Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,922)

Showing posts 478,421 - 478,440 of530,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims weren't anti-semites! If U knew your history about Islam then U would understand that it were the Jews that were (could we say) anti-Islam.
Chronology of Medieval Christianity

Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christi ...

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IF I AM DELUSIONAL...I HAVE LOST NOTHING..By striving to live a Christian life
Your Christian STYLE of living is to allot others to hell and slather your self with GLORY and eternal bliss.

I've tried to make it plain to you many times that arrogance is what is driving you ... but your PRIDE motivates you to keep on PREACHING.
Liam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest issue in your church in the past 500 years! sexual abuse by roman catholic clergy around the world, and those who didn't abuse covered up these sins and lied to you, and you say......NOTHING!
Every instance I have SPOKEN OUT AGAINST SEXUAL ABUSE. I have spoken out against the MONEY LAUNDERING by the vatican bank. Every instance. It makes me wonder about you who have been silent about your church leaders who have never taken the high road of morality.
I am sure you are vocal about issues pertaining to your Mayor, your congressman, your city officials, but when it comes to your church leaders you have a built in FEAR and always come out defending them no matter what they have done wrong.
I will never remain silent. Too bad for you.
What you're doing is dragging it back and forth thru the mud again and again. And that has nothing to do about being an advocate. You're speaking up to smear the Church. You need to feel better about leaving it for atheism that's all. Its sad use such an evil topic for your vendetta.
Then when we Catholics don't participate in your constant child abuse talk, you accuse us of 'not speaking out'. What do you want from us? We readily admit sinful men run the Church and always have. Every decade since Christ there was scandal. Its no different then any Canadian or American family. There will always be a sister or cousin who messes up. Does that mean your whole family is condemned?
Jesus promised to protect the Church from doctrinal error and He has. He never promised to remove sin or sinful impulses. But sin wouldn't destroy the Church. Its still visible 2,000 yrs later.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within solidified Abrahamic theology ... that means the Jews are still his chosen few.
:)
Must be because the Bible (Catholic and Christian) teaches this from beginning to end. 144,000 souls; 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes (seeds) of Judah are his chosen few as written in scripture....buuuuut U don't believe in any of that "stuff"!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah-god WILLS that you must preach at Catholics that they are not saved unless they follow Luther's teachings ... as do YOU???
You solicit your favorite words written by Catholics in the new testament to in turn USE against Catholics as a threat to their own safety ... when those specific words were meant by the Catholics to be used against heretics such as the Jews AND YOU!
You are on QUITE a MISSION in deed!
:)
THE MISSION I AM ON ...AS APPOSED TO YOURS....IS A MISSION OF LOVE...

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE OR PLACEBO...THAT CAN REPLACE THE WORD OF GOD...

YOUR DELUSION AND THEIRS BOTH ULTIMATELY LEAD TO THE DESTRUCTION....

You as an atheist...have no hope of eternal life...

The Roman-est have copped a placebo...both end up in the same place ..

~~~

The Bible says...

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren,

by the mercies of God,

that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice,

holy,

acceptable unto God,

which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world:

but be ye transformed

by the renewing of your mind,

that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

<quoted text>Must be because the Bible (Catholic and Christian) teaches this from beginning to end. 144,000 souls; 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes (seeds) of Judah are his chosen few as written in scripture....buuuuut U don't believe in any of that "stuff"!
Is it true Muhammad was a pedophile?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that common sense theology means that Jehovah would never give up on his Jews as being his chosen few. He would be faithful to the end of "times."
After all ... the JEWS and nobody BUT the Jews created that one god to abide by the laws written in the Jewish Tahakh.
It was the breakaway Jews that wrote the old testament in the aim of taking the religion off in another SPIN of human will.
It's human nature to want to be the leader of the packs rather than the followers, as following is not as much FUN as leading.
~~~

A CHRISTIAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO LIVE BY HIS (FIVE COMMON SENSES)

THE BIBLE SAYS

Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Heb_10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Rom_14:23 .......... for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

I suggest that Martin Luther knew if he stayed in Catholicism, he would always be a simple unknown monk ... but if he started a new religion, he would go down in history as a famous man in deed.

He was as arrogant as any human on earth, yet feigned humility as he dragged his image of Jesus from Catholicism along with his new haughty attitude of claiming to KNOW truth, from the same book ... no less!

The Jews that broke away from believing in multiple gods to start their one-god dogma were full of the same pride. "We now have the ONLY god in creation, and YOU have to come to US if you want to be approved of by Jehovah."

Religion from the get-go was and is BUNK.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

<quoted text>
THE MISSION I AM ON ...AS APPOSED TO YOURS....IS A MISSION OF LOVE...
Yet you keep threatening ME with HELL, while I keep assuring you that I don't believe in hell for you OR for others.

If what you are promoting is love ... I don't want it to infect me.

You can change ... but only if you stop being a preacher.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest that common sense theology means that Jehovah would never give up on his Jews as being his chosen few. He would be faithful to the end of "times."
After all ... the JEWS and nobody BUT the Jews created that one god to abide by the laws written in the Jewish Tahakh.
It was the breakaway Jews that wrote the old testament in the aim of taking the religion off in another SPIN of human will.
It's human nature to want to be the leader of the packs rather than the followers, as following is not as much FUN as leading.
Before U say that the Old Testament was just "wrote", have U considered what is referred to as the "Bible Codes" found in a computerized algorythm of the Hebrew OT text?! If U say it's a hoax or just garbage, it will show your lack of understanding and knowledge on the subject...yet a simple "I'm not really sure" would be appreciated if U aren't aware of this anomaly!!!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
A CHRISTIAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO LIVE BY HIS (FIVE COMMON SENSES)
THE BIBLE SAYS
Your thoughts are based on one of your five senses.

All of which we are aware is "carnal."

Religion taught you that you could go beyond thought, and that is a lie. Imagination IS thought and religion is imagination that simply takes thought in circles.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

I don't know who wrote the following quote, but it makes sense to me.

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it's called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion."

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Chronology of Medieval Christianity
Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christi ...
If U would have replied to my entire post and not just a snippet, it would've saved U some hot air ...being that your post is what I had just said!!! Are U sure that U're old enough to be on this forum?! Your comprehension skills aren't as sharp as an educated adult's should be...as far as being able to read a short statement and understand the context of it!!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

<quoted text>Before U say that the Old Testament was just "wrote", have U considered what is referred to as the "Bible Codes" found in a computerized algorythm of the Hebrew OT text?!
All ancient religious literature was written by humans, and humans are dumb creatures by what we don't know.

If you are trying to pick truth out of ancient nonsense and in turn get stuck in that silly notion that you OWN truth, you will be stuck in the same mental bondage as have all other "preachers" of religions since religion began.

Your preaching is nothing special to anyone but you.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thoughts are based on one of your five senses.
All of which we are aware is "carnal."
Religion taught you that you could go beyond thought, and that is a lie. Imagination IS thought and religion is imagination that simply takes thought in circles.
June

And scientists just keeps running around with theories that reverse themselves every 8-10 years.

In religion, virtues and vices have remained the same for the last 2000 years....

I find imagination a part of the creative process, without it there is no beauty.

Be nice today, and someone might smile back....

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

<quoted text>If U would have replied to my entire post and not just a snippet, it would've saved U some hot air ...being that your post is what I had just said!!! Are U sure that U're old enough to be on this forum?! Your comprehension skills aren't as sharp as an educated adult's should be...as far as being able to read a short statement and understand the context of it!!
You will resort to insults when I refuse to agree that your preaching is based on truth.

That is the nature of all preachers of religion.

Preachers have insisted again and again that because I didn't believe they knew truth, that I will spend eternity in hell.

And all the while they want me to warm up to their religion, and are too dense to understand why religion offends me.
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
IF I AM DELUSIONAL...I HAVE LOST NOTHING..By striving to live a Christian life
IF WHAT I BELIEVE IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE
YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING...
At the age of 79 ...I have already enjoyed more of God's love, mercies and material abundance than you will ever know..
IN YOUR UNBELIEF
I can testify that JESUS' WORDS ARE TRUE.
WHEN HE SAID
Joh 10:10 ..... I am come that/I they might have life, and that they/I might have it more abundantly.
Judging people on this board is what you call a "Christian life?"

And a more "abundant" life too!

I would call it deep.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

<quoted text>Before U say that the Old Testament was just "wrote", have U considered what is referred to as the "Bible Codes" found in a computerized algorythm of the Hebrew OT text?! If U say it's a hoax or just garbage, it will show your lack of understanding and knowledge on the subject...yet a simple "I'm not really sure" would be appreciated if U aren't aware of this anomaly!!!
LOL @ Bible codes.

You must have missed my question regarding Muhammad being attracted to little girls, eh?
Gods R Delusions but Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

<quoted text>If U would have replied to my entire post and not just a snippet, it would've saved U some hot air ...being that your post is what I had just said!!! Are U sure that U're old enough to be on this forum?! Your comprehension skills aren't as sharp as an educated adult's should be...as far as being able to read a short statement and understand the context of it!!
Wow, so much vile at an anonymous poster, because they posted a quote that per you was "what I had just said."

This is like straight from Alice and Wonderland.

Ramen

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2013

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true Muhammad was a pedophile?
Hahaha!! I don't know!..I have to study up on that. I heard (from people who don't know Islam but from what is portrayed by the media powers that be) that he took an 8 year old girl as his wife at some point but if it's true I would have to research the circumstances of such a thing. Then if we know our history we have records of tradition in Rome, Greece, Britain, India, in the Native Americas, etc. that women were taken as wives as soon as puberty...which at that time still varied (between 9 & 12). I could have been a case of marraige in-between families which is also traditional to this day. Also, I've heard people say that Muhammud was 14 years old and wrote the Qur'an in a cave...lol!!...I found out that was simply NOT TRUE AT ALL!! Lol!! So like I said, I'll have to look into it more from a historical standpoint and not from individuals who know NOTHING of Islam before I say that I can believe it or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 478,421 - 478,440 of530,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

479 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Proxy Queen 717,000
Why America is a ROTTEN nation! 11 min Anon 35
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min River Tam 598,798
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Pegasus 255,746
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 18 min seriously the original 5,177
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 93,243
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min Jim Justice 114,678
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 53 min UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,503
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr SimmerExtreme 64