Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,249
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494168 Nov 23, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
iniquity: anomia, illegality, i.e. violation of law or (genitive case) wickedness:--iniquity, X transgress(-ion of) the law, unrighteousness.
And let all Gods children say..........AMEN TO THE WORD!
marge

Ames, IA

#494169 Nov 23, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
In the Name of the Father,Son,and Holy Spirit
Father.
Please protect us from the tools of Evil: fear, hopelessness,distrust,doubt,an d most of all,distancing ourselves from you in any way.Please make these times of darkness disappear at the Name of Your Son, Jesus.
Please heal, comfort and grant Your peace to Rose and her family, Preston and his family, LTM and her family, Confronting and his family,Black Thunder and his family,Pad and his family and anyone we have forgotten.
We thank You for Your Blessings and Your Love
We ask these this in the Name of Jesus
Amen
Very nice prayer Hermi and I 100% agree,...

then why am I still weary of you and Seri?

well for one do you's still pray to Mary and the saints?
marge

Ames, IA

#494170 Nov 23, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And let all Gods children say..........AMEN TO THE WORD!
DO the Word Tony, its one thing to agree with it, another to do IT.

Same thing with you as Herms, no trust here you are a real Christian.
marge

Ames, IA

#494171 Nov 23, 2013
oxbow same,...

Even thou none of us{Christians) can fully keep Christs Law, we should at least be able to agree what it is.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494172 Nov 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
DO the Word Tony, its one thing to agree with it, another to do IT.
Same thing with you as Herms, no trust here you are a real Christian.
Do what you do best......GO BACK TO SLEEP,LOL. Seriously though,I'm the one that says we have to obey the word i.e, THE LAW. The rest of you so called Christians are the ones saying we can ignore the law. I advise you to take your own advice and DO THE WORD.....OBEY THE WORD i.e.,THE LAW.
marge

Ames, IA

#494173 Nov 23, 2013
With Tony it's obvious he doesn't respect the 'law',

then others see absolutely nothing wrong with calling on the dead believers,

and also call themselves Christians...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#494174 Nov 23, 2013
Damn, almost half a million posts on this thread. You people take this balderdash seriously...

Location hidden

#494175 Nov 23, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And let all Gods children say..........AMEN TO THE WORD!
AMEN TO THE WORD!

Okay, I took your advice and achieved.... nothing!

Location hidden

#494176 Nov 23, 2013
Too much Bible thumping here for my taste.

Location hidden

#494177 Nov 23, 2013
Oh, and have a wonderful afterlife all.:)

Byyyyyyyyeeeee!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494178 Nov 23, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
Too much Bible thumping here for my taste.
Well then....YOU'RE DISMISSED.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494179 Nov 23, 2013
marge wrote:
oxbow same,...
Even thou none of us{Christians) can fully keep Christs Law, we should at least be able to agree what it is.
No one can fully keep the law. That's why when we break ( or sin...TRANSGRESS THE LAW) all we have to do now is repent. We no longer have to observe the blood ordinance and sacrifice an animal to cover our sin. That's one part of the law that we are no longer under. That's what you Christians fail to grasp. Some of the law ( certain parts) was done away with but much of the other parts of the law is still in full effect.....example,the law against homosexuality is still in effect.
truth

Perth, Australia

#494180 Nov 23, 2013
dear God
Is law stolen identity?
id

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#494184 Nov 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You do put life in the Word of God!!!!
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
guess it bothers you when they have open prayer at a NASCAR racer. uh?

some day that hypocritical camel will choke you to an early demise

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#494185 Nov 24, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Yes if you want to be saved. If you would read your bible you would believe me, but unfortunately you're not going to so I guess you'll end up staying lost. He condemns no one, they condemn themselves by not studying. It's so easy to find the true church of the bible if one would simply try. if you would like to know how to find the truth of why the Church of Christ is the one and only true church and can be found in the bible, just let me know.
Sorry, according to scripture the true temple shall come a bit after Armageddon. The church that we see today is a man-made establishment that says that it worships God. Maybe U should check out through research the history of Catholicism. And I'm not talking about the biased European version that U would find in mainstream as a brain-washer but the findings of theologians who study the history and texts. U would probably and ironically in turn see what athiests are talking about. And also, U forgot that most of these athiests already know the scripture, actually more than the folks who claim to follow them. So prompting them to read to understand is a futile attempt to persuade.

“New Life”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#494186 Nov 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay,
I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more, but the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry, from the WATERS lifted me now SAFE am I.
Romans 5:5
5 And hope does not put us to shame, because Godís love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
That is beautiful. He is so merciful to rescue us, thank God.

“New Life”

Location hidden

#494187 Nov 24, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
its a breath of fresh air meeting someone who's taking an honest look at both sides and forming their own opinion.
The thing with Clements Epistle is that it had to be written well after Peter died. That's not a big deal. When we say Peter ordained him, that doesn't mean Peter also was with him when he served as Pope. Just like John Paul II wasn't with Benedict and Francis- yet JP II made Francis a Cardinal some yrs ago.
We know from Clements Epistle that he was Bishop of Rome and he wrote with authority to the Church @ Corinth, commanding them to reinstate some Presbyters who were removed unjustly and without his approval. They obeyed him just like they obeyed his predecessor Peter.
Clement is also mentioned in the Bible if one of Pauls letters.
"Yes, and I ask you my true companions, help this woman since they have contended at my side, in the cause of the Gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, who's names are in the book of life"
Phil 4:3
Now that can't be 100% proof that its the Clement of Rome, as fundamentalist will quickly point out. But they won't use sound evidence to say its not, rather, they don't want to believe its the same Clement, so they don't.
One thing for sure, there would not have been some guy telling the Church in Corinth what to do, unless he was a valid Bishop. And the people in Corinth would not have listened to him if he was just some guy.
Thanks for answering. I understand we cannot know for sure it's the same Clement but it's likely.
I think there is similar SCRIPTURE references to others we can only assume about. One I've heard or read was the sons of Simon of Cyrene.
Rufus and Alexander. Then in one of Paul's letters a reference to
Rufus. Is it the same young man years later?
I'd imagine Simon was greatly affected And it's possible Mark mentions the children's names because they are known to him. No way to know.
I was more interested in your link to the Didache, an early writing.
I did not see an answer but you may have . They don't seem to be talkin
About babies being baptized?

“New Life”

Location hidden

#494188 Nov 24, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>guess it bothers you when they have open prayer at a NASCAR racer. uh?
some day that hypocritical camel will choke you to an early demise
Public prayer is good. There should be more of it, not restricting it to private prayer. Just my opinion, but we are told to pray together.
It used to be much more common.

“New Life”

Location hidden

#494189 Nov 24, 2013
In the Name of the Father,Son,and Holy Spirit
Father.
Please protect us from the tools of Evil: fear, hopelessness,distrust,doubt,an d most of all,distancing ourselves from you in any way.Please make these times of darkness disappear at the Name of Your Son, Jesus.
Please heal, comfort and grant Your peace to Rose and her family, Preston and his family, LTM and her family, Confronting and his family,Black Thunder and his family,Pad and his family and anyone we have forgotten.
We thank You for Your Blessings and Your Love
We ask these this in the Name of Jesus
Amen
Amen. Agree in Jesus name protect us from all evil.
Great prayer and sentiment, especially with the world in the mess it is in.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#494190 Nov 24, 2013
<quoted text>----------
Ms. Babbleon,
There are various powers. Omniscience, Omnipresence, etc. Oh I forgot you make it up as you go along.
Were you born into the orthodox belief to become just like mom and dad, or did you find it by educating yourself at an adult age of weighing the pluses and minuses of most religious beliefs and coming to your conclusion of practicing your form of orthodox?

I was born a roman catholic and EXPECTED to always remain a roman catholic. We are right and everyone else is wrong we were taught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay snapchat names 4 min Willg2204 320
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Dave Nelson 793,176
Ft Lauderdale Hair MD 14 min A Happy Golfer 2
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 19 min Rathore 38,045
what does the bible tell us about god? 19 min Reverend Alan 373
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Pegasus 267,249
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 24 min doug 39,641
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min mike 607,031
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Ex_Irontonian 97,404
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr lightbeamrider 476