Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670552 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#494079 Nov 23, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Daaaamn!!!....Truman straight dissed ya boy!!!...Daaamn!!! I guess Billy Graham didn't have Harry fooled!!
And you don't have me fooled either.
Michael

Canada

#494080 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>U don't seem to understand what is religion...let me try and explain...religion is not just a word that describes what people believe or some Webster's definition of it but religion is a PRACTICE..a practice that has many names according to culture and belief. When I mentioned that I don't belong to a sect, I meant that I don't really have a way of practice, i.e. go to church, pray as much, eat the wafer, Bar Mitzvahs, pilgrimage to Mecca, etc...that's what I meant. U're not an intellectual are U?!? Many that aren't would choose out of the context only what can be argued upon with meaningless rhetoric rather than pick up on the facts and debate them!!
DeAngelo says.......PRACTICE..a practice that has many names according to culture and belief. When I mentioned that I don't belong to a sect, I meant that I don't really have a way of practice, i.e. go to church, pray as much, eat the wafer, Bar Mitzvahs, pilgrimage to Mecca, etc.

Michael says......Those vast majority who do practice who go to church when required, who eat the wafer , who pray most of the time will say you are doomed to hell because you are not practicing the right way.......or at all!

That is the problem with religions. Everyone who belongs to a religion believes ONLY the way they practice is the way to the just reward of heaven.

Why would God create mankind to be born by chance into hundreds of different beliefs each one claiming they are the most righteous.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#494081 Nov 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your group believes they own Jesus, I suggest you get them to pray to Jesus and see if he will help with your bowel problem.
Maybe if you unload that Christian nonsense out of your bowels, that Jew will fill you with the eternal Abrahamic fuel necessary to survive.
If we take away all your sterotypes of Christians, Jews, etc all you would be left to post are the words "a" "and" "the"

Location hidden

#494082 Nov 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief that there is a power above you is another way of stating that you believe a creator exists.
And belief that a creator exists IS religion.
The opposite belief is that a there is no creator in existence ... and THAT belief in turn is based on Atheism.
If you are not an Atheist or an Agnostic ... you are in religion ... period.
Logic: There can be a power above you that is not a creator.
You can believe that there is a power above you. It does not logically follow that you believe that this power had a power of creating.

Quesnel, Canada

#494084 Nov 23, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Logic: There can be a power above you that is not a creator.
You can believe that there is a power above you. It does not logically follow that you believe that this power had a power of creating.
If whatever the power is, isn't able to manipulate the elements, then it has no power.

Quesnel, Canada

#494085 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>If we take away all your sterotypes of Christians, Jews, etc all you would be left to post are the words "a" "and" "the"
I suggest "a" "and" "the" would make more sense than your Christian slop of heaven for you and hell for others.

Quesnel, Canada

#494086 Nov 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
DeAngelo says.......PRACTICE..a practice that has many names according to culture and belief. When I mentioned that I don't belong to a sect, I meant that I don't really have a way of practice, i.e. go to church, pray as much, eat the wafer, Bar Mitzvahs, pilgrimage to Mecca, etc.
Michael says......Those vast majority who do practice who go to church when required, who eat the wafer , who pray most of the time will say you are doomed to hell because you are not practicing the right way.......or at all!
That is the problem with religions. Everyone who belongs to a religion believes ONLY the way they practice is the way to the just reward of heaven.
Why would God create mankind to be born by chance into hundreds of different beliefs each one claiming they are the most righteous.
Until they willingly give up the idea that a creator finds only their own religion as being based on truth ... they will keep on preaching the words they are certain aligns TO absolute truth.

Quesnel, Canada

#494087 Nov 23, 2013
Humans in religion believe they can manipulate the elements through prayers.

They pray to their images of gods and trust that the gods will dictate their human desires and in turn bring the desires to fruition.

Prayer is a form of witchcraft.

If you really had trust, you would not try to manipulate the future to be one way or the other.

Quesnel, Canada

#494088 Nov 23, 2013
I hope when I die that I will simply sleep in peace forever.

But if I must continue on, I hope that the future will hold no suffering for any animals, including all humans-animals.

Quesnel, Canada

#494089 Nov 23, 2013
I understand why humans cling to religion with a passion. And if it didn't cause such right-fighting, torture and murder, I would support it as being wholesome.

But religion is not good. It brings out the worst in humans, as history proved over and over and over again.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book …“Billy” by Pamela Stephenson … comes the following.

Florence had made sense of her life by developing a strong Catholic faith, which continues to sustain her to this day.‘It’s really worse than death,’ she decided quite early on.‘living a hellish life. There has to be something beyond it, just for the fairness of the thing.’

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#494090 Nov 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief that there is a power above you is another way of stating that you believe a creator exists.
And belief that a creator exists IS religion.
The opposite belief is that a there is no creator in existence ... and THAT belief in turn is based on Atheism.
If you are not an Atheist or an Agnostic ... you are in religion ... period.
Uh-huh, like I mentioned and I just proved it...U don't really understand what is religion...even after I tried to at least humbly explain to U that religion is a PRACTICE. Maybe this will help...."are U religious?"...'yes I am'..."which do U practice?"...'Judaism'. U see the correlation between religious and practice? U see, people that believe in God have a certain way of worshipping Him which consists of set guidelines which one must practice. Just as medicine or law is a practice, my dear, so is religion!! Ask the theologians!!

Quesnel, Canada

#494091 Nov 23, 2013
The seven-years of age boy would not take their word for it. He comprehended that the dogmas didn't make sense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

One day, Jesus had come into conversation at home and Billy referred to Jesus as having been a Catholic, which was his seven-year-old misunderstanding. Aunt Margaret corrected him.‘Jesus wasn’t Catholic, Jesus was a Jew.’

‘Oh,’ he said with innocent surprise,‘does that mean we’re Jews?’

‘Where did you come up with that one?‘ she sneered, and continued to ridicule him until he was in his teens.‘Does that mean we’re Jewish?’ she would mimic him.

Quesnel, Canada

#494092 Nov 23, 2013
Woman faces negligence charges in connection with son’s death

Police allege his mother, Tamara Lovett, 44, chose to treat the bacterial infection with homeopathic herbal remedies instead of taking him to a doctor.

That decision likely killed the child, police say.

“It was a belief system in homeopathic medicine that contributed to this death,” acting Staff Sgt. Mike Cavilla said.

“It should absolutely serve as a warning to other parents. The message is simple: if your child is sick, take them to the doctor.”

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Wom...

Quesnel, Canada

#494093 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>Uh-huh, like I mentioned and I just proved it...U don't really understand what is religion...even after I tried to at least humbly explain to U that religion is a PRACTICE. Maybe this will help...."are U religious?"...'yes I am'..."which do U practice?"...'Judaism'. U see the correlation between religious and practice? U see, people that believe in God have a certain way of worshipping Him which consists of set guidelines which one must practice. Just as medicine or law is a practice, my dear, so is religion!! Ask the theologians!!
UH HUH ... Well ... maybe the power above you is doing your thinking for you ... which means that you are a robot.

:)

Memphis, TN

#494094 Nov 23, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
@Mike, U're right, I'll be damned by everyone and their mammy to hell for not having a practice!! I don't deny that!! I agree with U when U say that all practices claim to have the correct way but I try to decipher this shit before I dismiss it. I'm not all-powerful or all-knowing so I can't call anybody wrong right now, not even U athiest...I can't say that U're absolutely wrong...honestly, I can't!!!

Memphis, TN

#494095 Nov 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I hope when I die that I will simply sleep in peace forever.
But if I must continue on, I hope that the future will hold no suffering for any animals, including all humans-animals.
What do U call this belief system...this system of hope which U possess?! Enlighten me because if U were to teach your young children (no intention of insult by mentioning) this system, and they teach theirs, what makes U so sure that this system wouldn't not end up with a image and a set of guidelines to follow that will ensure that this hope will manifest?!...like other systems (we call 'em religion) have developed over time from a notion of hope?! Ah-Ha!!...gotcha on this one...hehe

Memphis, TN

#494096 Nov 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I understand why humans cling to religion with a passion. And if it didn't cause such right-fighting, torture and murder, I would support it as being wholesome.
But religion is not good. It brings out the worst in humans, as history proved over and over and over again.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Florence had made sense of her life by developing a strong Catholic faith, which continues to sustain her to this day.‘It’s really worse than death,’ she decided quite early on.‘living a hellish life. There has to be something beyond it, just for the fairness of the thing.’
Ok..ok......enough with the reciting already!!!!...PUH-LEEEEZ!!!

Location hidden

#494097 Nov 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If whatever the power is, isn't able to manipulate the elements, then it has no power.
----------

Ms. Babbleon,
There are various powers. Omniscience, Omnipresence, etc. Oh I forgot you make it up as you go along.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#494098 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>....if U were to teach your young children ...
Try young great great grandchildren.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494099 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>----------
Ms. Babbleon,
There are various powers. Omniscience, Omnipresence, etc. Oh I forgot you make it up as you go along.
Oh those,tiny lil ole thangs...so negligible,she,forgot??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hurricane hyjinks by yin katz 9 min yin katz 1
lsexting 49 min splashshane 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 101,199
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 2 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 91
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr btcmacroecon 286,473
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Peter Ross 445,673
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr Joe Fortuna 980,324
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Sky Writer 31 184,309
More from around the web