Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687265 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496067 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certainly easily impressed. Why? Did the pope do something in this picture you yourself would not do? If you would not, why not?
<quoted text>
Really? Me, angry? No, not hardly. Actually, I am perplexed by your awe of a man you have elevated to vicar, your god, for showing kindness to another. Is this act of kindness foreign to you? Kindness is common for the members of my faith.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It bugs the crap out of you that so many non-Catholics are impressed by what he's doing, and not just in this picture. Every time he's shown to be caring and compassionate it ruins the demonic caricature you're so intent on painting of the Catholic Church.
Wow, you talk about angry. Goodness! You are very angry. Why are you so angry? Possibly because one common act of kindness done by your vicar is so advertised. Does your vicar require attention for his kindness towards another human? When true Christians perform the same type of kindness are they portrayed on television as a hero to all humanity? Of course not.

Your vicar is a performer much like a Hollywood actor. When the camera is running he looks good. However, when the camera quits running and the lights are turned off the problem of the vicar of Rome and his cohorts is revealed for all the world to see.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#496068 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg your pardon. Large "C" Catholic can only refer to Roman Catholic. The true catholic, small "c" universal church of Jesus Christ was certainly not Roman. You sir are a declared Roman. Yes or no.
I'm still patiently waiting for you to produce the writings of some early evangelical fundamentalists after the bible was written and before the reformation.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496069 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg your pardon. Large "C" Catholic can only refer to Roman Catholic. The true catholic, small "c" universal church of Jesus Christ was certainly not Roman. You sir are a declared Roman. Yes or no.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
No.
Below is a copy of post #495036 on this forum. From this response are you a Roman or not? It is obvious....you are!

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call yourself a "Catholic". You are a Roman Catholic, correct?

AnthonyMN said, quote, "I'm a Catholic Christian who's spiritual leader is the Bishop of Rome. The same church at Rome St. Paul wrote so admirably about in his epistle." End quote.

Your spiritual leader is Roman. Wow! The spiritual leader of all Christendom is Jesus Christ, not the bishop of Rome. Sadly you are not aware of the difference.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#496070 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are certainly easily impressed. Why? Did the pope do something in this picture you yourself would not do? If you would not, why not?
<quoted text>
Really? Me, angry? No, not hardly. Actually, I am perplexed by your awe of a man you have elevated to vicar, your god, for showing kindness to another. Is this act of kindness foreign to you? Kindness is common for the members of my faith.
<quoted text>
Wow, you talk about angry. Goodness! You are very angry. Why are you so angry? Possibly because one common act of kindness done by your vicar is so advertised. Does your vicar require attention for his kindness towards another human? When true Christians perform the same type of kindness are they portrayed on television as a hero to all humanity? Of course not.
Your vicar is a performer much like a Hollywood actor. When the camera is running he looks good. However, when the camera quits running and the lights are turned off the problem of the vicar of Rome and his cohorts is revealed for all the world to see.
Did he do it for the cameras? Or did he do it out of love and compassion for someone who is so horribly disfigured that most people can't even stand to look at him? Here'e what the man he embraced said about it:

“I tried to speak to say something but I was unable to,”“The emotion was too strong. It lasted a little longer than a minute but it felt as if it were eternity.”
“He touched my face and when he was doing it, I only felt love,”

Admit it, you seethe with bitterness. You can't stand the thought of a pope who can share the love of Christ the sick and less fortunate.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#496071 Nov 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still patiently waiting for you to produce the writings of some early evangelical fundamentalists after the bible was written and before the reformation.
I suggest that all Christians missionaries were certain that their religion was fundamental in order to attain salvation.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Evangelical Catholic

http://www.evangelicalcatholic.org/
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496072 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Your vicar is a performer much like a Hollywood actor.
By the way ... how is YOUR performance coming along???

:)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496073 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN, I hope this helps. Thank you.

Hebrews 11

4 By faith Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which he was commended as righteous,

5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God.

7 By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household.

8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.

11 By faith Sarah herself received power to conceive, even when she was past the age, since she considered him faithful who had promised.

20 By faith Isaac invoked future blessings on Jacob and Esau.

21 By faith Jacob, when dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, bowing in worship over the head of his staff.

22 By faith Joseph, at the end of his life, made mention of the exodus of the Israelites and gave directions concerning his bones.

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden for three months by his parents, because they saw that the child was beautiful, and they were not afraid of the king's edict.

29 By faith the people crossed the Red Sea as on dry land, but the Egyptians, when they attempted to do the same, were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days.

31 By faith Rahab the prostitute did not perish with those who were disobedient, because she had given a friendly welcome to the spies.

32 And what more shall I say? For time would fail me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets— 33 who through faith conquered kingdoms, enforced justice, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496074 Nov 30, 2013
I suggest if preachers were not performers they'd have no followers.

…

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#496075 Nov 30, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Attempted?
Attempted???
You'll hear from my agent.
Ummmmmm ha ha????

I hate seeing lawyers,
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496076 Nov 30, 2013
I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#496077 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he do it for the cameras? Or did he do it out of love and compassion for someone who is so horribly disfigured that most people can't even stand to look at him? Here'e what the man he embraced said about it:
“I tried to speak to say something but I was unable to,”“The emotion was too strong. It lasted a little longer than a minute but it felt as if it were eternity.”
“He touched my face and when he was doing it, I only felt love,”
Admit it, you seethe with bitterness. You can't stand the thought of a pope who can share the love of Christ the sick and less fortunate.
AnthonyMN, without a doubt the entire "act" of kindness was staged to further glorify your vicar. If this was truly a sincere act of kindness why wasn't it done in secret? Why all the notoriety? Why cameras?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496078 Nov 30, 2013
Catholics are fond of implying that Jesus was the first Catholic.

Within the theology that scheme might have worked, if ONLY they hadn't also preached that SAINT John baptized Jesus in the river Jordon before Jesus was crucified on the cross, and at the same time preached that Jesus was and still is a Jew.

The two stories have no way of joining together as being on the same "page."
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496079 Nov 30, 2013
And what was a very in-genius plan by the Protestants was to claim that Jesus had no nationality, but his religion was Protestant.

Luther wiped the Jew out of Jesus, as he did earlier when he was a know-everything Catholic monk.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496080 Nov 30, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmmm ha ha????
I hate seeing lawyers,
Unless of course you NEED one to set others in society STRAIGHT ... RIGHT?
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496081 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg your pardon. Large "C" Catholic can only refer to Roman Catholic. The true catholic, small "c" universal church of Jesus Christ was certainly not Roman.
OH OH! A catholic with a small c is not a good SIGN.

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496082 Nov 30, 2013
Christopher Hitchen's term for Jesus

Judaism’s bastard child in the shape of Christianity
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#496083 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Below is a copy of post #495036 on this forum. From this response are you a Roman or not? It is obvious....you are!
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call yourself a "Catholic". You are a Roman Catholic, correct?
AnthonyMN said, quote, "I'm a Catholic Christian who's spiritual leader is the Bishop of Rome. The same church at Rome St. Paul wrote so admirably about in his epistle." End quote.
Your spiritual leader is Roman. Wow! The spiritual leader of all Christendom is Jesus Christ, not the bishop of Rome. Sadly you are not aware of the difference.
Such a typical shallow and thoughtless post Old JG. Sadly you're an ignorant blowhard who likes playing pretend Christian. I can't imagine the kind of Christian community that would make you a deacon.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496084 Nov 30, 2013
Now, my dear people, if the Catholic Church has fallen into error, then the gates of hell have prevailed against her. And if the gates of hell have prevailed against her, then Christ has not kept his promise. Then He has deceived us, and if He has deceived us, then He is an impostor! If He be an impostor, then He is not God, and if He be not God, then all Christianity is a cheat and an imposition.

http://www.drbo.org/church2.htm
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#496085 Nov 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
AnthonyMN, I hope this helps. Thank you.
Hebrews 11
4 By faith Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which he was commended as righteous,
5 By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God.
7 By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household.
8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.
11 By faith Sarah herself received power to conceive, even when she was past the age, since she considered him faithful who had promised.
20 By faith Isaac invoked future blessings on Jacob and Esau.
21 By faith Jacob, when dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, bowing in worship over the head of his staff.
22 By faith Joseph, at the end of his life, made mention of the exodus of the Israelites and gave directions concerning his bones.
23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden for three months by his parents, because they saw that the child was beautiful, and they were not afraid of the king's edict.
29 By faith the people crossed the Red Sea as on dry land, but the Egyptians, when they attempted to do the same, were drowned.
30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days.
31 By faith Rahab the prostitute did not perish with those who were disobedient, because she had given a friendly welcome to the spies.
32 And what more shall I say? For time would fail me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets— 33 who through faith conquered kingdoms, enforced justice, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
I asked you if you could produce the writings of someone, actually anyone, from the time of the last writing of the NT until the reformation some 1300 years later who held the evangelical fundamentalist doctirne. Apparently it's just another in a long line questions that are beyond you .
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#496086 Nov 30, 2013
Martin Luther King was also a class ACT if there ever was one.

He preached equality for blacks but NOT for homosexuals.

King believed from his biblical indoctrination that homosexuals were "god" offenders.

What a shame that preachers don't know when to keep their mouths shut and their pens IDLE.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

(CNN)– Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was writing an advice column in 1958 for Ebony magazine when he received an unusual letter.

“I am a boy,” an anonymous writer told King.“But I feel about boys the way I ought to feel about girls. I don't want my parents to know about me. What can I do?”

In calm, pastoral tones, King told the boy that his problem wasn’t uncommon, but required “careful attention.”

“The type of feeling that you have toward boys is probably not an innate tendency, but something that has been culturally acquired,” King wrote.“You are already on the right road toward a solution, since you honestly recognize the problem and have a desire to solve it.”

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/16/what...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
READ! Tuxedo Crew is OFFICIAL! They are the BEST (Jun '14) 2 hr Sufi 29
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr River Tam 619,794
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 987,310
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Bongo 30,971
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 4
loan shark needed asap (Mar '09) 6 hr Panteri11 17
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr RADEKT 286,555
More from around the web