Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596361 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#495777 Nov 29, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha!! I don't know!..I have to study up on that.
Studying means to admit "not knowing."

All that we post will be milked from attitudes of other ancient believers that suffered from lack of knowledge.

Once you GET that concept into your psyche, you will immediately stop preaching religion as a truth and in turn admit that all you ever had in your possession was a "CONCEPT" of truth.

But first you will have to humble your self and admit that you don't know what can't by intellect can't BE known.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#495778 Nov 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All ancient religious literature was written by humans, and humans are dumb creatures by what we don't know.
If you are trying to pick truth out of ancient nonsense and in turn get stuck in that silly notion that you OWN truth, you will be stuck in the same mental bondage as have all other "preachers" of religions since religion began.
Your preaching is nothing special to anyone but you.
I SUGGEST that U hate being faced with common sense. Your post had NOTHING to do with my statement...WHO ARE U?!?!?!...GET DA #$%@ OUTTA'''EER...(Joe Pesci voice)

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#495779 Nov 29, 2013
REALITY: What a concept

Robin Williams

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#495780 Nov 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
All preachers of ancient religions preached of punishment for followers that refused to follow the commands of the theologians.
The theologians CLAIMED that gods were speaking to them ... but in the mental bondage of vanity ... I suggest they ALL LIED.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
In rabbinic Judaism Gehenna (sometimes called Gehinnom) is an afterlife realm where unrighteous souls are punished. Although Gehenna is not mentioned in the Torah, over time it became an important part of Jewish concepts of the afterlife and represented divine justice in the postmortem realm.
http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/G...
June changes her tune.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#495781 Nov 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the NEW GOD was to be the state..as we,are going toward here .
The leaders lived in their dachas...the masses,in line for toilet paper ...
KILL ANYONE who disagrees,..mother Russia,takin care,of her godless children ..
You are a willing idiot!

Why focus on brutality in Russia, when Christians in America killed each other ... not as communists ... but as heretics and witches?

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#495782 Nov 29, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I SUGGEST that U hate being faced with common sense.
So YOUR preaching is based on common sense HUH???

How funny.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#495783 Nov 29, 2013
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL @ Bible codes.
You must have missed my question regarding Muhammad being attracted to little girls, eh?
Hahaha!!! Yeeeaah!..Bible Codes!!..such a pseudoscience buuut worth marvelling at because of its "mysteriousness"!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#495784 Nov 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the NEW GOD was to be the state..as we,are going toward here .
The leaders lived in their dachas...the masses,in line for toilet paper ...
KILL ANYONE who disagrees,..mother Russia,takin care,of her godless children ..
Meltdown.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#495785 Nov 29, 2013
Dick Gregory: "If Christ was executed today, I bet Christians would wear little electric chairs around their necks."

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#495786 Nov 29, 2013
I have faith that I am acceptable just as I am ... without those in religion imposing their conflicting wills on me.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Paul Manata: "Believers should not be afraid to wrestle with their doubts.... Struggling with your doubts will make your faith 'your own,' rather than something you inherit."

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#495787 Nov 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions but Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let their psycho god keep you away from the one true God.
Ramen
Who?!, Ramen-Noodle?!?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#495788 Nov 29, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, get back to me then.
I'll be waiting.
Hold up!!...U're using 2 monikers?!...not very genuine!!!...at all!!!

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#495789 Nov 29, 2013
Feral children had no religion. If they had died without humans having baptized them ... some religion taught that their "souls" would end up in hell.

Even as a child I wouldn't be conned into such vile beliefs, as I knew there was something terrible wrong with what was being taught as truth.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#495790 Nov 29, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
June changes her tune.
You have to be more specific. What tune???

I don't believe that the Jews preached truth any more or less than any other group of believers.

Since I left religion ... I've always made that belief plain that I have no USE for any religion.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#495791 Nov 29, 2013
Pope Francis reflected on the End times, saying that faith will be increasingly pushed out of the public square and the persecution of Christians is a "prophecy of what is to come". And he warned of "worldly temptation to keep religion private"

At Mass this morning the Pontiff reflected on the first reading where Daniel is thrown in the lions den for praying to God, while the Gospel (at this mass) recalled Jesus' description of the end of days.(luke 21: 20-28)

Speaking on the final battle described by Jesus, the Pope said that there is an underlying temptation that will be faced by all which he called "the universal temptation"; the desecration of the temple; the desecration of the faith.
"what does this mean? It will be like the triumph of the prince of this world (Satan): the defeat of God. It seems that in the final moment of calamity, he will take possession of this world; that he will be the master of this world." He said.

"Religion cannot be spoken of, it is something private, no? Publicly it is not spoken about. The religious signs are taken down. Now the laws of the worldly powers must be obeyed. You can do so many beautiful things, except adore God. Worship is prohibited" Said the Pope.
(pay attention June) He went on to say:
"This is the center of the End. And when this arrives in its fullness -to the 'kairos' of this pagan attitude, when this is fulfilled- and yes, He will come':'AND they will see the Son of man come on a cloud with great power and glory.' Christians who have suffered in times of persecution, in times of the prohibition of worship are a prophecy of that which will happen to all"

Concluding his homily, Pope Francis called on the faithful to be loyal and patient. "The times of persecution means that Jesus Christ is near.
This week it will do us well to think of this general apostasy, which is called the prohibition of adoration and ask ourselves,'Do i adore the Lord? Do I adore Jesus Christ the Lord? Or is it half and half, do i play the play of the prince of this world"

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#495792 Nov 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Studying means to admit "not knowing."

But first you will have to humble your self and admit that you don't know what can't by intellect can't BE known.
U prove me right on your EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE to my posts!!! I responded to another poster's question by saying that "I don't know and I have to study up on the subject" and this (up above) is how U responded?!..I told ya...I TOLD YA that U have NO comprehension skills!!!!!!!! U're just relieving hot farts out of your mouth that can't blow out of your ASS!!!...pardon my French!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#495793 Nov 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
Pope Francis reflected on the End times, saying that faith will be increasingly pushed out of the public square and the persecution of Christians is a "prophecy of what is to come". And he warned of "worldly temptation to keep religion private"
At Mass this morning the Pontiff reflected on the first reading where Daniel is thrown in the lions den for praying to God, while the Gospel (at this mass) recalled Jesus' description of the end of days.(luke 21: 20-28)
Speaking on the final battle described by Jesus, the Pope said that there is an underlying temptation that will be faced by all which he called "the universal temptation"; the desecration of the temple; the desecration of the faith.
"what does this mean? It will be like the triumph of the prince of this world (Satan): the defeat of God. It seems that in the final moment of calamity, he will take possession of this world; that he will be the master of this world." He said.
"Religion cannot be spoken of, it is something private, no? Publicly it is not spoken about. The religious signs are taken down. Now the laws of the worldly powers must be obeyed. You can do so many beautiful things, except adore God. Worship is prohibited" Said the Pope.
(pay attention June) He went on to say:
"This is the center of the End. And when this arrives in its fullness -to the 'kairos' of this pagan attitude, when this is fulfilled- and yes, He will come':'AND they will see the Son of man come on a cloud with great power and glory.' Christians who have suffered in times of persecution, in times of the prohibition of worship are a prophecy of that which will happen to all"
Concluding his homily, Pope Francis called on the faithful to be loyal and patient. "The times of persecution means that Jesus Christ is near.
This week it will do us well to think of this general apostasy, which is called the prohibition of adoration and ask ourselves,'Do i adore the Lord? Do I adore Jesus Christ the Lord? Or is it half and half, do i play the play of the prince of this world"
So why is it CAtholics on this board ..have told us,...me..we,are wrong on the,End times,..it already happened in 70Ad .

The pope is correct Here ...

You folks,sorry think we are,wrong on everything ..

There,are many end TIMR,signs ..does,that mean 2 year ..20 year, we don't know ..And no one claims,to here

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#495794 Nov 29, 2013
Liam wrote:
Pope Francis reflected on the End times, saying that faith will be increasingly pushed out of the public square and the persecution of Christians is a "prophecy of what is to come". And he warned of "worldly temptation to keep religion private"
At Mass this morning the Pontiff reflected on the first reading where Daniel is thrown in the lions den for praying to God, while the Gospel (at this mass) recalled Jesus' description of the end of days.(luke 21: 20-28)
Speaking on the final battle described by Jesus, the Pope said that there is an underlying temptation that will be faced by all which he called "the universal temptation"; the desecration of the temple; the desecration of the faith.
"what does this mean? It will be like the triumph of the prince of this world (Satan): the defeat of God. It seems that in the final moment of calamity, he will take possession of this world; that he will be the master of this world." He said.
"Religion cannot be spoken of, it is something private, no? Publicly it is not spoken about. The religious signs are taken down. Now the laws of the worldly powers must be obeyed. You can do so many beautiful things, except adore God. Worship is prohibited" Said the Pope.
(pay attention June) He went on to say:
"This is the center of the End. And when this arrives in its fullness -to the 'kairos' of this pagan attitude, when this is fulfilled- and yes, He will come':'AND they will see the Son of man come on a cloud with great power and glory.' Christians who have suffered in times of persecution, in times of the prohibition of worship are a prophecy of that which will happen to all"
Concluding his homily, Pope Francis called on the faithful to be loyal and patient. "The times of persecution means that Jesus Christ is near.
This week it will do us well to think of this general apostasy, which is called the prohibition of adoration and ask ourselves,'Do i adore the Lord? Do I adore Jesus Christ the Lord? Or is it half and half, do i play the play of the prince of this world"
Wait ..was HE saying to be private or THE TEMPTATION.Will be to be,quiet ..It sounded like the latter ...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#495795 Nov 29, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha!!! Yeeeaah!..Bible Codes!!..such a pseudoscience buuut worth marvelling at because of its "mysteriousness"!
Not mysterious at all, goofy.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#495796 Nov 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be more specific. What tune???
I don't believe that the Jews preached truth any more or less than any other group of believers.
Since I left religion ... I've always made that belief plain that I have no USE for any religion.
You know exactly what I mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Joyful8118 854,866
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min Peace_Warrior 612,620
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min USawarringIdiotSo... 177,176
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 53 min razz58 2,635
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 40,709
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,144
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 1 hr andet1987 29
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr ChristINSANITY is... 1,010
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 272,084
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr juts fooky 444,338
More from around the web