Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675907 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494960 Nov 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that will be impossible for all of them. But if the Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox do, that'll be a significant event.
The old calendars will stand firm in Orthodoxy unlike the new calendars
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494961 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Nick and I are two different people..In my "protestant days" I never once thought about the Catholic Church nor ever cared to learn about it. It wasn't until I became Orthodox that I started to compare the two churches and I found the Catholic Church to be full of (u can fill in the blank)
Don't you dare complain about what others post. You are an extremely intolerant narrow minded *itch.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#494962 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The old calendars will stand firm in Orthodoxy unlike the new calendars
What does that mean?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#494963 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>The old calendars will stand firm in Orthodoxy unlike the new calendars
I know you didn't come up with that on your own. What blog or forum did you copy that from?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#494964 Nov 26, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you dare complain about what others post. You are an extremely intolerant narrow minded *itch.
~~~

YOU WROTE

You are an extremely intolerant narrow minded *itch.

THE BIBLE SPEAKS IF THOSE THAT *ITCH..

2Ti_4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,

having *itching ears;

YOUR CONVERSATION MUST BE MADE FROM SCRATCH...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#494965 Nov 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that mean?
Look at the bright side...at least she's not saying your remarks are "impermeable" anymore, LOL!
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494966 Nov 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
2Ti_4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,
having *itching ears;
Well, you are as intolerant as Sera. who knew. LOL.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#494967 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>If you would take the time to read carefully I said that I compared the two churches once I became Orthodox...I never heard one word good or bad coming from our priest about the catholic church. If you think you are insulting me with your protestant remarks, your not.
Not trying to insult you at all, just trying to get at the root of your animosity.

I did read what you wrote;

"It wasn't until I became Orthodox that I started to compare the two churches and I found the Catholic Church to be full of (u can fill in the blank)"

I'm just curious as to who or what convinced you that the Catholic Church was full of it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#494968 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Once I became Orthodox I saw what the Church was before 1054 and I saw what the Catholic and Orthodox church was after 1054 and the Orthodox church remain the same as for the Catholic church made changes..
What do you consider "changes"? How long have you been Orthodox?
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#494969 Nov 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that mean?
It sounds like she's claiming to be an Old Calendarist, but I'm not sure she knows what it means.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#494970 Nov 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
I don't follow Adrian Rogers, a false teacher.
I follow the Word of God which is enough for my salvation.
Adrian Rogers helped more people get saved in his lifetime than you could possibly know or comprehend. You call him a false teacher. In doing so you are calling the Lord Jesus Christ a false teacher because Adrian Rogers preached and taught out of the word of God.

Are the following verses Biblical? If so, what do they mean to you? Please explain.

Romans 8:38-39, 38 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Hebrews 10:14, "For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."

Philippians 1:6, "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

Romans 8:29, "For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."

II Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

John 5:24, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

John 17:9, "I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours."

John 17:15, " I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one."

John 17:20 "“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,"

John 11:42, "I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me."

Hebrews 7:25, "Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494971 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's cease with the pretensions Rose, I know what you're referring to. You think a protestant minister who sins and repents is sincere while a priest who sins and repents is not. If you had a fraction the facts on the abuse scandal you wouldn't be asking these kind of questions. I'll pretend for a moment that you can put aside your bias and your questions are sincere:
1128 This is the meaning of the Church's affirmation49 that the sacraments act ex opere operato (literally: "by the very fact of the action's being performed"), i.e., by virtue of the saving work of Christ, accomplished once for all. It follows that "the sacrament is not wrought by the righteousness of either the celebrant or the recipient, but by the power of God."50 From the moment that a sacrament is celebrated in accordance with the intention of the Church, the power of Christ and his Spirit acts in and through it, independently of the personal holiness of the minister. Nevertheless, the fruits of the sacraments also depend on the disposition of the one who receives them.
There,you go assuming again . It was not a trick question ..

Ok say a,priest or a minister is,committing CONTINUING SIN ..can we,assume,neither is,repentant,.And,for the,record each is,equally guilty as,far as I'm.concerned,...

We,are,ALL GUILTY or else we did not nerd Jesus to die,....But again talking about clergy ..

However the,minister is,not claiming a Change in bread and,wine,..
What you are,saying is,the change,takes,place regardless,of the,priest and His,condition....

That was,the answer to the,question..thanks,
So the priest is,blessed by performing mass,and communion ..But the,recipient isn't having the,same blessing in he,same,state,.

And yes,I KNOW,we,are,to repent sin .......before communion .

Ok thanks. I was REALLY CURIOUS,.

Now,supposedly the,Pope is,picked ny the leading of the HOLY Spirit .. by we know not ALL POPES,are not picked by politics .

For the,longest TIme the Italian s,had it sewn up..
Some,worthy ..some not ...would those,POPES,be valid giving dogma.
Someone said today we don't ask

Then if I ask ..You think I shouldn't ...

Anyway peace ...have a,most joyous,holidays

Location hidden

#494972 Nov 26, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you didn't come up with that on your own. What blog or forum did you copy that from?
I copied nothing.. this comes from my friends who are old calendarist...you think you know everything don't you...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#494973 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
He has revealed enough truth that if we believe we will not go to hell but will spend eternity with Him. GUARANTEED!!!!!
What more truth do we need?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to know who He revealed it to.
Read Revelation 22:17, "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And WHOSOEVER WILL, let him take the water of life freely."

The "WHOSOEVER WILL"!
truth

Perth, Australia

#494974 Nov 26, 2013
People tribe nations liked symbols ..yee inlude birds and chickens.

I say to you..you need understood to understand.

Looks fun funny for others but in reality history as past today maybe future are full of that.

Location hidden

#494975 Nov 26, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you dare complain about what others post. You are an extremely intolerant narrow minded *itch.
I have a right to be here and a right to post my opinions lol

Location hidden

#494976 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you consider "changes"? How long have you been Orthodox?
what? Do you think I have to be 2,000 years old to figure out truth from lies?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494977 Nov 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
having *itching ears;
And wht sera said was okay? LOL.
truth

Perth, Australia

#494978 Nov 26, 2013
john 5;24
To past from death to life..yee i hear this morning voice i am this..yee he mention who..yee i see in newspaper that person died..yee..i can hear.
Thanks!
What you need from me?
If you listen every day per day thousands or millions voice what you will do!

Are you going fill tired?
In human form yes.

Location hidden

#494979 Nov 26, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Ditto

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min ROCCO 110,676
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min Student 46,201
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Drumpf Disaster 253
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr Marie 478
Why does shopping feel so good? 1 hr humble brother 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaaasuuuup brother 982,119
----*PUBLIC REBUKE to: --TV Preachers, POPE---- 2 hr stirringYTube 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,773
More from around the web