Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665307 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494472 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone that has the nerve to imply that nicks illness is due to sin is not a Christian..period. Even if that person believes that it should never have been said to someone who is ill and is struggle to survive.I find it evil and the lowest of low.No she didn't kill anyone and yes that is her opinion but Her big mouth shows just what a Christian she is. When someone shows you who they are the first time,believe it.How many years have you guys gone back and forth over the same things over and over again? You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.We are taught that if once twice you try to teach someone Orthodoxy and they want to argue,then walk away. Your not going to bring anyone to your beliefs by shoveing the Catholic church down their throats.It is better to walk away than to loose your own soul to the devil by commiting sin...wrath, pride etc. I am so guilty of these things myself...I see my faults,I know what my faults are. I would love nothing more than to have EVERYONE on this forum to share and learn from each other. To have compassion and fellowship with everyone here.To pray for one another and to share our griefs and joys.I feel that is productive and Christ would smile down on all of us.
Amen ..me too ..I love to talk about possibilities in Christ ..like what I was saying yesterday .

And we as Christians should talk about HIM...ABOUT heaven all things,we should have in common

And you're,right ..his forum can become an occasion for us,all to sin..myself included big time ..And it's,wrong ..big TIME..

As far as I'm.concerned you guys,ate my brother and sister in Christ...And I find much of your beliefs,about Orthodoxy beautiful ..
And your thoughts on how we will NEVER change each other's, religion..which I ACTUALLY never expected nor wanted to in the first place ...is,EVIDENT.

anyhow, as,I said,..sickness is,a result of Man's,SIN.
GOD never intended it ..in the garden ...there was none ..

Why one person gets,sick..One not ..no idea..But we ALL AGE and our bodies fail ...it's inevitable ..so.anyone who.thinks,that by being old they will escape infirmity is,selling shelves,a,Bill of goods ..IMO.

Unless They die before aging ...

My father died in a cat accident ..my stepfather from five gunshot wounds in he back ..my mom ..her heart Gave out less than a,year later ..
I pray TO GOD ....THEY ALL had a chance to pray before,death. And are with the Lord now,..

Nicks,feelings that his illness has brought him closer the LORD ...is beautiful ...

GOD BLESS you both ..
Michael

Canada

#494473 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone that has the nerve to imply that nicks illness is due to sin is not a Christian..period. Even if that person believes that it should never have been said to someone who is ill and is struggle to survive.I find it evil and the lowest of low.No she didn't kill anyone and yes that is her opinion but Her big mouth shows just what a Christian she is. When someone shows you who they are the first time,believe it.How many years have you guys gone back and forth over the same things over and over again? You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.We are taught that if once twice you try to teach someone Orthodoxy and they want to argue,then walk away. Your not going to bring anyone to your beliefs by shoveing the Catholic church down their throats.It is better to walk away than to loose your own soul to the devil by commiting sin...wrath, pride etc. I am so guilty of these things myself...I see my faults,I know what my faults are. I would love nothing more than to have EVERYONE on this forum to share and learn from each other. To have compassion and fellowship with everyone here.To pray for one another and to share our griefs and joys.I feel that is productive and Christ would smile down on all of us.
Seraphima says.........Anyone that has the nerve to imply that nicks illness is due to sin is not a Christian..period. Even if that person believes that it should never have been said to someone who is ill and is struggle to survive.

Michael says........Its more common then you think.

..... I have met many christians over the years who have made statements that because someone has a serious medical condition or they went bankrupt, divorced, or children had disabilities etc. they must have done something wrong to offend God or committed some serious sin that wasn't forgiven.

....I remember my parents making such statements themselves. I believe they were wrong to do so, but I believe its engrained by some church leaders.

....just a general statement, not meant to offend.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#494474 Nov 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge has been taught to believe that sola scripture is truth. She thinks she has the right to search the scriptures herself and form her own theology. It was men like Confrint and Preston who told her this is the will of the Lord. Obviously her theology puts her pretty far from what the Apostles taught. So whether or not she's still a Christian is up to Jesus.
IF marge had been taught by men like gig and myself, she would NEVER have spoken those words to nick, since gif and myself have prayed for him and his wife to be strengthened by the Lord.

and to take it further, she would NEVER had heard men like gif and myself Preach and teach a doctrine that both of us fully stand against.

WHAT MAKES YOU LIE SO CONSTANTLY ON THIS FORUM? YOU KNOW THAT GIF AND MYSELF ARE NOT LIKE HER AT ALL.
Michael

Canada

#494475 Nov 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge has been taught to believe that sola scripture is truth. She thinks she has the right to search the scriptures herself and form her own theology. It was men like Confrint and Preston who told her this is the will of the Lord. Obviously her theology puts her pretty far from what the Apostles taught. So whether or not she's still a Christian is up to Jesus.
It begs the question: If Jesus Christ held up the bread and said "This is my body" and 2,000 yrs later, certain men said 'no its not'. Are they still Christian? If someone reverses the gospel of the Lord, are they still Christian??
Do you believe Jesus installed the sacramental Priesthood? I do too. That's the word of God that people ALSO unraveld. Are they still Christian?
Liam says......Marge has been taught to believe that sola scripture is truth.

Michael says........and catholics are taught by their families that it isn't, and jews/muslims teach their children that christians are not practicing the truth.

.....until there is a smoking gun of truth, the arguments will go on. I am sure members of your own family are devout and stand by what they were taught..........its a never ending "I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT"

Its all nonsense and you would be best to stay clear of it and quit preaching to others what fallable men have said from the past.

Location hidden

#494476 Nov 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It begs the question: If Jesus Christ held up the bread and said "This is my body" and 2,000 yrs later, certain men said 'no its not'. Are they still Christian? If someone reverses the gospel of the Lord, are they still Christian??
Do you believe Jesus installed the sacramental Priesthood? I do too. That's the word of God that people ALSO unraveld. Are they still Christian?
lets look at the TRUTH.

when Jesus spoke these words "this is my body", He was telling them that His body was going to be destroyed. it was a prophecy to a certain extent, since we know that His body was NOT broken, not one bone.

solets now look at your words about people [changing] the meaning of His words.

{Are they still Christians?} the answer is that they are [not] since they follow a false teaching such as catholcism.

when are you going to learn clay, that every thing that you claim, I can prove that it is False.
Michael

Canada

#494477 Nov 25, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>but as you grow into adulthood then you are able to choose...
How many devout catholic, protestant, jewish, Muslim, families shun their ADULT children if they stray from the belief they were raised into?.....MILLIONS, and MILLIONS! There are many families who never speak to their children again because of them using their FREE WILL.

eg; Over the years tens of thousands of catholic men and women have left the priest/sisterhood for their own personal reasons. I respect that.

..... How many catholics in all those parishes/dioceses personally wished them well and good luck in their new endevours when they left? Probably near zero.

......very sad when people become too indoctrinated into their belief and can't understand why someone doesn't see the world the way they do.

Organized religions has caused much grief for many people who just decided to use their own educated pathway in life that might not be the same pathway their families took.

......very sad!

Location hidden

#494478 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Go d-allow-sickness.html
that is just the opinion of some person that we don't even know, but the Bible we know is the Truth.

By His stripes, we are healed.

don't make sense that God makes us sick yet on the other hand, he provided thru that Sacrifice that people might be Healed.

when ALL is said and done, marge, you are one wicked witch, now go fill up your bong, put on your fAVORITE lp, and chill out on marty robbins singing "devil woman"
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#494479 Nov 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is; the will of God for us to search the Holy Scriptures.
Every person from childhood to the death bed learned the Scripture they were encouraged to read them daily.
How do I know what I am being taught by someone else that it is the truth.
The only religious sect that discourages us from reading them is the catholic church why is that, what are they afraid we will learn they lied to us, I think so.
Catholic's are programed, to follow the doctrine and traditions of the catholic church, even though it goes against the teaching of Christ.
The pristhood was done away with when Jesus died on the cross the ripping of the temple from top to bottom; the veil that seperated us from the Holy of Holy's God the Father is gone Jesus Himself is the way to the Father, not the catholic church nor Mary.
Jesus alone, YOUR CHURCH FATHERS WERE FORNICATOR'S, LAIRS, TRYING TO MAKE THEMSELF SEEM WISE THEY BECAME FOOLS.
JESUS IS THE RISEN LORD, HIGH PREIST FOREVER, WE WHO ARE BORN OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD ARE HIS ROYAL PRISTHOOD.
GET YOURSELF A BIBLE SIT AND READ IT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF THE LIES YOU HAVE BEEN FEED.
EVER HEARD THAT SONG CHAIN OF FOOLS, LISTEN TO IT.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494480 Nov 25, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Very solid post. In my judgement,denominations bicker about issues that they cannot possibly be certain about.Then they mask their uncertainty with arrogance and hostility toward other denominations.I get many tools from Orthodoxy.My purpose however is union with Christ. To just have a loving relationship with Christ.
True,true,true HS.And that union with Christ brings you into fellowship with all who are united in Christ through His Spirit.It is really important that every believer realizes what they have in CHRIST,so that they can not only enter His Rest,but be effective in the global effort to win as many as will come to Him by faith.We are not able to save anyone,but we can plant seed,and water as well,but only God gives the Increase.

I do not like everything I see with what is happening in the Body of Christ,but than it is not all about me,or what my opinion is,nevertheless,there are many things God is doing in all Christian traditions today,and we have to trust that God does in fact KNOW what HE is doing. Our day is but a breath away from extinction,as we never know how long we will be here.

I read everyday about people who were here yesterday and today they are not,that is a good reason why we cannot base anything on ourselves.June is wrong,because she is short-sighted as to the overall big picture,we are not able to go beyond our limitations without God's help and according to His Will.It takes some humility here,and we all could use that,it is a wonderful attribute for all believers.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494481 Nov 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
How many devout catholic, protestant, jewish, Muslim, families shun their ADULT children if they stray from the belief they were raised into?.....MILLIONS, and MILLIONS! There are many families who never speak to their children again because of them using their FREE WILL.
eg; Over the years tens of thousands of catholic men and women have left the priest/sisterhood for their own personal reasons. I respect that.
..... How many catholics in all those parishes/dioceses personally wished them well and good luck in their new endevours when they left? Probably near zero.
......very sad when people become too indoctrinated into their belief and can't understand why someone doesn't see the world the way they do.
Organized religions has caused much grief for many people who just decided to use their own educated pathway in life that might not be the same pathway their families took.
......very sad!
DESPITE what you learned as a child ...

JESUS when He,spoke to people was,one on one ...TO EACH HEART and,soul ..He Is,NOT A,RELIGION..He came ACTUALlly to REPLACE RELIGION...A,RELIGIOUS,SYSTEM. ..was NOT,what He preached ...

FAITH is,personal ..One on one between us,and OUR SAVIOUR.

IF people who presented themselves,as,men of God ..did wrong ..it was NOt with God's,approval ...ever ..

You need to remember,JESUS and WHAT HE DID ...MIchael...not what those,who claim to be followers,did ....

There is,a,huge difference ....belief in JESUS as your Saviuor is,what gives,y our soul to God ..

DO NOT close your heart ...hurting yourself ..because of the actions,of others.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#494482 Nov 25, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is; the will of God for us to search the Holy Scriptures.
Every person from childhood to the death bed learned the Scripture they were encouraged to read them daily.
How do I know what I am being taught by someone else that it is the truth.
The only religious sect that discourages us from reading them is the catholic church why is that, what are they afraid we will learn they lied to us, I think so.
Catholic's are programed, to follow the doctrine and traditions of the catholic church, even though it goes against the teaching of Christ.
The pristhood was done away with when Jesus died on the cross the ripping of the temple from top to bottom; the veil that seperated us from the Holy of Holy's God the Father is gone Jesus Himself is the way to the Father, not the catholic church nor Mary.
Jesus alone, YOUR CHURCH FATHERS WERE FORNICATOR'S, LAIRS, TRYING TO MAKE THEMSELF SEEM WISE THEY BECAME FOOLS.
JESUS IS THE RISEN LORD, HIGH PREIST FOREVER, WE WHO ARE BORN OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD ARE HIS ROYAL PRISTHOOD.
GET YOURSELF A BIBLE SIT AND READ IT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF THE LIES YOU HAVE BEEN FEED.
EVER HEARD THAT SONG CHAIN OF FOOLS, LISTEN TO IT.
"The only religious sect that discourages us from reading them is the catholic church why is that, what are they afraid we will learn they lied to us, I think so."

Please show us where the Church encourages us not to read scripture.

"Catholic's are programed, to follow the doctrine and traditions of the catholic church, even though it goes against the teaching of Christ."

Please cite these Church teachings that go against the teachings of Christ.

Also, please cite book chapter and verse where Christ teaches fundamentalists to lie about the faith of other Christians.
Catholic Girl

United States

#494483 Nov 25, 2013
I think June was hatched.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494484 Nov 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad says..........I made the same judgment at times years ago,but I am convinced that only the Holy Spirit will reveal to the affected people what they are dealing with and for what reason.
Michael says.....If 75% of mankind does NOT believe in the holy spirit, how would God affect their lives who seem to live no differently and suffer and recover from the same ailments as those who do believe in the holy spirit?
If christians believe that ONLY their pathway is right, why would God allow all the NON christians (the majority of mankind) to exist and peddle their beliefs if they are not most righteous?
AGAIN,F r e e Will Michael.God is not in the business o forcing His Will on anyone.If a Hindu in his or her mindset seeks to know God,they he or she cn pray,and many do don't they?Who knows the attitude of a person's heart,the hunger thy might have for God? Only God being All in all,can discern the human heart cry,He is all Merciful,Compassionate,allknow ing.The workings He has with people of many persuasions is righteous,because HE is righteous.

You cannot limit God to your limited view of HIM,just as I cannot limit God to my Chrisian experience.HOWEVER, Christ is still the only Savior and He is the only ONE who laid down His life for all of human kind.
Catholic Girl

United States

#494485 Nov 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe a few but I seriously doubt it. Since "devout" religious communities know they did the best they could in showing the right way to live by. After the children grow up and see life as it really is, they soon return with more gusto for their religion. And the cycle just as history, repeats itself.
enjoy this day the Lord has made...
Catholic Girl

United States

#494486 Nov 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"The only religious sect that discourages us from reading them is the catholic church why is that, what are they afraid we will learn they lied to us, I think so."
Please show us where the Church encourages us not to read scripture.
"Catholic's are programed, to follow the doctrine and traditions of the catholic church, even though it goes against the teaching of Christ."
Please cite these Church teachings that go against the teachings of Christ.
Also, please cite book chapter and verse where Christ teaches fundamentalists to lie about the faith of other Christians.
No one stops anyone from reading the bible...
Liam

Detroit, MI

#494487 Nov 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lets look at the TRUTH.
when Jesus spoke these words "this is my body", He was telling them that His body was going to be destroyed. it was a prophecy to a certain extent, since we know that His body was NOT broken, not one bone.
{Are they still Christians?} the answer is that they are [not] since they follow a false teaching such as catholcism.
when are you going to learn clay, that every thing that you claim, I can prove that it is False.
Now there is a new teaching on the bread that I've never heard before.

I'll stick with the word of God as communicated orally and in writing by the Apostles.
Jesus is the Lamb of God. The Lamb was sacrificed and consumed by the Jews and so is Jesus. The last supper, calvary, and every single Catholic mass its the same sacrifice.
"Happy are those called to the supper of the Lamb." Revelation 19:9

The Eucharist is the word of God; the New Testament/New Covenant. Luke 22: 20

You changed what the Lord installed. So don't blame Marge for doing the same thing you're guilty of.

"They do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the father in His goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"
Ignatius of Antioch

Are you going to be so bold to say a man who learned the faith verbally from the Apostles got it wrong, and now you got it right?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#494488 Nov 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lets look at the TRUTH.
Let's look at what He said, not what you say.

Matt. 26:26-28; Mark. 14:22,24; Luke 22;19-20; 1 Cor. 11:24-25 - Jesus says, this IS my body and blood. Jesus does not say, this is a symbol of my body and blood.

Matt. 26:26; Mark. 14:22; Luke 22:19-20 - the Greek phrase is "Touto estin to soma mou." This phraseology means "this is actually" or "this is really" my body and blood.

1 Cor. 11:24 - the same translation is used by Paul - "touto mou estin to soma." The statement is "this is really" my body and blood. Nowhere in Scripture does God ever declare something without making it so.

Matt. 26:26; Mark. 14:22; Luke 22:19 - to deny the 2,000 year-old Catholic understanding of the Eucharist, Protestants must argue that Jesus was really saying "this represents (not is) my body and blood." However, Aramaic, the language that Jesus spoke, had over 30 words for "represent," but Jesus did not use any of them. He used the Aramaic word for "estin" which means "is."

Pad

Rockford, IL

#494489 Nov 25, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Question. Why should God heal us if we get sick as a result of not obeying His health laws given to us in the scriptures? Many of our illnesses comes as a result of not following Gods health laws.
And you live in America right? Our way of life is appauling even to the Europeans,as there are so many preservatives in our foods.

Yes we need to be careful with our ways of eating.And a big problem with us here is overeating,putting so many more calories into our bodies we do not need.

Sickness is a given when we abuse ourselves. As far as God's healing power,that is totally based on His grace,His will,and His compassion(mercy),so if you know completely the Mind of God which you and I do not,if and when He heals is completely in His Court.I will continue to pray that He does heal the brokenhearted,and the desparately ill,those who call upon Him with a humble heart.God is not limited to our faults and fallen natures,we make the mistake of limiting our faith to our fallen condition.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#494490 Nov 25, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>IF marge had been taught by men like gig and myself, she would NEVER have spoken those words to nick, since gif and myself have prayed for him and his wife to be strengthened by the Lord.
and to take it further, she would NEVER had heard men like gif and myself Preach and teach a doctrine that both of us fully stand against.
WHAT MAKES YOU LIE SO CONSTANTLY ON THIS FORUM? YOU KNOW THAT GIF AND MYSELF ARE NOT LIKE HER AT ALL.
Slow down, I said Marge was taught by men like you and Confrint to accept the false doctrine of sola scripture. To search the scriptures and form her own theology. That's what she's doing.
I didn't say you taught her what do believe on certain scriptures. I didn't say you personally taught her anything. I said men LIKE you did.
Under sola scripture, you have no right telling anyone they are wrong on the conclusions they reach.

This is really unfortunate because I respect countless protestant ministers. Men like Rick Warren and Billy Graham. Then there others like Jimmy Swaggert who are poor examples of pastors. Still I would never interfere with their personal relationship with the Lord nor their salvation. They'll stand before God just like you and I.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494491 Nov 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Martin Luther wanted all Protestants to see it HIS way. And when they wouldn't see it his way, the major squabbles started among the Protestants.
Religion is based on one theological HIGH after another, with each new theologian claiming to know the one and only truth. And the bickering never ends
What a shame.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.
The clergy became a powerful class, dominant through their learning and their fearful denunciations of the faithless. They wrote the books for the people to read—the famous Cotton Mather having three hundred and eighty-three books and pamphlets to his credit. In cooperation with the civil officers they enforced a strict observance of the Puritan Sabbath—a day of rest that began at six o-clock on Saturday evening and lasted until sunset on Sunday. All work, all trading, all amusement, and all worldly conversations were absolutely prohibited during those hours. A thoughtless maid servant who for some earthly reason smiled in church was in danger of being banished as a vagabond. Robert Pike, a devout Puritan, thinking the Sun had gone to rest, ventured forth on horseback one Sunday evening and was luckless enough to have a ray of light strike him through a rift in the clouds. The next day he was brought into court and fined for “his ungodly conduct.” With persons accused of witchcraft the Puritans were still more ruthless. When a mania of persecution swept over Massachusetts in 1692, eighteen people were hanged, one was pressed to death, many suffered imprisonment, and two died in jail.
History,history,history,so much,and much absorbed by all of us,who can read!I have read about atrocitiies and terrible things done by religious people all my life,I am 65,so there are a lot of books under my belt.

Is Christ on trial here June,or are His followers?The human effort to purge themselves of human sin and ills has been around for centuries.The Pagan world had their ways of dealing with those who did not tow the line as it were.We read horrible accounts of pagan courts and what was forced on the populace,especially in the times of Roman occupation.

One can read the Bible to his own destruction,if he chooses first of all to understand it with only his or her own understanding,and application.When people read the Bible with an open mind,they can benefit from it,but if they are excessive about any one point in Scripture,like the wrath of God,or judgment,they can become legalistic and cold hearted about how they deal with others.That has been a problem,and throughout history those who sought to gain financially from abusing Scripture,laid a foundation of trouble for many societies that were affected by the Christian message.We always had the goats along with the sheep.In Christ however we who are the sheep will remain to the end.But as long as we live on this earth the goats,the chaff,the tares will be with us.Always disguised as religious zealots,and wanting to serve God with a sword,a gun,or some weapon in their hand,and for GAIN!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Aura Mytha 88,110
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 7 min USAUSAUSA 124
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 11 min Taco-smacko 2
The Future of Politics in America 14 min Buck Crick 222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min New Age Spiritual... 977,292
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min LAWEST100 184,720
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 30 min Buck Crick 551
More from around the web