidden

#496719 Dec 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa Clause is protestant folklore. The CC had nothing to do with the creation of that figure (other than our own St. Nick was the basis for their idea). Nobody on the Catholic side was telling stories about a fat jolly guy coming down a chimney named St. Nick before that.
However.....
The Catholic Church is responsible for the celebration observance of Christmas. It means CHRIST'S MASS. We go to MASS to receive the Eucharist which is Jesus CHRIST.. See, Christ's Mass, Ger it? Christmas. It's the sacrifice of the Mass....Christ's MASS, get it now? lol sorry. wikipedia.org/christmas
Merry Christmas.
In looking for the historical roots of Santa Claus, one must go very deep in the past. One discovers that Santa Claus as we know him is a combination of many different legends and mythical creatures.

The basis for the Christian-era Santa Claus is Bishop Nicholas of Smyrna (Izmir), in what is now Turkey. Nicholas lived in the 4th century A.D. He was very rich, generous, and loving toward children. Often he gave joy to poor children by throwing gifts in through their windows.

The Orthodox Church[not my church] later raised St. Nicholas, miracle worker, to a position of great esteem. It was in his honor that Russia's oldest church, for example, was built. For its part, the Roman Catholic Church[not mine either] honored Nicholas as one who helped children and the poor. St. Nicholas became the patron saint of children and seafarers. His name day is December 6th.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#496720 Dec 2, 2013

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#496721 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Now when 'I' state that religion is based on fear, I get a big Catholic sermon from the same Robert that used to be an Atheist.
How funny.
Fear you're referring to is the same parents use to help children to obey them, that's the same God uses, except the punishment is different for sure, but it doesn't have to be, and the reward is more than an earthly parent could ever give. Atheists are a group of people who have everything to lose and nothing to gain, their life on earth is all about theories which give no definitive answer to anything. Atheists are an unusual group of people who lack hope and feel this life is all their is, how miserable an existence that has to be even if it weren't true, but thankfully it is. They say they get on the Christian sites to spread the word that Christianity isn't any good for you, how ironic they do this on a Christian thread which has no intention to listening to their garbage, instead if they were really wanting to spread this info the last place they should be on is a Christian site. But their intentions are false as their not spreading the word of atheism to people to educate them of the dangers of Christianity, their afraid of being loss and are looking for the truth in their own little way.

Location hidden

#496722 Dec 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose and sera will bring the topic up in the near future, they either want to start an arguement, want attention or just plain dim. Notice they bring up the same subjects over and over again.
I choose just plain dim...lol

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#496723 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>In looking for the historical roots of Santa Claus, one must go very deep in the past. One discovers that Santa Claus as we know him is a combination of many different legends and mythical creatures.
The basis for the Christian-era Santa Claus is Bishop Nicholas of Smyrna (Izmir), in what is now Turkey. Nicholas lived in the 4th century A.D. He was very rich, generous, and loving toward children. Often he gave joy to poor children by throwing gifts in through their windows.
The Orthodox Church[not my church] later raised St. Nicholas, miracle worker, to a position of great esteem. It was in his honor that Russia's oldest church, for example, was built. For its part, the Roman Catholic Church[not mine either] honored Nicholas as one who helped children and the poor. St. Nicholas became the patron saint of children and seafarers. His name day is December 6th.
Christmas is not Jesus birthday as we don't know when he was born. Christmas is a man made date, and we at the Church of Christ do not celebrate Christmas as Jesus birthday but we do celebrate in the rest of Christmas, like gift giving, singing yule tides,putting a tree up.

Location hidden

#496724 Dec 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you start posting like an adult.
Ahhh But I am. To bad that you just happen to disagree with me.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#496725 Dec 2, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
The catholic church is the biggest deceiver of man. One of their many tactics are, they are the only one's who understand the bible, so with that they tell you no need to read for yourself as the priests that are in charge of doing that will be happy to help you understand what the CATHOLIC BIBLE SAYS. THE catholic bible is the second mistake in teaching you the real truth. To make sure you understand the REAL truth I recommend you read the New King James Version, the American and the new American Standard Version, The New English bible and the New Living Translation. This will help you in finding the truth. The truth will easily be found and then you will know that the catholic church teaches false doctrine, such as infant baptism, purgatory, praying to dead saints, saying that Peter is a pope, having statues to pray to, and many more false doctrine they teach. You will learn that the Church of Christ is the church spoken of the bible that Jesus said he would build, Matthew 16;18 and the church that Jesus built was indeed built and 3,000soulswere added to the church in the year 33 AD the day of Pentecost. This is the birth of the Church of Christ and it still exists today. This is the only church that worships according to the bible and you must be baptized and be a member of that church.
You are saying the Word of God is wrong, in that it teaches the term "church" in Mt 16:18 means: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly

You are also calling your pope a liar....these words were approved by him on the matter: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.

Ah love it!!! Say on!!!!

Location hidden

#496726 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>In looking for the historical roots of Santa Claus, one must go very deep in the past. One discovers that Santa Claus as we know him is a combination of many different legends and mythical creatures.
Yes indeedy...

Location hidden

#496727 Dec 2, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>Christmas is not Jesus birthday as we don't know when he was born. Christmas is a man made date, and we at the Church of Christ do not celebrate Christmas as Jesus birthday but we do celebrate in the rest of Christmas, like gift giving, singing yule tides,putting a tree up.
I NEVER said that it was His birthday so just shut up. I don't listen to campbellites.

Location hidden

#496728 Dec 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh But I am. To bad that you just happen to disagree with me.
and she takes her/his name after some PUNK rock band. talk about being childish, she/he is.

Location hidden

#496729 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus envision you sitting in your warm, comfortable home with enough food and possessions for probably several families and spending hours on the internet talking about Rome? How many starving homeless do you bring into your home every night? How easy it is to sit in your armchair with a full belly and toss out criticisms. What a hypocrite.
You are comparing apple with oranges..It is pure fact that the catholic church is far more wealthy than Rose living in Florida sitting in her armchair with a belly full of toss out criticisms.The comparison is unbalanced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr TanRestedReady 2,896
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Chess Jurist 119,368
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 2 hr Alexander Chen 1,018
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Born again past JW 46,221
__POPE's 'World Plan' matches MARK of BEAST__ 4 hr WorldNewsYTube 1
Needs sex with a girl in London (Jan '14) 6 hr Gloriah23 4
____ 666 ____ here ____ now ____ (*News) 6 hr NewsYTube 1
More from around the web