Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658319 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#494631 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,faith in Jesus,that saves,...nothing else ....
Tch Tch ... I suggest that Jehovah will have the last WORD in that discussion.

Rumor has it that Jehovah is VERY angry that Jesus baled on him to favor the Christians.

:)

Vancouver, Canada

#494632 Nov 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
Interpretation = Perception.
Perception = Self.
No religion required.
According to you, was Jesus planted in Mary's womb by the god Jehovah ... or by one of those gnostic preachers?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#494633 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
People can conjure in their minds whatever pleases them.
You are a prime example of such silliness.
~~~
I AM NOT IN COMPETITION WITH ANY ONE...

-->You are a prime example of them that will perish...

you will find out that

hell is hot and eternal.

1Co_1:18 For the preaching of the cross is

-->to them that perish

foolishness; <--

but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co_1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God,

it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Vancouver, Canada

#494634 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The one,about the person being on the edge,of damnation was,the one I was speaking of ...And have repeated that at least three times ..
Are YOU on the edge of damnation???

#494635 Nov 25, 2013
who="Husker Du" <quoted text>No one uses a talisman, where the heck do you get your ideas. You know how to pray the rosary, you were taught how to by those nuns.

----------
She has since learned to really pray instead of quoting a ritual.
KayMarie

Vancouver, Canada

#494636 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
It does have plenty of "junk" in it.
But just like everything in the world, people get to CHOOSE which "junk" they keep and which "junk" they get rid of.
Self.
When will YOU be getting rid of SELF'S junk?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#494637 Nov 25, 2013
They all hate me Ltm, their lying about me and calling me names.

And I'm not sure 'who' they are anymore or if they ever were Christians.

I'm not talking about Oldjg or Orville.

Vancouver, Canada

#494638 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Asking questions will lead you to others, but in the end, the answers will be given.
What exact answers have YOU been given by self TO self???

Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494639 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ..here's,one ..of course,Jesus,knew,they were,sinners,..But in their hearts they repented ..
What about sacraments,...all of them.... performed by unrepentant sinners,..confession..baptisms ,...And the,Eucharist ..even confirmation and,Holy orders,
I'm.Assuming . Say the priest ..bishop ..or pope ..subs,and,goes,to Confession before,..what if their confession. Did,NOT include any desire to NOT CONTINUE or they did not confess,a,horrible sin .
Ford's the transubstantiation tAke place ..That is,the,only one I can think where the priest alone,is,responsible .
In Confession
.we BElieve in confessing to Jesus,..But you BELUEVE in confessing to a,priest ...if he is,NOT,in good,standing ..I'd imagine God WOUKD look into the heart of the penitent ..
But with Communion....if you BElieve the priest is the factor ...And he is an unrepentant sinner ...what is the state of Eucharist?????
Your Church talks,about people receiving communion in a state of non repenting ...what of the priest ..or bishop ...performing the,sacrament .
I am curious,on Church teaching .
This,also brings,up.Popes,appointed by politics and,not the guiding of the,HOLY Spirit as,has,happened ...
You should know all the answers to your questions. The nuns taught you all these things . No priest in their right mind would administer the Sacraments in a state of mortal sin. If you commit a mortal sin, you cannot receive the Eucharist. The nuns taught you this way back in second grade before you receive your first Communion and first Confession. By the way, the priest himself does not turn the Eucharist into Jesus Christ, only Christ can do that , He works through the priest.

Vancouver, Canada

#494640 Nov 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
So how do YOU account for evil...or good...in the world?
Read your scriptures and it's plain as the nose on your face.

Jehovah created good AND evil ... for his asinine purpose.

Religion is junk bunk for junkies.

Vancouver, Canada

#494641 Nov 25, 2013
<quoted text>
No hojo - you are prideful.
Bummer for you.
Self would not be human, if self was not prideful.

Only human created-robots have no pride.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494642 Nov 25, 2013
I am amazed Rose on how much you have forgotten what the nuns taught you. Really, I am very amazed.

#494643 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so right. It's the same with the Christians that go to church only on Christmas and Easter. It's the accepted thing to do.
Pretend to love one another for five minutes here and there and as a reward for good behavior ... fight the rest of the year.
There is only on battle for me...

1Ti 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

NOTE

1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith,

lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and

hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God,

who quickeneth (GIVES LIFE TO) all things, and

before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate

witnessed a good confession;

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable,

until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

(NOT THE POPE NOR CATHOLICISM...BUT JESUS)

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times

he shall shew,

who is the blessed and only Potentate,

the King of kings, and

Lord of lords;

#494644 Nov 25, 2013
who="Liam" <quoted text>
I dont care much for Joel Osteen and his 14 million dollar mansion either. As for Swaggert and Baker... I don't care for them because of their ignorance of the scriptures and their anti catholicism, not because of scandals or sins. We're all guilty of sin. Even our Pope will point out his shortcomings.
We all fall short of the glory of God.

----------
So you don't care for Swaggart and Baker because they weren't Catholic?:)(Maybe they feel the same way about you?)

As for Osteen, waste and pride are not holy virtues, but Joel will have to answer to God for his own 'sin'...as will everyone else.

We all do fall short of the glory of God...but we shouldn't take it for granted. As Christians, we (and the Pope) should do our best to represent Jesus.

KayMarie
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494645 Nov 25, 2013
Rose, you were taught that it's Christ that forgives the sins, He works through the priest. The priest is just a vessel. How could tyou forget these fundamental teachings?

Vancouver, Canada

#494646 Nov 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
My real name is CLAYPOOL....
Hello CLAYPOOL ... welcome to our support-group. We are recovering from being human in the hopes that our real animal nature will surface once again.

truth

Perth, Australia

#494647 Nov 25, 2013
first you need explain word manipulation..
today ..people with authority produce dementia..
yee..water air vaccine medicine change many seeds innovation and so on..you need explain that crime why more people exist and more will come with dementia in future..
explain crime what authority and very powerful people hide..
is that crime yes it is..does meter what law say..because certain people within law they will do anything what so ever that others did not know
whats coming as well whats happen before..

law is not law as never law exist

Vancouver, Canada

#494648 Nov 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't keep up in knowing all his aliases and I am sure June who posts 14,000 times a day can't either.
This is what I do know.
Liam is aka Clay, aka Claypool, aka William, aka Will........and probably a few other names.
He thinks we don't know so keep it on the QT.(lol)
14,000??? Thank you. I beat my own record and didn't even know it happened.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494649 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
They all hate me Ltm, their lying about me and calling me names.
And I'm not sure 'who' they are anymore or if they ever were Christians.
I'm not talking about Oldjg or Orville.
let me refresh your memory...YOU said that nicks Illness was due too his sinning for praying to dead people. That's Fact and in your own words and post.Let me ask you this,do you feel this way about Nick only or is everyone that is ill is ill because they are sinners?
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494650 Nov 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Husker Du" <quoted text>No one uses a talisman, where the heck do you get your ideas. You know how to pray the rosary, you were taught how to by those nuns.
----------
She has since learned to really pray instead of quoting a ritual.
KayMarie

The Rosary, though clearly Marian in character, is at heart a Christocentric prayer. In the sobriety of its elements, it has all the depth of the Gospel message in its entirety, of which it can be said to be a compendium. It is an echo of the prayer of Mary, her perennial Magnificat for the work of the redemptive Incarnation which began in her virginal womb. With the Rosary, the Christian people sits at the school of Mary and is led to contemplate the beauty on the face of Christ and to experience the depths of his love. Through the Rosary the faithful receive abundant grace, as though from the very hands of the Mother of the Redeemer.
—From On the Most Holy Rosary...(Rosarium Virginis Mariae)

Rosary Novena for Life and Liberty
(printable version)

How to Pray the Rosary

A Rosary for Life: The Glorious Mysteries

A Rosary for Life: The Joyful Mysteries

A Rosary for Life: The Luminous Mysteries

Prayers of the Rosary

Scriptural Rosary: Justice and Peace

Scriptural Rosary: The Sorrowful Mysteries

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Ura Fagiola 69,949
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 6 min Toby 4,903
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 45,558
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Toby 974,580
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min X Pendable 618,826
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... (Mar '16) 33 min pantylover2112 34
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 37 min X Pendable 183,435
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 282,831
More from around the web