Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646412 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#496683 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
I agree education is an integral part of the solution. But the fact is the poor you will have with you always.(As Jesus said).
Educating a poor person to live a good peaceable life requires a moral base, and that comes from religion. As we have drifted away from religion in this country isn't it obvious that the government educational system has failed....The problem is its all around us, and one cannot see the trees from the forest. I see a lot of unhappy people pursuing pleasures, and addictions(cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, tv, sex). Its only getting worse out there.
The solution is get back to God.
Peace
Agree with everything ...But Religion is,NOT necessarily God ..God has been taken out of public discourse .. next we,know,the crossed and,Davidic Stars,,will ..well the,secularists will TRY to get them out of the military cemeteries,..this,I think though MIGHT awake people up..so far they only whisper about it . Except on Topix ..

But groups,get donations,to search out little,towns,to harass,..travel thousands,of miles,to be OFFENDED by Nativity displays,in town squares..
That's,a,religion ..they even have ministers,...But say no it's,not ...atheism. Faith in non belief ..in man ..in science .

I'm so glad if I sed a Salatiin Army kettle,I'll give ...so many stores
Won't let them ..And,REAL carols,in a,store,..I'll shop in ..REAL carols,..But thrush or may not say Merry Christmas,..I like it as it's,kind of saying we are with your Christmas sentiment ..even if we can't say so ...

Remember a,few,years ago the,big attendances saying it ..Sears,finally put up little,signs,..I mean they make a great deal of money ..from CHRISTMAS,SHOPPING ...a,Nativity used to be in malls,.

I stared protesting decades,ago ..if I saw allot that said,XMAS trees,
I'd tell them WHY I'd not be buying a tree there ..I hate that and,th a one has been going on for decades,

The more we push God out..the,worse,we,are as a,nation..now history is,not telling kids,this,was,a nation settled by those who believed in a,Creator God ..

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#496684 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>can you give me ONE verse in the Mc's that Jesus is speaking or words that others have heard Him say that is conducive to our Salvation?
for the Bible is plain that we are to live by every Word that God speaks. You do know that, Right?
There are just too many references from Jesus, the Apostles and the Church fathers to the Deuterocanonical Books. There are literally hundreds. Some are direct quotes and others are very very close (Matt 7:16,20 - Sir 27:6. Matt 7:12 -Tobit 4:15)

Check this link out if you are serious in learning about it.

www.scripturecatholic.com/deuterocanon.html

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#496685 Dec 2, 2013
Leaving the bondage of religion is often very difficult.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book,“A History of God,” by Karen Armstrong, published 1993, comes the following …

Yet it is also true that even in Auschwitz some Jews continued to study the Talmud and observe the traditional festivals, not because they hoped that God would rescue them but because it made sense. There is a story that one day in Auschwitz, a group of Jews put God on trial. They charged him with cruelty and betrayal. Like Job, they found no consolation in the usual answers to the problem of evil and suffering in the midst of this current obscenity. They could find no excuse for God, no extenuating circumstances, so they found him guilty and, presumably, worthy of death. The Rabbi pronounced the verdict. Then he looked up and said that the trial was over: it was time for the evening prayers.

Human Being

Basile, LA

#496686 Dec 2, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
ReginaM

Peace

A very interesting article.

I find, that "Ordered time" after Pentecost, I used to desire it to go one forever, while reciting the Liturgy of the Hours....

But in getting older, it seems I live more a seasonal life, than one "on the clock". And summer, down here in the South is very long....

Today, and tomorrow we are having some mid-70 degree weather, and very humid!!! In fact, I have the doors and windows open to the house, and my brow is sweating.(smiles)

So now, looking for Advent, I feel the summer is near an end. The Satsuma trees are perfectly ripe right now, pecans are falling, and persimmons picked at last. So hurray for Advent Season.

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#496687 Dec 2, 2013
The Jews had a choice to make.

Either they had to believe that their god had turned against them to in turn LOVE the Catholics ... OR ... Jesus was a fake messiah ... OR ... that there was no creator.

Prince George, Canada

#496689 Dec 2, 2013
A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Marin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”
Human Being

Basile, LA

#496690 Dec 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with everything ...But Religion is,NOT necessarily God ..God has been taken out of public discourse .. next we,know,the crossed and,Davidic Stars,,will ..well the,secularists will TRY to get them out of the military cemeteries,..this,I think though MIGHT awake people up..so far they only whisper about it . Except on Topix ..
But groups,get donations,to search out little,towns,to harass,..travel thousands,of miles,to be OFFENDED by Nativity displays,in town squares..
That's,a,religion ..they even have ministers,...But say no it's,not ...atheism. Faith in non belief ..in man ..in science .
I'm so glad if I sed a Salatiin Army kettle,I'll give ...so many stores
Won't let them ..And,REAL carols,in a,store,..I'll shop in ..REAL carols,..But thrush or may not say Merry Christmas,..I like it as it's,kind of saying we are with your Christmas sentiment ..even if we can't say so ...
Remember a,few,years ago the,big attendances saying it ..Sears,finally put up little,signs,..I mean they make a great deal of money ..from CHRISTMAS,SHOPPING ...a,Nativity used to be in malls,.
I stared protesting decades,ago ..if I saw allot that said,XMAS trees,
I'd tell them WHY I'd not be buying a tree there ..I hate that and,th a one has been going on for decades,
The more we push God out..the,worse,we,are as a,nation..now history is,not telling kids,this,was,a nation settled by those who believed in a,Creator God ..
RoSesz

Well..., I am not so sure. We tend to look nostalgically into our recent history going from a rather optimistic, can-do attitude, but the baby-boomer time is setting quickly, and so many are disillusioned at where we are today in the world.

It is difficult to resolve not being in the world, and not of it, as one sits nearer to their own mortal end.

I think the fight for Christianity has changed locations, that the Holy Spirit manifests where it is needed, and does the most good.
We would like God to remain.

It is perhaps best to consider one's neighbors and do good for them, rather than insist upon them some change they cannot relate to.

Christianity will survive, not as we know it, but better....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#496691 Dec 2, 2013

That Apostate Redeemer

Although it quickly miscarried, a grandiose messianic movement arose in September 1665 at Smyrna: before a frenzied crowd, Sabbatai Zwi (1626-76) proclaimed himself the Messiah of Israel.

Throughout the Jewish world, the news of the Messiah’s coming aroused an unequalled enthusiasm.

Sabbatianism represents the first serious deviation in Judaism since the middle ages, and the first of those mystical ideas that led directly to the disintegration of orthodoxy.

Prince George, Canada

#496692 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity will survive, not as we know it, but better....
Even better than Judaism???

Within the theology, that would be NEWS to the one and only Abrahamic god Jehovah.

:)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#496693 Dec 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
There are just too many references from Jesus, the Apostles and the Church fathers to the Deuterocanonical Books. There are literally hundreds. Some are direct quotes and others are very very close (Matt 7:16,20 - Sir 27:6. Matt 7:12 -Tobit 4:15)
well, just look at the verses in RED, those are coming from Jesus.
Michael

Manitouwadge, Canada

#496694 Dec 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that any of what you say are direct quotes?

Anyone can say anything. Haven't you learned that by now.

Again, there is not one statement in our historical records from 4 BCE to 30AD that there was a miracle god man named Jesus.

WHY?.........Devasting!
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#496695 Dec 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR CHURCH IS THE ONE THAT INVENTED THE CANONIZATION OF SAINTS...
SO YOUR INVENTION HAS BROUGHT ABOUT THE END RESULTS THAT WE HAVE TODAY...
BESIDES
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ....A GREAT MAN OF GOD...
IT IS THE MAN ....THAT ALLOWS GOD ... TO BE GREAT IN HIM ...THAT
WILL
BE REWARDED.
Amen Confrinting. We have a Great God; without Him man is nothing

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#496696 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We provide food, shelter, clothing, counseling, monetary support, job placement services, education and much more at my Local Church. We could sell the acreage it sits on (which was bought and paid for many years ago by the congregation) to commercial developers for millions. Where would the poor go to after the money was gone?
...otehr charity organizations.

You do realize that your church doesn't hold exclusive rights to the poor, right?

I think you are over-zealous about anything your church does and don't realize that many organizations do the same "giving" as the RCC, and many are not affiliated to religion.
Michael

Manitouwadge, Canada

#496697 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Nicholas was a great man.
My Church celebrates the Nativity of the Lord. My Church doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the commercialization of Christmas. I suggest you dust off a history book and you'll find today's gimmicks were developed by protestants.
You never bought your kids toys at every christmas? You don't put up a christmas tree and decorations?

Prince George, Canada

#496698 Dec 2, 2013
"Muslim-Jew" ... now there is a "mouthful."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The first person to have written the story of the Grail and to have communicated it to Kiot was the “pagan”(Muslim-Jew) sage Flegetanis.

Prince George, Canada

#496699 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well, just look at the verses in RED, those are coming from Jesus.
Do you suppose Jehovah colored the ink red as a warning that Jesus was a fake messiah???

Michael

Manitouwadge, Canada

#496700 Dec 2, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
These calls though are reminiscent of the Apostle Judas who protested at Mary Magdalene’s use of costly ointment on the feet of Jesus’ which was followed by the Gospel writers’ astute comment,“he did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief”. How many of those who criticise the Church for her alleged wealth are concerned about the poor rather than simply desiring to bring down the influence of Christianity in society? It is not wealth in and of itself that is evil but an inordinate attachment to it. None the less the Church does and shouldremembering most often in mission countries who have no one else to turn too. The Vatican Bank, or more properly, the Institute for the Works of Religion, controls a much larger amount of money estimated to be around $6 billion, however most of it is not the money of the Vatican but religious orders, dioceses and Catholic organisations which use the money for their particular work of ministry and charity.
The specific ‘wealth’ of the Vatican does not cover the many dioceses in individual nations which essentially manage their own expenditure. As an example, it has been estimated by The Economist that the Catholic Church in the USA spends collectively in excess of $170 billion each year but this is not on caviar and fine wine. The money goes to fund healthcare, universities, schools, parishes, charities and the payroll of the one million people who work for the Church and make it all happen (this includes the tens of thousands of priests and religious who give their lives for Christ and the service of the Church and must be thus housed and provided for).
Those who think the Catholic Church has a lot of money are correct but those who think the Church holds onto money for the sake of it are incorrect. The Catholic Church is not a ‘fly by night’ organisation that is flippant about money. Working to bring the message of Jesus Christ to every generation and to serve the needs of humanity requires funds, and as the single most charitable private organisation on the planet the Catholic Church uses its money as a wise steward should.
http://caritasetveritas.com/2013/03/the-myth-...
.........Give me a break! You have more BS! excuses to try and explain away the wealth of the church.(lol)

.....Roman Catholicism, which claims to be His church, is the richest of the rich, the wealthiest institution on earth.
.....Your church is the largest real estate empire in the world.

......The vatican has its own bank.! and twice in the past 25 years has been charged with money laundering. You OK with that? Your church has BILLIONS of investments all around the world and EVERY week more money is sent (Peters Pence) from you to the vatican so they can have even more stuff.

Albuquerque, NM

#496701 Dec 2, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM
Peace
I love Advent Season!
Ordinary time seems forever. But this Season, since I became Catholic is more intense for me, than the other seasons.
Salvábo te, nóli timére,
égo enim sum Dóminus Déus túus,
Sánctus Israël, Redémptor túus.
You'll need to hurry then...

Plenty of Cyber Monday sales that are just waiting to capitalize upon the season and off "God". Why not enjoy it. Jesus surely would have.

I can see him now - dressed up ringing a bell.

http://www.vermontchristmasco.com/category/cl...

Albuquerque, NM

#496702 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... I found a few of Robert F's castaways as he was shifting gears from one religion to another.
Sounds alot like what you did.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#496703 Dec 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Speaking of being responsible
I did not say the ST NICHOLAS was responsible
I SAID THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS...
YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY ,,, IS THE ONE THAT CREATED/SPAWNED SANTA CLAUSE...
Wrong again confrinting. We celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas on December 6th and the Nativity of The Lord on December 25th.

Protestants came up with Santa Claus, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 48,223
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min HipGnosis 182,631
Would a Somali girl marry a non-Somali man in L... (Dec '13) 28 min LMH1983 96
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 29 min ChristineM 445,702
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min RiccardoFire 44,650
Moving companies provide a Shifting solution th... (Sep '15) 37 min PaykasaKartBozdurma 7
George Soros Is a Brilliant Investor 1 hr Truthiness 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,234
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 971,606
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web