Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685654 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#494392 Nov 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you notice how there is nothing but fights between Protestants and Catholics on this forum?
Now I suggest you think back to when the two factions used guns and swords rather than words, and what they "accomplished."
Religious wars between people of the same persuasion as it were is really horrendous.We see that in the Muslim religion,betwixt the Sunnis and the Shiites,also,the Sufis of Islam fought against the Sunnis and Shiites.The Hindus have warred against each other in factions of their segmented society of:Brahmanism,down to the untouchables' Buddha was born into Hinduism,he was from the Warrior Caste,Zoroaster(of Iran or Persia) was born to the priest or (Zaotar) caste of Hinduism.Both rejected Hinduism because of the Caste system,and their followers were at times in battles with Zealous Hindus.

Christian wars between Prots,Catholics and Orthodox are no doubt a blight against the Holy and wonderful teachings of Christ.It has brought much shame to the whole history of the Christian faith,but in spite of it all,many human beings not only were given much aid,but many converted to Christ willingly and of their own volition.Yes many were forced,and that is a terrible blight as well.Did you know that Mental Institutions where people were cared for and treated with compassion were first started by Priests,monks and nuns?Those religious reached out in unconditional love whereas society rejected those who suffered mentally.The people with Downs and so on were first cared for in love by Catholic religious, in an institutionalized way.

Christians have always been known through history for their giving and helping of the poor,regardless of affiliation.

The Prophet Baha'ullah of the Bahais in the 1800s said that no group on the earth has done more to show compassion to the needy than the Christians showing the greatest attributes of Christ like behavior!

It seems that all religions continue to argue,but that there are those within their ranks that realize that to truly serve God is to help the unfortunate and handicapped,along with widows and orphans.

All of what is done in the Name of any deity that is good is not without its reward,but the fact remains Christ is the only salvation for sinful humanity who causes their own ills,that we all must constantly be concerned about.God our Father sent His Son,that the world would have the opportunity to repent of their sin and receive the gift of Eternal Life from Christ. We will leave Judgment in the hands of the Perfect,Merciful,all-compassio nate JUDGE of all life,The FATHER Almighty(El-Shaddai),who SEES all things,is Omnipresent,and nothing is Hid from His sight,He does not sleep or slumber,and He is still on the Throne forever and ever! I do not have to be accused of being a bigot ever,because I know that God ALONE has the final Word as to what He shall do with every human life.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#494393 Nov 24, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Matthew 23:9 forbids calling any man "Father" in the sense of reverence...
"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -Matthew 23:9
Catholics disobey the Bible by calling the priest "Father." Only God is to be reverenced by such a title. The Pope is NOT the "vicar" of God, but is rather a false prophet of Satan.
1st Timothy 4:1-3 warns...
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."
Are Catholics blind? Or perhaps Catholics just don't read the Bible. 1st Timothy 4:1-3 clearly WARNS us about cults that forbid people to eat meat (every Friday for Catholics) or get married (Catholic celibacy laws that forbid priests from getting married).
I recently listened to a Catholic priest on TV speaking to his parish. He told the people that the best way to know what's right on all matters of faith and morals is to just "listen to the Pope." What a contrast to the teachings of the Word of God. The Bible declares...
"...let God be true, but every man a liar..." -Romans 3:4
Please quit spamming the thread with cut and paste junk:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
truth

Perth, Australia

#494394 Nov 24, 2013
if person don't have rights defended yourself
don't respect corupt authority under any condition..
if are you target from corupt authority what so ever..don't worry you are not first on this planet..
authority is les then 1% on this planet from entire population..yee

who they are
nobody and nothing

its system of controling

if you liked control them
what they will do

they do as alwayes do
eliminated anyone what so ever keep themself on power
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
What happen if someone find there are wrong as they are?
History is full of some story trough generation up to generations they are falling from authority which someone think they are right in reality not as they are not.

by 501
did someone have right go trough your house 100 km per hour as someone try kill you front of your house then call you stupid mental..
asked for prove in morning 8.30 when mother bring child to school
did you send police against poor mother sqeeze her for neck arms and so on on her property without not asking who is corupt authority..
by 501..
i am not killer

serve your evil friends for your evil money
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

n
don't cry when i died

neplacite mene
vec placite vase stanke
ke imaste vase kcerke
sto ih porususte
za pravednikm isusom sto cvilise

mnogi placu za pravdom
a nje nema
vrlo malo ili nikako

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#494395 Nov 24, 2013
mrzi me vase davlije setirano pravo

byyyyyyyyyyyy
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494397 Nov 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>the Apostles wrote it guided by the Holy Spirit. the Apostles were Catholic. Pope Francis is talking to Putin about your church.
With all due respect,I cannot agree ever that the Apostles were Catholic.The Apostles were appointed by Yeshua(Jesus) and they were Jews.They continued to follow Jewish canon,and attended Synagogue even until the Jewish Sanhedrin persecuted them,and they scattered out of Jerusalem.

The Apostles and early believers were called CHRISTIANS first in Antioch,the word Catholic does not ever surface in the Word at all.

I am not saying that the early believers who adopted the term Catholic were not Christians.It is obvious that the Gentile believers in the latter part of the first century and beyond used the UNIVERSAL term Catholic.But why especailly since the Apostles spoke Greek and wrote the New Testament in Greek did that term of "Catholic" not appear amongst them?

Besides the word Catholic is strongly associated with the Roman church headed by the Pontificus Maximus or Holy See the Papacy.Peter was no more a Pope than Martin Luther was. Peter already had the highest office of being a fellow brother of leadership with the other Apostles.Apostle is the highest term used in the New Testament as appointed by the Savior Himself.

It does bother me when I hear anyone in this age called an Apostle,it seems flippant. Although the Apostle Paul named that in Corinthians as an office of appointment.YET,at the same time Paul knew and gave mention to the austerity and discipline of being an Apostle chosen by the Master Himself.It is quite Obvious from the New Testament writings of Paul and also in the Book of Acts that the Apostles were chosen by Christ,and that they were equally designated shepherds of the Body,along with teaching and evangelizing the known world around them.

It is quite apparent as well that the title Apostle ceased being used in that first century,only Bishop was used as an official title in leadership,with the elders,and deacons.Peter was looked upon in the New Testament epistles and Acts of the Apostles as equal with the other Apostles,Paul even at times was angry with Peter when he sided with the circumcision.

And we never see the Apostle Peter being called a Pope in Rome,nor was such an office established by him or for him.John who spent many years on the island of Patmos was never given the prophesy or foreknowledge of the Papacy being started by Peter or inspired by Peter.The Apostle Paul who spent years in Rome,wrote much of the New Testament Epistles,a genuine Leader or an Apostle in great standing never addressed Peter in Rome,let alone gave Peter the respect he would have had due him as a POPE. Paul never mentioned Peter in his epistles when GREETING believers in Rome,Corinth or anywhere else for that matter except Jerusalem.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#494398 Nov 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
So you approve of her being called scum and a nobody?? Really? She didn't kill anyone, for heaven's sake. All she did was express her opinion and beliefs which happen to differ from yours. And she was attacked unmercifully for it. I thought that was against the rules? Or does that particular rule only go one way?
In scripture, sin usually manifests as physical illness, i.e. "suffering". Like all evangelical fundamentalist protestants, Marge believes that praying to the saints is a sin. Surely you can add two plus two and see where she's coming from. I've been on this board a good deal longer than you have and am used to Marge, but she's said similar things to you in the past so why are you ganging up on her now? You've been telling us over and over how Christ is with you, Nick. Somehow I don't think Christ would approve of the cruelty and spite that I've witnessed here tonight.
I've said this before and it keeps being confirmed over and over again...you people are playing a very dangerous game here...and God has no part in it. Normally I wouldn't get involved in your squabbles, but this was just so wrong that my conscience wouldn't let me keep silent. Now say whatever you need to about me to make yourselves feel better. Someone had to speak up and I willingly volunteered.
Hey Regina:), some of us ladies seem to really love each other here and try to see the meaning by what is said, thankyou. May God bless you my dear friend. Please read with Rico says, that was my concern.
truth

Perth, Australia

#494399 Nov 24, 2013
o pet0
jeste to vi prevodioci
neki cuknuti u glavu
ako vam nesto cuche u glavi ili je chips ili spirit
see
u petu
start there vaccine
k childfeet=vaccine
peta=k vaccine child vaccine

start there
its helthy or not healthy
stop crime
find many crime trough simple way
i become 48 kg
i keep my son in my hand
under most hard time which many mother past trough without any explanation from authority

when others make decizion upon your kids future then what you will do
to be protestar revolt sorrow and so on
Authority will let down you!

then not choice you can be hero and let down them.
Did they deserve..yes in many case yes.

others things you can wrote after
many intelectual people been let down in all rights..
yee they lived after in death when people start wrote about them how much they are been on right path of righteousness..

now
evil spirit is evil spirit

-there is very low organizations
-there is a very high organizations
which they try ruin life of every person and every family
still they asked proveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its good that others know how others troublemakers for money and power exist as well operated on most owfull way..
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee

by five houndred one
she not come in your house any moreeeeeeeeeeeee
truth

Perth, Australia

#494400 Nov 24, 2013
now
is your 501 lived upon kpetafeet

jesus will step where
-vaccine k-peta feet foot
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee
shut up evil people

tears
many childreens cry
mothers too
is that crime
yes it isssssssssssssssssssssssss

now
you liked operated over what
every child is innocent
as many mothers too

posto vas raspali k.is.o.brain

if you have rain how you will defended yourself
if you have o=zero=hole

see tears=there not o or hole

crvi su u vasoj glavi=chieps or spirit who speak alwayes against goodness and humanity

by
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#494401 Nov 24, 2013
Suddenly our "friend" Ricardo has started speaking like a "Muslim".

Worship only God, no created beings, no angels, no prophets, and not Jesus , Moses or any one else, except One True God.

And then he will do a "flip" and start accusing Islam of being an evil religion.

If Islam did nothing else, but drew humankind to worship One True God of Universe, that is its biggest contribution to human kind.!!

But it seems people like Ricardo live only to strike controversies, when they see, more Christians on thread, they start accusing Christians.

And when they see Muslims on any thread, they start criticizing Islam.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494402 Nov 24, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Regina:), some of us ladies seem to really love each other here and try to see the meaning by what is said, thankyou. May God bless you my dear friend. Please read with Rico says, that was my concern.
marge we are all guilty of(inserting foot in mouth at times). But you must know that illness and suffering comes to every household,some are attacks from Satan,and some are even tests from God.Most are the result of these bodies that wear out with age and much usage.

Personally I tend to believe that we all being of the same physiological makeup are bound to suffer ailments that we have no control over.It seems to fall of the Just and the unjust,the good,the bad the ugly as it were.So basically unless we have a profound insight as to where an illness comes from,it is better never to relate them to our spiritual condition.

I made the same judgment at times years ago,but I am convinced that only the Holy Spirit will reveal to the affected people what they are dealing with and for what reason.Yes the Enemy does attack our physical bodies,but God always uses that as a test to try our endurance and to CALL upon Him for help.We can in Jesus' Name speak against afflictions,and to ask that By His Stripes He will heal us.

We really do not have the last word on what God requires as faith in any given prayer.I make it a practice to never judge a prayer,unless of course a Christian is seeking the aid of a shaman or an occult practicioner,as in spiritism.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#494403 Nov 24, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>the Apostles wrote it guided by the Holy Spirit. the Apostles were Catholic. Pope Francis is talking to Putin about your church.
Who says Apostles wrote the Bible (or NT to be sure).

Luke was not an apostle, Mark was not as Apostle.

John who wrote the Gospel of John was not an Apostle.

And Matthew whose Gospel goes by the name Matthew was not an Apostle either.

And as every one knows Paul was not a Apostle of Jesus at all. He gave that title to himself of his own accord.

So the entire NT was not written by any Apostle of Jesus.

If Catholic Church makes that claim, then it means that Catholic Church is not what Jesus established.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494405 Nov 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Suddenly our "friend" Ricardo has started speaking like a "Muslim".
Worship only God, no created beings, no angels, no prophets, and not Jesus , Moses or any one else, except One True God.
And then he will do a "flip" and start accusing Islam of being an evil religion.
If Islam did nothing else, but drew humankind to worship One True God of Universe, that is its biggest contribution to human kind.!!
But it seems people like Ricardo live only to strike controversies, when they see, more Christians on thread, they start accusing Christians.
And when they see Muslims on any thread, they start criticizing Islam.
We pray to the Father in Jesus' Name.The reason being that,Jesus was worthy of representing us before the Father,and that He still is worthy because He is the Resurrection and the Life.

It is hard for a Muslim to understand how we perceive Christ,because he or she is taught that Jesus did not die on the cross,but that Allah deceived the Jews by rescuing Christ from dying.Christ according to Muslim belief went eventually after the crucifixion he survived, to Turkey.

Also Isa's mother Maryam bore him under a tree,and even cursed while giving birth,she ate pomegranates a d drank from a stream under or near where she gave birth.Joseph is never mentioned,and even Bethlehem is never recorded as his birth place by Mohammed,or I should say the WE in the Qur'an.Isa speaks even in the cradle to people Maryam comes in contact with.And later Isa proclaims that the Jews or his followers assert lies concerning his true mission on earth.

Allah never had a son,and He said that Isa was just to be,confirming the virgin birth(which is one thing that shocks many Christians about Islam).

Mohammed many times in the Koran states that God never had a son.It is quite uncanny that with all the women Mohammed took as wives that none of them ever gave him a son either.Interesting!

Isaac son of Abraham,only son of Abraham and Sarah, according to the Koran was a gift to them,because Abraham loved Allah so much that he was willing to sacrifice Ishmael on an altar in place of a lamb,but of course Allah sent an angel to stop him.

The Bible tells us that Isaac was that son of Promise ABRAHAM was told by God to offer on the altar instead of a ram or a lamb. The Angel of the LORD did stop him from killing Isaac. It was not Ishmael who was offered but Isaac.Which book was written first the Bible or the Koran?

Well the Muslims would say the Jews corrupted the Bible.So they the Muslims cannot trust the Bible to be true and accurate,but yet they call it as being from Allah,and they call both the Jews and the Christians the People of the Book.And the Muslims even honor the People of the Book as it were.

Another story quite different was that of Joseph son of Jacob.The Koran states that Joseph was accused by Potipher's wife of trying to molest her,while Potipher was gone on business.However the servants saw what really happened and Potipher gave Joseph the option of not going to prison.Nevertheless the Bible says that Joseph was sentenced to prison,Potipher had to honor his wife's accusation against Joseph,no witnesses came forward to prove her wrong or to be a liar.Joseph was thrown in prison,he did not willingly go there.
truth

Perth, Australia

#494406 Nov 25, 2013
first perfection is..where?

Did someone stolen your ring
or identity?

think about that who liked be bigger then god
truth

Perth, Australia

#494407 Nov 25, 2013
it is written many many many will come in my name
its not me

then
who save whom
truth

Perth, Australia

#494408 Nov 25, 2013
why abraham need blessing from whom

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#494409 Nov 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain to me the meaning of what you were trying to say and nicks illness and sin...and if I owe you an apology you will get it.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#494410 Nov 25, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says Apostles wrote the Bible (or NT to be sure).
Luke was not an apostle, Mark was not as Apostle.
John who wrote the Gospel of John was not an Apostle.
And Matthew whose Gospel goes by the name Matthew was not an Apostle either.
And as every one knows Paul was not a Apostle of Jesus at all. He gave that title to himself of his own accord.
So the entire NT was not written by any Apostle of Jesus.
If Catholic Church makes that claim, then it means that Catholic Church is not what Jesus established.
Matthew was one of the twelve Apostles,Mark,and John were Apostles as well.Luke was a gentile believer,who was taught also by Paul.Paul was appointed to that role of Apostle by the Lord Jesus Himself,and he was sent to the gentiles.

The New Testament simply states those facts,and we really have no reason to doubt the validity of such.If you are a Muslim you must doubt any claim by anything that is written in the New Testament often called by us the ((NEW COVENANT)). Jesus said that He was to establish His kingdom basically by the New Covenant in His Blood,which by the way had to be shed,and He had to die, in order for that Covenant to be enacted.

His life was a sacrifice for all sins,sorry if you do not believe it,because you were taught by your imams to reject Christian teaching,which by the way we get from the New Testament in His Blood,as He did lay down His life for all of humanity,to appease God's wrath on human kind because of sin(its dominion and its results death).

Jesus resurrected from the dead(the firstborn from the dead as it were) because HE defeated both sin and the grave,and we are promised eternal life and a sure resurrection when we embrace His sacrifice on that Cross of for a certainty He died.

Just because you believe a certain way,that you were taught does not nullify the truth of what really happened,and it is a fact that Jesus came to this earth long before the Prophet Mohammed,and He lived and died according to Scripture,and rose again from the dead with a New and resurrected Body that is Eternal.

For every century from the time of Christ we have witnesses to the truth and validity of a life which is consecrated and made righteous by Christ through His Sacrifice.He gave that to all who would come to Him by faith.He is not greater than His Father,He is One with the Father and the Spirit.1x1x1=One God forever and ever.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#494411 Nov 25, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what your question is. But if its about the book of Revelation sayin theCatholic Church is the "synagogue of Satan" then I would say you are not interpreting it correctly. The last paragraph in Revelation warns you not to add to Johns prophecy. Clearly you are adding to it.
You should also understand that the Book of Revelation wasn't considered sacred scripture until 400 AD. It was the Catholic Church in Rome who added the Book to the Bible. You would have no knowledge of it otherwise. Ironic that you'd now use this Book against them.
See, I knew it!!! And for U to mention that U don't know the question that I'm asking ( even though it was CLEARLY STATED, with a question mark and er'thing!! Don't start with a lecture about what biblical books U wish to follow or not. And I didn't add anything to the word. I paraphrased what is written in Revelation. I'm gonna back off now because I see that U're not serious about seeking for truth. I'm pretty sure that U already have it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494412 Nov 25, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>marge we are all guilty of(inserting foot in mouth at times). But you must know that illness and suffering comes to every household,some are attacks from Satan,and some are even tests from God.Most are the result of these bodies that wear out with age and much usage.
Personally I tend to believe that we all being of the same physiological makeup are bound to suffer ailments that we have no control over.It seems to fall of the Just and the unjust,the good,the bad the ugly as it were.So basically unless we have a profound insight as to where an illness comes from,it is better never to relate them to our spiritual condition.
I made the same judgment at times years ago,but I am convinced that only the Holy Spirit will reveal to the affected people what they are dealing with and for what reason.Yes the Enemy does attack our physical bodies,but God always uses that as a test to try our endurance and to CALL upon Him for help.We can in Jesus' Name speak against afflictions,and to ask that By His Stripes He will heal us.
We really do not have the last word on what God requires as faith in any given prayer.I make it a practice to never judge a prayer,unless of course a Christian is seeking the aid of a shaman or an occult practicioner,as in spiritism.
Question. Why should God heal us if we get sick as a result of not obeying His health laws given to us in the scriptures? Many of our illnesses comes as a result of not following Gods health laws.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#494413 Nov 25, 2013
One of these days I'm gonna have to teach a brief synopsis on the law because I fear there are those on the forum that have fallen for the folly that is being taught that we are not under the law so just ignore it.

Most of those that make this erroneous claim have in fact NEVER even studied the law in-depth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 26 min Snake Eyes 25,620
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr LordofDarkness 6,445
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr LordofDarkness 985,634
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 4 hr Frank 301
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 8 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 8 hr juliakk 185
More from around the web