Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 659007 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#494935 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's cease with the pretensions Rose, I know what you're referring to. You think a protestant minister who sins and repents is sincere while a priest who sins and repents is not. If you had a fraction the facts on the abuse scandal you wouldn't be asking these kind of questions. I'll pretend for a moment that you can put aside your bias and your questions are sincere:
1128 This is the meaning of the Church's affirmation49 that the sacraments act ex opere operato (literally: "by the very fact of the action's being performed"), i.e., by virtue of the saving work of Christ, accomplished once for all. It follows that "the sacrament is not wrought by the righteousness of either the celebrant or the recipient, but by the power of God."50 From the moment that a sacrament is celebrated in accordance with the intention of the Church, the power of Christ and his Spirit acts in and through it, independently of the personal holiness of the minister. Nevertheless, the fruits of the sacraments also depend on the disposition of the one who receives them.
To A born again Christian the Bible says.

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

to those that have a historical religion...

HE MUST DO HIS -->FIRST WORKS...

HE MUST BE BORN AGAIN

TIL HE IS BORN AGAIN HE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN

JESUS SAID

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:

--> repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Catholic Girl

United States

#494936 Nov 26, 2013
Apatheist, check out your local food pantry in your county. I'm sure they could use your help or a few canned goods or other non perishable foods. Also remember bath soap, toothpaste/brushes, personal hygiene items.

Sounds like your heart is in the right place. Best of luck to you and hope you enjoy your thanksgiving dinner.
Catholic Girl

United States

#494937 Nov 26, 2013
Try asking your Guarding Angel to guide you. He's always by your side.
have you ever taken a fall, which usually feels like you are moving in slow motion and you can actually feel as if a hand has you cupped and lets you down easy? I have and I atribute this to my guarding angel.
You unbelievers, you just got to believe. Your lives would probably be alot better for it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494938 Nov 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Is pleading for a convert part of your quota requirements?
Or do you think you are so much better that pleading with another provides you comfort for yourself?
This is how you sound:
"Please Rose, investigate the religion before you step into a church again, so you can see and understand that no religion - in any part of the world - will make you a better person."
What you post seems to be "all about you."
*sighs*
Funny - you will promote Self, but reject it with every chance you get.
I myself ..say to June,herself ..to open her heart to the,Lord.

Self so what ...You And,SELF need a cruise ....

No quota,..I myself ..am mire content having FAITH..in the,Lord .

I myself think Both June,and,Michael themselves are confusing the
Disappointment with RELIGION ..with a,CHURCH OR PRIEST ...with the,Love offered by God ...which is manifest in the,SELFLESS sacrifice of Jesus,..

Each if us,answer s for ourselves .to believe or not
..But our,Sins,went to the,CROSS WITH HIM....if we stand before God we are represented by ourSelves or by Jesus,

For myself I choose Jesus as on my own SELF ...I'm not worthy .

?????.happy ??????

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#494939 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Apatheist, check out your local food pantry in your county. I'm sure they could use your help or a few canned goods or other non perishable foods. Also remember bath soap, toothpaste/brushes, personal hygiene items.
Sounds like your heart is in the right place. Best of luck to you and hope you enjoy your thanksgiving dinner.
*laugh* If you only knew. CG, I know where to go to give help, trust me on that. Happy thanksgiving to you as well.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#494940 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
These non believers are truly unbelievable. They keep trying to turn us believers to the dark side. Fr. Jarboe during one of his homilies warned us to not dabble in the dark side, he stated it's very strong, much stronger than us.
Good will prevail....St. Michael the Archangel, protect us..
~~~

QUESTION...JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT...

AFTER A CERTAIN AGE DOES A FRYER...BECOME A BROILER?

WHAT DOES ST MICHAEL HAVE TO DO WITH A CHICKEN FARM?

OR DO THEY REMAIN A SPRING CHICKEN?

JESUS NEVER SAID ANY THING ABOUT FRYERS OR BROILERS..
At least i have never read where he did...

If he did would you produce a book chapter and verse

so I can be enlightened?.
Just Sayin

Mount Juliet, TN

#494941 Nov 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't want to know the truth>
I bring the news that catholics need to know, but its the news they don't want to know.
If you were really concerned with that, then you should present your "news" in a way that actually helps you appear like a credible, reputable source instead of just another faceless poster on a chat thread with some kind of gripe about something they don't understand.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#494942 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
actually feel as if a hand has you cupped
I hope my guardian angel is a female then. Otherwise that's just weird.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494943 Nov 26, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is the Church of Christ.'Catholic' means universal. The Churches of Christ number 23 and soon will include the Eastern Orthodox Churches who were once a part of the Universal Church. The Bible is the product of the sacred traditions and hierarchy of the Church. It didn't come before the Church, it came after. Your elders assumed the opposite. They didn't realize the Church of Christ name was already taken. It was a blunder and there is no need to pretend otherwise.
Not the whole Orthodox church bubba..

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#494944 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of your salvation came from you. REJOICE....you have a God who will not treat you like the ignorant theology you believe. Can you read black print on white paper??????????
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers
to bad that you cant talk about a doctrine on your own and have to use spam to try and prove a false doctrine is true

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#494945 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Try asking your Guarding Angel to guide you. He's always by your side.
have you ever taken a fall, which usually feels like you are moving in slow motion and you can actually feel as if a hand has you cupped and lets you down easy? I have and I atribute this to my guarding angel.
You unbelievers, you just got to believe. Your lives would probably be alot better for it.
if these pagans aren't trying to get us to pray vain repetitions contrary to what Jesus clearly taught, they're trying to get us to pray to idols/demons instead of to God, contrary to the first commandment!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#494946 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
He has revealed enough truth that if we believe we will not go to hell but will spend eternity with Him. GUARANTEED!!!!!
What more truth do we need?
We need to know who He revealed it to.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494947 Nov 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.
Even Nick appreciated what the nuns told him. Still carrying a lot of resentment from your protestant days eh?
Nick and I are two different people..In my "protestant days" I never once thought about the Catholic Church nor ever cared to learn about it. It wasn't until I became Orthodox that I started to compare the two churches and I found the Catholic Church to be full of (u can fill in the blank)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#494948 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of your salvation came from you. REJOICE....you have a God who will not treat you like the ignorant theology you believe. Can you read black print on white paper??????????
ETERNAL SECURITY
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:38-39) Neither death nor anything that happens after death, or anything that happens while you're living can separate you from God's love. If there were no other verse in the Bible that deals with eternal security, this one covers the base.
2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.
3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
Being confident of this very thing, that He [God] which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.(Philippians 1:6) Let me tell you what the Holy Spirit of God does for your salvation. First, He convicted you of sin. Second, He converted you. And the Convictor and the Converter is also the Completer. If God fails to finish what He's begun God has failed and He cannot fail.
4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
For whom He [God] did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.(Romans 8:29) God saw you before this world was put in space. He saw you repent of your sin and ask Jesus to save you. And when God saw that, not only did He foreknow it, but also He predestinated it. If it is settled in eternity how can it be undone in time?
5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17) You are in Christ just like Noah was in the ark. The ark was a picture of Jesus and when Noah went into that ark God shut the door. Noah may have fallen down a lot of times in that ark, but he never fell out of it. Your security is not in a place, it is in a Person and His name is Jesus. And if you're in Jesus, you're secure and if you're not in Jesus you're not secure.
6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was it wasn't everlasting.
7. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING FOR YOU
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.(John 17:9) Jesus also prayed: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:15, 20). Say your name in that verse because Jesus prayed for you! Has Jesus ever prayed a prayer that wasn't answered? No, not one (see John 11:42 and Hebrews 7:25).
OldJG,

Why in the world do you want to follow Adrian Rogers, a false teacher???
Catholic Girl

United States

#494949 Nov 26, 2013
Really nice to see believers on this blog. Like a breath of fresh air. Nice.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#494950 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of your salvation came from you or did you earn?
Can you read BLACK PRINT on WHITE PAPER???
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers former pastor of a congregation that exceeded 30,000 souls who passed away 2005.
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:38-39) Neither death nor anything that happens after death, or anything that happens while you're living can separate you from God's love. If there were no other verse in the Bible that deals with eternal security, this one covers the base.
2. WHEN YOU ARE SAVED YOU ARE MADE PERFECT FOREVER
Because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.(Hebrews 10:14) When Jesus died on the cross, He saved you forever. Jesus offered one sacrifice for sin forever. If you ever lost your salvation, in order for you to be saved again, Jesus would have to die again. By one offering He has perfected forever those who were sanctified.
3. OUR LORD ALWAYS FINISHES WHAT HE BEGINS
Being confident of this very thing, that He [God] which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.(Philippians 1:6) Let me tell you what the Holy Spirit of God does for your salvation. First, He convicted you of sin. Second, He converted you. And the Convictor and the Converter is also the Completer. If God fails to finish what He's begun God has failed and He cannot fail.
4. YOU ARE PREDESTINED TO BE LIKE JESUS
For whom He [God] did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.(Romans 8:29) God saw you before this world was put in space. He saw you repent of your sin and ask Jesus to save you. And when God saw that, not only did He foreknow it, but also He predestinated it. If it is settled in eternity how can it be undone in time?
5. YOU ARE IN CHRIST
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.(2 Corinthians 5:17) You are in Christ just like Noah was in the ark. The ark was a picture of Jesus and when Noah went into that ark God shut the door. Noah may have fallen down a lot of times in that ark, but he never fell out of it. Your security is not in a place, it is in a Person and His name is Jesus. And if you're in Jesus, you're secure and if you're not in Jesus you're not secure.
6. YOU ALREADY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was it wasn't everlasting.
7. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS EVER INTERCEDING FOR YOU
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.(John 17:9) Jesus also prayed: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil...Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:15, 20). Say your name in that verse because Jesus prayed for you! Has Jesus ever prayed a prayer that wasn't answered? No, not one (see John 11:42 and Hebrews 7:25).
OldJG,

I don't follow Adrian Rogers, a false teacher.

I follow the Word of God which is enough for my salvation.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#494951 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of your salvation came from you or did you earn?
Can you read BLACK PRINT on WHITE PAPER???
ETERNAL SECURITY
whats the matter, cant you respond by using your own words?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#494952 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Nick and I are two different people..In my "protestant days" I never once thought about the Catholic Church nor ever cared to learn about it. It wasn't until I became Orthodox that I started to compare the two churches and I found the Catholic Church to be full of (u can fill in the blank)
The Orthodox Church taught you that the Catholic Church is full of it?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494953 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
not in NY, this is where server is located. I'm a few states lower on east coast. yep, thankful for all this new technology, although it's a struggle to keep up to date with this stuff for anyone over the age of 60.
Take care RoSesz, happy thanksgiving.
You too.

Before I remembered how,I used to sign in ..I was,posting like,you are .
One day I was,in France ...then Seattle..then Carolina,..I was hopping all over . Lol
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#494954 Nov 26, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Not the whole Orthodox church bubba..
I suppose that will be impossible for all of them. But if the Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox do, that'll be a significant event.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex for money URGENT--no to scam please 1 min bella_ 1
I'll always love you, Bowy...4REAL 13 min Doctor REALITY 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 20 min Poppyann 3,054
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min MUQ2 71,226
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 53 min jane 103
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 5,101
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr River Tam 974,884
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 283,045
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 6 hr Fit2Serve 298
More from around the web