Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667936 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#494654 Nov 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
So you don't care for Swaggart and Baker because they weren't Catholic?:)(Maybe they feel the same way about you?)
Stop stirring the wicked POT!

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#494655 Nov 25, 2013
still you not explain 99% victims
why should be

i walk i talk
no one come or become alive
darkness no moon no stars no sun
is that complete 100%

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494656 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You should know all the answers to your questions. The nuns taught you all these things . No priest in their right mind would administer the Sacraments in a state of mortal sin. If you commit a mortal sin, you cannot receive the Eucharist. The nuns taught you this way back in second grade before you receive your first Communion and first Confession. By the way, the priest himself does not turn the Eucharist into Jesus Christ, only Christ can do that , He works through the priest.
Does your cussing priest give out communion? If so he must not be in his right mind..

Vancouver, Canada

#494657 Nov 25, 2013
truth wrote:
law is not law as never law exist
We must be studying the same scripture at this very moment. Now THAT is a sign, if ever there was one.

However, I'm not sure what it means.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#494658 Nov 25, 2013
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
The apostles were men who sinned.
Jesus told them to do it anyway.
The Holy Spirit works through men who sin.
Speaking of being out of one's mind, anyone who thinks they can pick up a bible, study it for a few years and then think they speak for God is out of his mind.

----------
Do you really think that the Apostles were unchanged after three years with Jesus? They were still human...but they were GODLY men, who preached a life-transforming gospel.

KayMarie

Vancouver, Canada

#494659 Nov 25, 2013
We all do fall short of the glory of God...but we shouldn't take it for granted. As Christians, we (and the Pope) should do our best to represent Jesus.
AWWWWW now it's too late to pretend you are nice to the downtrodden.

I already comprehended that you are certain that you and Martin Luther are destined for greatness in the hereafter, and that you believe the popes will rot in hell.

#494660 Nov 25, 2013
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
I was taught by the person teaching me the Cathechisum thatI was not to read the Bible...if I tried...I would go crazy.
I was also told the priest went to school seven years to learn what the Bible teaches...so, he knows the truth from the Bible...don't question him...do what he says do...

----------
If they told you that YOU would go crazy if you read the Bible, WHAT DOES THAT MAKE THEIR PRIESTS WHO READ IT FOR SEVEN YEARS???

KayMarie

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#494661 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
They all hate me Ltm, their lying about me and calling me names.
And I'm not sure 'who' they are anymore or if they ever were Christians.
I'm not talking about Oldjg or Orville.
LTM told you last year that she had changed her attitude since she first came over here with YOU, you have remained the same person that I had nothing but disgust for, and you and your sickening attitude HAS PROVEN ME RIGHT. rather has PROVEN the Holy Spirit right, since it was He who allowed me to know what kind of person that was hidden in that OSAS doctrine that you presented to this forum.

like I said several weeks ago, YOU ARE BY YOURSELF WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE(Oldjg and orville) WHO CURSE AND SPEAK AS YOU DO.

#494662 Nov 25, 2013
who="Liam" <quoted text>
I don't care much for Joel Osteen and his 14 million dollar mansion either. As for Swaggert and Baker... I don't care for them because of their ignorance of the scriptures and their anti catholicism, not because of scandals or sins. We're all guilty of sin. Even our Pope will point out his shortcomings.
We all fall short of the glory of God.

~~~

i REALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND..HOW....any Roman Catholic

can make any derogatory remark about any preacher's money...

THE POPE SITS UPON BILLIONS ..THAT HAS BEEN BILKED FROM POOR INDIGENT SOULS

THAT HAS COME BY

TORTURE.

MURDER,

CONFISCATION OF PROPERTY,

EXTORTION,

THEFT

LYING ABOUT SUCH THINGS AS PURGATORY, AND BILKING

MONEY FOR HIGH MASS,

GAMBLING, SELLING INDULGENCES, ETC...

WHILE MILLIONS STARVE DAILY...

LIVING IN SQUALLIER AND ABJECT POVERTY...

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:
marge

Leesburg, GA

#494663 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>let me refresh your memory...YOU said that nicks Illness was due too his sinning for praying to dead people. That's Fact and in your own words and post.Let me ask you this,do you feel this way about Nick only or is everyone that is ill is ill because they are sinners?
No I didn't I said can you expect prayers to be answered if you pray to others(idols) and also to God in Jesus name.

I would think your prayers won't be answered.

And I'm sure sometimes people are ill from their sin, I did not say Herms was, but I know believers do suffer when they sin.

Location hidden

#494664 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
so we are lying about you are we?

here are your words and my response to them. and you still are a scumbag! and then you tried to validate your satanic words.by using [got question]

atemcowboy

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#494294 Yesterday
Judged:

marge wrote:
if their praying to the dead that is a sin and could be the cause of their suffering, that was the point.

you are a shrew to say these hateful and sinful words to these people.

some day, some day, you will regret this terrible display 0f Satanism that you are displaying on this forum towards some mighty good people.

and at day, you will find that what you think that you profess,. you never possessed.

Intolerance Rebuked

…39But Jesus said, "Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me. 40"For he who is not against us is for us. 41"For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink(OR OFFERS UP A PRAYER) because of your name as followers of Christ, truly I say to you, he will not lose his reward.

but because of your evil display,. marge, you have lost your reward.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494665 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
I guess they are after you now, they will try to have you banned. I don't care for what you post, but you have a right to post here.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#494666 Nov 25, 2013
The Gospels as Literature

Christian gospels fall into a particular form of literature.

They are not histories or biographies, though especially Luke masquerades as such.

Instead, they are theological documents with merely the tone and tenor of biographies or histories. Apologists often rely on this to defend the liberties the authors take with reality. Regardless, there is truth to it.

But I'll leave the analysis of the literary genre to those more adept than I in the subject.

My point is simply that the four primary authors of the canonical gospels and their redactors, to varying degrees, were skilled in using literary devices to accomplish their task: convincing 1st century nonbelievers of the Jesus story.

I wonder, when modern believers read in John 2, "Then said the Jews,'Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days,'" do they really believe the moneychangers and other merchants confronted in the temple actually said that in unison to Jesus?

Someone may have said it. It may be a good summary of the general response to Jesus confronting the authorities in the temple, if that actually happened. But really? All the Jews on scene said that in unison? Is that the way crowds react today?

Of course not. The primary author of John is using a literary device.

Ever notice in TV sitcoms that no one ever says, "Goodbye," or "Talk to you later," after a phone conversation? Sitcom characters merely hang up after concluding the meat of their phone conversation.

Script writers realize such pleasantries don't advance the plot, which needs resolved in about 20 minutes in most sitcoms, and they know most audience members won't notice if the omit those pleasantries. That's *most* audience members cuz anyone reading this post will notice it from now on -- and it will really bug you for a while.

Whoever wrote the first gospel, Mark, was not especially good with Greek. I recall one scholar characterizing his effort as "crude". It was a second language he struggled with.

But make no mistake: Mark's author was a hell of a storyteller, even if not much of a linguist.

Take Mark's version of the story of the moneychangers in the temple, just mentioned above from John.

In Mark, unlike John, on the way to Jerusalem before the confrontation in the temple, Jesus, hungry, encounters a fig tree without fruit and curses it because he cannot obtain sustenance from it.

Upon leaving Jerusalem, after taking on the moneychangers -- curing them -- Jesus and the disciples pass the fig tree again. It has withered from the roots up.

John mentions nothing of the fig tree. This is a Markan tale, and Mark's author has used that tale to ply one of his common literary techniques -- framing one story with two parts of a related story or two separate but related stories. Jesus has cursed a fig tree that bears no fruit, just has he has cursed a temple system that -- in the author's view -- was equally barren.

The story is intended to foreshadow the fall of the 2nd temple, something that already had happened when the Gospel of Mark was written.

This is storytelling at its finest.

Anyone doubt it? Look at its influence on Western Civilization for better or worse.

Bam!

#494667 Nov 25, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
KayMarie says to Michael......Please don't tell me you evolved out of a mudhole four billion years ago...I would have to know where the mud and the hole came from.:)
Michael says.........No mud hole four billion years ago, but from my mothers vagina just 64 years ago.
....seriously, I evolved from Monkeys and I do remember playing in trees and dragging my knuckles.........just like you did!

----------
My knuckles don't have a single scratch on them, and I could never climb trees!

Sorry, kid...you only came 'by way of' your mother. She didn't invent you. God says that 'all souls are mine', and He sent you down a long path that included no mud holes, or monkeys.

Maybe when you get as old as I am, you will know a bit more about the human race...

KayMarie
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494668 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Does your cussing priest give out communion? If so he must not be in his right mind..
Your post shows you are very childish. Please try to be more of an adult when posting.

Location hidden

#494669 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I guess they are after you now, they will try to have you banned. I don't care for what you post, but you have a right to post here.
ALL THAT I WANT HER TO DO IS REPENT OF HER SIN AND APOLOGIZE TO TWO VERY GOOD PEOPLE.

and what she said applies to you catholics, you did know that about her didn't you?

NOT ONE CHRISTIAN AGREED WITH HER AND HER WORDS ABOUT HIM BEING SICK BECAUSE HE PRAYS TO DEAD SAINTS.
truth

Perth, Australia

#494670 Nov 25, 2013
someone gamble with future of humanity..

god proceeded created sea monsters

then how you come first

#494671 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWWWW now it's too late to pretend you are nice to the downtrodden.
I already comprehended that you are certain that you and Martin Luther are destined for greatness in the hereafter, and that you believe the popes will rot in hell.
~~~
MARTIN LUTHER ALLOWED GOD TO BE GREAT IN HIM..

.THAT HE WAS/IS GREAT ENOUGH ....TO BE HATED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLICS.

Luk_6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

HE MUST HVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494672 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Ever looked at it as a Blessing
Wasn't it about a month ago ..I was criticized for remembering ..oh well ..I remember s I was taught
But back then the subject of sinning clergy never came up
Nor did I ever learn any pope was not a,man unfit for the jib.

It was an unheard of idea,...especially to the bins ..I'm sure

Again not answering the,question about priests,by deflection ..

I was just curious about the,teAching on it ..as the idea of here never have been unrepentant priests is not believable ..as is the idea there are no unrepentant ministers ...or any class,of people .

As,Kay says ..they will answer to God ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494673 Nov 25, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
KayMarie says to Michael......Please don't tell me you evolved out of a mudhole four billion years ago...I would have to know where the mud and the hole came from.:)
Michael says.........No mud hole four billion years ago, but from my mothers vagina just 64 years ago.
....seriously, I evolved from Monkeys and I do remember playing in trees and dragging my knuckles.........just like you did!
----------
My knuckles don't have a single scratch on them, and I could never climb trees!
Sorry, kid...you only came 'by way of' your mother. She didn't invent you. God says that 'all souls are mine', and He sent you down a long path that included no mud holes, or monkeys.
Maybe when you get as old as I am, you will know a bit more about the human race...
KayMarie
Exactly ...we did not EVOLVE from.other biological forms of LUFE ..or how ever they put it ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Charlie Sheen 286,074
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 4 min Mr About Town 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Aura Mytha 92,710
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min Sky Writer 31 183,628
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min Rider on the Storm 979,452
Everyone is a fool 1 hr Truthiness 4
Poll Why does bill clinton hold his mouth wide open? (Feb '08) 3 hr Mszymanski 16
More from around the web