Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,649
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#493896 Nov 22, 2013
Jehovah says ... "Thou shalt have no other gods before me ... OR after me."

I just wrote that version of scripture ... and because it was written and it suited MY theology ... it HAS to be true.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#493897 Nov 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child
What do you expect? After all ... religion IS child's play.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#493898 Nov 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian or no Christian ... do you believe that had Jesus lived he would have agreed with YOUR opinions???
So now you contemplate on if he lived? I thought you believe that he was made up?

Now you want to play a game on "ifs".

You sound confused in your disbelief.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#493899 Nov 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Jehovah says ... "Thou shalt have no other gods before me ... OR after me."
I just wrote that version of scripture ... and because it was written and it suited MY theology ... it HAS to be true.
:)
You ever give thought to shutting up for a minute or two?

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#493900 Nov 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, Luke's author claims to have texts "handed down" about Jesus rather than given to him. That tells us he was not a first generation Christian. In fact, the author likely was a third generation Christian.
His certain reliance on the works of Josephus to create both Luke and Acts tells us his two works come after Josephus' works, one written in the 80's (Jewish War) the other in the 90's (Antiquities of the Jews)-- that's a bottom date range for creation of Luke not for circulation.
Common circulation clearly occurred before 130 AD, since Marcion relies on Luke to create his Gospel of the Lord around that date. And there are subsequent references to GoLuke in a some early Christian writings in the later part of the 2nd century, followed up by a surviving partial copy from the end of the 2nd century.
And it is absolutely amazing that Luke's work would be preserved but the texts, other than Mark, Josephus, and Matthew -- if Luke's author relied on Matthew rather than Q -- would not be, eh?
They weren't preserved because they weren't prized documents, as letters or other texts from any of the Twelve or Jesus' family would have been.
All of you so.self educated to disprove The,Word ...your Choice ..

Otherwise it's,
Noise
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Liam

Chicago, IL

#493901 Nov 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of wars that none are killed????!!!
crusade
1.(Historical Terms)(often capital) any of the military expeditions undertaken in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries by the Christian powers of Europe to recapture the Holy Land from the Muslims
2.(Historical Terms)(formerly) any holy war undertaken on behalf of a religious cause
How many people died during the crusades?- Yahoo! Answers
answers.yahoo.com ›...› Society & Culture › Religion & Spirituality&#8206;
Nov 20, 2008 - Around 5,000,000 in the first 4 crusades, with another 1,000,000 in the Albigensian Crusade. Then to weed out those nasty people that were left,...
You're an idiot Ox. Its hard enough having Junes posts in the way. Let the adults talk here..
Don't you have any coloring books or something?

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#493902 Nov 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why pick on those few? President John F. Kennedy and his brother Bobby were both womanizers yet catholics today cry in sorrow everytime their names are mentioned.
....The vast majority of roman catholics in america use or have used forms of birth control the church says is sinful.
......Millions of divorced catholics have a new partner, the church says is adultery.(check your own family)
.....Only about 1 in 4 roman catholics in america attend the minimum mandatory requirement of attending sunday mass. The 75% who don't go commit mortal sin.
.....Thousands of priests/bishops have had sex with our kids committing the worst of sins, all the while giving themselves the eucharist at every mass they said, including the rest of the clergy who lied, deceived and covered up these sins of theirs from you Anthony, and again giving themselves the eucharist with every mass they said.
.........its quite clear the roman catholic church in america is completely out of touch with the VAST MAJORITY of its followers.
Kennedy's,death was,a,tragedy for the COUNTRY.

he,was,murdered,..by those,who thought he,was not liberal enough ..And,actually a,TOUGH LEADER ....I was,one who was scared awaiting what would happen in Cuba,..

Talk softly ..carry a big stick. Something today's,politicians,need to know,.

Kissing upon your enemies ...SWORN TO DO AWAY WITH OUR COUNTRY ..allows,us,to appear weak. WE,ARE,only as strong as our leader .

He may have had a,horrid personal life...back then it was REQUIRED ...we had to study AMERICANISM.VS,COMMUNISM to graduate ..

Now our kids,study PC ...,

He lowered taxes,..increasing revenue,..And the,Commies,knew,he was not fooling ...
Things,that are,good in a leader ..so naturally he was,killed ..did not fit the,plan ..

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#493903 Nov 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
All of you so.self educated to disprove The,Word ...your Choice ..
Otherwise it's,
Noise
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
So I take it you don't wanna discuss why 2 Peter is the silliest text in the NT, huh?

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

CHRISTMAS

#493904 Nov 22, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So I take it you don't wanna discuss why 2 Peter is the silliest text in the NT, huh?
To non believers it all foolishness..it is,written .

Try opening your heart to FAITH ...again ....your choice
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#493905 Nov 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS CAN SPOUT YOU ANTI ABORTION PRINCIPLES
BUT THE SUPREME COURT THAT PASSED ROWE VERSES WADE...WAS CONTROLLED BY ROMAN CATHOLICS
YOU CAN SAY ALL YOU WISH ABOUT SEXUAL PERVERSION
BUT THOSE THAT PASSED THE LAWS IN THE SUPREME ARE CONTROLLED BY ROMAN CATHOLICS..
YOU CAN CURSE OBAMA...BUT MOST OF THE SENATE AND CONGRESS THAT SUPPORT HIM ARE ROMAN CATHOLICS...
EVIDENTLY CORRUPTION AND CATHOLICISM RUN TOGETHER...
Hmmmmm What will the pope do in Jerusalem...will he not corrupt the place?
This is just more of the same old anti-catholic lies that you Confrinting are "so famous for"! Read the TRUE FACTS! Only one Catholic was appointed to the Supreme Court and the remainder serving on the court are Protestants........ Your bible only "anti-catholic (hatefilled ministry)" runs "So deep" that you will say, distort and lie about ANYTHING in order to keep the vengeance, animosity and vindictivenes (heated up) against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Catholic Church....... Hatefilled lies have (fully) "corrupted" your mind, heart, and soul..... Until you come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, Satan will "continue" to be your "mouthpiece"....... Condemning and judgmental preachers like you are a "perfect example" as to why I left the bible only half-truth, half-heresy Church I grew up in!...You do NOT speak for God and NEVER will until you TRULY find Jesus Christ in your life!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#493906 Nov 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
he,was,murdered,..by those,who thought he,was not liberal enough ..And,actually a,TOUGH LEADER ....I was,one who was scared awaiting what would happen in Cuba,..
Talk softly ..carry a big stick. Something today's,politicians,need to know,.
Kissing upon your enemies ...SWORN TO DO AWAY WITH OUR COUNTRY ..allows,us,to appear weak. WE,ARE,only as strong as our leader .
He may have had a,horrid personal life...back then it was REQUIRED ...we had to study AMERICANISM.VS,COMMUNISM to graduate ..
Now our kids,study PC ...,
He lowered taxes,..increasing revenue,..And the,Commies,knew,he was not fooling ...
Things,that are,good in a leader ..so naturally he was,killed ..did not fit the,plan ..
I agree. Overall he was a born leader.

Imagine how different things might have been if he was not killed and did a second term?
truth

Perth, Australia

#493907 Nov 22, 2013
Holy words can't go against holy words!

it is written

People who believe in Jesus Christ will be
abused assault rest prosecuted and many in great number killed.

it is written
you and rest humanity will have hard life..

where is there grace or any commandments..

not exist for so many..

Creator not created anyone for suffering..
its written why is like that to

decivers and possessors
truth

Perth, Australia

#493908 Nov 22, 2013
Law never exist
as they try explain

on INRI
its been
my lags hands body and mind
-there is a no Law
-there is a no Mercy
-there is a suffering

liars which set up on most evil way for others then accuse and prosecuted

you not convince me in anything
righteousness people don't have any rights..
truth

Perth, Australia

#493909 Nov 22, 2013
nice lips talkers try convince others
people don't need think as others as they want
no

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#493910 Nov 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
confronting
Peace
The Roe V Wade Supreme Court:
Chief Justice Warren Burger appointed by Nixon was Presbyterian.
Justice William O. Douglass appointed by FDR was Presbyterian.
Justice William Brennan Jr by Eisenhower was Roman Catholic.
Justice Potter Stewart by Eisenhower was Episcopalian.
Justice Bryan White by JFK was Episcopalian.
Justice Thurgood Marshal by LBJ was Episcopalian.
Justice Harry Blackman by Nixon was Methodist.
Justice Lewis Powell Jr by Nixon was Presbyterian.
Justice William Rhenquist by Reagan was Lutheran.
One Catholic, the rest Protestant....
All but one appointed by Protestant U.S. Presidents.
Peace
Roe verses Wade has come up before the supreme court since it's initial
passing...

There are currently five Catholics out of nine members on the supreme court ...

Have these Roman Catholics done any thing about the murder of the unborn ...

The following list compares reported religious affiliations of U. S. Senators to religious statistics of the demographics of the United States of America:

Jews are represented by 10% of the Senate for 1.7% of the population.(5.88×)

Latter-Day Saints are represented by 7% of the Senate for 1.4% of the population.(5.00×)

Presbyterians are represented by 13% of the Senate for 2.8% of the population.(4.64×)

Episcopalians are represented by 4% of the Senate for 1.8% of the population.(2.22×)

Methodists are represented by 8% of the Senate for 7.2% of the population.(1.11×)

Lutherans are represented by 5% of the Senate for 4.6% of the population.(1.09×)

--->Catholics are represented by 28% of the Senate for 25.9% of the population.(1.08×)<--

Baptists are represented by 10% of the Senate for 17.2% of the population.(0.58×)

Unaffiliated are represented by 3% of the Senate for 16.1% of the population.(0.19×)

Muslims are represented by 0% of the Senate for 0.6% of the population.(0.00×)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#493911 Nov 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
No, what I am saying is that confrInting is so prejudiced in his view, that Catholics are to blame for the ills of society, and that he cannot see his bias.
Similarly judges are biased.
Just as do Catholics blame all others for the ills of society, so do Protestants.

You both are certain you are preaching words aligned to the supposed words of "Jesus" which is very silly, as had Jesus lived, he would not have been preaching Catholicism OR Protestantism. He would have been preaching ONLY Judaism.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#493912 Nov 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Have these Roman Catholics done any thing about the murder of the unborn ...
How ridiculous you are if you entertain the idea that judges can tell women what they must do in concern with their own choices of whether or not to have abortions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Who Has Abortions?

The Alan Guttmacher Institute is a nonprofit corporation for reproductive health research and policy analysis. The Institute is also a public education arm of Planned Parenthood.
It reports that one in six women who have had abortions are evangelical Christians. Based on these statistics, 5.6 million women in our churches have chosen abortion as a way out of an unwanted pregnancy.

http://www.heartlink.org/prodevelopment/A0000...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#493913 Nov 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I mean no disrespect to you personally. I'm being totally honest about the Orthodox sites I visit. I try to take a fair look into your faith. I try to learn about it. Its not an easy Church to understand. On one site, the Orthodox will speak out against something being 'against Church teaching'...But in the neighboring country, the Orthodox say the opposite. I found that with contraception.
The little research I did on the belief that it's the new Israel shows that the Orthodox BELIEVE its the NEW Israel. There aren't two Israels from what I understand.
Then I saw your post this morning and i have no idea why you didn't call it what it is.
Same thing with the Eucharist... don't sugar coat it. Its Jesus Christ. It ain't always easy to say when someone may get offended, but politics have no place dictating the truth of the Lords teachings.
==========

Clay,
Please read further by what the Orthodox mean by the "New Israel"
They specifically state that the term " New Israel is misleading because it does not replace the "Old Israel" It is inclusive. The "Old Israel" is included.I cant type the entire post again but I really did explain it in depth.

I believe you think I "candy coated" the issue. That's ok. You were honest and sincere about your feelings. You have a preconception of me. I cant change that .I do apologize for sometimes wrongly taking offense.
==========
Here are a few more sources to reassure you that my original post was valid:

The church is the Israel of God, "nor a new Israel, but the one and only "People of God", Israel in a new Face of history, namely, that of Jesus."

Sources:
1.Jarvel, "God's Faithfulness to the Faithless People," p. 31.
2.Samuel W. Newell Jr., "Many Members: The Relation of the Individual to the People of God," Interpretation, vol. 5 (1951), p. 422.(Between the Old Testament 'people of God' and the New Testament Church there exists a relation of continuity)
==========

3. The Church is the continuation of Israel. We call it the New Israel, not because it no longer includes the Jewish people, but because it now includes ALL people. It goes beyond what it was; it does not replace what was before

Source:Herman Blaydoe, the Orthodox Monachos forum moderator
----------

4. "It’s interesting that in Scripture you have the new covenant (kain&#275; diath&#275;k&#275;, new covenant. You have the new heaven, you have the new earth. You have the kain&#275; ktisis, the new creation. You have the new human. You have the new song. But there’s no new Israel. There’s one Israel of God, and Jesus is the Messiah of Israel, who exists for the sake of the salvation of the whole creation."

Source: Father Thomas Hopko
==========

5. "There is only one Israel, one Covenant, one faith, as there is only one God and one Christ"

Source: The Jewish Question In The Russian Orthodox Church Gregory Benevitch
==========
6. "Regrettably, the Orthodox Church, following the lead of the Roman and Reformation Churches, dismisses the reconstituting of Israel as merely an accident of history. This is the result of “replacement theology” that presumes that the Gentile Church is New Israel, since supposedly it has replaced Old Israel. It presumes that God is finished with the Jews"

Source: Rev. Archimandrite Fr. Eusebius A. Stephanou, Th.D.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#493914 Nov 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Try opening your heart to FAITH ...again ....your choice
FAITH in what? FAITH in the belief that that a supposed savior of only Christians left Judaism to in turn abandon a Jewish father in the sky?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#493915 Nov 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>

But, as would probably have occurred in earlier times, I suggest he was not killed because of his religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min MAKEWORLDPEACEUID... 4,930
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessari... 779,020
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min who 265,577
Moses never existed 40 min KiMare 852
The most important reasons for not buying the n... 1 hr john beriin 1
Gay snapchat names 1 hr Darragh 184
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr sam 55
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 3 hr daveo69 72
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr JpostNewsYTube 605,379
More from around the web