Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681608 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494595 Nov 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge has been taught to believe that sola scripture is truth. She thinks she has the right to search the scriptures herself and form her own theology. It was men like Confrint and Preston who told her this is the will of the Lord. Obviously her theology puts her pretty far from what the Apostles taught. So whether or not she's still a Christian is up to Jesus.
It begs the question: If Jesus Christ held up the bread and said "This is my body" and 2,000 yrs later, certain men said 'no its not'. Are they still Christian? If someone reverses the gospel of the Lord, are they still Christian??
Do you believe Jesus installed the sacramental Priesthood? I do too. That's the word of God that people ALSO unraveld. Are they still Christian?
Do not make excuses for Marges big mouth.I have eyes and I see what she posts and it off base many times from Preston and Confronting. No excuse No apology will ever be enough now.How ANY of "you people" can except her statements to Nick about his illness PLUS another statement she made about us is pure unchristian NO MATTER what Faith you have.Any insults about Nicks illness is pure evil.How would you like it if you couldn't walk without being out of breath? How about not being able to leave the house for over one year except for doctors visits.You have NO CLUE what Nick is going through. Her Big Mouth has nothing to do with Preston or Confronting.It has to do with her lack of BRAINS.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494596 Nov 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles were men who sinned.
Jesus told them to do it anyway.
The Holy Spirit works through men who sin.
Speaking of being out of one's mind, anyone who thinks they can pick up a bible, study it for a few years and then think they speak for God is out of his mind.
Okay ..here's,one ..of course,Jesus,knew,they were,sinners,..But in their hearts they repented ..

What about sacraments,...all of them.... performed by unrepentant sinners,..confession..baptisms ,...And the,Eucharist ..even confirmation and,Holy orders,

I'm.Assuming . Say the priest ..bishop ..or pope ..subs,and,goes,to Confession before,..what if their confession. Did,NOT include any desire to NOT CONTINUE or they did not confess,a,horrible sin .

Ford's the transubstantiation tAke place ..That is,the,only one I can think where the priest alone,is,responsible .

In Confession
.we BElieve in confessing to Jesus,..But you BELUEVE in confessing to a,priest ...if he is,NOT,in good,standing ..I'd imagine God WOUKD look into the heart of the penitent ..

But with Communion....if you BElieve the priest is the factor ...And he is an unrepentant sinner ...what is the state of Eucharist?????

Your Church talks,about people receiving communion in a state of non repenting ...what of the priest ..or bishop ...performing the,sacrament .
I am curious,on Church teaching .

This,also brings,up.Popes,appointed by politics and,not the guiding of the,HOLY Spirit as,has,happened ...
hojo

Chaska, MN

#494597 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>And you think with all this pride that your ahead of everyone else don't you?
It has "absolutely NOTHING" to do with pride but about believing, following, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of over 2000 years of the TRUE the biblical and historical TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, which is manifested in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH. These TRUTHS are open and available to everyone and anyone to accept or reject!!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#494598 Nov 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Seraphima" <quoted text>Anyone that has the nerve to imply that nicks illness is due to sin is not a Christian..period. Even if that person believes that it should never have been said to someone who is ill and is struggle to survive.I find it evil and the lowest of low.No she didn't kill anyone and yes that is her opinion but Her big mouth shows just what a Christian she is. When someone shows you who they are the first time,believe it.How many years have you guys gone back and forth over the same things over and over again? You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.We are taught that if once twice you try to teach someone Orthodoxy and they want to argue,then walk away. Your not going to bring anyone to your beliefs by shoveing the Catholic church down their throats.It is better to walk away than to loose your own soul to the devil by commiting sin...wrath, pride etc. I am so guilty of these things myself...I see my faults,I know what my faults are. I would love nothing more than to have EVERYONE on this forum to share and learn from each other. To have compassion and fellowship with everyone here.To pray for one another and to share our griefs and joys.I feel that is productive and Christ would smile down on all of us.
----------
Very touching post, Sere, and true. Jesus said that He did not come to condemn the world (John 3;17), but those who claim to be His followers are guilty of this.
Sickness is caused by germs, or polluted air, illicit sexual behavior, or poisons of various sorts.(The STD's are the only 'sickness' on that list that are caused by sin.)
We are to pray for one another when there is sickness. James said that "the prayer of faith will save the sick, AND IF he has committed sins, they will be forgiven." So, even if our failure has opened a door for illness,'the prayer of faith will save the sick'.
Those who condemn the sick are guilty of sin (condemning others, AND failing to pray for them). The guilty may even be inviting illness against himself.
KayMarie
God Bless You Kaye Marie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494599 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me, you took it wrong, I posted a quote from a saint and you mistook it for saying that a person who prays the rosary daily is an unrepented person.
Never mind .. the,quote from the saint said the person was at the edge of being lost ..You only mentioned SAYING THE ROSARY ...nothing about the person repenting ...That was my point ....words said mean nothing ...unless the person has repented and has,Faith..knit ...

It's,faith in Jesus,that saves,...nothing else ....

There are,Catholics,and non CATHOKUCS,..who go through the motions,if you or your saint is,saying ..it only ..only ..only takes saying the,rosary ...it's,misleading ..

And,that is the last on the,subject ...maybe there,was more,to the quote than posted,....

Only FAITH IN JESUS,saves,...was,my only point .

Not how to say the rosary ..or did I learn about confession...which your quote did NOT speak of ..
You said he was a heretic ...a,sinner ..on the verge of being lost and he could say the rosary every day and Be saved ..or words to that effect ..

That would meN u could sin every day ..But it's,ok if you say the rosary ...or that's,how it sounded ...probably not what the Church teaches,...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#494600 Nov 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot the word "say". He clearly said it's His body. No qualifiers, no hedging, no use of the word "symbol", yet you insist He didn't mean what He clearly said.
You feel comfortable constantly mocking and deriding Catholics for taking Jesus at His word here preston. I think it's a sign of you being unsure of your beliefs.
Hey Anthony MN, did Jesus say.....“I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger.” John 6:35

Let's say you answer yes....if so, did Jesus literally mean you will never hunger for another meal the rest of your life? Have you been hungry since you last ate the transubstantiated body of Jesus?
If so, why? Apparently Jesus was not being "literal" when he said, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger."

1. Bread

“I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall not hunger.” John 6:35

2. Light (Anthony MN, was Jesus a "literal" light like a bulb?)

“I am the light of the world; he who fallows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life.” John 8:12

3. Gate (Anthony MN, was Jesus a "literal" gate?)

“I am the gate; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” John 10:9

4. Good Shepherd (Anthony MN, was Jesus ever a shepherd?)

“I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for His sheep.” John 10:11

5. Resurrection and Life

“I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies.” John 11:25

6. Way (Anthony MN, did Jesus become a direction like North, South etc.?)

“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.” John 14:6

7. True vine (Anthony MN, did Jesus become a vine?)

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine dresser.” John 15:1

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#494601 Nov 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
what it means to be poor
One day a father of a very wealthy family took his
son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor
people can be. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would
be considered a very poor family.
On their return from their trip, the father
asked his son,“How was the trip?”“It was great, Dad.”“Did you see how poor
people can be?” the father asked.“Oh Yeah” said the son.“So what did you
learn from the trip?” asked the father.
The son answered,“I saw that we have one
dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden
and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden
and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they
have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have
fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve
others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our
property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.” With this the boy’s
father was speechless. Then his son added,“Thanks dad for showing me how poor
we are.” Too many times we forget what we have and concentrate on what we don’t
have. What is one person’s worthless object is another’s prize possession. It
is all based on one’s perspective. Makes you wonder what would happen if we all
gave thanks for all the bounty we have, instead of worrying about wanting more.
Self.

Interpretation = Perception.

Perception = Self.

No religion required.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494602 Nov 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has "absolutely NOTHING" to do with pride but about believing, following, worshipping and adhering to the TRUTH of over 2000 years of the TRUE the biblical and historical TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, which is manifested in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH. These TRUTHS are open and available to everyone and anyone to accept or reject!!!!
Wrong Its all about Your pride and boasting about YOUR church...keep it up your only turning people away from your church with your Bragging. You sound like a broken record and a old parrot.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494603 Nov 25, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Rose , you gort it wrong. RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read carefully ..I am NOT commenting on the Rosary.
If a person was,a,heretic on the brink of examination as you quoted ..
WHY WOULD THEY PRAY THE ROSARY EVERY DAY unless the were born into FAITH IN JESUS and ..REPENTED their life .
Surely you are not saying they pray ONLY because of FAITH IN MARY???
You misunderstood.“Never will anyone who says his Rosary every day become a formal heretic or be led astray by the devil.” Saint Louis de Montfort
The one,about the person being on the edge,of damnation was,the one I was speaking of ...And have repeated that at least three times ..

Albuquerque, NM

#494604 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>

Newest thing I'd chicken in a turkey ???? Something like that .
Turducken

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/turduc...

They are pretty good. My son wants to do one ourselves this year.

Hmmmmmm.....deboning? It probably is a bit easier before the birds are cooked, but I think I will pass this year.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#494605 Nov 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is junk?
It does have plenty of "junk" in it.

But just like everything in the world, people get to CHOOSE which "junk" they keep and which "junk" they get rid of.

Self.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494606 Nov 25, 2013
Again ..never mind ...just clearing up misunderstanding ..as,THAT quote,conveyed ..IMO

Peace
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Vancouver, Canada

#494607 Nov 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There is no way that any one can conjure up...
THE FLESH AND BLOOD OF JESUS ..
People can conjure in their minds whatever pleases them.

You are a prime example of such silliness.

Albuquerque, NM

#494608 Nov 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTIONS, RELATEING TO WHAT JESUS COMMANDMENT, "TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU."
WERE THOSE WORDS JUST MEANT FOR THE DISCIPLES??
ARE WE NOT TO LOVE ALL MAN KIND?/ OR JUST BELIEVERS??
DID JESUS PUT CONDITION, ON WHO WE ARE TO LOVE.
ARE WE TREATING PEOPLE THE WAY JESUS ASKED US TO??
DO WE TALK TO THEM WITH LOVE; OR WITH CONTEMPT.??
THE VERSES TO THE SONG !! "AMAZING GRACE"
[I ONCE WAS LOST BUT NOW I SEE.]
WHAT DO YOU SEE?? A SOUL THAT IS LOST!!! OR THE ENEMY.
ARE WE NOT AS BELIEVERS TO BE A BEACON, IN THIS DARK EVIL WORLD.
IF WE ARE GOING TO TALK LIKE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD AND TREAT PEOPLE THE SAME WAY, WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO COME TO JESUS, ON THE PRESENTATION OF WHAT SOME ON THIS BOARD CALL A CHRISTIAN.
NO WONDER PEOPLE WHO ARE SEEKING , TURN BACK TO THE WORLD. WHEN CHRISTIAN TREAT THEM MORE HOSTILE, THEN THE OTHER POOR LOST SOULS.
AMAZING GRACE HOW SWEET THE SOUND THAT SAVED A WRETCH LIKE ME,
I ONCE WAS LOST BUT NOW I AM FOUND I WAS BLIND BUT NOW I SEE.
THANK YOU FATHER IN JESUS HOLY NAME.
Asking questions will lead you to others, but in the end, the answers will be given.

Moving past the words and understand their meanings, will give you dismay and astonishment.

And guess what - you get to do the decision making.

Amazing, huh?
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494609 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Meant to say UNGLUING myself from sticky circular conversation ...
Actually you are in the middle of the type of glue that keeps the religious right-fighters fighting.

Preachers all enjoy their "positions."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#494610 Nov 25, 2013
who="Michael" <quoted text>
If you claim that everything had to be created by God, then God created the devil. Isn't it long overdue that God dispose of this devil creature that you seem so afraid of?
...Another invention by man........TO SCARE PEOPLE!!!

----------
So how do YOU account for evil...or good...in the world? How do you even account for your own existence?

Please don't tell me you evolved out of a mudhole four billion years ago...I would have to know where the mud and the hole came from.:)

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#494611 Nov 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No hojo - you are prideful.

Bummer for you.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#494612 Nov 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The one,about the person being on the edge,of damnation was,the one I was speaking of ...And have repeated that at least three times ..
Are you saying it's ok for born-agains to pray the rosary?
June VanDerMark

Vancouver, Canada

#494613 Nov 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch!....about 4 or 5 days before christmas, ReginaM. Anthony, Liam, HOJO, Star C, etc. all personally wish all the protestant posters a loving and joyful christmas and happiness to their families, and about 2 or 3 days after christmas the knives, and negative comments will be flying again..........just as they have the for the past 5 years on this forum.
You're so right. It's the same with the Christians that go to church only on Christmas and Easter. It's the accepted thing to do.

Pretend to love one another for five minutes here and there and as a reward for good behavior ... fight the rest of the year.

:)

:)
Michael

Canada

#494614 Nov 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I've gone by three and always have announced who I was when I changed it, so there was no secret.
You however, accidentally forgot to change it from Thomas back to Michael. Evidently you post under Thomas at a different forum. I thought that was funny. That's ok, I still keep you in my prayers... whatever your real name is.
My real name is CLAYPOOL....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Insults Are Easier 122,808
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min RiccardoFire 6,655
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 982,161
____ POPE & ISRAEL Agreement :: *7 YR TRIB ____ 2 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
!!!Stop Global GENOCIDE for OIL 2 hr Hiddn Numbrz 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 184,861
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 286,430
More from around the web