Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670430 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#493996 Nov 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Nothing wrong in what you write or believe here.
In fact you are an exile from religion. And I share this in common with you.
Why do you lie so often? You are NOT an exile from religion. You are a Catholic.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493997 Nov 23, 2013
Question: "Should Christians support the nation of Israel?"

Answer: Christians should definitely support the nation of Israel. We must remember that Israel, the nation, is very special to God. We read in Deuteronomy 7:6-8 these words: "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession. The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt."

God's eternal purpose is to bless the world through Israel. Already He has done so in measure, for "salvation is from the Jews" (John 4:22), but the fullness of future blessing is indicated in the wondrous promise of Isaiah 27:6: "In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit."

The declaration that "salvation is from the Jews” suggests our immeasurable debt to Israel. All that we have worth having has come to us through the Jews. Our Bible is a Jewish Book, and our Savior is a Jewish Savior. Let us never forget to pray for God's chosen people. It is true that Israel, today, is in the place of rejection. The nation is a secular, unbelieving (as to the claims of Scripture and their Messiah, Jesus Christ) nation; but "…at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace" (Romans 11:5). Some Jews are being saved and are becoming members of the body of Christ through faith in their Messiah.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/support-Israel.ht...
cont.

Quesnel, Canada

#493998 Nov 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Been there don that....
Compassion is better than serving number One.
There is nothing wrong with admitting that we are selfish and that we do serve number one first and foremost.

It's in that admittance that we come to a sense of peace within. To try to pretend we are not selfish causes us to point at others as being selfish and THAT in turn creates dishonesty in our selves.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#493999 Nov 23, 2013
cont.
Jews are, biblically speaking, the "chosen people of God" and dearly loved by Him. Another reason for Christians to support the nation of Israel is because of the Abrahamic Covenant. We read of God’s promise in Genesis 12:2-3, "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you" (see also Genesis 27:29; Numbers 24:9).

One of the United States’ most worthwhile accomplishments has been its consistent regard for the plight of the Jewish nation. No nation in the history of the world has a better record of treating individual Jews with respect than does America. The same can be said for our befriending Israel as a nation. America has committed many sins for which we may well deserve judgment, but as a nation, we have been a consistent friend of the Jews and the nation of Israel, as well as a benefactor. In 1948, President Harry Truman helped persuade the United Nations to recognize Israel as a nation. Since then, the United States has contributed billions of dollars in aid to Israel.

cont.

Quesnel, Canada

#494000 Nov 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Can someone explain why anyone would declare themselves to be a Roman Catholic?
It's the same reason that those who are Protestant are PROUD to claim they are Protestant.

ARROGANCE!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#494001 Nov 23, 2013
cont.
From the biblical declarations of God's love and care for His chosen people, the nation of Israel, and from the history of nations being destroyed because of their evil dealings with God's chosen people, the Jews, Christian believers should give support to the chosen people of God. This is not to say that we support necessarily the methods they use in their relationships with the Arab nations. The Bible warned that conflict would always characterize the relations between the descendants of Isaac and Ishmael. Sadly, this conflict will continue until Jesus comes back to judge the nations and sets up His 1,000-year reign of peace on earth. We must look at the "big picture” with a biblical worldview. While we do not have to support everything Israel does as a nation, we most definitely should support Israel’s right to exist. God will fulfill His promises and covenants with Israel. God still has a plan for Israel. Woe to anyone who seeks to defeat that plan; “whoever curses you I will curse”(Genesis 12:3).

end

Quesnel, Canada

#494002 Nov 23, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Can someone explain why anyone would declare themselves to be a Roman Catholic? Given the background of the Roman Catholic church and it's papal perversion, murdering of millions and altering the truth of the Bible. Why would they be so pride filled about being Roman Catholic?
The Roman Catholics on this forum puff out their chests as if being Roman Catholic is something to be proud of. They attempt to divert the world's attention away from their horrific past by arguing absolutely false Biblical doctrine.
Bragging about being a Roman Catholic is akin to Charles Manson bragging about murdering Sharon Tate as well as Leon and Rosemary LaBianca.
Martin Luther was an arrogant man who turned from Catholicism to use the same bible for his own aims of superiority as a Protestant as he did when he was a Catholic and at THAT earlier time believed he was superior to others.

If you don't see, you don't WANT to see.

Religion is ALL based on arrogance.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#494003 Nov 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very dishonest with your self.
Your religion is based on the premise that all who want to be saved MUST be of the Catholic faith ... and yet you LIE to me as though I don't GET that message.
Your double-talking might appeal to you, but it doesn't appeal to me.
~~~~

EVIDENTLY your life circumvents around you and your atheistic beliefs..

you say that you were once a Christian.

there are many in insane asylums that have taken the same path you have chosen.

be sure that your sins will find you out..

2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#494004 Nov 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
chance47
Peace
It is the bread of capitalism for the rich to exploit the poor.
It is rather that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer in the U.S.
Isn't that obvious to you?
Peace
And who are perceived as,rich ..yet more,Dems,ate,millionaires,..B ut vote,with them ..50 million deaths,at the feet of those who Neville with false words,that they care about the Poor ..leading to generation dependence ...And,voting for more .
Now,
In a,real power grab they have put off letting people,FIND,OUT how,they will be affected,UNTIL A month after the next election..

Smart politics,. Deceitful..they k ow,if everyone gets their change notices,..next year will be worse,..And they will be voted out of the Senate .

Robert ...worse than Fred which the many millionaire DEMS have and vote for keeping ..is,POWER ..And hose of us,working suffer .. But NOW get to find out too late just how bad .

And the baby killing goes on ..And no votes there for restrictions ..

Capitalism ..does make people,rich..But no poor people detErmined,either ...which can pull people PUT OF POVERTY

Quesnel, Canada

#494005 Nov 23, 2013
Martin Luther ... "I am PROUD to be a Catholic monk, and I am saved by my faith in Catholicism, while others will be sure to burn in hell.

OOPS ... now I'm a Protestant, and I am saved by my belief in my new religion ... and those Catholics are now vile sinners and evil offenders of the same god."

Such NONSENSE!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#494006 Nov 23, 2013
God tells us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem in Psalm 122:6-9:“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:‘May those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels.’ For the sake of my brothers and friends, I will say,‘Peace be within you.’ For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your prosperity.” From this passage, we see that praying for peace and good to come to God’s holy city benefits those who pray. God promised blessings on those who bless Israel and curses on those who curse her (Genesis 12:3), and since Jerusalem is depicted as the center of Jewish life, it follows that those who pray for her peace and security will be granted peace themselves.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/pray-peace-Jerusa...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494007 Nov 23, 2013
Correction..no poor people HIRE folks,. Getting them out of poverty ...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#494008 Nov 23, 2013
Praying for the peace of Jerusalem is most appropriate for a city whose name literally means “peaceful” and which is the residence of the God of peace. The phrase “peace be upon Israel” is found also at the end of Psalm 125:5 and 128:6, indicating that it was a common farewell blessing. Further, Jerusalem will be the scene of Christ’s return (Acts 1:11; Zechariah 14:4), and at that time He will establish permanent peace with its walls. All Christians should be eagerly awaiting His return and praying for the time when the Prince of Peace will reign in Jerusalem.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/pray-peace-Jerusa...

Quesnel, Canada

#494009 Nov 23, 2013
marge wrote:
cont.
From the biblical declarations of God's love and care for His chosen people, the nation of Israel, and from the history of nations being destroyed because of their evil dealings with God's chosen people, the Jews, Christian believers should give support to the chosen people of God. This is not to say that we support necessarily the methods they use in their relationships with the Arab nations. The Bible warned that conflict would always characterize the relations between the descendants of Isaac and Ishmael. Sadly, this conflict will continue until Jesus comes back to judge the nations and sets up His 1,000-year reign of peace on earth. We must look at the "big picture” with a biblical worldview. While we do not have to support everything Israel does as a nation, we most definitely should support Israel’s right to exist. God will fulfill His promises and covenants with Israel. God still has a plan for Israel. Woe to anyone who seeks to defeat that plan; “whoever curses you I will curse”(Genesis 12:3).
end
It was the Catholic new testament authors that claimed that Jews were vile offenders of their own god.

So the Catholics jumped in to fill the holy coffers OF the god, by in turn killing off the Jews.

And the Protestant Martin Luther was as anti-Semitic as he was when he was a Catholic monk.

If you don't see, you don't WANT to see.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#494010 Nov 23, 2013
marge wrote:
cont.
Jews are, biblically speaking, the "chosen people of God" and dearly loved by Him. Another reason for Christians to support the nation of Israel is because of the Abrahamic Covenant. We read of God’s promise in Genesis 12:2-3, "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you" (see also Genesis 27:29; Numbers 24:9).
One of the United States’ most worthwhile accomplishments has been its consistent regard for the plight of the Jewish nation. No nation in the history of the world has a better record of treating individual Jews with respect than does America. The same can be said for our befriending Israel as a nation. America has committed many sins for which we may well deserve judgment, but as a nation, we have been a consistent friend of the Jews and the nation of Israel, as well as a benefactor. In 1948, President Harry Truman helped persuade the United Nations to recognize Israel as a nation. Since then, the United States has contributed billions of dollars in aid to Israel.
cont.
I fully believe God knew,and allowed for the Christians,fleeing persecution to settle and prosper and create,power in the US,
TO
have a,platform and means,to SPREAD THE WORD ..

AND BEFRUEND ISRAEL .......

Quesnel, Canada

#494011 Nov 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Correction..no poor people HIRE folks,. Getting them out of poverty ...
I once knew another smooth-talker who was always preaching about how the government should treat the poor people.

When he inherited a large sum of money, he no longer preached about the poor people ... but rather went on a fancy holiday to enjoy his new-found wealth.

Hot air is of no value in such cases.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#494012 Nov 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Even as a child I simply would not buy into a religion that preached of owning a hell to in turn punish others for eternity ... or even a day.
It made no sense to me that a loving god would allow cruelty to exist in his own afterlife kingdom.
And now I understand why all religion never made any sense to me. And that is because it is nonsensical.
The punishment is for people who willingly choose EVIL as they live their lives.....DUH!! The hellfire was not meant for EVERYONE! If U choose to live your life right then U would have nothing to worry about. My opinion from gaining knowledge from different sources (religion, athiesm, science, the law) is that it's not about what U claim to belong to but how U choose to live out your life. We may not have to jump for joy at church or say our prayers every night but we acknowledge the obligation as mankind to honor our time in this "realm". Let me tell U, even a devout athiest would say a prayer tohimself directed towards God when he's lying on his deathbed...maybe not at the time of an instant death but if he/she had time to lay there knowing that death is approaching any day now I'm sure that they would be thinking (even just a bit) that what if they were actually about to enter the spiritual world that they have so addemently denied throughout their lifetime.

Quesnel, Canada

#494013 Nov 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
EVIDENTLY your life circumvents around you and your atheistic beliefs..
And your life circumvents around your phony bologna Protestantism.

I never was a Christian, as I would not believe in a hell or a devil or evil.

Being raised by a Christian mother did not make me into a Christian. And being raised by a father who belonged to the Rosicrucians that believed in reincarnation did not mean that I was a Rosicrucionist.

I simply took my own spin on religion and believed that a god existed that loved everybody.

Now I believe that no creator existed or exists to accept or reject anybody.

Peace at last.

Quesnel, Canada

#494014 Nov 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully believe God knew,and allowed for the Christians,fleeing persecution to settle and prosper and create,power in the US,
TO
have a,platform and means,to SPREAD THE WORD ..
AND BEFRUEND ISRAEL .......
You are such a blowhard!

Quesnel, Canada

#494015 Nov 23, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>The punishment is for people who willingly choose EVIL
And of course special YOU choose nothing but HOLINESS ... RIGHT???

You should be embarrassed by such pomposity but instead you are PROUD!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 58
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr lightbeamrider 4,034
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Johnnys girl 100,755
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Jehowa Witness 619,365
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr another viewer 980,229
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Shiralee 445,659
___*Antichrist, Global SIGNS, Forewarnings___ 4 hr YTube2017News 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,457
More from around the web