Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 678650 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#496164 Nov 30, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Do U also teach your kids about St. Claus?!...U know, jolly old St. Nicholas?!?
Sure, we love old St. Nick. He gave, gave,and gave just as we all should, esp. at Christmas.

"We are assured that from his earliest days Nicholas would take nourishment only once on Wednesdays and Fridays, and that in the evening according to the canons. "He was exceedingly well brought up by his parents and trod piously in their footsteps. The child, watched over by the church enlightened his mind and encouraged his thirst for sincere and true religion". His parents died when he was a young man, leaving him well off and he determined to devote his inheritance to works of charity. An opportunity soon arose. A citizen of Patara had lost all his money, and had moreover to support three daughters who could not find husbands because of their poverty; so the wretched man was going to give them over to prostitution. This came to the ears of Nicholas, who thereupon took a bag of gold and, under cover of darkness threw it in at the open window of the man's house. Here was a dowry for the eldest girl and she was soon duly married. At intervals Nicholas did the same for the second and third; at the last time the father was on the watch, recognized his benefactor and overwhelmed him with his gratitude. It would appear that the three purses represented in pictures, came to be mistaken for the heads of three children and so they gave rise to the absurdstory of the children, resuscitated by the saint, who had been killed by an innkeeper and pickled in a brine-tub."
Read more here.....

http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php...

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#496165 Nov 30, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
June, here is that movie I wanted you to watch,
http://www.bing.com/search...
Has anyone else seen it yet?
Thanks, but I wouldn't learn anything from it, as religion has totally lost its appeal to me.

Williams Lake, Canada

#496166 Nov 30, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, we love old St. Nick. He gave, gave,and gave just as we all should, esp. at Christmas.
"We are assured that from his earliest days Nicholas would take nourishment only once on Wednesdays and Fridays, and that in the evening according to the canons. "He was exceedingly well brought up by his parents and trod piously in their footsteps. The child, watched over by the church enlightened his mind and encouraged his thirst for sincere and true religion". His parents died when he was a young man, leaving him well off and he determined to devote his inheritance to works of charity. An opportunity soon arose. A citizen of Patara had lost all his money, and had moreover to support three daughters who could not find husbands because of their poverty; so the wretched man was going to give them over to prostitution. This came to the ears of Nicholas, who thereupon took a bag of gold and, under cover of darkness threw it in at the open window of the man's house. Here was a dowry for the eldest girl and she was soon duly married. At intervals Nicholas did the same for the second and third; at the last time the father was on the watch, recognized his benefactor and overwhelmed him with his gratitude. It would appear that the three purses represented in pictures, came to be mistaken for the heads of three children and so they gave rise to the absurdstory of the children, resuscitated by the saint, who had been killed by an innkeeper and pickled in a brine-tub."
Read more here.....
http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php...
The Catholic hierarchy tossed old St. Nicholas out as the saint that ain't.

:)

Williams Lake, Canada

#496167 Nov 30, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
"Francis affirmed that he stands against the procedure and encouraged Catholic doctors to avoid performing it.
He's a hypocrite, and so are the women in you church that pretend they don't use the clinics.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book “Morgentaler … The doctor who couldn’t turn away … by Eleanor Wright Pelrine, Published 1975 … comes the following ………

The majority of Henry Morgentaler’s patients (over 80 per cent) identify themselves as Roman Catholic, weighing the burden of unplanned, unwanted pregnancy against the dictates of celibate churchmen, and coming to terms with their own consciences.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following …………….

You know, it’s interesting who protests and who doesn’t. Over 90 percent of the women coming to one of our clinics for abortions are Catholic. They don’t necessarily have more of a problem about what they are doing than others. It seems to be more of a matter of individuals, doesn’t it?”
marge

Leesburg, GA

#496168 Nov 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you mean to say, to start with God was not Flesh, then He became Flesh in the form of Jesus, so who was living in the Heavens, when this God in Flesh (Jesus) was praying to?
Or did a "part of God in Spirit" changed the form and became God in Flesh?
Does it not make your head to swim?
Why SHOULD God become god in Flesh?
You do not even know what blasphemy you are committing when you say God became flesh in the form of Jesus.
You have least idea what you actually mean.
The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#496169 Nov 30, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> thnk MIS-USING it would be a better word.
That leaves the Original Question Not answered!!

Who WROTE the Bible?

Williams Lake, Canada

#496170 Nov 30, 2013
[QUOTE who="StarC[/QUOTE]

Your avatar reads "Abortion ... one dead one wounded."

I suggest that if you don't want an abortion don't have one ... but keep the clinics open for those that DO want abortions.

Otherwise hospitals and morgues will again be doing a brisk business.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Illegal

Abortion was completely banned in Canada in 1869.

The movement to liberalize Canada's abortion laws began in the 1960s. Former Chief Coroner of Ontario Morton Shulman recalls that in the sixties, abortion could be legally performed only to save the life of the mother, so there were practically no legal abortions. He stated that the pregnant daughters of the rich were sent to a reliable physicians who did abortions for cash. He estimated that these physicians did twenty to thirty abortions per week. Woman who were not rich were left to perform an abortion on themselves or go to what he called a "nurse" abortionist. Their method was commonly pumping Lysol™ into the woman's womb. The mortality rate was high and the infection rate over 50%. He added, "By the time I became Chief Coroner I had had the unpleasant experience of seeing the bodies of some dozens of young women who had died as a result of these amateur abortions."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Cana ...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#496171 Nov 30, 2013
To be a catholic is to tell the whole world you're lost and confused, thanks to the doctrine they have decided to use, instead of using the word of God. The catholic church is a man made church which came about by a few false members who decided to please the Roman dignitaries instead of God. How can anyone be so naïve to believe in the doctrine that the catholic church uses, it's simply isn't logical to believe what they teach to be believable, and because of there doctrine of them teaching you instead of you studying and learning for yourselves is the way they get you to believe what's being said. Study and learn the truth and stay as far as you can from the catholic church, as they are the biggest deceiver of man . I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and get baptized and know you are now saved and have a home in heaven.

Williams Lake, Canada

#496172 Nov 30, 2013
The idea that abortion offends a creator is ridiculous.

With all the suffering of human and non human animal life on earth, I suggest that if a creator exists, it enjoys watching suffering.

Watch a nature show sometime and see how the animals have to suffer non-stop to exist. If bugs aren't chewing on them, they are chewing on each other.

When it pertains to survival, nature is anything BUT beautiful.

Be REAL for a change and stop with the bologna about how god is all about mushy LOVE.

Ridiculous blather. Nature is downright cruel, and abortion is part of suffering that is faced by women who don't enjoy the process one iota, but feel that in their circumstances abortion is necessary.

If you think you are holy for not having one, I suggest you are suffering from arrogance and nothing BUT arrogance.

Williams Lake, Canada

#496173 Nov 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who WROTE the Bible?
Catholics.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#496174 Nov 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I wouldn't learn anything from it, as religion has totally lost its appeal to me.
So you believe in God but not religion? This movie is a case for God.

Williams Lake, Canada

#496175 Nov 30, 2013
I've never had an abortion, but I've tried to understand WHY women have abortions. And through reading and listening to stories, I've learned to take their words as lessons ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Woman Doctor … the education of Jane Patterson, M.D. published in 1983, comes the following.

That abortions were illegal did not, of course, stop women from having them, so even though we didn’t do them ourselves, we spent a fair amount of time cleaning up after illegal abortion attempts. The most common problem attending illegal abortions was infection. Now that abortion has been legalized, severely infected abortions, known in medicalese as septic abortion, are a rarity, but back then they were so common that large hospitals would have wards devoted exclusively to them.

We used to refer to the septic abortion cases as “Tijuana Specials.” Women who were pregnant and didn’t want to be would take weekend vacations across the border to Tijuana and other Mexican towns, where abortions were, if not legal, at least available. The trouble was that while these border towns had a certain quaint and dusty native charm, they weren’t noted for their standards of cleanliness. If a woman was lucky, she might be able to find a skilled abortionist who had a fairly clean set-up. Not everyone was lucky. By Tuesday night, the unlucky ones would start coming into the emergency room, weak, faint, feverish, vomiting, in pain and sometimes bleeding.

Many of the “Tijuana Specials” we saw were undoubtedly performed here in the United States.

Williams Lake, Canada

#496176 Nov 30, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe in God but not religion? This movie is a case for God.
I understand why you would want to see that movie, as you want your own opinion reflected back to you yet again, as occurs in church ... but I am no longer interested in such self-serving systems of belief ... thank you anyway.

Williams Lake, Canada

#496177 Nov 30, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:

I urge you to go to the nearest Church of Christ and study and get baptized and know you are now saved and have a home in heaven.
AHEM ... cough, cough!!! To believe you are saved is different than KNOWING that you are saved.

I suggest you presume WAY too much.

By the way ... "within the theology" I suggest you stop insulting the Jews by using the term Jesus as LORD ... when Jehovah is the LORD of the Abrahamic one and only GOD.

Had Jesus lived, he would have been a cast-away from Judaism ... a traitor TO Judaism, and NO son of Jehovah whatsoever.
wtfover

Portsmouth, VA

#496178 Nov 30, 2013
pederast Priests like busting nuts in young boys butts

Williams Lake, Canada

#496179 Nov 30, 2013
Wacky theology

A Jew, after being baptized into Catholicism, and then later follows Martin Luther into Protestantism is worse than useless to the almighty GOD of the Jews. He's committed (for lack of a better term) a spiritual fell-ony.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#496180 Nov 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who WROTE the Bible?
http://www.compellingtruth.org/Bible-authors....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#496181 Nov 30, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> We are autonomous and non denominational. We are not a group of different religious churches that worship differently. We are one church in faith, that being all Churches of Christ worship the same, not like denominations do, which is they have different ways they worship and believe. The CoC comes from the bible as we are the church that Jesus said he would build in Matthew 16;18,and we are the church that God added 3,000 souls to on the day of Pentecost in the year 33 AD. So anymore information you may need please feel free to ask.
In the eye of a pig!!!!!

Church as defined in Mt 16:18 a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly,

So then....any Christian community....any Christian assembly..or any religious congregation, is His church....it does not identify any denomination, non denomination, nor members of any specific group, as being His church....

In short, He founded Christianity.....

Williams Lake, Canada

#496182 Nov 30, 2013
Wacky people and their wacky religions.

Catholics and Protestants curse each other into the same supposed Christian hell for not belonging to the religion that pleases their no-name god.

Meanwhile Jehovah is off picking his invisible nose, while laughing at the idiocy of BOTH Catholics and Protestants, while stating loud and clear ... "They are no part of me or mine."

:)
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#496183 Nov 30, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
Do you understand a word of what you are saying?

Did the sin went out from the world? What sin has stopped happening in the world, since the god chose to become Flesh?

So god paid for the sins which humans commit?

Why then we have these courts that hang murderers and thieves and all sort of things?

You people are totally confused by the false logic of St. Paul which is totally against reason ' logic and all revealed religion.

The logic you are giving was not given by Jesus.

The words used are like English, but they make no sense.

If abolishing the law, is to ease the process and there be no law breaker, then why it does not apply to all spheres of life? Why we punish economic offenders and Traffic rule violators and those who play "loud Music"?

And why those "Ten commandments" have to be followed? Why not abolish that also?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor Realist Calling Doctor Reality 33 min Doctor REALITY 2
.........why I'm afraid of God 39 min Doctor REALITY 4
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 52 min spud 2,208
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 54 min Clearwater 118,659
News Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'great... 1 hr C Kersey 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,825
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr worthless crap 46,208
More from around the web