Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#494811 Nov 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sons of God do not interpret His Word...so says the Bible!!!
The bible "SAYS" whatever you personally WILL it to "say."

Martin Luther learned that TRICK, when he used the same book for Catholicism as he did for Protestantism.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494812 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Human Beings are born not hatched.
Then why did you write that you thought I was hatched?

To your self-perceived highness, am I NOT a human being?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#494813 Nov 26, 2013
Matthew 24
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#494814 Nov 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
SELF!
:)
That's right - now you are beginning to understand.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494815 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Just PRAY....
I suggest you be careful for what you pray.

Wiccan witches believe they can bring down the power of the goddess from the moon into their selves.

And then I suggest that where they go from there is simply to coo-coo land?

Nuttier than fruitcakes ... dancing around the flames, baying at the moon ... compared to packs of wild dogs.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#494816 Nov 26, 2013
Matthew 25
Matthew 25
King James Version (KJV)

25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494817 Nov 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix says you have posted over 65,000 times since sept 09. I think that is 1 a minute, 24 hours a day for 4.2 years.
Congratulations you are now in the Guiness book of records.
Hahahahahaha

I relate to the words of John Diefenbaker.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

I have never seen so many words chasing one idea in such a way that nobody knows what the idea was.

John Diefenbaker

Chilliwack, Canada

#494818 Nov 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When Muslims and Jews pray, do their prayers count, or do you have to be a christian?
I whole LOT depends on who's answering your question.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#494819 Nov 26, 2013
Matthew 5

Love for Enemies
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494820 Nov 26, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The catholic church is the biggest deceiver of mankind
Yet you USE the very anti-Semitic words from the new testament that nobody other than Catholics wrote, and you refuse to see your own ignorance.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#494822 Nov 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I whole LOT depends on who's answering your question.
"NO", It all depends on who you are praying too, so you will get the right answer to your questions.

wow satan has really got you by the tail and he is whipping you every way but loose.
Sad part you don't even know it.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494823 Nov 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I love to see people recieving Christ as Lord and Savior, I am not under the delusion that it is me who has changed them.
OH PLEASE!!!

If you didn't place high value on your own sermons, you would be on the forum PREACHING.

Arrogance is the ongoing game of the religious name.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494824 Nov 26, 2013
wouldn't be
OldJG

Barrington, IL

#494825 Nov 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this attitude that marge and you both posses is EXACTLY WHY CHRISTIANS STAND AGAINST OSAS.
you are insinuating that because she is Born Again(which I sincerely doubt) she doesn't have to repent any more after she was Saved. and that is contrary to the Word of God. as it si written, the Soul that sinneth shall surely die.
it is better that she hears it now rather that at God's judgement seat and find out that she is lost forever.
as for forgiveness, it isn't up to me when she sins against God, and she did according to the words of Jesus.
and since the sin was not against me, I have no duty to render forgiveness, and if you were a Christian, you would understand that. I do!
she sinned against God and them, Nick forgave her. that settles it as far as I am concerned. the repentance between her and God needs to be addressed by her, not you.
You said, quote, "this attitude that marge and you both posses is EXACTLY WHY CHRISTIANS STAND AGAINST OSAS." End quote.

Christians do not stand against "Eternal Security". True Christians REJOICE in it.

According to your theology marge has sinned and has now lost her salvation. Your theology says if she repents her salvation is restored. What part of her salvation did marge earn that she can somehow lose? That being said, when you sin, and yes atemcowboy, you do sin, do you always repent? Be careful before you answer yes to that question. There are times we sin and do not realize we have sinned. So I will ask you once again, do you always repent when you sin?

You said, quote, "you are insinuating that because she is Born Again(which I sincerely doubt) she doesn't have to repent any more after she was Saved. and that is contrary to the Word of God. as it si written, the Soul that sinneth shall surely die." End quote.

I NEVER said she does not need to repent. I NEVER said she did not have to seek forgiveness. I said WE are to forgive her if she seeks forgiveness or not. A repentant heart that loves the Lord will seek forgiveness just as King David did.

As for your quote from the Word of God, I will ask if the Word of God applies to you? Have you judged her? Are your actions any less self-righteous than hers?

You said, quote, "it is better that she hears it now rather that at God's judgement seat and find out that she is lost forever." End quote.

All believers will appear at the Judgement Seat of Christ in heaven, not on earth.

I Thessalonians 4:16-17, "16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord FOREVER."

Romans 14:10, "So why do you condemn another BELIEVER? Why do you look down on another BELIEVER? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God."

The GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT is on earth for NON-BELIEVERS. If marge is saved she will be judged at the Judgement Seat of Christ not the Great White Throne judgement.

Revelation 20:11-15, 11 "Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494826 Nov 26, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when I posted this reply, I had not read any apology by marge to sera and nick.
hopefully marge has learned something from this and it is clear that we are not to issue words to hurt people.
but this doesn't mean that we are to remain silent over false teachings, nor will I.
later, going to the auction.
Enjoy and,:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494827 Nov 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I love to see people recieving Christ as Lord and Savior, I am not under the delusion that it is me who has changed them.
It is the Holy Spirit who has started a good works in a person;
and will perfect it till the "GREAT DAY OF THE LORD",
It is God Almighty that plows up hollow ground, and plants seed of faith in a persons heart.
One plants, one waters, one reaps the harvest.
Exactly,...And on here I pray any one,searching picks,one of out better days
Catholic Girl

United States

#494828 Nov 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Posters claim they have prayed for me. I haven't seen any change yet, I am still the same good natured person I was when I came on this forum.
When Muslims and Jews pray, do their prayers count, or do you have to be a christian?
All prayers count. the issue is you may not truly believe. You gots to believe for things to work.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494829 Nov 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When you factor in that 75% of mankind does not follow the teachings of the bible what would you expect?
I suggest that the Jews that compiled the data in the old testament were already pulling away from earlier teachings of Judaism.

Many of the gnostic groups were Jews before the word Christian ever man-I-fested itself into the minds of the early Catholics.

Splinter groups arose here and there, but never came to such power as did Catholicism, when the emperor Constantine gave the Catholics total control over all other religions in the empire.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#494830 Nov 26, 2013
What is Christian tolerance? Should Christians be tolerant of other religious beliefs?
The original definition of tolerance and the way in which the word is used now are quite different. Originally, tolerance meant to acknowledge that others have differing beliefs and accept that it is their right to do so. In this way, Christians are to absolutely be tolerant. Recently, tolerance has come to mean accepting that those other beliefs are true—something Christians absolutely cannot do.
The Bible is specific that we should expect others to have different beliefs about God. Galatians 4:8 says that those who don't know the true God are slaves to what are not gods. Romans 1:18-25 explains that although God has given evidence of His nature in creation, many will refuse to believe what their eyes tell them. And Luke 10:21-22 says that on occasion, it is to God's purpose that people do not see Him; God often closes the eyes of those who in pride rely on their wits to find Him instead of in humility seek Him with their hearts.
Christians are to tolerate others when they have different beliefs about God. But are we to expect tolerance in return? Luke 6:22 says we are blessed when others reject us because we follow Christ. John 15:18 says that when the world hates us, we need to remember they do so because they hated Christ first. It is foolish to expect tolerance from others toward our Christian beliefs, even if they demand tolerance for their own. God has told us clearly: we will not get it.
But God has also told Christians what our response should be when we are faced with intolerance. Matthew 5:43-48 says we are to love our enemies and pray for them. Romans 12:20 says we are to provide for them. We do not play by the world's rules. We do not respond to intolerance with fear and hate. Instead, we express the love of Christ in us.
Unfortunately, the world no longer defines "tolerance" as acknowledgement that others have a differing belief. It has come to mean full acceptance of those beliefs. Of course this definition makes no logical sense because to embrace this type of tolerance precludes any personal opinion or belief. Christians are not to endorse religious beliefs that run counter to what the Bible teaches.
The problem with tolerance as it is now meant is that it rejects the possibility that objective truth exists. The Bible teaches that truth does exist, that God is truth, and that we are to follow in His truth. John 1:14 and 17 says that Jesus, who came from the Father, gives us truth. John 8:32 and Romans 6:16-23 says that the truth sets us free from the control of sin.
The Bible is also clear regarding those who hide or distort the truth in the name of tolerance. Romans 1:18 says whoever suppresses the truth will receive the wrath of God. In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus says that our mission is to teach others of the truth about Him. First Corinthians 13:6 (NIV) says, "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth." John 14:6 says that Jesus is the truth. While Christians can acknowledge the right of others to have different beliefs, we cannot allow those beliefs to go unchallenged for one simple reason: it is not loving, and Jesus calls us to love (Luke 10:25-37).
It's inevitable that the world will call believers intolerant, but we can mitigate the damage by being intolerant in the way God tells us to. First, we must know what we believe (1 Peter 3:15).
cont

Chilliwack, Canada

#494831 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
All prayers count. the issue is you may not truly believe. You gots to believe for things to work.
So Muslim prayers are "heard" and answered by Jehovah???

How funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 2 min lucky 29
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 7 min thetruth 9,360
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Bongo 63,257
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 9 min prbentley 102
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 12 min lucky 13
Poll Which is the strongest Muslim army? (Jan '11) 14 min Turks 355
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min Gabriel 973,531
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve III 618,740
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 4 hr Eduardo 42
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr DebraE 106,460