Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703573 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#496719 Dec 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa Clause is protestant folklore. The CC had nothing to do with the creation of that figure (other than our own St. Nick was the basis for their idea). Nobody on the Catholic side was telling stories about a fat jolly guy coming down a chimney named St. Nick before that.
However.....
The Catholic Church is responsible for the celebration observance of Christmas. It means CHRIST'S MASS. We go to MASS to receive the Eucharist which is Jesus CHRIST.. See, Christ's Mass, Ger it? Christmas. It's the sacrifice of the Mass....Christ's MASS, get it now? lol sorry. wikipedia.org/christmas
Merry Christmas.
In looking for the historical roots of Santa Claus, one must go very deep in the past. One discovers that Santa Claus as we know him is a combination of many different legends and mythical creatures.

The basis for the Christian-era Santa Claus is Bishop Nicholas of Smyrna (Izmir), in what is now Turkey. Nicholas lived in the 4th century A.D. He was very rich, generous, and loving toward children. Often he gave joy to poor children by throwing gifts in through their windows.

The Orthodox Church[not my church] later raised St. Nicholas, miracle worker, to a position of great esteem. It was in his honor that Russia's oldest church, for example, was built. For its part, the Roman Catholic Church[not mine either] honored Nicholas as one who helped children and the poor. St. Nicholas became the patron saint of children and seafarers. His name day is December 6th.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#496720 Dec 2, 2013

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#496721 Dec 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Now when 'I' state that religion is based on fear, I get a big Catholic sermon from the same Robert that used to be an Atheist.
How funny.
Fear you're referring to is the same parents use to help children to obey them, that's the same God uses, except the punishment is different for sure, but it doesn't have to be, and the reward is more than an earthly parent could ever give. Atheists are a group of people who have everything to lose and nothing to gain, their life on earth is all about theories which give no definitive answer to anything. Atheists are an unusual group of people who lack hope and feel this life is all their is, how miserable an existence that has to be even if it weren't true, but thankfully it is. They say they get on the Christian sites to spread the word that Christianity isn't any good for you, how ironic they do this on a Christian thread which has no intention to listening to their garbage, instead if they were really wanting to spread this info the last place they should be on is a Christian site. But their intentions are false as their not spreading the word of atheism to people to educate them of the dangers of Christianity, their afraid of being loss and are looking for the truth in their own little way.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#496722 Dec 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Rose and sera will bring the topic up in the near future, they either want to start an arguement, want attention or just plain dim. Notice they bring up the same subjects over and over again.
I choose just plain dim...lol

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#496723 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>In looking for the historical roots of Santa Claus, one must go very deep in the past. One discovers that Santa Claus as we know him is a combination of many different legends and mythical creatures.
The basis for the Christian-era Santa Claus is Bishop Nicholas of Smyrna (Izmir), in what is now Turkey. Nicholas lived in the 4th century A.D. He was very rich, generous, and loving toward children. Often he gave joy to poor children by throwing gifts in through their windows.
The Orthodox Church[not my church] later raised St. Nicholas, miracle worker, to a position of great esteem. It was in his honor that Russia's oldest church, for example, was built. For its part, the Roman Catholic Church[not mine either] honored Nicholas as one who helped children and the poor. St. Nicholas became the patron saint of children and seafarers. His name day is December 6th.
Christmas is not Jesus birthday as we don't know when he was born. Christmas is a man made date, and we at the Church of Christ do not celebrate Christmas as Jesus birthday but we do celebrate in the rest of Christmas, like gift giving, singing yule tides,putting a tree up.

Location hidden

#496724 Dec 2, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you start posting like an adult.
Ahhh But I am. To bad that you just happen to disagree with me.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#496725 Dec 2, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
The catholic church is the biggest deceiver of man. One of their many tactics are, they are the only one's who understand the bible, so with that they tell you no need to read for yourself as the priests that are in charge of doing that will be happy to help you understand what the CATHOLIC BIBLE SAYS. THE catholic bible is the second mistake in teaching you the real truth. To make sure you understand the REAL truth I recommend you read the New King James Version, the American and the new American Standard Version, The New English bible and the New Living Translation. This will help you in finding the truth. The truth will easily be found and then you will know that the catholic church teaches false doctrine, such as infant baptism, purgatory, praying to dead saints, saying that Peter is a pope, having statues to pray to, and many more false doctrine they teach. You will learn that the Church of Christ is the church spoken of the bible that Jesus said he would build, Matthew 16;18 and the church that Jesus built was indeed built and 3,000soulswere added to the church in the year 33 AD the day of Pentecost. This is the birth of the Church of Christ and it still exists today. This is the only church that worships according to the bible and you must be baptized and be a member of that church.
You are saying the Word of God is wrong, in that it teaches the term "church" in Mt 16:18 means: ekklesia, a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly

You are also calling your pope a liar....these words were approved by him on the matter: Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. JesusÂ’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.

Ah love it!!! Say on!!!!

Location hidden

#496726 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>In looking for the historical roots of Santa Claus, one must go very deep in the past. One discovers that Santa Claus as we know him is a combination of many different legends and mythical creatures.
Yes indeedy...

Location hidden

#496727 Dec 2, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>Christmas is not Jesus birthday as we don't know when he was born. Christmas is a man made date, and we at the Church of Christ do not celebrate Christmas as Jesus birthday but we do celebrate in the rest of Christmas, like gift giving, singing yule tides,putting a tree up.
I NEVER said that it was His birthday so just shut up. I don't listen to campbellites.

Location hidden

#496728 Dec 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh But I am. To bad that you just happen to disagree with me.
and she takes her/his name after some PUNK rock band. talk about being childish, she/he is.

Location hidden

#496729 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus envision you sitting in your warm, comfortable home with enough food and possessions for probably several families and spending hours on the internet talking about Rome? How many starving homeless do you bring into your home every night? How easy it is to sit in your armchair with a full belly and toss out criticisms. What a hypocrite.
You are comparing apple with oranges..It is pure fact that the catholic church is far more wealthy than Rose living in Florida sitting in her armchair with a belly full of toss out criticisms.The comparison is unbalanced.

Location hidden

#496730 Dec 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I hope one day it'll sink in.
Don't hold your breath for my sake. It wont happen for me.

Location hidden

#496731 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and she takes her/his name after some PUNK rock band. talk about being childish, she/he is.
Punk Rock? Is that when you throw yourself into the crowd and hope that someone catches you..lol..

Location hidden

#496732 Dec 2, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Punk Rock? Is that when you throw yourself into the crowd and hope that someone catches you..lol..
yeah, and no one wanted her, so she bounced a couple of times. to bad all of her hot air never escaped.
truth

Perth, Australia

#496733 Dec 2, 2013
it is written
you not serve me
no
you not honor me or love me
its lips

it is written
righteousness people don't have any rights

its written
about abuse assault prosecution and killing
it is written
hones people don't need say sorry
not at all
it is written
dont sit with them
not eat with them
not sit in first chair too

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#496734 Dec 2, 2013
You are cordially invited to A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!!

Guest of Honor: Jesus Christ

Date: Every day. Traditionally, December 25 but He's always around, so the date is flexible....

Time: Whenever you're ready.(Please don't be late, though, or you'll miss out on all the fun!)

Place: In your heart.... He'll meet you there.(You'll hear Him knock.)

Attire: Come as you are... grubbies are okay. He'll be washing our clothes anyway. He said something about new white robes and crowns for everyone who stays till the last.

Tickets: Admission is free. He's already paid for everyone...(He says you wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway... it cost Him everything He had. But you do need to accept the ticket!!

Refreshments: New wine, bread, and a far-out drink He calls "Living Water," followed by a supper that promises to be out of this world!

Gift Suggestions: ; Your life. He's one of those people who already has everything else.(He's very generous in return though. Just wait until you see what He has for you!)

Entertainment: Joy, Peace, Truth, Light, Life, Love, Real Happiness, Communion with God, Forgiveness, Miracles, Healing, Power, Eternity in Paradise, Contentment, and much more!(All "G" rated, so bring your family and friends.)

R.S.V.P. Very Important! He must know ahead so He can reserve a spot for you at the table. Also, He's keeping a list of His friends for future reference. He calls it the "Lamb's Book of Life."

Party being given by His Kids (that's us!!)! Hope to see you there! For those of you whom I will see at the party, share this with someone today!
truth

Perth, Australia

#496735 Dec 2, 2013
-its exist very low organization
-its exist very high organization
to ruin every person and every family

not say sorry
not me
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
n

Location hidden

#496736 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, and no one wanted her, so she bounced a couple of times. to bad all of her hot air never escaped.
How can something be funny and hateful on the same post.

somebody has a very big problem with their judgies.lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#496737 Dec 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, and no one wanted her, so she bounced a couple of times. to bad all of her hot air never escaped.
Sent you something nice in the,mail..One page,specially for you :after you read the,Christmas one,:)

Third one ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#496738 Dec 2, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa Clause is protestant folklore. The CC had nothing to do with the creation of that figure (other than our own St. Nick was the basis for their idea). Nobody on the Catholic side was telling stories about a fat jolly guy coming down a chimney named St. Nick before that.
However.....
The Catholic Church is responsible for the celebration observance of Christmas. It means CHRIST'S MASS. We go to MASS to receive the Eucharist which is Jesus CHRIST.. See, Christ's Mass, Ger it? Christmas. It's the sacrifice of the Mass....Christ's MASS, get it now? lol sorry. wikipedia.org/christmas
Merry Christmas.
So you didn't hAve a Christmas,stocking ???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min Chicagoan by Birth 87,519
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. (Oct '17) 1 hr Hock Fung Soc Tu 23
Looking to finally settle down. Need some sugge... 2 hr Plock Yan Yuk Foo 2
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 3 hr MGTOW 2
The Good Man Donald Trump 4 hr MexicoWill Pay4Wall 2
Prostitutes at Taiji Massage in Port Charlotte 4 hr FredG5 1
School honoring Confed general 2B Renamed 4 Bar... 4 hr Omg 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr science is god 996,409