Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675486 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#494796 Nov 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
According to me - on New Age's Planet Alpha - Mary had sex with someone and became pregnant or Jesus was the result of an alien abducting Mary and impregnating her with he seed to create a hybrid human with levitation and touch healing abilities.
You?
I believe that the Jesus-myth was figmented in the minds of ex-Jew Catholics to in turn start a new religion totally foreign to Judaism.

How else could the Catholics sit on thrones and try in vain to be rulers of all people of the world?

Their aim was to make their religion universal ... that is why they chose the word Catholic FOR their new religion ... because the word itself meant universal, and previously had no connection TO religion.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494797 Nov 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Self to Self communications?
Hmmmm.....improve upon my ability to make love.
I really want my wife to feel overwhelmed in passion and ecstasy.
SELF!

:)
OldJG

Barrington, IL

#494798 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you never did that:)
<quoted text>
In all of my years in ministry I have never met a more self-righteous self-centered pastor. What seminary did you attend? Did they teach forgiveness? When are we supposed to forgive? Is it after we have extracted our pound of flesh or pint of blood? Doesn't Jesus tell us we are to forgive IMMEDIATELY. Jesus often spoke about forgiveness, forgave those who sinned against others, forgave those who sinned against him, and asked the Church to continue his healing ministry. Jesus taught,“If you forgive others their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive you”(Matthew 6:14). Peter asked Jesus how often it is necessary to forgive, and Jesus replied,“Seventy-seven times”(Matthew 18:22), a number to be taken as a never-ending number of times we ought to forgive.
As born-again believers when we screw up JESUS has already made it right by the shedding of His blood on Calvary.
He shed His blood for marge too didn't He atemcowboy?
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the [sin] was on her part. I rebuked her along with other Christians(unlike you).
why would you call me evil for rebuking her but take up for her, by her deliberately hurting nick and sera?
Rebuke? Yes. Forgive....IMMEDIATE. We are to forgive without exception and without an apology. When we rebuke without forgiveness are we following the teachings of Jesus Christ? Yes or no.

Ever read Matthew 18? Give it a read. It will tell you how to handle this sister.

When Jesus left this earth did He leave you in charge and empower you to correct a sister who has sinned without first forgiving her? Is this the manner by which you want to be forgiven?

Christian? Yes, I am. You on the other hand, I am not certain. If your treatment of marge is any indication of your "Christianity" I would have to say you are not a Christian according to the word of God.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494799 Nov 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Very true - one must control their pride.
Self could start by admitting to not know what one pretends to know.

That requires teaching the self to stop teaching others that a spirit exists to knowingly cruise the universe in an afterlife.

What comes after death (if anything) is a mystery ... period.

Only PRIDE turns people into self-inflated "religious or spiritual LEADERS."

Chilliwack, Canada

#494800 Nov 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record ..the only person who can get their posts,pulled ..or get banned is the POSTER THEMSELVES...Topix has,TOS and,READS posts,those that violate TOS are pulled ...if they are offensive ...
They could care less about opinions,or there would be no forums ..One side or another ..keeps the Debate going .
I agree!

Chilliwack, Canada

#494802 Nov 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
I think I sense a move toward revival here. Forgiveness, defending others (even if they did 'goof up'), and prayer for each other.
There is hope for us yet...Praise God.
KayMarie
"Revival???"

While you are busy hammering the Catholics as evil-doers and projecting the image of Luther as a Protestant hero???

I think NOT!

You have to be fair first, and in turn stop defending your own cult ... and there is no sign of that happening to you as of yet.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#494803 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you never did that:)
<quoted text>
In all of my years in ministry I have never met a more self-righteous self-centered pastor. What seminary did you attend? Did they teach forgiveness? When are we supposed to forgive? Is it after we have extracted our pound of flesh or pint of blood? Doesn't Jesus tell us we are to forgive IMMEDIATELY. Jesus often spoke about forgiveness, forgave those who sinned against others, forgave those who sinned against him, and asked the Church to continue his healing ministry. Jesus taught,“If you forgive others their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive you”(Matthew 6:14). Peter asked Jesus how often it is necessary to forgive, and Jesus replied,“Seventy-seven times”(Matthew 18:22), a number to be taken as a never-ending number of times we ought to forgive.
As born-again believers when we screw up JESUS has already made it right by the shedding of His blood on Calvary.
He shed His blood for marge too didn't He atemcowboy?
<quoted text>
Rebuke? Yes. Forgive....IMMEDIATE. We are to forgive without exception and without an apology. When we rebuke without forgiveness are we following the teachings of Jesus Christ? Yes or no.
Ever read Matthew 18? Give it a read. It will tell you how to handle this sister.
When Jesus left this earth did He leave you in charge and empower you to correct a sister who has sinned without first forgiving her? Is this the manner by which you want to be forgiven?
Christian? Yes, I am. You on the other hand, I am not certain. If your treatment of marge is any indication of your "Christianity" I would have to say you are not a Christian according to the word of God.
with the discernment that God has given me, I determine from the beginning that she was NOT a Christian and her breaking coveneant, speaking evil of a person who is very sick, ARE NOT the fruits of a Christian, And I THANK the Lord that He revealed that to me concerning her. Just as we KNOW that YOU are a filthy mouth piece of trash, and you can use all of the cellophane tape available, but it wont cover up that filthiness that you possess.

and yes, He did leave preachers in charge of the Church, you don't think that He would place a foul mouth person like you in charge, do U?

Chilliwack, Canada

#494804 Nov 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
In fact the very prayer that started this carfufel ...(a judge
Judy word ..lol)
ANYHOW WE ALL AGREE PRAYER IS A GOOD THING ..well amongst those who pray.
GOD bless us all ....:)
You believe that hell is for unrepentant sinners. Your prayer is that even against your own god's will, HE will save these sinners.

I don't believe that a creator exists, so I simply wish everyone well ... NOW ... in the MOMENT ... and in spite of all the suffering of all forms of life ... my hope is for the best for all.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#494805 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The small "c" catholic church is the church of Jesus Christ. The word, catholic, small "c" does mean universal.
Your suggestion that the churches of Christ number 23 is a gigantic blunder. The churches of Jesus Christ number many. As for the Eastern Orthodox churches, they have never been separated from the small "c" catholic (universal) church. Separated from the capital "C" Roman Catholic church...yes. Not the small "c" catholic (universal) church.
Cly said, quote, "The Bible is the product of the sacred traditions and hierarchy of the Church. It didn't come before the Church, it came after." End quote.
The Bible, the Word of God, began way before the church. When God spoke this planet into existence He did it with His word. The Bible is and always will be the "Word of God".
Psalm 138:2, "2 I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your word above all Your name!"
The Christian canon came after the Church, not before. If you are include in this small c catholic Church, then who were your successors after the Apostles? Do you have any names of the sola scripturist Christians that supposedly existed?
You can't change historic fact.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494806 Nov 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We love you guys,...where is your raging bull ..Lol
I suggest that the word "LOVE" is a word USED on too many occasions ... especially in religion.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#494807 Nov 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Well, Anthony MN, which part of the Bible are we to understand literally and which part are we to understand figuratively?
If the bread is "literally" the body of Jesus, His true human flesh, when Jesus describes Himself as a gate He must have meant a "literal" gate like the one in my neighbors fence, right?
<quoted text>
Again, you are in error. Ignatius and Clement put their own spin on what they "thought and understood" what the Apostles taught.
That's very bold of you. I would say the Bible is your idol and nothing will get in the way of that. Good luck.
Is it still the word of God when you, Preston, Confrint and Truth have different teachings? I would say no way. Its your word not Gods word.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494808 Nov 26, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I already forgave you.
I suggest that if you don't hold a grudge in the first place, there is never a NEED to forgive.

That is why religion is so nonsensical. The god that supposedly created us holds grudges and rejects us so that we land in hells.

Ridiculous blather put forth by theologians.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#494809 Nov 26, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Peter 2:5
5 you also, like living stones, are ~~~~~being built into a spiritual house~~~~~ to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
There are NO earthly headquarters for the church ("called out") as the church ("called out") are IN the body of Christ Jesus.
There is no problem here with the verses you posted. They fit perfectly with the Catholic Church. Now what? Are you going to tell me you're an elder and thus your opinion on the word of God is the word of God? Nonsense. Men like you have appeared in ever decade since 1600, and not one of you preach the same as the previous. Sadly you don't care, your interpretations are guided by the Holy Spirit. So are Prestons, Confrint, Oldgee, Marge and the others.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494810 Nov 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
cannibal:
1. A person who eats the flesh of other humans.
Christ would never teach us to be cannibals...
REALLY???

If you were lost in the wilderness and were desperate to survive, and another human in your presence was dying from starvation, and in turn said, "After I die, eat my flesh so that you can hopefully go home to your family" ... would you believe that being a cannibal was still "unforgiveable?"

I suggest that I would eat the flesh, be thankful FOR the flesh, and try my best to live ... without a guilty conscience whatsoever.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494811 Nov 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Sons of God do not interpret His Word...so says the Bible!!!
The bible "SAYS" whatever you personally WILL it to "say."

Martin Luther learned that TRICK, when he used the same book for Catholicism as he did for Protestantism.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494812 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Human Beings are born not hatched.
Then why did you write that you thought I was hatched?

To your self-perceived highness, am I NOT a human being?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#494813 Nov 26, 2013
Matthew 24
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#494814 Nov 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
SELF!
:)
That's right - now you are beginning to understand.

Chilliwack, Canada

#494815 Nov 26, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Just PRAY....
I suggest you be careful for what you pray.

Wiccan witches believe they can bring down the power of the goddess from the moon into their selves.

And then I suggest that where they go from there is simply to coo-coo land?

Nuttier than fruitcakes ... dancing around the flames, baying at the moon ... compared to packs of wild dogs.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#494816 Nov 26, 2013
Matthew 25
Matthew 25
King James Version (KJV)

25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min ROCCO 110,136
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min New Age Spiritual... 982,196
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,307
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Yidfellas v USA 184,726
Finish This Liberal Political Sentence.. 1 hr USS LIBERTY 3
68 year old man missing from Deens Landing?! 9 hr bugg_85 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 9 hr andet1987 69
More from around the web