Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,451
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494330 Nov 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on man, that's just ridiculous. The only thing one can learn from him is a gospel that's opposite of what Jesus Christ taught, his Apostles taught, and all of our Church fathers taught. He organized a prayer group for you, even though he purposely excluded Catholics, it was a nice thing. Then, to feed his ego, he puffed his chest out and bragged about it.
I wouldn't say anyone on this board is automatically excluded from Heaven. But you have to understand they are Bible idolaters and some of the most ignorant human beings I've ever encountered. You'd do good to help them see the Holy Scriptures the way the Lord taught.
And you would do good to look at yourself before making comments to nick like this. You are in NO position to tell Nick ANYTHING..Preston has been a true friend to us and was there for us when we needed Christian prayers and love. Where were YOU...He was the very FIRST person to personally email me to offer his support and HELP if I needed it. Where were YOU? Your actions and other Catholic's here have turned me away from your church big time.The Protestants here have showed us more love and support than any of you. Faith aside,a true Christian shows their faith,lives their faith. Has compassion for someone in spiritual needs. It doesn't matter what your faith is a TRUE CHRISTIAN is just there for you.And I will also add Confrinting and his wife were also a huge help to me. And since we are on the topic of ignorant human beings,whats your opinion of what marge said about nick and I going through the suffering now because we pray to dead people? Don't see you correcting her about that.So before you even think about trying to correct Nick, correct yourself.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494331 Nov 24, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
In the Name of the Father,Son,and Holy Spirit
Father.
Please protect us from the tools of Evil: fear, hopelessness,distrust,doubt,an d most of all,distancing ourselves from you in any way.Please make these times of darkness disappear at the Name of Your Son, Jesus.
Please heal, comfort and grant Your peace to Rose and her family, Preston and his family, LTM and her family, Confronting and his family,Black Thunder and his family,Pad and his family and anyone we have forgotten.
We thank You for Your Blessings and Your Love
We ask these this in the Name of Jesus
Amen
I agree in Jesus' Name.

Location hidden

#494332 Nov 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were not for the Catholic Church you would not have a Bible, be thankful .
Read Rev 8: 3, who are those Holy ones taking prayers to the alter of GOD?
FYI we ask the Saints (holy ones) to pray for us.
False teaching is following a man-made church with each own made up rules.
Oh that's right, the catholic church created the Bible...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494333 Nov 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony,
I see you haven't gotten it yet, Tony....
Can the Law of Moses SAVE anyone???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ died in vain if we can be saved by the Law of Moses...
Galatians 2:21
21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”
Again, we are UNDER the Law of Christ and NOT the Law of Moses....
This is too easy. Give me a """"script ural"""" definition of sin?

Location hidden

#494334 Nov 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
So you approve of her being called scum and a nobody?? Really? She didn't kill anyone, for heaven's sake. All she did was express her opinion and beliefs which happen to differ from yours. And she was attacked unmercifully for it. I thought that was against the rules? Or does that particular rule only go one way?
In scripture, sin usually manifests as physical illness, i.e. "suffering". Like all evangelical fundamentalist protestants, Marge believes that praying to the saints is a sin. Surely you can add two plus two and see where she's coming from. I've been on this board a good deal longer than you have and am used to Marge, but she's said similar things to you in the past so why are you ganging up on her now? You've been telling us over and over how Christ is with you, Nick. Somehow I don't think Christ would approve of the cruelty and spite that I've witnessed here tonight.
I've said this before and it keeps being confirmed over and over again...you people are playing a very dangerous game here...and God has no part in it. Normally I wouldn't get involved in your squabbles, but this was just so wrong that my conscience wouldn't let me keep silent. Now say whatever you need to about me to make yourselves feel better. Someone had to speak up and I willingly volunteered.
"You people" meaning who?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494335 Nov 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 8:7
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.
Give me the "SCRIPTURAL DEFINITION OF SIN" as given to us in the New Testament or what you call the New Covenant. And there is nothing wrong with the law. When we sin it doesn't make the law bad but rather it makes us bad. Now show me the SCRIPTURAL DEFINITION OF SIN as given from the NEW TESTAMENT. You guys sure are dancing around that scripture where it tells us what sin is,LOL.

This is how you try a spirit. Try them by the word of God and when you do they will try to avoid the word of God. The definition of sin is given in the New testament. Show me!
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494336 Nov 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read carefully ..I am NOT commenting on the Rosary.
If a person was,a,heretic on the brink of examination as you quoted ..
WHY WOULD THEY PRAY THE ROSARY EVERY DAY unless the were born into FAITH IN JESUS and ..REPENTED their life .
Surely you are not saying they pray ONLY because of FAITH IN MARY???
You misunderstood.“Never will anyone who says his Rosary every day become a formal heretic or be led astray by the devil.” Saint Louis de Montfort

Location hidden

#494337 Nov 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
So you approve of her being called scum and a nobody?? Really? She didn't kill anyone, for heaven's sake. All she did was express her opinion and beliefs which happen to differ from yours. And she was attacked unmercifully for it. I thought that was against the rules? Or does that particular rule only go one way?
In scripture, sin usually manifests as physical illness, i.e. "suffering". Like all evangelical fundamentalist protestants, Marge believes that praying to the saints is a sin. Surely you can add two plus two and see where she's coming from. I've been on this board a good deal longer than you have and am used to Marge, but she's said similar things to you in the past so why are you ganging up on her now? You've been telling us over and over how Christ is with you, Nick. Somehow I don't think Christ would approve of the cruelty and spite that I've witnessed here tonight.
I've said this before and it keeps being confirmed over and over again...you people are playing a very dangerous game here...and God has no part in it. Normally I wouldn't get involved in your squabbles, but this was just so wrong that my conscience wouldn't let me keep silent. Now say whatever you need to about me to make yourselves feel better. Someone had to speak up and I willingly volunteered.
And where in Nicks post do you see his un Christian treatment to Marge in his comment "Jesus forgive her for she knows not what she is doing".

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494338 Nov 24, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it ..it maybe you do but refuse to believe .
IN THE END all WILL be united ..EVERY knee shall bow before Messiah .
Hopefully for us,all its NOT too late ...You included ..
So in your theology you've done away with hell???

I don't know what religion you are practicing, but it's NOT any BRAND of Christianity.

Location hidden

#494339 Nov 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see you correcting Marge for her statement of why we are suffering because we pray to the dead..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#494340 Nov 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing cruel to Marge. I did not retyurn her remark with a similar one. I did what Christ taught me. prayed for her. I prayed for her forgiveness. If this does not meet your standards take it up with Christ.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494341 Nov 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Rose you that we're taught by nuns.....?The rosary is the life of Christ.
I especially love the Luminous. Look it up.
So true, i know those nuns taught her about the rosary how important it is to pray the rosary. She would have prayed the rosary at school every day. Sometimes one decade at the beginning of the class or the whole rosary before school. We prayed the rosary when we were told President Kennedy died when i was in the third grade. We always had our rosary ready in our desk.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494342 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Every,every time. Jesus Christ was with me. I felt Him. He was with me. He comforted me. He protected me.I am not a naive person. He was there.
Your idea that a Jew was with you through your suffering might make you feel HOLY, but that doesn't mean that the Jew was really with you at all.

If Jesus was real and as the theology indicates, ignored the suffering of his own Jews, I suggest you wouldn't mean a THING to him whatsoever.

I suggest you make far too much of your own importance.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494343 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>From the heart. Love. Christ was love.I think it is beautiful.
I think you are full of hypnosis.
Husker Du

Falls City, NE

#494344 Nov 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that's right, the catholic church created the Bible...
the Apostles wrote it guided by the Holy Spirit. the Apostles were Catholic. Pope Francis is talking to Putin about your church.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494345 Nov 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
“The Rosary is the most beautiful and the most rich in graces of all prayers;
Not to a Jew!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494346 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>The Orthodox do not propose this as dogma. Some say they are saved, some say they are not, some say we cant know, some say in humility we have no business saying they are or not saved. That is God's decision,
That is WHY the fact remains,Salvation coming through the Jews to us Gentiles is in the Jew, Christ Jesus(Yeshua ha Moshiach),the only ONE who born of a Virgin is God with us(Emmanuel).You believe that,and so do I,our salvation is not in an organization or a Christian t r a d i t i o n,but in the Person Jesus the Messiah.

Denominational bickering,and "Church"established organizations no matter how old,or how young,cannot save you or I.They can give us credible information,and be used of God to bring us to Him,but they are human efforts and endeavors.Christ is the glorious Son of the Most High,from the beginning H E was chosen by the Father to redeem human kind from the dominion and penalty of Sin.Death is no longer able to defeat us,because of Christ.

It is really a waste of our energy to try and prove to each other that our particular tradition of Christian endeavor and organization SAVES! God forbid that we should glory in the flesh.June keeps on saying that we glorify ourselves and claim a self imposed religion.But we as believers in Christ are grafted into HIS VINE through the New Birth,not because of self importance or achievements,or good actions,but by the GRACE of the Father through His Son's holy sacrifice on that cruel CROSS.

If a person who has experienced Christ tells others they cannot know they are saved,or that they must be saved through a n organization,or some are saved,and maybe others are not through selection,than that person is not relying on the only true WORD that settles the whole matter,The BIBLE! Only the Bible makes clear who is saved and who is not,and not by name or particular ethnicity,or by affiliation,but by the BLOOD of Christ.His DNA is present in every believer who has repented of sin and embraced the Christ of Calvary.I believe that baptism seals that not in soley being the way to salvation,but as being burried with Christ(dead to sin),regenerated in HIM.

The Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are saved,and we walk in newness of life.We have an ADVOCATE with the Lord Jesus when we sin.It is a continual w a l k through GRACE that secures the believer to Christ,because Christ is our total redemption.Did He not say"He that endures to the end will be saved?" The endurance is relying on HIS GRACE,allowing His life to permeate ours.His mind especially.Did not John the Baptist say"I must decrease,that He may INCREASE!" That is true for every believer.It is a painful process,but the reward is beyond this world,and this world is not worthy of the reward Christ has for us.Because "To love the world is to be in emnity with God."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494347 Nov 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
Col 1
* giving thanks to the Father, who has made you fit to share in the inheritance of the holy ones in light.
The ONLY Abrahamic father within the theology favors ONLY the Jews.

You are not in the eternal picture.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494348 Nov 24, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were not for the Catholic Church you would not have a Bible, be thankful .
THANKFUL for anti-Semitism???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#494349 Nov 24, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is pretty obvious that he would not be a friend to OBAMA(President).Well here is what I say to Truman's remark-Most probably Billy Graham was not a friend as it were accepted by every president in his time accept those who held similar views to him.He was invited into the White House,ther are pictures of him with many presidents and their families.He prayed with them,and was allowed to officiate in a spiritual manner at White House gatherings,some of them.Billy Graham might have been seen in the WH when Truman was pres.and he was given respect,but Truman like perhaps other presidents did not hold the same beliefs as Graham.
Out of respect for this country as being founded by People who were from Christian traditions,presidents allowed ministers of great standing to pray in their presence,and even give a word,but most likely did not go further than that.Billy Graham never went into an excessive description of his dealing with presidents.The proof of his being in the White House at times of invitation are in the many photos taken over the years he lived.
Your trying to discredit the man is a waste of time June.And for his message of the Cross,the Bible and Christianity,it has never changed.He believes as many of us,that God is no respecter of persons,and that HE chooses whom He wills to fulfill His plans.He can choose a Muslim to do what He inspires in that person,but the truth is God chose His Son to suffer,be crucified and to be the salvation of the world,sorry if a particular religion does not believe that. The Holocaust happened,but yet Adminajad from Iran claims it never happened,do we believe the facts well documented and witnessed by many,or do we believe the Iranian liar?
After preaching for decades that people had to be Christian to be "saved," Billy has now changed his mind and says that people don't have to be Christian to be saved.

As were and are all theologians, Billy Graham is a fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min NEWS-FLASH 175,625
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Pokay 775,161
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min onemale 265,133
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Ugly Truth from d... 39,344
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 21 min MUQ2 37,815
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 57 min WasteWater 14
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,106
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Ugly Truth from d... 604,998
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web