Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699363 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#495050 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...what, do you think she hasn't said that very same thing to me and every other Catholic here many times before?
We're not so precious as to blow our stacks out of all proportion and nail her to a cross because of it. We're not that cruel. Or that proud.
Straighten your crown, it's cockeyed.
:)
Right...shall I dig up some of the oldies but goodies posts??

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#495051 Nov 26, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>...are sick and possibly infested with demons.
Demons!? Seriously? HA!WOW!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#495052 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>puck out? lol I pray to the same God as you do and by the way I go straight to God himself...( I get that from my protestant days)
Lol. PICK OUT the,sinners,and,saints,in a nursing home,.

And,I know,you pray to GOD,as,do.I...

Location hidden

#495053 Nov 26, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who nick is, nor do I care. I had no idea he is sick. go find a hobby or maybe go bathe, your stench of hatred is really strong.
oppssss you must have read one of reginas old post when she told nick and me that she felt so dirty reading our post that she felt like taking a shower...must be a catholic thingy

Location hidden

#495054 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
As you continue personally insulting and abusing me......
Thanks for answering my question! It was exactly what I expected you to say!!
your welcome old pure one

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#495055 Nov 26, 2013
“It’s not just those who bomb churches and kill Catholics in the Middle East who are our antagonists, but it’s also those who restrict our religious freedoms and want to close down our embassy to the Holy See,” he said in the National Catholic Reporter.“[There’s no] diplomatic or political benefit to the United States” from the relocation at all, he added.

ME; THERE IS NO POLITICAL BENEFIT FOR US TO HAVE DIPLOMATIC RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE VATICAN AND IT IS AGAINST OUR CONSTITUTION ALSO.

THE VATICAN IS MADE UP OF PEDOPHILES AND PROBABLY A BUNCH OF HOMOSEXUALS NUNS TO GO WITH IT.THEREFORE IT IS NOT A NATION.

I APPLAUD OBAMA IF HE GOES THRU WITH THIS AGREEMENT.

Catholic Vote, a publication for the Church community, called the move “an unmistakable slap in the face” that clearly communicates that the United States cares little for the diplomatic facility.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

Location hidden

#495056 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, for heaven's sake, calm down. It's actually you who is starting something now. Marge's remark doesn't offend us because we believe she's wrong. So there's no reason for us to make a big deal out of it and start berating her and telling her she's a nobody (yes, that's where this all started, with "someone" yelling at her like a shrew and telling her she's a nobody).
It's best if you just leave things alone.
Have a nice Thanksgiving!
it doesn't offen you because it was not said to YOU AND YOUR NOT A SUFFERING SICK PERSON...YOU are the main reason I turned against the Catholic church. YOU....

Location hidden

#495057 Nov 26, 2013
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Demons!? Seriously? HA!WOW!
yes I am infested with the ANTI CATHOLIC DEMON..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495058 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, for heaven's sake, calm down. It's actually you who is starting something now. Marge's remark doesn't offend us because we believe she's wrong. So there's no reason for us to make a big deal out of it and start berating her and telling her she's a nobody (yes, that's where this all started, with "someone" yelling at her like a shrew and telling her she's a nobody).
Reread your post for the evening Regina,..please,..

I berated no one......But her logic is,flawed ..And,I answered
Politely..I think ...it's,poor theology IMO ....And our beliefs,are,similar on some things,..not on this,..

..however I did say you should not have brought up.an argument where,we all made peace last night ...IMO.

WHO OF US NEEDS,TO TAKE hatred like this,to our family dinner ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#495059 Nov 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
That don't mean I don't love her.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#495060 Nov 26, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I will always think praying to Mary and the Saints is a sin and sin does cause suffering.
==========

Marge
I dont care. This is not about what you believe.That was not the problem.Just please never work with cancer patients, people with terminal illness,or any hospital. I know Regina will back your right to state your beliefs, but please just consider this.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#495061 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The cherry on the cake from the person who, after apologies and forgiveness started it all up again
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#495062 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>it doesn't offen you because it was not said to YOU AND YOUR NOT A SUFFERING SICK PERSON...YOU are the main reason I turned against the Catholic church. YOU....
LOL....you're going to have to come up with a better one than that. We hadn't posted here for months when YOU had YOUR little hissy fit and called the Church an abortion....As I recall, you blamed that one on Clay.

Face it, you're just a hater. Again, I'm sorry for you. I truly do pity you, Sera, and hope you learn to control yourself at some point.

Now, I've had enough of this childishness. Good night!

Location hidden

#495063 Nov 26, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Marge
I dont care. This is not about what you believe.That was not the problem.Just please never work with cancer patients, people with terminal illness,or any hospital. I know Regina will back your right to state your beliefs, but please just consider this.
She would be great working the phones at a crisis center...but hey,she has a right to her opinion lol
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#495064 Nov 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So in YOUR opinion ...based on this,..what IF the,priest is,an unrepentant sinner ??
Calls,God to thE,altar and partake,himself ....
Anthony MN wrote:

Right. And it's not by the priest's power that the bread and wine are transformed.

I showed him that he may be in error. St. Alphonsus De Liguori listed the powers of the priest...

http://www.lightministries.com/id606.htm

"Were the Redeemer to descend into a church, and sit in a confessional to administer the sacrament of penance, and a priest to sit in a confessional, Jesus would say over each penitent:'Ego te absolvo,' the priest would likewise say over each of his penitents,'Ego te absolvo,' and the penitents of each would be equally absolved." St. Alphonsus De Liguori, in The Dignity of the Priesthood, p. 34.

Do you believe any priest has this power?
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#495065 Nov 26, 2013
The Catholic Priest Has Power to Create His Creator!

"...the power of the priest is the power of the divine person; for the transubstantiation of the bread requires as much power as the creation of the world....thus the priest may be called the creator of the Creator..." St. Alphonsus De Liguori, in The Dignity of the Priesthood, p 33.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#495066 Nov 26, 2013
The Catholic Priest is Another Christ!

"A priest is truly another Christ living and walking on earth. He takes Christ's place, represents his person, acts in his name and exercises his authority."

St. John Eudes,(quoted in "Living With the Heart", Pastoral Letter of Bishop François Thibodeau, Eudist, Bishop of Edmundston for the Feast of Pentecost, June 3, 2001 and the Four Hundredeth Anniversary of the Birth of Saint John Eudes (Nov. 14, 1601).

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=c ache:GCm0IlF_wsEJ:www.diocese- edmundston.ca/bishop-francois- thibodeau/pastoral-letters/pas toral.letter.pentecost2001.pdf +true-christians+members+churc h+john-eudes&hl=en
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#495067 Nov 26, 2013
Without the Catholic Priest You Will Have NO Salvation, But Will Go to Hell

"Let them (those separate from the Catholic Church) not think that the way of life or salvation exists for them, if they have refused to obey the bishops and priests...For they cannot live outside, since there is only one house of God, and there can be no salvation for anyone except in the Church." St. Cyprian: "Letters 61:4".
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#495068 Nov 26, 2013
Protestants are lost...

"Through priests, God communicates His grace to the faithful in the Sacraments.

In a word, without priests, we cannot be saved!" St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori,(quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 5: "The Book of Obedience", Chapter 3: "The Sacraments Administered by the Priests Are Necessary for the Salvation of All Mankind").

Location hidden

#495069 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....you're going to have to come up with a better one than that. We hadn't posted here for months when YOU had YOUR little hissy fit and called the Church an abortion....As I recall, you blamed that one on Clay.
Face it, you're just a hater. Again, I'm sorry for you. I truly do pity you, Sera, and hope you learn to control yourself at some point.
Now, I've had enough of this childishness. Good night!
You would find this funny wouldn't you...this is not about what I said about the catholic church..It is about what marge said about nicks illness.period.Dont pity me regina pity yourself...ohh I get it now...preston was right. You are using what marge said to attack me and nick for something else...as I said, go pity yourselve...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Big Al 995,015
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Peter Ross 447,379
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Canary Cohen Sings 71,517
staceygstring 2 hr night machine 1
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 2 hr Doctor REALITY 6
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 4 hr Joe Fortuna 76
You UGLY..MURDERER! you ugly AZZ..MURDERER!! 5 hr Doctor REALITY 1